Author Topic: alexander the great vs atilla the hun  (Read 5153 times)

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
alexander the great vs atilla the hun
« on: November 25, 2011, 03:01:03 AM »
 ;D

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: alexander the great vs atilla the hun
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 03:51:48 AM »
I liked the show "Deadliest Warrior" when they pitted army vs. army, or a specific class of soldier etc.... Now, they compare individuals like they would have a clue on how it would turn out  ::)

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 04:05:07 AM »

You'd think the Trojans would have won, so they could get back to their hot women.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 05:31:27 AM »
I liked the show "Deadliest Warrior" when they pitted army vs. army, or a specific class of soldier etc.... Now, they compare individuals like they would have a clue on how it would turn out  ::)
They are always making stupid mistakes on historical events, man did they piss me off when they had some no name general defeat the great Sun Tzu

MikMaq

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 05:46:58 AM »
The show is total bullshit, it's like comparing how a NFL star versus some soccer fag would do in a fight. They only take into account the weapons they use. The difference in field tactics, and the size of each army is fucking huge.

A roman soldier couldn't fight one on one with a celt to save his life, yet in formation the romans were unstoppable.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 05:49:20 AM »
The show is total bullshit, it's like comparing how a NFL star versus some soccer fag would do in a fight. They only take into account the weapons they use. The difference in field tactics, and the size of each army is fucking huge.

A roman soldier couldn't fight one on one with a celt to save his life, yet in formation the romans were unstoppable.
Exactly

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 06:03:00 AM »
also mongols losing to apache? the mongols are related to the turks so they can't lose!  ;D

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 10:22:07 AM »

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 11:31:39 AM »
They only take into account the weapons they use.

Exactly. Extremely weak premise.

And I hate the whole, like, Mafia vs. Yakuza, horseshit. What the fuck.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 11:33:16 AM »
also mongols losing to apache? the mongols are related to the turks so they can't lose!  ;D

It's not everyday you see people proud of being related to mongols.

But then again you're a turk, so this makes sense.

MikMaq

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 11:42:58 AM »
Exactly. Extremely weak premise.

And I hate the whole, like, Mafia vs. Yakuza, horseshit. What the fuck.
Extremely agreed, comparing the weapons of these guys is like comparing the pitching speed of the MLB with the NFL, not remotely simliar.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2011, 12:39:16 PM »

It all depends.  An elite Roman Centurion could probably rape your average Celt one on one.  Would the Roman use his spear, or would he use his short range Gladius against the Celt's longsword.  It all depends.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2011, 01:31:46 PM »
It all depends.  An elite Roman Centurion could probably rape your average Celt one on one.  Would the Roman use his spear, or would he use his short range Gladius against the Celt's longsword.  It all depends.
either of them are no match for an Assyrian Shaknu of the 7th century BC ;D

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2011, 02:06:04 PM »
Turks? Mongols are related to chinese...

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2011, 05:24:38 PM »
 what ancient civilizations were/are your favorites?  I like the Greeks and the Romans.  Amazing cultures that we learned alot from.  Just look at some of our capital buildings for example.

chess315

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2011, 05:39:08 PM »
I think alexander would get his ass kicked in a street fight against atilla the hun

Jizzacked

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2011, 06:02:43 PM »
deadliest warrior is gay as fuck.  my and my bros would sometimes put it on just to laugh at the ridiculous fanboys they recruit as reps for each opponent. 

Ironraider

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2011, 07:56:47 PM »
The greatest warrior of all time...that would kick the shit out of Attila or Alexander, would be no other than.....Mongo

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2011, 11:56:26 PM »
what ancient civilizations were/are your favorites?  I like the Greeks and the Romans.  Amazing cultures that we learned a lot from.  Just look at some of our capital buildings for example.
I like the Assyrians and this is why...

The king would have several kids with his wives from his native land ,impregnant them at the same time, then have some more kids with his concubines, woman that aren't born in his native land also at the same time, then when all were born maybe 15-18 or so would all be roughly the same age, he would then separate the boys from the girls. The boys would then get brought up in their mother's home not knowing that they are the sons of the king,. Once they turn nine the sons of the concubines would get their egg rolls cut off so they can't get an erection, they then would be placed in the temples to form a life of a priest for their country.

Now the boys that where born of the wives of the king's native blood would then be turn over to the military for training, 1 meal upon waking up to the most intense military training known to man, then 1 more meal before bed. At age 15 they would then get thrown in the front lines so that most die purposely, for example 6-8 boys would be thrown to the fronts. The goal is to have only 3 candidates for to succeed the king as heir to the thrown, in the case that 4-5 are left alive after their first battle then a year later they will be thrown out again so that only 3 are left, in the case that all die, well there is another wave of boys almost about to reach the age of nine to start the process all over. If 3 remain and goal is set the next wave of boy are disregarded and will never know they where even related to the king and we all know what happens if the mother decides to open her mouth.

This is a full proof way of keeping the heir to thrown tuff as nails so they never get a leader that ends up being a sissy

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2011, 12:36:54 AM »

Summed up perfectly

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2011, 02:01:27 AM »

What makes you say that?

The Roman legionary was a professional soldier who trained every single day. For the majority of its existence its troops were not conscripts and they had to pass a physical examination and be a minimum height before starting training.

They would train with with wooden weapons and shields double the normal weight and practice against wooden dummies and also spar with each other. With shields and without.

They would also practice sprinting in full body armour, cross rivers in full armour, do long jump in full armour and jump across ditches.

They also ate extremely well for the time on a staple diet of polenta and meat. So they had a high carb diet with a bit of protein as well.

They also had access to experienced trainers and trained in knowledge gained from previous wars and also gladiator sword masters as gladiator fighting was basically their national sport.

Plus they had excellent armour in comparison to the Celts or any barbarians who fought half naked.

They also had good doctors who could were only held back by lack of medication to prevent infection, even though though they could perform advanced surgery for injuries. They even had physiotherapists for injuries.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2011, 02:41:41 AM »
What makes you say that?

Ever read about the Roman formations? Those were legendary, yes in formation they were quite unstoppable.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2011, 03:21:24 AM »

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2011, 04:18:55 AM »
Ever read about the Roman formations? Those were legendary, yes in formation they were quite unstoppable.
Yes, but they were also excellent fighters individually.

Unlike the barbarians they were full-time professional soldiers who trained every day and ate a healthy diet.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2011, 04:30:26 AM »
Yes, but they were also excellent fighters individually.

They would not stand a chance one-on-one against a Celt, being that a roman was tiny in comparison (5'0" to 5'2") while the Celt was a muscular savage beast with the woad improving his ferocity in battle.