Author Topic: Krugman: 'Only Fools and Clowns' Believe Republican Ideology  (Read 6910 times)

suckmymuscle

Re: Krugman: 'Only Fools and Clowns' Believe Republican Ideology
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2011, 08:24:15 PM »
You mean the idiot who cheered on the housing bubble and was an advisor to Enron?  

I am not saying I like him. I was just answering the question on who he is and what his credentials are.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2011, 08:24:45 PM »
I is change and for dem peeps in da hizzy with dem debts n da whiteys say dat.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2011, 08:30:05 PM »
Got it. I jumped the gun.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2012, 06:31:09 AM »

Krugman's bad predictions
By John Lott
Published April 12, 2012
FoxNews.com

Few prominent economists have a worse record predicting the impact of Obama’s economic policies than Paul Krugman.  Writing for the New York Times and touting his close “genuine contact” with the “smart” economists and others in the Obama administration and the Democratic congressional leadership, Krugman has been, and remains, Obama’s most important champion. Not only has he been defending Obama’s Keynesian-type deficit-spending, but he has been advocating still more of these same failed policies. 

The economy just can’t gain ground. Thirty-four months since the "recovery" started in June 2009 and the actual number of jobs have increased by just 0.4%. Hardly making up for the 5.5 percent drop in jobs from the peak. Given Krugman’s continued prominence in supporting Obama during the coming election, the best way of evaluating the advice is going to give voters is to see how accurate his claims have been up to this point.

It is important to realize just how terrible Krugman’s record has been. He predicted on CNBC: “I am still guessing that we will peak out at around 9 percent [unemployment] and that would be late this year.”  He assured listeners that double-digit unemployment was “not the most likely event” and “Actually, we are already seeing some positive effects [from the Stimulus].” With unemployment peaking at 10.1 percent and still above 9 percent over two-and-a-half years after he predicted it would peak, Krugman was wrong on both counts.

Krugman’s predictions were also filled with personal attacks against those with whom he disagreed. In March 2009, when Greg Mankiw, the chair of George W. Bush’s Council of Economic Advisers, and some conservative economists questioned what they called Obama’s “overly optimistic” growth predictions, Paul Krugman questioned their honesty. In a New York Times blog post titled the “Roots of Evil,” Krugman attacked Mankiw as “more than a bit of deliberate obtuseness” and that “we can expect fast growth.” 

How many more rosy predictions coming from Paul Krugman can we afford?
-

Yet, our economic growth has not even come close to what Obama and Krugman predicted. It has also been much slower than past economic recoveries. This last year Obama predicted that GDP would grow at 4 percent, while in fact it was less than half of that -- just 1.7 percent.

Mankiw challenged Krugman to a bet over whether the Obama prediction was right, but, despite all Krugman’s abusive rhetoric, he never responded. Krugman must be glad that he never bet his money to back up his claims of “evil” or “deliberate” misinformation, but he never tempered his rhetoric.

Amazingly, despite his track record against conservatives, Krugman didn’t flinch in late 2010 when he claimed: “It’s also worth pointing out that everything the right said about why Obamanomics would fail was wrong.”

Krugman’s predictions were no more accurate for other countries. He criticized the reduction in German government spending in June 2010 as a “huge mistake,” and said: “budget cuts will hurt your economy and reduce revenues [by reducing economic growth].” Yet, more than a year later, Germany’s unemployment rate continued falling, dropping by 0.7 percentage points between June 2010 and August 2011. And as of June 2011, German GDP during 2011 grew at 3 percent, almost twice as fast as our own GDP growth. Germany accomplished the lower unemployment and higher growth rates without burdening its children with the massively higher debt that Obama and Krugman advocated.

But you get some idea why Krugman predictions have so been consistently wrong by understanding that he just thinks government spending is free. He also thought that the 9/11 attacks “could even do some economic good” by stimulating the economy because “all of a sudden, we need some new office buildings” and “rebuilding will generate at least some increase in business spending.”  Let’s the buildings and spend the money on something else. 

Digging ditches and filling them in again leaves people no better off. Krugman has a different view: “If we discovered that space aliens were planning to attack and we needed a massive buildup to counter the space alien threat and really inflation and budget deficits took secondary place to that, this slump would be over in 18 months. And then if we discovered, oops, we made a mistake, there aren’t any aliens, we’d be better off.”

The federal government’s publicly held debt has almost doubled in just over three years.  How many more rosy predictions coming from Paul Krugman can we afford?

John Lott is a FoxNews.com contributor and the co-author of  “Debacle: Obama's War on Jobs and Growth and What We Can Do Now to Regain Our Future” (John Wiley & Sons).

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/04/12/krugman-bad-prediction/#ixzz1rvX3DLUv

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2012, 06:42:03 AM »
" Only fools and Clowns" believe Krugman and the rest of the Libtards..

Best quote from Allen West sums it up
“I must confess, when I see anyone with an Obama 2012 bumper sticker, I recognize them as a threat to the gene pool.”

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2012, 04:20:51 AM »
You're assuming he's actually black. Good chance he's white trash with a computer.
This^^^
(

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2012, 08:09:52 AM »
I love watching Milton Freidman on YouTube, he actually got up there and discussed his ideas, his thoughts and his ideology. He took questions, he went on talk shows, he put himself out there. I can respect that, he stands behind what he believes/believed (RIP) and let loose.

Krugman is the exact opposite. He hides behinds carefully crafted appearances, the written word where no one can rebut him and he makes it personal. He's a coward and an idiot. He has been wrong about every single thing he has spoken about. But, like any good Keynesian, he keeps making excuses for why he was wrong, blaming the implementer's of his insane policy....no, in his own little fantasy world Krugman is never, ever wrong....it's everyone else. Even after the world has collapsed.

What a pathetic clown. Wrong about EVERYTHING, and yet he as the gall to defend it.

Idiot, clown, charlatan.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2012, 09:37:26 AM »
LMFAO!!!!!!! 

so am I.......at the Republicans

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2018, 09:27:59 AM »
https://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/krugman-trump-global-recession-2016-231055

Glad you cashed out Benneyisafatfag when you had the chance   ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2018, 09:34:13 AM »
This what happens with liberal “economists” that can’t  add 2+2

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2018, 09:47:05 AM »
You would think that people would be flocking to Bernie Sanders state of Vermont where his policies have created a Utopia.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/news/local/2015/12/24/census-data-vermont-population-loss/77880886/

Slow growth, or loss of population, has stumped Vermont’s policy makers for years.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2018, 11:59:23 PM »
Krugman is a frail little coward.  I can't tell by looking at him.  If he was even in any kind of physical danger he'd probably shit his pants and start crying.  In all likelihood he has a kunt.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2018, 12:53:27 AM »
Krugman is a frail little coward.  I can't tell by looking at him.  If he was even in any kind of physical danger he'd probably shit his pants and start crying.  In all likelihood he has a kunt.

He'd raise his hand up to you and you would cower like a scared puppy.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2018, 02:38:29 AM »
He'd raise his hand up to you and you would cower like a scared puppy.

I'd stuff him up his own ass.