Author Topic: Jurassic Park 4  (Read 10335 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Jurassic Park 4
« on: November 24, 2011, 11:37:11 PM »
I watched The Pacific and did not once think: "This kid looks familiar."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=50277

Joseph Mazzello On Playing Mouse in G.I. Joe 2 and Returning for Jurassic Park 4
The actor that played Tim Murphy in Jurassic Park and made a cameo in The Lost World revealed his desire to see a grown up Tim in the possible fourth film.

Joseph Mazzello recently revealed new details about his Mouse character in G.I. Joe: Retaliation to the Dutch website filmtotaal. As best as I can translate it, he said, "It's something completely different, but I have a lot of fun filming my scenes. I play Mouse, a new Joe with his gun firing bullets and controlling them with a joystick in certain directions can be sent." That is the best I could do with Google translate. But, from what I've also read, basically Mouse will be a brash young Joe who brings technology to the battle.

What follows is an excerpt from Joe's interview with heyuguys.co.uk

And you’re currently shooting G.I. Joe 2?

I am. I’m on hiatus from that at the moment. It’s going great. [Director] Jon Chu is fantastic and we actually went to school together and he texted me one day with a ‘Hey, I have a role for you in my movie, do you wanna do it?’ I told him that for him I’d do craft services… and that was how it happened. I’m loving it – Dwanye Johnson is fantastic. I think you could crush me with his pinky… but he wouldn’t – he’s the nicest, most gentle guy. Channing Tatum is so much fun. We’ve had a blast on set and going out at night experiencing New Orleans the way it’s supposed to be done.

So, Jurassic Park 4… There are rumblings and rumours. Have you been contacted, and would you be interested?

I know they are writing it and it’s been developed right now. The last time I saw Steven was at the Emmys and I put the bug in his ear, I have no shame in that! I said, ‘Hey, let me know when you’re doing Jurassic Park 4, ok?’ If it came around and I was a part of it that would be an absolute thrill. I think it would be a great idea to have Tim grown up and see how that would affect things. We’ll see, you never know. If it happens it’ll be the greatest thrill of my life.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Jurassic Park 4
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 12:41:55 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=50706

Producer Kathleen Kennedy on JURASSIC PARK 4 And TINTIN Sequel
With rumors going around that a fourth Jurassic Park movie is in the works, producer Kathleen Kennedy confirms that they are talking about it, as well as saying that a Tintin sequel will definitely happen. Check it out...

Talking to Collider about number of topics, producer Kathleen Kennedy was asked about the fourth Jurassic Park film, the 3D re-release of the first Jurassic Park and if the Tintin sequel is moving forward, to which she said that they are looking at Christmas 2014 or summer 2015 release date.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 12:54:20 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=68981

Clever Girl! The Making Of The Raptor Suit For JURASSIC PARK

I can't tell you how many times I've watched that scene in the kitchen where John Hammond’s (Richard Attenborough) grandchildren, Alexa (Ariana Richards) and her brother Tim (Joseph Mazzello) are hiding, but I can tell you at no time, ever, did I stop and think that I was watching a man in a dinosaur suit. And that my friends is the magic of Stan Winston Studio.

The main suit performer was John Rosengrant, and concept artist Mark “Crash” McCreery filled in on another suit when a shot required two Raptors. The suit was created by making a body cast of Rosengrant, and then the dinosaur's form was sculpted around that.

For Rosengrant, this was his first major role, he poured everything he could into. He learned to imitate the Raptor's movements by looking at illustrations, and worked with a physical trainer prior to shooting knowing that he would have to be able to hold an uncomfortable position for hours on end. The position, that was a skiing pose, and at times during filming he had to hold it for four hours.

Stan Winston Studio created multiple raptors for JURASSIC PARK, including full-size cable-controlled puppets, half-puppets, insert legs and men-in-suits.

This exclusive "Making of" video, narrated by raptor suit performer, 25-year SWS supervisor & co-founder of Legacy Effects, John Rosengrant, walks you through the evolution of JURASSIC PARK's raptor suits, from first foam fabricated "garbage bag test" to the finished suits that you see in the final film.

John Rosengrant - “All of their work can be for nothing if you can’t bring that character to life inside the suit. In the past, there have been times when a character we put a lot of care into was not as good as it could have been because the performance just wasn’t there. That’s why people who do this work are so often driven to perform in the suits themselves. It is a way to maintain some level of control over what you’ve created. Being in those suits is so difficult, is such a pain in the ass, you have to be really motivated to do it. You have to have a vested interest in the character; and no one has more of a vested interest than the people who created it. Performers who aren’t that motivated are going to get fed up with the physical discomfort and the heat and the inability to breathe. They’re likely to say: ‘Get me out of this stupid thing. It’s not working.’ Of course, it could work — you just have to have someone in there who has a higher commitment to making it work.”

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 09:39:52 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=72533

JURASSIC PARK IV Gets A 2014 Release Date!

2014 is already a big year for movies, and we just entered 2013. Godzilla, Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes, Transformers 4, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, The Hobbit: There And Back Again and many other big budget films are all set for a summer release that year. Now, we can add another movie to the list: Jurassic Park IV. Universal Pictures has announced that the fourth installment in the popular dinosaur franchise will arrive in theaters June 13th, 2014. While he isn't planning to direct, Steven Spielberg (who helmed the first two installments) is on board as producer. The film will be shot in 3D, which isn't surprising since the original Jurassic Park will be re-released in 3D on April 5th. Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes scribes Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver wrote the most recent draft of the script, and turned it in this week. A director is currently not attached to Jurassic Park IV, but it has been speculated that, since Robopocalypse has recently been delayed, Spielberg could very well return to the director's chair (Despite saying that he will only produce).

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 05:07:01 PM »
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment/20130314/US-JURASSICPARK4/

Universal picks newcomer Trevorrow to direct "Jurassic Park 4"

LOS ANGELES — Hollywood newcomer Colin Trevorrow was named the director of the long-awaited fourth installment of dinosaur movie franchise "Jurassic Park" on Thursday.

Universal Pictures said that Steven Spielberg, who directed the first two movies in the $1.9 billion worldwide franchise, would be the executive producer of "Jurassic Park 4," but he would not direct.

Trevorrow, 36, is little known in Hollywood. He made his feature film directorial debut with the independent time travel comedy "Safety Not Guaranteed," shown at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival, and has made a TV movie and documentary.

Universal said "Jurassic Park 4" would be made in 3D and was scheduled for release on June 13, 2014.

Spielberg announced in 2011 that a fourth film was in development, and speculation had been rife about whether he would direct it.

"Jurassic Park III," directed by Joe Johnston, was released 12 years ago, but its $368 million worldwide box-office take was well below that of the first two films.

The original "Jurassic Park," first released in 1993, will return to U.S. movie theaters in April in a 3D conversion.

Universal, a unit of Comcast Corp, gave no details of casting or the plot for "Jurassic Park 4."

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 10:04:30 PM »
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38715

Jurassic World Roars In For 2015
Jurassic Park IV gets a title and release date

Though we all worried when the fourth Jurassic Park film struck a delay and Universal announced it wouldn’t make its planned 2014 release, everyone began to breathe easier when a banner announced a 2015 date. Now we know the exact release date – June 12, 2015, in the US at least – and what it will be called. Welcome, then, to Jurassic World.

What that title means is anyone’s guess right now – at least outside of the core filmmaking group of director Colin Trevorrow, co-writer Derek Connolly, producer Frank Marshall and Jurassic Park warden/executive producer Steven Spielberg – but it points to a wider scope this time around. Does that title mean that the dinosaurs get loose on a wide scale? Will we see pterodactyls in the skies over Europe? On the other hand, maybe it just means that this time the park is bigger, in the same way that Disney World is bigger than Disneyland.

Trevorrow and Connolly have been working on the script, which has seen work from Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes’ Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver, but they needed more time to develop it before shooting can begin.

There’s no exact date for the start of shooting yet, but everyone involved is working full tilt now, especially since they have to have this behemoth ready for 2015 in 3D... Start your guesses now as to exactly what Jurassic World will involve!

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 11:25:11 PM »
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=41275

Chris Pratt And Bryce Dallas Howard Feature In New Images From Jurassic World