Author Topic: SHOGUN VS HENDO: BEST FIGHT IN YEARS  (Read 3686 times)

apply85

• Getbig IV
Re: SHOGUN VS HENDO: BEST FIGHT IN YEARS
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2011, 06:10:59 AM »
che is right, the best fights are the lighter weight classes, cuz theyre the best fighters

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2011, 06:25:28 AM »
looks like Shogun dirty bulked  ;D

Yeah dude looked in his worst condition yet, but he gassed in round 2 in previous fights, so looks are deceiving. Incredible fight nonetheless.

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2011, 06:33:18 AM »

He was looing sharper at the weigh in. Guess he loads cards and water heavily after making weight.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2011, 06:39:49 AM »
but the judge who didn't probably went along
SUCKMYMUSCLE
Yeah, I can see the logic in the conspiracy theory argument.  So your saying even though Henderson smashed Shoguns face in for five rounds, so badly that his mother wouldn't recognise him that the American Judge still wasn't convinced enough so decided that the fact Henderson come from the same country as him was enough for him to falsify his score sheet thus jeopardising his career and reputation and releasing some unconscious racist bias lurking in his physche.  Yeah, I see, maybe the judge did just go along.
V

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2011, 07:30:02 AM »
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that, from my perspective, Shogun's final round secured a 47 - 47 draw. Its all subjective and any genuine opinion holds as much value as the next but that'show i saw it.

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2011, 07:34:22 AM »
 It was an unanimous decision. I disagree with that. I think Hendo won the first three rounds but lost the last two. It should have been a split decision. I think the fact that Hendo is American might have played a role here.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I was shocked to see all 3 judges in Hendo's favour, i thought it was going to be a split decision. I don't think a draw would've had me too surprised either.

Got a lot of respect for Shogun now, wasn't too big a fan of him prior to this battle.

Great card on paper, great to watch.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2011, 08:16:33 AM »
i had Hendo 3 rounds to 2.  It was a great fight.  great recovery from both of them.  Truly one of the better fights in a while. 

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2011, 08:42:19 AM »
It was good, but neither fighter is winning a belt any time soon.
!

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2011, 10:28:02 PM »
 It was an unanimous decision. I disagree with that. I think Hendo won the first three rounds but lost the last two. It should have been a split decision. I think the fact that Hendo is American might have played a role here.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

lol, impressive intellectual reasoning. You just revolutionized mathematics.
It's Hip to be Square!