Author Topic: Tomb Raider Reboot  (Read 1265 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Tomb Raider Reboot
« on: November 20, 2011, 10:36:04 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=50097

Producer Offers Update On Tomb Raider Reboot; Movie To Take Lara Croft "Back To Her Roots"!
The upcoming reboot of the video game turned movie looks set to take Lara Croft back to her roots, and you can find out exactly what that means in this revealing interview with producer Graham King...
Thanks to Collider, we have some new details on the status of the planned Tomb Raider reboot. After two fairly successful movies starring Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft, the studio are now planning on exploring the early years of the iconic video game character...exactly what an upcoming video game from Square Enix will do. Here's what producer Graham King told the site. You can find more by clicking on the link below.

On When Production May Start And The New Direction Of The Franchise:

I think hopefully next year. We just got the script in on Tomb Raider and it’s really good. It’s something that, for me anyway, is different, you know rebooting a franchise that I didn’t produce to begin with. But there’s something about her character and going back to her roots, and that’s what we’re doing with this. You’re actually gonna meet her before she has all her powers as Lara Croft. It’s more of a character study, but it’s a really fun, fun adventure story.

On The Chances Of Seeing Angelina Jolie Cameo In Some Way:

I don’t know, you know we’ve spoken about Tomb Raider and we’ll have to see. I mean she’s so wonderful, she just directed this movie for me, In the Land of Blood and Honey, which I think we’re about five weeks from releasing and I can’t wait for people to see that movie. She did an amazing job as a director, absolutely amazing. Maybe I’ll ask her to direct it (laughs). We did a screening of the movie in L.A., like a preview, and I didn’t tell anyone who directed it, then afterwards I asked the focus group who they think directed it, and they said Roman Polanski or Clint Eastwood, which is “wow.” But she’s that good, and the film is that good.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Tomb Raider Reboot
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 09:26:14 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=50540

TOMB RAIDER Reboot Script Now Completed; Inspired By RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES
Producer Graham King confirms that he has now received a completed script from Iron Man screenwriters Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby, and drops a few more hints about the inspiration and direction of the planned reboot.
In a role made famous by Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider and Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life, the iconic video game character is once again on her way back to the big screen and work is moving ahead quickly on the reboot according to producer Graham King. Talking to Digital Spy, he confirmed that he has received a script from Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby and the hunt for a director and actress to play Lara Croft is well underway. "We're going through [the script] creatively, bringing in directors to talk to and then I get that horrible job of sitting with 25-30 young girls that want to play Lara Croft," he revealed.

When quizzed on how they're approaching this new take on the character, he added: "For me it's re-inventing the wheel a bit, it's a reboot. We're going back before she was Lara Croft, so it's a much more emotional character piece. She's in search of her parents." And as for which blockbuster has served as inspiration for the movie, it's another franchise which this year was rebooted in the form of a prequel to much critical acclaim. "One of my favourite movies of this year was Rise of the Planet of the Apes and the way they rebooted that franchise. I thought it was fantastic and took a lot away from that for Tomb Raider."

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Tomb Raider Reboot
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 11:39:04 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=75171

New Details On The TOMB RAIDER Reboot; Will Sync Up With Video Game Remake

In a piece over at Variety about the new Tomb Raider video game, Darrell Gallagher (head of studio at Crystal Dynamics) has revealed new details about GK's upcoming big screen remake. The film will reportedly sync up with the latest instalment in the gaming franchise, focusing on a younger Lara Croft rather than the seasoned adventurer played by Angelina Jolie in the last two movies. "They are working from this new take that we’ve given them," he revealed. "It’s a good partnership. We’re seeing the challenges through the same lens. It was important for both of us to have a cohesive version of the franchise. We didn’t want to see a film version that was a continuation of the old Tomb Raider films." Iron Man scribes Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby are working on the screenplay, which producer Graham King has previously described as a "character piece" which will indeed focus on a younger version of the iconic character.