Author Topic: The Getbig China photos thread.  (Read 50074 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: The Getbig China photos thread.
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2011, 03:18:05 AM »
Talking to you fools.

Amazing, you've found a working proxy server to enter getbig  :o

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2011, 03:24:24 AM »
Interesting but the place looks like a shithole, also what on earth was that gay knife fighting

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2011, 03:35:35 AM »
only fucked up thing living there is that all the women are chinese, not exactly attracting.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2011, 04:00:58 AM »
I don't make very much, only about 1800 US per month, but the cost of living is a lot lower.

I have a BA and a TEFL cert that I got online.

Really you just need the BA, if you want to teach legally (valid work visa).

Even if you don't have that, you can get paid under the table, but there is always risk in that.

Can you suggest a good site to get the TEFL certificate? 

Nice pics and very interesting.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2011, 04:10:28 AM »
Can you suggest a good site to get the TEFL certificate? 

Nice pics and very interesting.
Shit, man. I really can't remember. I did that course in 2007 and it seems like a lifetime ago.

Don't worry too much about that. If you're seriously interested just google it a bit or try to find out a way just to fake it, especially if you're willing to teach kindergarten.

Mostly, it's if you have a white face and are a native English speaker. It's all a bunch of crap, besides that, to be honest.

G

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2011, 04:14:00 AM »
How long does it take to get a work visa, and once you have a work visa is it easy to transfer to other companies or other types of work?
I presume the ESL company who you work for sponsored your visa??

Also whats the food shopping like there, I've read that china has a lot of problems with counterfeit food and contamination.
The work visa can be obtained before you even come here. You can interview on Skype and get offered a job. I'm not sure if you're American, but if you are, you need to apply for the visa before you leave the States. Other countries are a little different.

Otherwise, you can come on a tourist visa and, once hired, the company applies for the work visa for you.

In China, the work visa is obtained through a Chinese employer. Once they get you a visa, however, you will be under contract for that company (usually a year at a time). You may be able to moonlight, but they probably will want you to be working for them.
G

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2011, 04:16:50 AM »
Be carefull there,bro ;)
anything happens not as you think!

Wow, that is crazy! I can't imagine something so illegal happening here.

There are so many police walking around with billy clubs.

I feel a lot safer in China than I do in major American cities. Not saying that doesn't have its drawbacks for the Chinese people (a police state) but I just never see any violence at all.
G

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2011, 04:18:10 AM »
Garebear, tell us about the food - eat anything interesting? I love Chinese food :P

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2011, 04:19:55 AM »
Amazing, you've found a working proxy server to enter getbig  :o
I can get this site on the regular net but I need the proxy server to see your youtube links.

Some Chinese guy at work gave it to me. I'm terrible with computers but he just put something on a thumb drive and I click on it.

By the way, everyone in China knows that their government censors everything. They are not in the dark about it. Many people have proxy servers, although it's not talked about.
G

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2011, 04:21:14 AM »
Be carefull there,bro ;)
anything happens not as you think!

lol what the fuck.. and police does nothing? wierdos...

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2011, 04:25:50 AM »
Garebear, tell us about the food - eat anything interesting? I love Chinese food :P
I'm not the biggest fan of Chinese food but I've tried quite a bit. Mostly, I just eat noodles and some rice dishes. I buy most of my food at the grocery store and make it at home.  There is plenty of Western food at both restaurants and grocery stores. Tons of McD's, KFC and Pizza Huts everywhere I go. Some Subway. Never seen a Taco Bell here.

Most Chinese dishes leave the head of the animal on the food, so that's a little different. Also, the Chinese do eat dog. They are aware that Westerners look down on it (although I don't personally) so it's a bit difficult to snap a pic of. However, I have seen numerous restaurants where a dog is hanging from a hook in its mouth and the lower half of the body has been sold for food.

I'll try getting one anyway. Just gonna have to be sly.
G

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2011, 04:58:21 AM »
I'm not the biggest fan of Chinese food but I've tried quite a bit. Mostly, I just eat noodles and some rice dishes. I buy most of my food at the grocery store and make it at home.  There is plenty of Western food at both restaurants and grocery stores. Tons of McD's, KFC and Pizza Huts everywhere I go. Some Subway. Never seen a Taco Bell here.

Most Chinese dishes leave the head of the animal on the food, so that's a little different. Also, the Chinese do eat dog. They are aware that Westerners look down on it (although I don't personally) so it's a bit difficult to snap a pic of. However, I have seen numerous restaurants where a dog is hanging from a hook in its mouth and the lower half of the body has been sold for food.

Are there a lot of restaurants serving other kinds of ethnic food like Indian, Japanese, Lebanese and what not? I couldn't eat Chinese all the time either. Do you have cable TV?

And lets pray gh15 doesn't see your post about dogs getting eaten or he'll shut down the whole mainland ;D

MikMaq

« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2011, 05:10:06 AM »
I don't make very much, only about 1800 US per month, but the cost of living is a lot lower.

I have a BA and a TEFL cert that I got online.

Really you just need the BA, if you want to teach legally (valid work visa).

Even if you don't have that, you can get paid under the table, but there is always risk in that.

1800 a month is pretty dam good christ that's more than most getbiggers make, and I'm sure things gotta be pretty dam cheap and easy over there.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2011, 05:16:07 AM »
Shit, man. I really can't remember. I did that course in 2007 and it seems like a lifetime ago.

Don't worry too much about that. If you're seriously interested just google it a bit or try to find out a way just to fake it, especially if you're willing to teach kindergarten.

Mostly, it's if you have a white face and are a native English speaker. It's all a bunch of crap, besides that, to be honest.

Thanks, my friend just returned from teaching in south america, I would like to teach abroad someday as well. I'll just google a TEFL or check with my friend. I already have the white face and a BS degree.

UGMT

• Getbig II
  • Fortune favors the bold...
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2011, 05:18:52 AM »
cool pics. it's always interesting to get a candid look at these places we constantly hear so much about. post more!

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2011, 05:20:00 AM »
So are there gyms over there or do you not work out?  :-\

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2011, 05:30:37 AM »
I read USA are going to cencour their internet aswell. sucks for you guys.  :P

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2011, 05:35:34 AM »
asia is growing cause they are against the illuminati

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2011, 05:41:58 AM »
I'm not the biggest fan of Chinese food but I've tried quite a bit. Mostly, I just eat noodles and some rice dishes. I buy most of my food at the grocery store and make it at home.  There is plenty of Western food at both restaurants and grocery stores. Tons of McD's, KFC and Pizza Huts everywhere I go. Some Subway. Never seen a Taco Bell here.

Here is a picture I took in China:

MikMaq

« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2011, 05:43:54 AM »
asia is growing cause they are against the illuminati
Ironic consider they function pretty openly as an illuminati.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2011, 05:48:13 AM »
don't know why...
but you always can see it .
And : almost everyone is fake,except fakers.

HAHAHAH

Can't believe this shit. At your age you are bitter like 10 yo girl at her friends bd-party  ??? ??? :-\

Accept it.

China is da player at your hood and could sink your island in a minute if chosen. Goddamnit, I don't like being rude but your attitude is annoying and disrespectful.
You are like yankee;  you think your miserable small country is something and better than everyone else (except that USA is big player in real life where as your country is a miserable island in backyard of China.

Sorry. Meltdown over, keep goin'   :)

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2011, 05:50:24 AM »
Any pics of your girlfriend's ass?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2011, 05:51:37 AM »
Why would it be any more inhumane/cruel/whatever to eat a dog than a pig? Just because we use them as pets?

I read that pigs are actually more intelligent than dogs.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2011, 05:53:39 AM »
Gooks and Gookland suk, robot minds robot ways, POS's.
K

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2011, 06:01:02 AM »
Ironic consider they function pretty openly as an illuminati.

yeah but they dont serve lucifer