Author Topic: review for 80" Flat Screen at Best Buy  (Read 7325 times)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Re: review for 80" Flat Screen at Best Buy
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2011, 04:44:09 PM »
Hhahaha all this hardware is designed to die after a predermined time of use...

You really seem to take pleasure in telling us shit anyone here with half a brain already knows.... "planned obsolescence" isn't exactly a new concept, and you know that going in.

I can say this..the TV I just got rid of, a Sony 52" XBR4 ....ran without a hitch for 4 years and was working perfectly when I sold it to defer the cost of the new one. if you look at any big ticket entertainment item as an investment, you're an idiot...it's an expense, chalk it up to "standard of living". I like mine high  8)

Now cars..that's a different story. you won't catch me dead rolling off a showroom floor in a new car, can't justify the ass-pounding you take as soon as they hand you the keys.  I'm lucky though...I have a GOOD friend who owns multiple car lots in AZ and I get late-model cars for peanuts. I also buy cars for him as a side venture that is working out quite nicely

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2011, 05:03:11 PM »
You really seem to take pleasure in telling us shit anyone here with half a brain already knows.... "planned obsolescence" isn't exactly a new concept, and you know that going in.

I can say this..the TV I just got rid of, a Sony 52" XBR4 ....ran without a hitch for 4 years and was working perfectly when I sold it to defer the cost of the new one. if you look at any big ticket entertainment item as an investment, you're an idiot...it's an expense, chalk it up to "standard of living". I like mine high  8)

Now cars..that's a different story. you won't catch me dead rolling off a showroom floor in a new car, can't justify the ass-pounding you take as soon as they hand you the keys.  I'm lucky though...I have a GOOD friend who owns multiple car lots in AZ and I get late-model cars for peanuts. I also buy cars for him as a side venture that is working out quite nicely

::)

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2011, 05:07:59 PM »
I have a 90in tv however the problem is that i have to sit three streets away to get all the screen in my vision.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2011, 05:13:13 PM »
hey uberman, whats your opinion of guys who buys 50+ inch tvs and also use steroids to gain muscle?

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2011, 05:14:29 PM »
::)

That's a good post and he's spot on about investment vs expense. Why the eye roll?

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2011, 05:58:24 PM »
I heard that Plasmas don't last long and that they begin to degrade after a period of time

I have an LED TV and am happy with it. I was talking to some Geek Squad guys though and they said they all had Plasmas. I'm not real versed on all the ins and outs, but he basically said they had a better picture quality and the problems they had years ago are gone.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2011, 06:52:25 PM »
If you want a great TV get this- I just bought the 55 inch Sony XBR series Bravia. This bitch is the bomb. The pic looks so real it is crazy.