Author Topic: 171 Bally Total Fitness are closing. LA Fitness bought them out.  (Read 10661 times)

TK

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
171 Bally Total Fitness are closing. LA Fitness bought them out.
« on: December 01, 2011, 01:40:01 PM »
We’re pleased to announce that Fitness International, LLC, an affiliate of LA Fitness International, LLC, has completed the acquisition of 171 former Bally Total Fitness locations. You can find the acquired clubs now in our list of club locations.

Our objective in general is to make this transition as easy as possible for both the members and employees. We will be servicing all of the membership agreements that were acquired from Bally. The majority of the acquired clubs will remain open, but some will be closing before the end of the year. If we close a facility, we will transfer those members’ agreements to a nearby facility, either an acquired Bally or an LA Fitness. We plan to add new equipment to many of the clubs, and we also have plans to remodel, expand or relocate a number of the clubs to larger and newer facilities.

The employees at the clubs we acquired will no longer be employed by Bally, but we hope that they will apply for positions with us. We will do our best to find a spot for every qualified Bally employee who wants to be part of our team.

Members at the 27 Bally Total Fitness clubs in Illinois may notice some changes after Dec. 1, when LA Fitness takes ownership of all Bally’s clubs in the state. The Illinois clubs are part of 171 Bally’s clubs nationwide being sold to Fitness International LLC, an affiliate of LA Fitness International LLC, next month.

Although Chicago-based Bally Total Fitness will continue to operate 100 clubs around the country, none will be in Illinois. LA Fitness is also buying all Bally clubs in Indiana and at least 10 other states. LA Fitness spokesmen would not comment on how the change in ownership could affect members or employees, saying it had to wait until the sale is finalized Nov. 30. Officials for LA Fitness said more information will be available on their website following the sale. However, Larry Larsen, spokesman for Chicago-based Bally Total Fitness, said his understanding is that services for members should be uninterrupted and employees will keep their jobs. Larsen said it was a strategic decision for the company to focus resources on specific locations. The sale is estimated at about $153 million.

Bally operates clubs in Schaumburg, Mount Prospect, Deerfield, Naperville, Vernon Hills, Villa Park and several more locations closer to the city.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: 171 Bally Total Fitness are closing. LA Fitness bought them out.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 02:24:22 PM »
damn

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 02:25:46 PM »
bally fitness is gay

:D

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 06:45:25 PM »
Girls and sons who have not been loved by their fathers seek attention once teens and adults to compensate for what they didnt have originally. Fathers either left them alone, or were distant most of the time and not encouraging them. Some even despised them which would shape their personality and the way they d interact with others for the rest of their life.
They are extremistic in everything they do, always looking exageratly for attention, and have troubles adapting to society's rules, because they also have troubles defining their own identity and respecting authority and hierarchy.

Also boys who got picked on by others during childhood and adolescence -often sons without a father figure- try to compensate by lifting weights, to develop muscles and survive in ther male world. They re insecure because they re girly, childish, feminine having been raised by a single mom. They lift obsessively hoping it will transform them into men, to compensate for their lack of influence from a father figure that was not there. Unfortunaltey they can get as big as they can it doesnt cure their insecurity and who they truly are, how they grew up being raised by a single mom. They re no as manly as other men whatever they do, and they often have a big lack of masculine presence they dont know how to balance, hence often being borderline homosexuals while trying to get their manhood back thru various manly activities (mma, cars, weight lifting etc). They are often the ones that, in order to get respect from other males will go the steroids route to get even "bigger" attemptint to cure their insecurity , but being natural not being "enough", they still feel "too small", insecure, amongst other males. The lack of a father figure also often means they didnt have guidance to continue studies and are often working shitty manual jobs.
#

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 06:50:55 PM »
Girls and sons who have not been loved by their fathers seek attention once teens and adults to compensate for what they didnt have originally. Fathers either left them alone, or were distant most of the time and not encouraging them. Some even despised them which would shape their personality and the way they d interact with others for the rest of their life.
They are extremistic in everything they do, always looking exageratly for attention, and have troubles adapting to society's rules, because they also have troubles defining their own identity and respecting authority and hierarchy.

Also boys who got picked on by others during childhood and adolescence -often sons without a father figure- try to compensate by lifting weights, to develop muscles and survive in ther male world. They re insecure because they re girly, childish, feminine having been raised by a single mom. They lift obsessively hoping it will transform them into men, to compensate for their lack of influence from a father figure that was not there. Unfortunaltey they can get as big as they can it doesnt cure their insecurity and who they truly are, how they grew up being raised by a single mom. They re no as manly as other men whatever they do, and they often have a big lack of masculine presence they dont know how to balance, hence often being borderline homosexuals while trying to get their manhood back thru various manly activities (mma, cars, weight lifting etc). They are often the ones that, in order to get respect from other males will go the steroids route to get even "bigger" attemptint to cure their insecurity , but being natural not being "enough", they still feel "too small", insecure, amongst other males. The lack of a father figure also often means they didnt have guidance to continue studies and are often working shitty manual jobs.

Beat me to it!

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 07:19:58 PM »
We’re pleased to announce that Fitness International, LLC, an affiliate of LA Fitness International, LLC, has completed the acquisition of 171 former Bally Total Fitness locations. You can find the acquired clubs now in our list of club locations.

Our objective in general is to make this transition as easy as possible for both the members and employees. We will be servicing all of the membership agreements that were acquired from Bally. The majority of the acquired clubs will remain open, but some will be closing before the end of the year. If we close a facility, we will transfer those members’ agreements to a nearby facility, either an acquired Bally or an LA Fitness. We plan to add new equipment to many of the clubs, and we also have plans to remodel, expand or relocate a number of the clubs to larger and newer facilities.

The employees at the clubs we acquired will no longer be employed by Bally, but we hope that they will apply for positions with us. We will do our best to find a spot for every qualified Bally employee who wants to be part of our team.

Members at the 27 Bally Total Fitness clubs in Illinois may notice some changes after Dec. 1, when LA Fitness takes ownership of all Bally’s clubs in the state. The Illinois clubs are part of 171 Bally’s clubs nationwide being sold to Fitness International LLC, an affiliate of LA Fitness International LLC, next month.

Although Chicago-based Bally Total Fitness will continue to operate 100 clubs around the country, none will be in Illinois. LA Fitness is also buying all Bally clubs in Indiana and at least 10 other states. LA Fitness spokesmen would not comment on how the change in ownership could affect members or employees, saying it had to wait until the sale is finalized Nov. 30. Officials for LA Fitness said more information will be available on their website following the sale. However, Larry Larsen, spokesman for Chicago-based Bally Total Fitness, said his understanding is that services for members should be uninterrupted and employees will keep their jobs. Larsen said it was a strategic decision for the company to focus resources on specific locations. The sale is estimated at about $153 million.

Bally operates clubs in Schaumburg, Mount Prospect, Deerfield, Naperville, Vernon Hills, Villa Park and several more locations closer to the city.

All the trainers are going to leave.....LA Fitness doesnt pay more than $12/hr for them.  Not losing jobs...two front desk people were told that their hours were now cut in half....

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 09:59:24 PM »
What is the difference???
Bally and LA Fitness is the same SHIT!!!
I rather jog and do pull-ups and dips at the beach than workout at that shameful gym chain!

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 05:43:29 AM »

thank God, someone is finally putting bally's to rest.....I never like them. they should have been out of business long time agao....fuck them

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 06:31:12 AM »

thank God, someone is finally putting bally's to rest.....I never like them. they should have been out of business long time agao....fuck them

The whole fitness industry is a giant ball of bullshit. They hire any dope of the street..give him a "trainer"  shirt , ZERO sales training and throw him on the gym floor and break his balls to write P/T deals. The turnover is ridiculous

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 06:32:18 AM »

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 07:44:04 AM »
DAMN... i hope they don't take over the Los Angeles gyms, even though a few of them are shitty, i only pay $8 a month

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 10:13:09 AM »

Damn thats nice 8)
Real fucking nice....thank you oh great Mars!!  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 10:13:42 AM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 10:16:25 AM »
171 Bally's AREN"T closing... maybe 30 or 40 that cannibalize other current LA Fitness'...

The rest will eventually be converted to LA Fitness...

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2011, 12:37:02 PM »

Damn thats nice 8)

It looks nice sitting down for damn sure. Is she like a walking stick when she stands up is the question.  ;D

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2011, 02:05:39 PM »
 CA ones gone too?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2011, 02:19:55 PM »
LA Fitness is worse than ballys
X

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
LA Fitness buys out Bally
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2011, 08:41:50 AM »
I just got a letter in the mail, stating that my gym membership of nearly two decades now goes to LA Fitness.

The last time I went to a LA Fitness, the chrome was so shiny I could see my reflection. The dumbbells went up to 145 (the heaviest ones at the Bally clubs where I regularly train was the 105s....and those were the stupid Ivanko rubber-coated ones).

I'm not sure if they're going to change the club where I train now to LA Fitness or keep it as Bally. I hope it's the former, IF it ends up like the LA Fitness gym in Orlando.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Re: LA Fitness buys out Bally
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, 08:44:51 AM »
I don't know why LA Fitness gets a bad rap.  Good free weight area with benches and an assortment of leg equip, machines, basketball court, raquetball, pool, etc.  Everything for $9.95 a week which includes all clubs.  Come on.  

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2011, 08:45:53 AM »
fuk Mcaw this is old news, maybe all that snake oil you buy at 50% off from gnc is brain damaging you ?
K

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2011, 08:57:08 AM »
fuk Mcaw this is old news, maybe all that snake oil you buy at 50% off from gnc is brain damaging you ?

Many Bally members are just now finding out about this. Some have had their memberships cancelled (although that process is being fixed).

I just stated that I got a letter in the mail, regarding this matter. NOBODY at the front desk mentioned it and there are no signs in the club, claiming that they were going to be bought out. The change is effective December 1 (and I was out of town on the 1st and 2nd). I went to train yesterday and saw nothing about the change. I opened my letter yesterday.

Of course, I expect such silliness and inability to read from you. It's par the course.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2011, 09:00:33 AM »
Many Bally members are just now finding out about this. Some have had their memberships cancelled (although that process is being fixed).

I just stated that I got a letter in the mail, regarding this matter. NOBODY at the front desk mentioned it and there are no signs in the club, claiming that they were going to be bought out. The change is effective December 1 (and I was out of town on the 1st and 2nd).

Of course, I expect such silliness and inability to read from you. It's par the course.

with all the $$ you save buying muscle milk, N large etc, weight gain 2000 etc ....should not be a problem to pay more $$.
K

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2011, 09:09:08 AM »
with all the $$ you save buying muscle milk, N large etc, weight gain 2000 etc ....should not be a problem to pay more $$.

I'm not worried about paying more money. Bally used to slightly increase its rate every year, anyway. If it becomes a problem, I'll simply go elsewhere, until they drop their prices, as they did in 2005.

Why you are bringing up supplements here is beyond me, unless you're a glutton for punishment.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2011, 09:12:13 AM »
I'm not worried about paying more money. Bally used to slightly increase its rate every year, anyway. If it becomes a problem, I'll simply go elsewhere, until they drop their prices, as they did in 2005.

Why you are bringing up supplements here is beyond me, unless you're a glutton for punishment.

When I see this I think of you  :D (not in order)
K