Author Topic: This Still Blows My Mind - Kevin Levrone 100lb dumbbell curl  (Read 10658 times)

POTA

Re: This Still Blows My Mind - Kevin Levrone 100lb dumbbell curl
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2011, 10:07:40 AM »
I think Samuelson at his peak could do it quite easely.

I would say 315x 4 barbell curls = ~120-130 lbs db curls

Damn. The negative is what makes a heavy curl good, in my opinion. A lot of people can jerk some weight up, but can't lower it with control. Samuelson here lowers the 315 nicely and slowly. Very impressive.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2011, 10:08:04 AM »
I've done em

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2011, 10:12:20 AM »

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2011, 10:30:09 AM »
usually im skeptical on a lot of claims but Groink i could see curling the 100's, hes a huge muscular dude.

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2011, 10:39:38 AM »
Yeah Groink is huge.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2011, 10:42:18 AM »
the thing i always say about dumbbell curls is that its way easier to curl big db's when you twist your hand and supinate as opposed to having your palm up the whole time like in a straight barbell curl, if you can handle anything over 70's that way you are one STRONG bastard.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2011, 05:31:47 PM »
usually im skeptical on a lot of claims but Groink i could see curling the 100's, hes a huge muscular dude.

Thanks...yeah, I was 260+ when I did them. It wasn't pretty, straight up ego stroke

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2011, 05:38:37 PM »
maybe swing curls not contracting at the top like most 100lbs db curl videos on youtube.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2011, 05:40:16 PM »
Thanks...yeah, I was 260+ when I did them. It wasn't pretty, straight up ego stroke
you mean that time when you where natural and stronger than you are now on aas  ??? ;D

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2011, 06:13:46 PM »
you mean that time when you where natural and stronger than you are now on aas  ??? ;D

I'm probably just as strong now, or stronger..pound for pound . and I'm almost 40 pounds lighter

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2011, 06:36:13 PM »
I'm probably just as strong now, or stronger..pound for pound . and I'm almost 40 pounds lighter

Do you feel you get stronger after 20 years of aas usage or is it about the same?

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2011, 07:38:44 PM »
Do you feel you get stronger after 20 years of aas usage or is it about the same?

;D

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2011, 09:10:32 AM »

If I would have used Steroids for 20 years straight i would have been a Pro BBer....and a good one  8)

Swlabr

« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2011, 10:16:50 AM »
Girls and sons who have not been loved by their fathers seek attention once teens and adults to compensate for what they didnt have originally. Fathers either left them alone, or were distant most of the time and not encouraging them. Some even despised them which would shape their personality and the way they d interact with others for the rest of their life.
They are extremistic in everything they do, always looking exageratly for attention, and have troubles adapting to society's rules, because they also have troubles defining their own identity and respecting authority and hierarchy.

Also boys who got picked on by others during childhood and adolescence -often sons without a father figure- try to compensate by lifting weights, to develop muscles and survive in ther male world. They re insecure because they re girly, childish, feminine having been raised by a single mom. They lift obsessively hoping it will transform them into men, to compensate for their lack of influence from a father figure that was not there. Unfortunaltey they can get as big as they can it doesnt cure their insecurity and who they truly are, how they grew up being raised by a single mom. They re no as manly as other men whatever they do, and they often have a big lack of masculine presence they dont know how to balance, hence often being borderline homosexuals while trying to get their manhood back thru various manly activities (mma, cars, weight lifting etc). They are often the ones that, in order to get respect from other males will go the steroids route to get even "bigger" attemptint to cure their insecurity , but being natural not being "enough", they still feel "too small", insecure, amongst other males. The lack of a father figure also often means they didnt have guidance to continue studies and are often working shitty manual jobs.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2011, 10:58:27 AM »
Strong mofo. One of my favorites.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2011, 01:17:41 PM »
Girls and sons who have not been loved by their fathers seek attention once teens and adults to compensate for what they didnt have originally. Fathers either left them alone, or were distant most of the time and not encouraging them. Some even despised them which would shape their personality and the way they d interact with others for the rest of their life.
They are extremistic in everything they do, always looking exageratly for attention, and have troubles adapting to society's rules, because they also have troubles defining their own identity and respecting authority and hierarchy.

Also boys who got picked on by others during childhood and adolescence -often sons without a father figure- try to compensate by lifting weights, to develop muscles and survive in ther male world. They re insecure because they re girly, childish, feminine having been raised by a single mom. They lift obsessively hoping it will transform them into men, to compensate for their lack of influence from a father figure that was not there. Unfortunaltey they can get as big as they can it doesnt cure their insecurity and who they truly are, how they grew up being raised by a single mom. They re no as manly as other men whatever they do, and they often have a big lack of masculine presence they dont know how to balance, hence often being borderline homosexuals while trying to get their manhood back thru various manly activities (mma, cars, weight lifting etc). They are often the ones that, in order to get respect from other males will go the steroids route to get even "bigger" attemptint to cure their insecurity , but being natural not being "enough", they still feel "too small", insecure, amongst other males. The lack of a father figure also often means they didnt have guidance to continue studies and are often working shitty manual jobs.

This post has potential to becoming a meme!

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2011, 01:35:15 PM »
If I would have used Steroids for 20 years straight i would have been a Pro BBer....and a good one  8)
you would be fucking scary on a typical pro's cycle.

Bodybuilder Lex Reeves

« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2011, 01:46:46 PM »
I disagree.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2011, 02:01:13 PM »
I think Samuelson at his peak could do it quite easely.

I would say 315x 4 barbell curls = ~120-130 lbs db curls

Of course Samuelson could hes a mountain of a man and could probably rep out 225 curls till you got bored of watching. Levrone doing the 100s is pretty impressive for his 5'9 170lb frame no doubt, he was always freakishly strong. Usually the big dudes are the ones curling super heavy weights like that. Didnt Lou Ferrigno rep the 90s seated in pumping iron.. ? Bertil Fox threw the 90s around pretty easy too, and he had an average frame size.. I personally saw Scott Steiner curl the 120s like feathers back in the late 90s, another guy who was built like a mack truck with really short arms. Im sure there are plenty of strongmen who go even heavier than that just based on their huge structures, god only knows what Kazmaier used to curl.. Any info on that ?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2011, 02:03:17 PM »
Of course Samuelson could hes a mountain of a man and could probably rep out 225 curls till you got bored of watching. Levrone doing the 100s is pretty impressive for his 5'9 170lb frame no doubt, he was always freakishly strong. Usually the big dudes are the ones curling super heavy weights like that. Didnt Lou Ferrigno rep the 90s seated in pumping iron.. ? Bertil Fox threw the 90s around pretty easy too, and he had an average frame size.. I personally saw Scott Steiner curl the 120s like feather back in the late 90s, another guy who was built like a mack truck with really short arms. Im sure there are plenty of strongmen who go even heavier than that just based on their huge structures, god only knows what Kazmaier used to curl.. Any info on that ?
Kaz used to make some pretty crazy claims on curls, something like 315 with the straight bar for reps, the Barbarians used to swing up the 150's for a few.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2011, 02:09:34 PM »
Kaz used to make some pretty crazy claims on curls, something like 315 with the straight bar for reps, the Barbarians used to swing up the 150's for a few.

Ive seen the vid of one of them, Peter or Paul not sure, comically tossing around the 150s.  def strong but they'd be lucky to get the 100s up with better form.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2011, 02:10:57 PM »
Ive seen the vid of one of them, Peter or Paul not sure, comically tossing around the 150s.  def strong but they'd be lucky to get the 100s up with better form.
yeah even swinging them up takes a shitload of strength but 90's or 100's is more realistic.