Author Topic: Mitt Romney - F U ! ! !  (Read 2407 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Mitt Romney - F U ! ! !
« on: November 22, 2011, 06:22:03 AM »
Romney: "No, I just know it's the nature of politics. People trying to cast their opponent in a less than favorable light. And I know that health care is one of those issues. The Massachusetts healthcare plan. But don't forget, this healthcare plan was something we learned about from the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank. Even Newt Gingrich supported the idea of an individual mandate, insisting on personal responsibility. Now, what we did isn't perfect. Some parts of it worked, some didn't, some things I change. But it's not like it was a liberal idea. It was a conservative concept. I'm proud of the fact we did something that worked with our state consistent with the Tenth amendment. I'm also proud of the fact that I'm out there saying I'll get rid of ObamaCare. I know why it's bad. I know how it's different than what we did and why it needs to be taken off the books of the US -- of the entire nation."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/11/21/romney_health_care_individual_mandate_is_a_conservative_concept.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Mitt Romney - F U ! ! !
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 06:34:06 AM »
LOL At mitt, topping out at 22 to 25% in every poll... trying to tie that albatross of oromneycare to Newt :)

LOL harder at repubs who have to choose between this d-bag and the piggish lying lobbyist Newt, because they're too blind to look at Ron Paul, because daddy hannity tells them not to.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 06:36:10 AM »
LOL At mitt, topping out at 22 to 25% in every poll... trying to tie that albatross of oromneycare to Newt :)

LOL harder at repubs who have to choose between this d-bag and the piggish lying lobbyist Newt, because they're too blind to look at Ron Paul, because daddy hannity tells them not to.

Mitt Romney is obama-lite.

I can't believe how tone deaf and out of step he is. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 06:43:02 AM »
Too bad Mitt is going to be the candidate who gets the nod.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 06:47:11 AM »
Too bad Mitt is going to be the candidate who gets the nod.

agreed.  they'll hold their nose and vote for him in the primary because hannity and rush will 'settle' for Mittens.

Mitt has great ground infrastructure.  It's like the shitty race car driver who buys up all the pit teams to walk off the job during the race.

He can drive that nascar (no mobama) track at 35 mph while everyone boos, but everyone else will run out of gas (cash). 

Then, of course, you nascar voting fans will talk about how mitt is the greatest conservative since reagan :)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 08:47:30 AM »
Romney: "No, I just know it's the nature of politics. People trying to cast their opponent in a less than favorable light. And I know that health care is one of those issues. The Massachusetts healthcare plan. But don't forget, this healthcare plan was something we learned about from the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank. Even Newt Gingrich supported the idea of an individual mandate, insisting on personal responsibility. Now, what we did isn't perfect. Some parts of it worked, some didn't, some things I change. But it's not like it was a liberal idea. It was a conservative concept. I'm proud of the fact we did something that worked with our state consistent with the Tenth amendment. I'm also proud of the fact that I'm out there saying I'll get rid of ObamaCare. I know why it's bad. I know how it's different than what we did and why it needs to be taken off the books of the US -- of the entire nation."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/11/21/romney_health_care_individual_mandate_is_a_conservative_concept.html

LOL

333 - why are you mad a Mitt for telling the truth

Obamacare = Romneycare = Heritiage Foundation idea which was created and supported by Repubs as a response to Hillarycare

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 08:50:02 AM »
LOL

333 - why are you mad a Mitt for telling the truth

Obamacare = Romneycare = Heritiage Foundation idea which was created and supported by Repubs as a response to Hillarycare

I could care less where this crazy ass scam came from - its dead wrong.   

Mandate = slavery. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 08:53:41 AM »

I could care less where this crazy ass scam came from - its dead wrong.   

Mandate = slavery. 

why are you mad that Romney is telling you where the idea came from ?

If you think the mandate = slavery you have no idea what slavery is

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 08:56:17 AM »
why are you mad that Romney is telling you where the idea came from ?

If you think the mandate = slavery you have no idea what slavery is

He's not mad at Romney for telling him where the idea came from... He's mad at Romney (and others) for supporting the idea.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 08:57:36 AM »
He's not mad at Romney for telling him where the idea came from... He's mad at Romney (and others) for supporting the idea.

Romney and others (aka - Republican establishment) created the idea

and now he's mad at Romney for being honest about it?

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 08:58:43 AM »
Romney and others (aka - Republican establishment) created the idea

and now he mad at Romney for being honest about it?

You must be either stupid or blind. It's not about Romney being honest about who created the idea. It's about being mad at Romney (and the Republican establishment) for supporting the idea in the first place!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 09:00:03 AM »
You must be either stupid or blind. It's not about Romney being honest about who created the idea. It's about being mad at Romney (and the Republican establishment) for supporting the idea in the first place!

why wouldn't they support it?

It's THEIR IDEA

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 09:10:43 AM »

It's THEIR IDEA

The Republican grassroots isn't the same as the Republican establishment. The only reason why the Republican establishment triumphs is because they're seen as electable and the lesser of two evils in this center-right nation.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 09:17:33 AM »
The Republican grassroots isn't the same as the Republican establishment. The only reason why the Republican establishment triumphs is because they're seen as electable and the lesser of two evils in this center-right nation.

IMO - the Repubs would still be in favor of the mandate if only Obama hadn't adopted their idea

any time Obama gets on board with a Republican idea the Repubs are suddenly against it.

It's got nothing to do with whether it's a good or bad idea and only to do with opposing whatever Obama or the Dems are in favor of

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 09:18:35 AM »
Straw - the Taxpayers are now in hock to GM to the tune of about 26 Billion Dollars.   Lets say they are about to go under again - would you favor the govt compelling every american to by a corvette or a Tahoe to make GM viable again?  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 09:19:21 AM »

It's THEIR IDEA

Do you agree with every idea conjured up by Brookings inst?   

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 09:23:08 AM »
IMO - the Repubs would still be in favor of the mandate if only Obama hadn't adopted their idea

any time Obama gets on board with a Republican idea the Repubs are suddenly against it.

It's got nothing to do with whether it's a good or bad idea and only to do with opposing whatever Obama or the Dems are in favor of

Well your opinion is your opinion - but as a Republican myself, I know that I opposed the individual mandate BEFORE Obama. And I also know that this was one reason why Romney did not win the Republican nomination for the 2008 election (along with his flip flops on abortion and gun rights).

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 09:23:19 AM »
Do you agree with every idea conjured up by Brookings inst?   

I have no idea what they've conjured up

I do know that the Newt was in favor of the individual mandate before Romneycare even existed.

I do know that, at one time, both Newt and Romney were in favor of an individual mandate

I guess if they were in favor of something so simple and now are against it we can't really trust their judgement on other decisions either

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2011, 09:23:25 AM »

Oh Please.   I dont believe that the govt should be telling people what to do.   You, like the nanny stater you are - love the idea of the govt running your life.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2011, 09:24:52 AM »

I do know that the Newt was in favor of the individual mandate before Romneycare even existed.

I do know that, at one time, both Newt and Romney were in favor of an individual mandate

I guess if they were in favor of something so simple and now are against it we can't really trust their judgement on other decisions either

Hence why I am voting for Ron Paul 1 Bachmann 2. 

BTW - Obama flip flopped on the mandate as well. 

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2011, 09:25:46 AM »

And we agree with you!! That's why people such as 33 and myself oppose Newt and Romney!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2011, 09:26:21 AM »

Oh Please.   I dont believe that the govt should be telling people what to do.   You, like the nanny stater you are - love the idea of the govt running your life. 

The problem is all of these bullshit things.

No one is against the premise of insurance companies having to allow pre-existing conditions and no one would be against guaranteeing children having access to insurance, or people being on their parents insurance a little longer.

It's all the business mandates that the people are upset by.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2011, 09:27:59 AM »
The problem is all of these bullshit things.

No one is against the premise of insurance companies having to allow pre-existing conditions and no one would be against guaranteeing children having access to insurance, or people being on their parents insurance a little longer.

It's all the business mandates that the people are upset by.

When you compel someone to by something - without any cost control whatsoever - the prices will unvariably skyrocket like you have never seen. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2011, 09:28:09 AM »
Straw - the Taxpayers are now in hock to GM to the tune of about 26 Billion Dollars.   Lets say they are about to go under again - would you favor the govt compelling every american to by a corvette or a Tahoe to make GM viable again?  

horrible comparison

when someone doesn't have transportation am I required to pay for them to be moved from point A to point B

If someone without health insurance get's injured or sick I (and you and every other Repub, Dem, Independent, etc..) has to pay to cover them (our insurance premiums included a "premium" to cover uninsured people)

That's why Newton was so much in favor on individual responsibility

As I've said on this board MANY times before I'd be in favor of a one time "opt out" for all the die hards who "know" they don't need insurance but they NEVER get an oppoortuntyt to get back in

I would have no problem with that

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2011, 09:29:39 AM »
horrible comparison

when someone doesn't have transportation am I required to pay for them to be moved from point A to point B

If someone without health insurance get's injured or sick I (and you and every other Repub, Dem, Independent, etc..) has to pay to cover them (our insurance premiums included a "premium" to cover uninsured people)

That's why Newton was so much in favor on individual responsibility

As I've said on this board MANY times before I'd be in favor of a one time "opt out" for all the die hards who "know" they don't need insurance but they NEVER get an oppoortuntyt to get back in

I would have no problem with that

BS - we are all on the hook for GM losses so my analogy is perfect.   

BTW - should the Govt be able to mandate that people buy a certain amount of veges?