Author Topic: Newt: Drug Test Americans Before They Get ‘Any Kind Of Federal Aid’  (Read 2051 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
GOP: Keep the govt out of my personal business.

Unless it comes to marriage, my body, my phone calls or emails, etc...

(MOODY: ) Speaking of Ron Paul, at the last debate, he said that the war on drugs has been an utter failure. We’ve spent billions of dollars since President Nixon and we still have rising levels of drug use. Should we continue down the same path given the amount of money we’ve spent? How can we reform our approach?

(GINGRICH: ) I think that we need to consider taking more explicit steps to make it expensive to be a drug user. It could be through testing before you get any kind of federal aid. Unemployment compensation, food stamps, you name it.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Newt: Drug Test Americans Before They Get ‘Any Kind Of Federal Aid’
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 05:34:34 PM »

(MOODY: ) Speaking of Ron Paul, at the last debate, he said that the war on drugs has been an utter failure. We’ve spent billions of dollars since President Nixon and we still have rising levels of drug use. Should we continue down the same path given the amount of money we’ve spent? How can we reform our approach?

(GINGRICH: ) I think that we need to consider taking more explicit steps to make it expensive to be a drug user. It could be through testing before you get any kind of federal aid. Unemployment compensation, food stamps, you name it.

What are you talking about?

When Uncle Sam is helping you pay your bills or feed you, it becomes their business. You're asking them for money; therefore, they should have some say in the deal.

Private employers drug-test their employees, as do federal ones. Why should food stamps or unemployment be any different? Uncle Sam shouldn't be subsidizing your being a crackhead.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 05:38:57 PM »

When Uncle Sam is helping you pay your bills or feed you, it becomes their business. You're asking them for money; therefore, they should have some say in the deal.

Private employers drug-test their employees, as do federal ones. Why should food stamps or unemployment be any different? Uncle Sam shouldn't be subsidizing your being a crackhead.

GOp can't have it both ways.

Either we live in a society where govt provides and have rigid controls, or we live in a country where the govt doesn't provide and lets us have our freedoms.

Newt wants all of the control, with none of the benefits.  Can't happen.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 06:19:19 PM »

Either we live in a society where govt provides and have rigid controls, or we live in a country where the govt doesn't provide and lets us have our freedoms.

Newt wants all of the control, with none of the benefits.  Can't happen.

End the welfare state. Problem solved.

Just think, with people being forced to rely on themselves again you could charge $50/hour for lessons on trapping 'coons and how to properly clean fresh 'kill you find on the side of that there dirt road.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 06:32:47 PM »
End the welfare state. Problem solved.

Just think, with people being forced to rely on themselves again you could charge $50/hour for lessons on trapping 'coons and how to properly clean fresh 'kill you find on the side of that there dirt road.

i'm agreeing with you on ending that welfare state.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 10:22:05 PM »
Don't see a problem with this at all. You want money from the government, you gotta play by their rules. It would save taxpayer money AND it would prevent people from feeding their drug habits.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 05:53:11 AM »
Recall that Newt worked on the Rockefeller presidential campaign in 1968 while a graduate student. With that background, we should at least look at some of his record (excerpted from a Free Republic post):

04/02/1987 – He cosponsored the 1987 Fairness Doctrine (anti 1st Amendment legislation)
 10/22/1991 – He voted for an amendment that would create a National Police Corps.
 03/––/1993 – He was “passionately in favor” of sending $1.6 Billion in foreign aid to Russia.
 11/19/1993 – He voted for the NAFTA Implementation Act.
 11/27/1994 – He supported the GATT Treaty giving sovereignty to the U.N.
 08/27/1995 – He suggests that drug smuggling should carry a death sentence.
 01/06/1996 – He himself conceived a secret CIA mission to topple the Iranian leadership.

04/25/1996 – Voted for the single largest increase on Federal education spending ($3.5 Billion)
 04/10/1995 – He supported Federal tax dollars being spent on abortions.
 06/––/1995 – He wrote the foreword to a book about tearing down the U.S. Constitution and implementing a Fascist World Government.
 06/01/1996 – He helped a Democrat switch parties in an attempt to defeat constitutionalist Ron Paul in the 1996 election.
 09/25/1996 – Introduced H.R. 4170, demanded life-sentence or execution for someone bringing 2 ounces of marijuana across the border.
 01/22/1997 – Congress gave him a record-setting $300,000 fine for ethical wrongdoing.
 11/29/2006 – He said that free speech should be curtailed in order to fight terrorism. Wants to stop terrorists from using the internet. Called for a “serious debate about the 1st Amendment.”
 11/29/2006 – He called for a “Geneva Convention for terrorists” so it would be clear who the Constitution need not apply to.
 02/15/2007 – He supported Bush’s proposal for mandatory carbon caps.
 04/04/2007 – He says that there should be a clear distinction about what weapons should be reserved for only for the military.
 04/17/2008 – Made a commercial with Nancy Pelosi on Climate Change.
 09/28/2008 – Says if he were in office, he would have reluctantly voted for the $700B TARP bailout.
 10/01/2008 – Says in an article that TARP was a “workout, not a bailout.”
 12/08/2008 – He was paid $300,000 by Freddie Mac to halt Congress from bringing necessary reform.
 03/31/2009 – Says we should have Singapore-style drug tests for Americans.
 10/16/2009 – He angered conservatives by endorsing super liberal Dede Scozzafava.
 07/30/2010 – Says that Iraq was just step one in defeating the “Axis of Evil”.
 08/03/2010 – Advocates attacks on Iran & North Korea.
 11/15/2010 – He defended Romneycare; blamed liberals
 12/02/2010 – He advocates a pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens.
 12/05/2010 – He said that a website owner should be considered an enemy combatant, hunted down and executed, for publishing leaked government memos.
 01/30/2011 – He lobbied for ethanol subsidies.
 01/30/2011 – He suggested that flex-fuel vehicles be mandated for Americans.
 02/02/2011 – He says we are “losing the War on Terror”; the conflict will be as long as the Cold War
 02/10/2011 – He wants to replace the EPA instead of abolishing it.
 02/13/2011 – He criticized Obama for sending less U.S. taxdollars to Egypt.
 02/15/2011 – His book said that he believes man-made climate-change and advocated creating “a new endowment for conservation and the environment.”
 03/09/2011 – He blames his infidelity to multiple wives on his passion for the country.
 03/15/2011 – Says that NAFTA worked because it created jobs in Mexico.
 03/19/2011 – He has no regrets about supporting Medicare drug coverage. (Now $7.2T unfunded liability)
 03/23/2011 – He completely flip-flopped on Libyan intervention in 16 days.
 04/25/2011 – He’s a paid lobbyist for Federal ethanol subsidies.
 05/11/2011 – His campaign video said that he wants to “find solutions together, and insist on imposing those solutions on those who do not want to change.”
 05/12/2011 – He was more supportive of individual health-care mandates than Mitt Romney.
 05/15/2011 – Said GOP’s plan to cut back Medicare was “too big a jump.”
 05/15/2011 – He backed Obama’s individual mandate; “All of us have a responsibility to help pay for health care.”
 05/16/2011 – He also endorsed individual mandates in 1993 when Clinton pushed Universal Health Care.
 06/09/2011 – His own campaign staff resigned en masse.
 07/15/2011 – His poorly managed campaign is over $1 Million in debt.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 06:03:55 AM »

For once we agree. Wellfare comes out of working peoples money.

If people want drugs fine with me. Legalize the damn thing, but pay for it with your own money

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 06:23:37 AM »

Newt wants all of the control, with none of the benefits.  Can't happen.

This isn't having it both ways. The people are ASKING THE GOVERNMENT FOR MONEY. If you want government money, you play by government rules.

That's no different than the private sector. If your boss has a drug-free policy and you want him to pay you, you go by his rules. If you smoke weed or crack and pop positive, you are GONE.

How is that any different than asking for food stamps or unemployment?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 07:34:17 AM »
I have supported this from way back before candidates even dared to mention this.

If you live at home with your parents and they support you, you follow their rules and don't fuck with drugs with the money they give you.

When you stand in line for gov't welfare, it should be the same way. 

I don't think we should stop there, I think we should even have mandatory birth control required too.  If you can't find a job and support yourself, you don't need to be having babies.  DUH!!!

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 07:42:52 AM »
Epic thread backfire on 120.

120, you are in the minority AND WRONG!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 07:44:19 AM »
End the welfare state.

End Welfare State- Start Police State.. Thats the Newt Way

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 07:48:57 AM »
Epic thread backfire on 120.

120, you are in the minority AND WRONG!

initially, i liked the idea.  Then i saw it implemented in FL.  Aside from rick scott signing his drug testing company over to his wife for $1, right before he took office, then trying to award her with million in state contracts....

Aside from that, we saw that a very smallllllll % of people failed, and that it cost the state a shitload of $ for the tests.  Wasn't worth it. 

i'm fine with cutting welfare and entitlements across the board.  Not cutting social security - those people paid that, it's their money.

but I'm all for slashing UE to 2 weeks and ending 90% of welfare. 

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 07:57:39 AM »
i'm agreeing with you on ending that welfare state.

drug testing welfare recipients and not giving aid to those who don't pass would get you at least 50% of the way there.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 07:58:22 AM »

initially, i liked the idea.  Then i saw it implemented in FL.  Aside from rick scott signing his drug testing company over to his wife for $1, right before he took office, then trying to award her with million in state contracts....

Aside from that, we saw that a very smallllllll % of people failed, and that it cost the state a shitload of $ for the tests.  Wasn't worth it. 

i'm fine with cutting welfare and entitlements across the board.  Not cutting social security - those people paid that, it's their money.

but I'm all for slashing UE to 2 weeks and ending 90% of welfare. 

ouch.  good point.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 08:08:26 AM »
Don't get me wrong, it's a cool idea, but it didn't work in a poor state like FL where just about everyone is high all the time.

Check out the history of the bill - only 2% of ppl in florida failed, and that's when nobody knew about it.   Fewer ppl will fail every time as people get the Gold Seal to pass the test.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/promises/scott-o-meter/promise/600/require-drug-screening-for-welfare-recipients/

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 08:24:06 AM »

;D ;D ;D ;D

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 08:30:08 AM »
Don't get me wrong, it's a cool idea, but it didn't work in a poor state like FL where just about everyone is high all the time.

Check out the history of the bill - only 2% of ppl in florida failed, and that's when nobody knew about it.   Fewer ppl will fail every time as people get the Gold Seal to pass the test.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/promises/scott-o-meter/promise/600/require-drug-screening-for-welfare-recipients/

man that shit still works?  yeah if it's proven not to work and we spend more than we save implementing it.  fuck that shit.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2011, 09:10:10 AM »
how about just drug testing anyone who receives a dollar of federal funds of any kind

this would start with any elected official on the federal payroll (what better way than to lead by example), anyone who receives a government contract (and all their employees) and right on down the line.  

All presidential candidates should be tested too

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2011, 09:19:12 AM »

Sooo fucking true...

The GOP, Tea Party, Bible Thumpers, play like they're conservative and want limited government.  When it comes down to it they're as bad as Obama.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2011, 09:51:53 AM »

Sooo fucking true...

The GOP, Tea Party, Bible Thumpers, play like they're conservative and want limited government.  When it comes down to it they're as bad as Obama.

It would be nice if everyone on the board would realise this we could lift our disscussions to a higher level than this monkey stage