Author Topic: What is your degree in?  (Read 11716 times)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
Re: What is your degree in?
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2012, 08:19:26 AM »
Civil Engineering and MBA. I am also a registered Professional Engineer in 3 states.

Probably the best degree combo for a consulting engineer.

Money is decent and you can always find a job in a big City.

8)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2012, 08:10:51 PM »
That is a cool combination...nice job

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2012, 07:31:59 PM »
BS in Psych and BBA in Finance working as an analyst and going for my MBA with a concentration in Finance and have about a year left.

I will probably take courses in accounting to get the requirements to seat for the CPA exam.

After I finish up my MBA I will probaby teach a bit in the evenings and maybe on weekends. After I get my CPA I may teach both Accounting and Finance full time and work part time or start a small business to help supplement my income.

That is unless my earning potential is a decent amount over six figures(hopefully it will be) working in finance or accounting. If I can get around 80k teaching and working part time or running a small business I definitely think that will be the way I want to go.

I looked into a Phd but I dont think I could stomach another 4 or 5 years of school while working.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2012, 10:41:19 PM »
BS in Psych and BBA in Finance working as an analyst and going for my MBA with a concentration in Finance and have about a year left.

I will probably take courses in accounting to get the requirements to seat for the CPA exam.

After I finish up my MBA I will probaby teach a bit in the evenings and maybe on weekends. After I get my CPA I may teach both Accounting and Finance full time and work part time or start a small business to help supplement my income.

That is unless my earning potential is a decent amount over six figures(hopefully it will be) working in finance or accounting. If I can get around 80k teaching and working part time or running a small business I definitely think that will be the way I want to go.

I looked into a Phd but I dont think I could stomach another 4 or 5 years of school while working.

good job

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2012, 02:43:33 PM »
Sports Science and Social Psychology.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2012, 10:06:34 PM »
lot of psych dudes in here