Author Topic: Q: Can a US President "Overturn" a Supreme Court Decision?  (Read 732 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Q: Can a US President "Overturn" a Supreme Court Decision?
« on: November 20, 2011, 11:13:58 AM »
Answer:

No. US Supreme Court decisions are final unless Congress and the States ratify an amendment that effectively changes the Court's ability to rule on certain issues; or the Court agrees to a rehearing based on new information; or (more common), a later Supreme Court may have a different constitutional interpretation than an earlier court, resulting in a decision on a new case that changes nullifies laws or changes how they are applied.

Once common example is the case of Brown v. Board of Education, (1954), ended segregation allowed n public schools under the doctrine of "separate but equal" that arose from the an earlier Court's decision that the practice of racial segregation was constitutional as long as the accommodations were equal (they weren't).

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_the_US_President_overturn_Supreme_Court_decisions#ixzz1eH5CCkQw

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
Re: Q: Can a US President "Overturn" a Supreme Court Decision?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 11:20:28 AM »
unless you're Newt !
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 11:22:55 AM »
unless you're Newt !

This was actually Cain.  Again.  Imagine a president that admits he doesn't know anything about foreign affairs, who also doesn't understand the very basics of legislation and the 3 branches of govt.  What grade were you guys in when you learned?

IOWA GOP DEBATE — Herman Cain says he would “overturn” the Supreme Court if they strike down the Defense Of Marriage Act (DOMA).

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 12:04:16 PM »
LOL he does seem to be sticking his foot in his mouth...then again you two fools shill for obama who knows nothing about foreign policy and passes an obvious violation of the constitution so...

guess you two morons have no room to talk eh?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 12:06:48 PM »
In Austria they speak Austrian.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 12:22:14 PM »
Hang On, 240 lying through his teeth...again.

Here's what he actually said,

"I would lead the charge to overturn the Supreme Court if they overturned DOMA," Cain insisted. "Whether that was new legislation coming out of the Congress like Rep. [Michele] Bachmann said. The United States Congress is supposed to pass laws so if they did overturn DOMA, that charge, I would lead to reverse that."

And you can watch it here:  http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/david/cain-would-overturn-supreme-court-if-they-ov

And yes 240, because you're dumb, the President can the lead the charge for a constitutional amendment.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 12:23:05 PM »
Guideline #1 = In full force...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 12:26:37 PM »

"I would lead the charge to overturn the Supreme Court if they overturned DOMA," Cain insisted. "Whether that was new legislation coming out of the Congress like Rep. [Michele] Bachmann said. The United States Congress is supposed to pass laws so if they did overturn DOMA, that charge, I would lead to reverse that."

And you can watch it here:  http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/david/cain-would-overturn-supreme-court-if-they-ov

And yes 240, because you're dumb, the President can the lead the charge for a constitutional amendment.
LOL yea should have known...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 12:31:52 PM »
dammit, i gotta start watching the news  ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 12:33:29 PM »
Guideline #1 = In full force...

LOL.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 12:40:01 PM »

240 is a lying c*nt. Take anything this weasel posts with a grain of salt. I swear every time he posts something now it turns out that he's lying and fabricating facts out of thin air.

What a pathetic propagandist.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 12:42:50 PM »
I a, convinced the day Ron Paul starts getting traction 240 will attack rp according to schedule.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 12:46:32 PM »
I a, convinced the day Ron Paul starts getting traction 240 will attack rp according to schedule.    

put some money on it playboy

no wait, i forgot, you are of the mindset that admitting a candidate's flaws is the same thing as giving barry a blowjob.  check.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 12:48:28 PM »
put some money on it playboy

no wait, i forgot, you are of the mindset that admitting a candidate's flaws is the same thing as giving barry a blowjob.  check.

You have a track record.   As soon as rp gets traction and mad cow tells you to attack him, you will.   

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2011, 12:48:50 PM »
dammit, i gotta start watching the news  ;D
This was actually Cain.  Again.  Imagine a president that admits he doesn't know anything about foreign affairs, who also doesn't understand the very basics of legislation and the 3 branches of govt.  What grade were you guys in when you learned?

IOWA GOP DEBATE — Herman Cain says he would “overturn” the Supreme Court if they strike down the Defense Of Marriage Act (DOMA).
what grade were you guys in when you learned that you need to do your research?

apparently 240's MBA program didnt cover this

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2011, 01:13:50 PM »
You have a track record.   As soon as rp gets traction and mad cow tells you to attack him, you will.   

I don't doubt that one bit.