Author Topic: How To Spot Narcissists On Facebook  (Read 9015 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: How To Spot Narcissists On Facebook
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2011, 06:08:24 AM »
 :-X
"LOLZ"  ::) ::)

Thanks for proving my point for me...ONE sentence from me gets a 500 word meltdown from you, and I wasn't even addressing you  ;)...seek therapy
You two are going to go back and forth like a 100 yrs war.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2011, 06:24:01 AM »
:-XYou two are going to go back and forth like a 100 yrs war.

Nope.....I'm past indulging these turds for posts on end. my point is valid, nothing more to be said. Of course that won't stop him from coming at me six ways till Sunday trying to "win"  ::)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2011, 07:22:41 AM »
Because people have more leisure time due to increased confort allowed by progress and technology, they tend to focus more on themselves in their spare time while abandoning relationships with others. As most occidentals only focus on themselves, they have more and more troubles raising kids who become even bigger narcissic than their own parents. Throw in the abandoning of religion and the birth of TV and then of the internet, and you obtain the shit we re living in nowadays. Of course a good use of all of this could be made, but there will be a need for a big fresh start first before people know what to use and how without being destroyed by it.

Having a decent and realistic view of yourself  has nothing to do with being a narcissist. Narcissists only use others to make them themselves feel better, and dont give anything in return most of the time. They often come from dysfunctional families where parents both were only caring about their own needs before those of the family and kids as a united whole.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2011, 07:27:24 AM »
I deleted my Facebook account about two months ago. I'd been on there for about three years and originally it was just meant as a basic social network between me and a few work colleagues. Then it got popular with the masses and spiralled well out of control with people who I hadn't seen in 10-15 years from my school days wanting to be my "friend" when they never used to say shit to me in the first place when I knew them before. 

Over the last few months I'd eventually become sick of seeing the same attention-whoring comments and status updates, not to mention all the pics of women with their duck-face pouts and pre-menstrual ramblings, emotional outbursts and the like, so I took myself off it. I only ever used to post there to wish the odd person happy birthday and my only photo was the same one you in my avatar on Getbig but once people started tagging me in on photos without my permission and messaging me publicly so the whole world could see it became a bit much. I've never been one for seeking attention and I'm a very low key person in real life so the whole concept never really suited me.

Now that I'm not on it anymore, I don't miss it and my life is better off without it.

Getbig is the only social network I need.  8)

yes people tagging you in pics is fucking annoying, seriously.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2011, 07:31:28 AM »
Facebook is solely and only used 99.9% of the time by 99.9% of users to compare themselves to others.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2011, 08:02:46 AM »
If you think there are attention whores in Getbig, they've got nothing on those on Facebook. The most annoying ones are those who copy-paste generic, pseudo-intellectual crap that's right out of Reader's Digest or worse, like, "People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care" and then get their friends to "like" it ::) There's no pruning mechanism that keeps it under control like Getbig, since it's all about being PC. And don't even get me started on gays and fatties trying to be cute >:( ::) :-X

I've got an account in FB, but I never post there, ever, unless it's to wish a friend on their Bday. Most of the jokes and funny stuff posted there are lame beyond belief. Thank God Ron for Getbig, lol.

in a way getbig doesn't even have attention whores, getbiggers allways try to make a conversation or a debate.

Instantly when someone makes a thread "hi guys, I was just passing by" and having a car picture, everyone attacks that person and rips him/her apart and ridicules him immidiately, but in facebook that's how you should post  :o

MikMaq

« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2011, 08:05:51 AM »
"LOLZ"  ::) ::)

Thanks for proving my point for me...ONE sentence from me gets a 500 word meltdown from you, and I wasn't even addressing you  ;)...seek therapy
Only the first sentences was adressed to you, you took the rest of it, as that's what your ego saw. :o

Because people have more leisure time due to increased confort allowed by progress and technology, they tend to focus more on themselves in their spare time while abandoning relationships with others. As most occidentals only focus on themselves, they have more and more troubles raising kids who become even bigger narcissic than their own parents. Throw in the abandoning of religion and the birth of TV and then of the internet, and you obtain the shit we re living in nowadays. Of course a good use of all of this could be made, but there will be a need for a big fresh start first before people know what to use and how without being destroyed by it.

Having a decent and realistic view of yourself  has nothing to do with being a narcissist. Narcissists only use others to make them themselves feel better, and dont give anything in return most of the time. They often come from dysfunctional families where parents both were only caring about their own needs before those of the family and kids as a united whole.
That's actually a bit of a myth there's a lot of research into this shit, and narcisisst are just average in every way you look at it, aside from the fact they devote large amounts of time trying to make themselves look good, as they totally believe their that good.

The problem with women is what alot of getbiggers run into, as so many women are  full of themselves even those that pretend to be insecure really aren't. Alot of research has been done to prove these people aren't acting to compensate for some void but actually believe they're special, as their parents set them up with this bias in childhood. Just look at how many dads call their daughters princess, this might just be a cute nickname but it says alot how women especially attractive women are treated in our society. The age of marketing created the modern form of the narcissist. At the same time these people have convinced us as a society that people that are self involved are highly successful, attractive(when there just average),  and actually add to society. The truth is they usually cause more chaos in the work places than is commonly understood.

They cause massive distortions in the interview process, tend to get promoted as managers even though in the long term prove to be extremely problamatic in the workplace, and their walking bllboards for credit card companies.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2011, 09:19:52 AM »
I move that Ron creates a child board called the "WAAAAAAAAHHHH" board.

And  these whiny fucks could cry in each others laps all day about everything under the sun  :D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2011, 05:26:10 PM »
Since 2000, on psychological tests designed to detect narcissism, the scores of residents of the United States have continually increased. Psychologists have suggested a link to social networking.[4]

;D

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2011, 05:37:59 PM »
Lolz sounds like the desperate rationalization of a narcissist. Please no trying to convince me your really as great as you think you are.

Narcissist are fucked, I can't stand this argument to defend people who think their gods. They're like chirstians, who by defintion try to force their beliefs of them being special gifted lucky whatever in everyone else's face. Once you see the connection and realize there's no rationalization with the delusional it becomes old hat very fucking fast.

The real problem isn't that there annoying, but they generally fuck up the game for everyone else. They distort the reality and obsess over finding new ways to manipulate the rules to make themselves look good. The credit crisis/ economic turmoil is rampant, with the negroe on a trip obama, and the bankers thinking their gods with money when there not. Our world is fucked, and what really gets me is these folk get their influence on everything, as they're basically walking billboards who's only goal is to promote themselves via manipulation of anything worth while. .

No offence to Groink. But Getbig has over 37,000 members. And if a poll was taken on the top 3 most narcissistic people on Getbig, Groink would be number one by a fucking land slide. The fact that he doesn't even realize this makes him the number Narcissus on Getbig. :-\ Just read the recent 100 pound "all natural" dumbbell thread to get an understanding of the type of mental illness we are dealing with.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2011, 05:45:36 PM »
Symptoms of this disorder include, but are not limited to:

Reacts to criticism with anger, shame, or humiliation
May take advantage of others to reach their own goal
Tend to exaggerate their own importance, achievements, and talents
Imagines unrealistic fantasies of success, beauty, power, intelligence, or romance
Requires constant attention and positive reinforcement from others
Easily becomes jealous
Lacks empathy and disregards the feelings of others
Obsessed with oneself
Mainly pursues selfish goals
Trouble keeping healthy relationships
Are easily hurt and rejected
set unreal goals
want "the best" of everything
Appear as tough-minded or unemotional

Groink how much of that criteria do you meet?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2011, 05:57:59 PM »
Symptoms of this disorder include, but are not limited to:

Reacts to criticism with anger, shame, or humiliation
May take advantage of others to reach their own goal
Tend to exaggerate their own importance, achievements, and talents
Imagines unrealistic fantasies of success, beauty, power, intelligence, or romance
Requires constant attention and positive reinforcement from others
Easily becomes jealous
Lacks empathy and disregards the feelings of others
Obsessed with oneself
Mainly pursues selfish goals
Trouble keeping healthy relationships
Are easily hurt and rejected
set unreal goals
want "the best" of everything
Appear as tough-minded or unemotional

Groink how much of that criteria do you meet?

Some days I come on Getbig and I think someone is finally going to call out this guy like the douche who threw the party in the movie "Some Kind of Wonderful" LOL

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2011, 06:37:51 PM »
What's funny is that so many people in this thread are trying to feel superior to those they label 'narcissist'.

So aren't they even more self promoting, relatively speaking?
G

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2011, 09:10:33 PM »
What's funny is that so many people in this thread are trying to feel superior to those they label 'narcissist'.

LOL. ya you must be right. Across the globe millions of psychotherapist are giving up their professions because garebear thinks that anyone who spots a turd, must be a turd. WTF

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2011, 10:09:14 PM »
f#$k facebook!!    ::) ::)

ALL I NEED IS GB! ;)
Mr. AZ 2003

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2011, 11:31:37 PM »

8)
D

chess315

« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2011, 11:44:12 PM »
acting narcisitic on facebook and other sites will actually gain you clout. I'm by far the best looking and further from the most succseful but I have had problems with social sites and did start becoming narcisitic on them but the only reason I did is thats what people want. The more I did it the more people liked it kissed my ass and I got girls. It got so bad I had to take the whole thing down at several times I'm 34 I can see how someone like zyzz could become a star people love that shit. I could get on there anytime and get girls like nothing it was crazy how good it worked I would have never guessed that such a thing was even possible. I think someone like groink or any decent built guy (not good )could get on there talk crazy non stop and 18-25 yr old girls would be coming to his house like no end.

chess315

« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2011, 11:46:49 PM »
a lot of them are not so much narcissits just do like I did and did what works and people love that shit. Like you hear people complain about guys with no shirt pics lol my ass if I put a face pic ill get a few girls talk to me here and there put a posing one up and talk a gang of shit I'll get them non stop. The funny thing the more crazy I talked the better they use to eat it up.

Tito24

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2011, 01:48:59 AM »

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2011, 02:33:16 AM »

Big Boy fucking Rocked.  :D they are all over Michigan! I was raised on Big Boy Food and fucking Mountain Dew!! Thanks Mom!  :D :D
D

Tito24

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2011, 02:41:50 AM »

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2011, 03:46:07 AM »

yep. part of my point too

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
  • Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2011, 04:37:42 AM »
Dont see the appeal of Failbook at all, anyone I want to speak to is in my mobile, why would I want some c.unt I speak to once every 5 years knowing what Im doing?

Fark no! None of that nonsense. I only have the cell, with the one number, for my Mum who's not doing well.

1. I'm not interested in gibbering about my personal life. It's none of your business.

2. I can't imagine my personal shit could be anything but boring - to anyone. I would not inflict it on you.   

THESE ^^^^

PT
Growth/noob loves me

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2011, 06:52:16 AM »
LOL. ya you must be right. Across the globe millions of psychotherapist are giving up their professions because garebear thinks that anyone who spots a turd, must be a turd. WTF
I'm confused. Which one of us is superior to the other?
G

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2011, 06:57:09 AM »
It's best to just stay quiet and 'poke' your friends...