Author Topic: Staying on at 19 yo  (Read 7310 times)

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
Re: Staying on at 19 yo
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2011, 08:01:31 PM »
On phone cant quote everyone but your right im gonna do what im gonna do like i always done,Im gonna stay on so i should of made a thread titled staying on any at 19 any tips?or something like that

Ive done my research,i have the dedication,i have the funds,i know i have good structure,and i just got my hands legit hormones,and im not gonna be stupid about this

Sounds to me like you know the answer then bro.  Just remember, if you are going to be successful at ANYTHING in life, it is going to take major risk!  Whether it be a health risk, a financial risk, or other, there will be risk involved.  You also have to accept that you may do everything pefectly and still fail to achieve your goals!  When you can really grasp these concepts and understand what it really takes to seperate yourself from the pack, then you're on the right track.

SamsonD

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2011, 08:36:21 PM »
This thread is now worthless without pics for the Thunderdome...

NYmuscle

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2011, 05:51:25 AM »
listen, yes there are health risks to super high doses, but same time how many people eat fast food everyday? how many people eat like shit throughout the day, sugars, processed foods, pop all day long, hardly any water, rec drugs, booze 3-4 times a week and NOT only a few drinks, i mean I can name so many more things worse than steroids. I have been on for many years, get blood tests and not once have I had anything negative come back. When the doc asked me if Im worried about the sides, i was thinking here we go again lol but the sides she referred to were gyno, low sperm count, NOT HEART ATTACKS, STROKES, DEATH...not saying that cant happen, it can happen to the people not juicing BUT you need to monitor health 2-3 times a year, take some break where you at least cruise on low dose, use HCG throughout cycles, take few months off a year for blood test purposes. Like said above, listen to your body, know the warning signs that you can get from them. eat plenty of fruits, veggies, dont overboard on red meat, eat a good amount of omega 3's since those lack in our diets, oatmeal for cholesterol, just be healthy with your foods. Anyone here can say dont do it but we all know youre probably going to, its your own life but being big isnt worth not seeing your kids grow up, or experiencing the retired good life when its all said and done. Live smart and healthy

thanks man will do,Health first

Sounds to me like you know the answer then bro.  Just remember, if you are going to be successful at ANYTHING in life, it is going to take major risk!  Whether it be a health risk, a financial risk, or other, there will be risk involved.  You also have to accept that you may do everything pefectly and still fail to achieve your goals!  When you can really grasp these concepts and understand what it really takes to seperate yourself from the pack, then you're on the right track.

Thanks man im willing to take the risk and give all i got

This thread is now worthless without pics for the Thunderdome...

Here 2 pics before after,Ive been researching diet/training year but did not put it really into effect until this last year or so.My only REAL bulk was 6months,Ill repeat ive only really dedicated 6months to put on muscle all the other time i was losing fat over and over because i wasn't dedicated to my diet so all the time i did bulk were wasted because i got fat,Now its a different story

This is the thuderdome so im gonna tore apart either way not changing nothing i know that im dedicated now i can turn into a freak and pack on quality muscle

Before
Summer 2009
Weight: 225 lbs
Waist: 38"
http://i40.tinypic.com/23mto9l.jpg

After
Nov 12th 2011
Weight-187
Waist-32 1/2
http://i.imgur.com/VdXZX.jpg

chess315

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2011, 10:26:34 AM »
theres nothing wrong with that physique.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2011, 11:35:51 AM »
19 is an age where you are as old as you are young... get it?

Seriously though, if you need to post on an online forum looking for reassurance about a life decision, maybe you need to reconsider making that life decision.

Lastly, keep in mind, as with anything, the younger you start anything, generally the better.  Unfortunately in America we have this mentality of certain ages for doing certain things.  The mentality of living it up and partying from 18-25 is the same reason why most people don't have a solid career and a good bank account with savings by the time they're 30.  Also, most people 18-25 don't truly have it on the inside to dedicate themselves to something so diligently.

If you are serious about this... really serious... fuck what I'm saying and what anyone else here tells you.  Go do your own reading, research, and make your own decisions.  Don't be lazy about a single aspect of what you are about to do and go balls to the wall and do it.  It's your life bro.

Remember though, the way you feel and think about things will change quite a bit as the years go by.  Just think about when you were 14, did you want the same things now that you are 19?  When you're 25 you'll feel differently about things and when you're 30 you will feel differently. 

This is thr post of the year. Should be a Sticky. Absolutely nailed it from a wise POV.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2011, 11:39:41 AM »
For all you warriors who want to be huge but not compete, know this: you're giving up at least 20% of your max potential for development by skipping the rigors of a true contest prep.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2011, 12:01:49 PM »
For all you warriors who want to be huge but not compete, know this: you're giving up at least 20% of your max potential for development by skipping the rigors of a true contest prep.

Why do you say that?

nosleep

• Getbig IV
  • INJECT NOW. LAUGH LATER.
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2011, 12:22:34 PM »

WORD. YOU THINK CHRISTIAN BOEVING WENT ON A FORUM TO ASK IF HE SHOULD START TAKING STEROIDS SO HE CAN BE A FITNESS MODEL. BUNCH OF PEOPLE PREACHING ONE WAY....THAT WAY THAT DIDNT GET THEM THERE AND CERTAINLY WONT GET YOU THERE.

ALL THE BIG GUYS STARTED YOUNG AND USED BIG. THERES NO WAY AROUND IT. JUST MAKE SURE UR GEAR AND GH IS TOP QUALITY.

DONT ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT DOING IT, JUST ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW ITS GOING.

MEDICATED BY STRANGO

Swlabr

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2011, 12:57:17 PM »
Why do you say that?

Because the post-contest gains are immense, just look at Rearden's offseason thread.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2011, 01:31:33 PM »
Why do you say that?

Because the leaner you get, the more muscle you can gain without upending the balance between your bodys ability to store food as energy vs fat.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2011, 01:05:35 AM »
While I'm not crazy about someone this age supplementing to begin with I'm definitely not crazy about you staying on non-stop. To begin there's simply no need and you can guarantee you're going to cause some stress to your body. Even at an older age it can be stressful to the body but at this age it's just unwarranted.

All that said, do what you need to do but something else you said comes to mind. You said you were going to take a full year off to build and then compete again later on....I'm not a fan of this idea. A lot of guys take a full year off and have a year long off-season expecting to grow ridiculously and it almost never works like that. I don't care who you are, in that year you will inevitably hit a wall. The best time to grow, the absolute best time is after a diet. If you do a show, feel good and want to keep training, that can be OK. Personally I prefer a little time off and then to hit it hard. In either case you'll grow like crazy and the right way....meaning tissue, not fat.

Most guys who bulk for a year almost always gain extra fat and they almost never make the improvements they thought they were going to make.

The only time you should take a year off from competing is if you have an injury or if you simply need a break from the lifestyle for whatever reason. Obviously I'm talking about serious competitors.

NYmuscle

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2011, 08:41:35 AM »
Because the leaner you get, the more muscle you can gain without upending the balance between your bodys ability to store food as energy vs fat.

While I'm not crazy about someone this age supplementing to begin with I'm definitely not crazy about you staying on non-stop. To begin there's simply no need and you can guarantee you're going to cause some stress to your body. Even at an older age it can be stressful to the body but at this age it's just unwarranted.

All that said, do what you need to do but something else you said comes to mind. You said you were going to take a full year off to build and then compete again later on....I'm not a fan of this idea. A lot of guys take a full year off and have a year long off-season expecting to grow ridiculously and it almost never works like that. I don't care who you are, in that year you will inevitably hit a wall. The best time to grow, the absolute best time is after a diet. If you do a show, feel good and want to keep training, that can be OK. Personally I prefer a little time off and then to hit it hard. In either case you'll grow like crazy and the right way....meaning tissue, not fat.

Most guys who bulk for a year almost always gain extra fat and they almost never make the improvements they thought they were going to make.

The only time you should take a year off from competing is if you have an injury or if you simply need a break from the lifestyle for whatever reason. Obviously I'm talking about serious competitors.

Well i just finished competing last week were i was on as low as 1200 cals,I pigged out for 4 days then got back on my diet and this mon i just got back in the gym,So far my strength is low and im still holding water unfortunately i hold majority of my fat in my midsection so it sucks,How long is the window for these gains if there is a window?im cruising on prop rite now and im gonna be blasting with sust and deca in 2 weeks maybe an oral with it like anadrol

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2011, 09:33:56 AM »

informative post. I was once told the same thing by a NPC comeptitor on another board, that bulking should be short and powerful. High doses for short periods of time>moderate doses for long periods of time when it comes to bulking.
l

nosleep

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2011, 11:00:21 AM »
informative post. I was once told the same thing by a NPC comeptitor on another board, that bulking should be short and powerful. High doses for short periods of time>moderate doses for long periods of time when it comes to bulking.

WHAT CONSTITUTES SHORT PERIODS AND LONG PERIODS?
MEDICATED BY STRANGO

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2011, 11:28:17 AM »
u do grow insane after a prep,,, your at your peak time of getting injured too!!!

regarding young guys staying on,,, hit it hard if you want, do your all to win a top level comp as a jnr,, if after your efforts you dont win, keep it as a hobby.... play it safe and look after your self

im sure all the guys here whove competed will agree that you can tell who will rise to the top, they stand out a mile compared to everyone else and if your not delusional you know that altho you look good, you can never  be at same level...

it takes more then drug abuse, takes good structure and great genes too ( genes for muscle shape, response to gear etc ), atho half the board like to think otherwise

nosleep

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2011, 12:06:14 PM »

I AGREE...BUT IT WONT MEAN ME PERMABULKING.

ITD BE 16 WEEKS BULKING STAY BELOW 9% IDEALLY, 5 WEEKS MINI DIETING TO GET THE WATER OFF BACK AROUND 7.5-8%, 16 WEEKS BULKING STAY BELOW 10%, 15 WEEKS DIETING GETTING AT ABOUT 5 PERCENT. AND IN  BULK MODE I NEVER REALLY TRULY GET FAT, I DONT OVER EAT I DO MAKE MY BODY CRAVE MORE FOOD THOUGH.  :D

EVERY YEAR ILL KEEP UPPING THE DOSE. JUST WONDERING IF I SHOULD ADD GH IN OR WAIT A YEAR OR TWO...I KNOW ILL NEED IT FOR DIETING ONCE I GET BACK FROM INJURY CAUSE IM GETTING SMALLER BY THE WEEK....  :D
MEDICATED BY STRANGO

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2011, 03:16:52 PM »
WHAT CONSTITUTES SHORT PERIODS AND LONG PERIODS?

Short periods I mean 10-12 weeks bulking cycles in very high doses..compared to the typical 4-6 month offseason with moderate doses  that most do. It was Big Nick on OLM who talked about this guy is a monster Im sure you know who I'm talking about, he said you'll never get anywhere bulking for extended periods of time like that. Didn't make sense to me but who am I to argue with him.

Now I think he's right that I think about it, look at all the freaks who are in their early twenties carrying insane size at young ages like Kuclo. Steve did a ton of competitions, competing a couple times a year every year since he was a teen. would he be as big now if he had bulked the whole time and never stepped on stage? I think Rearden may have a point about wasting your potential by not competing. Still no way I would step on stage my family would disown me and all my friends would think I'm a gay. (no offense to any competitors ) ;)
l

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2011, 10:41:11 PM »

Well i just finished competing last week were i was on as low as 1200 cals,I pigged out for 4 days then got back on my diet and this mon i just got back in the gym,So far my strength is low and im still holding water unfortunately i hold majority of my fat in my midsection so it sucks,How long is the window for these gains if there is a window?im cruising on prop rite now and im gonna be blasting with sust and deca in 2 weeks maybe an oral with it like anadrol

1,200, that's low, real low...I actually feel sorry for you, lol!

Anyway, you may very well be holding some water, it's just going to happen after a contest diet. There's ways to control it to a degree but some water retention is just going to happen. I always tell most guys to keep their supplements the same the week or two after the show...meaning, if they were taking any fat burners like Clen or T3 to run them for 1-2wks after the show at a very low dose. Also, a diuretic the next couple days when you're having all your pig out meals doesn't hurt, even if it's an OTC form. And then of course there's different rules as it pertains to steroids themselves depending on the guy. Anyway, don't get too worried about your midsection right now, it is possible that you gained a couple pounds of fat if you really pigged out but there's no way on earth you gained a substantial amount, it's more than likely just water and bloat.

I don't know if there's a specific window. I do know your in the prime time for growth right now....you're at a point right now where you'll actually grow with or without steroids. Obviously more with steroids but it's always a good idea to take a break, besides, you'll easily make up any gains you didn't get during this rebound phase with your next full blown bulking cycle.

In the end you just have to listen to your body. If you're really beat down after a long hard diet you probably need more than a week off from training. I can tell you right off the bat it is very easy to beat yourself into the ground after a diet if you're not careful....a lot of guys really hurt their progress this way and it in many cases ends up making them hate bodybuilding.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2011, 05:37:42 AM »
u do grow insane after a prep,,, your at your peak time of getting injured too!!!

regarding young guys staying on,,, hit it hard if you want, do your all to win a top level comp as a jnr,, if after your efforts you dont win, keep it as a hobby.... play it safe and look after your self

im sure all the guys here whove competed will agree that you can tell who will rise to the top, they stand out a mile compared to everyone else and if your not delusional you know that altho you look good, you can never  be at same level...

it takes more then drug abuse, takes good structure and great genes too ( genes for muscle shape, response to gear etc ), atho half the board like to think otherwise

Palumbo

ChevChelios

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2011, 06:09:59 AM »
1200 kcal a day? :o But how could you get the proteins you need from only 1200 kcal?Very harsh at least...Everyone follows it's dream,so if you dream of being a pro and have the resources for it,go for it.Make sure though you have a good structure and base to begin with...
GETBIG!

Hiitsmichael

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2011, 08:53:05 AM »
Stay healthy and you'll be fine, but never lose sight of the fact that there is a chance you may never bring a child into this planet if you end up staying on, and that's something you will have to live with when you're old and grey and your physique has shrunk. There's a price on everything.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2011, 09:39:26 AM »
Stay healthy and you'll be fine, but never lose sight of the fact that there is a chance you may never bring a child into this planet if you end up staying on, and that's something you will have to live with when you're old and grey and your physique has shrunk. There's a price on everything.

thats not necessarily true,,, altho ive never stayed on longer than 6 month, ive used on and off since i was 20, im turning 31 in jan,,, got my gf preg in middle of a cycle couple of weeks after she stoppedf the pill

my mate turned 46 this year, abused the fuck out of gear sice he was 18, has 6 kids, with twins to new wife last year

you dont know if your sperm levels are low until you try, might be an idea for the young bucks to find this out before they start all the abuse....as youl never find a good woman who will want to stay in a childless relationship long term

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2011, 09:42:48 AM »
Palumbo

exactly.... and countless others along the same lines

by all means compete and have a bit fun with it,, but dont ruin your self for it when you know that there not a chance in hell youl ever even place in pro show or turn pro in the 1st place

notsureifsrs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2011, 12:51:20 PM »
thats not necessarily true,,, altho ive never stayed on longer than 6 month, ive used on and off since i was 20, im turning 31 in jan,,, got my gf preg in middle of a cycle couple of weeks after she stoppedf the pill

my mate turned 46 this year, abused the fuck out of gear sice he was 18, has 6 kids, with twins to new wife last year

you dont know if your sperm levels are low until you try, might be an idea for the young bucks to find this out before they start all the abuse....as youl never find a good woman who will want to stay in a childless relationship long term
for how long do you stay off ?

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2011, 08:26:51 PM »
I say fuck bulk 10 months out of the year. Whatever you do, DO NOT do any dieting between the ages of 17-22 your just wasting time to grow! Your body will put muscle on at that age faster than any other age it is crucial time!
l