Author Topic: Ravage by GNC  (Read 4947 times)

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
Ravage by GNC
« on: December 03, 2011, 12:42:13 PM »
Anyone tried this yet? It seems to do a decent job for me as a pre-workout

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: Ravage by GNC
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 03:49:54 PM »
Anyone tried this yet? It seems to do a decent job for me as a pre-workout

All pre-workouts are basically sugar and caffeine.....not worth the money..drink a large cup of coffee with sugar for 50 cents

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 08:07:32 AM »
All pre-workouts are basically sugar and caffeine.....not worth the money..drink a large cup of coffee with sugar for 50 cents

Yeah, what most people feel from these pre-workout products is the caffeine push.
Most of everything else in them is either underdosed semi-effective ingredients and/or worthless fillers.

If a product like Ravage works for you and you like it, great!

However, you may consider sometime trying simpler, less expensive caffeine products like coffee, or - if you can't stand the taste - NoDoz.
Many trainers swear by Jack3d, which contains DMMA - a popular party drug in some parts of Europe that has a profound enhancement effect on concentration levels. DMMA also allegedly helps “smooth” the caffeine crash a lot of people experience.

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 11:42:46 AM »
Our Pre-Workout Drink ( ProSport Nutrition Octane ) has no sugar or fillers.  But you are correct most products on the market, are simply sugar and caffiene.  ( A Large Strong Coffee with sugar will do the same thing ) DMMA is the magic ingredient you find in Red Line, and Jack3d.  However it is banned by the world doping organization, so college and pro athletes should not take anything with it.  Its just matter of time before its banned just like the old Ephedra Alkaloids ( the Good stuff ).  We don't put it in Octane, but if you really want DMMA ( 1,3-Dimethylamylamine ), you can buy it in raw capsule form ( 100 caps x 40mg ) for under $20.  In my opinion 20mg is plenty if you are looking to add it to your current drink of choice.

Checkout the energy drink comparison chart

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 11:49:15 AM »
The old Ephedra was the best thing ever......I lost tons of weight on that stuff.....thats  why the gov't banned it because it ACTUALLY WORKS...usually if the gov't hasn't banned it, its not worth shit

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 03:59:49 PM »
Agreed!
sometimes you can get lucky and still find it
Google for "Ephedra Alkaloids",  And then if you find some, call the store and have them physically double check that the bottles actually say that, and are not just the newer ( crap ) ones.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 06:09:55 PM »
What is the much weaker form of Ephedra they are now selling?
It's derived from a different part of the plant than the original product...

Purge_WTF

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 08:40:09 AM »
  Ravage was lame--weak energy and it has black pepper in it, which leaves an annoying black pepper taste in your throat afterwards.

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 11:14:20 AM »
Black pepper is typically used to speed up absorption.  Most of the old school ephedra supplements had it too.

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 11:16:16 AM »
basically on the label if it says Ephedra Alkaloids, its the good stuff.  If it says Ephedra, its crap.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 04:15:27 PM »
x2, when will people learn, never apparently.
T

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 04:18:12 PM »
x2, when will people learn, never apparently.

the marketing machines of these supplement firms really go into overdrive trying to convince people to buy worthless sugar and caffeine for $50.00 which can be bought for 50 cents

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 06:01:15 PM »
agreed,  What is even worse is when they claim to not have any sugar, then you read the label and find the stuff is mostly fillers ( maltodextrin, glucose polymers ) both of which will spike insulin levels, which is exactly what you don't want if you are buying a sugar free product.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 06:37:03 PM »
agreed,  What is even worse is when they claim to not have any sugar, then you read the label and find the stuff is mostly fillers ( maltodextrin, glucose polymers ) both of which will spike insulin levels, which is exactly what you don't want if you are buying a sugar free product.

Good Point!

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 02:34:33 PM »
WOW lol this started a big convo huh? Yeah im agreeing with you guys on this product now.....UNFORTUNATELY its crap, As it has already after only four doses stopped working.......eh, Back to my jack3d tomorrow lol. Then.....coffee from now on and just save the money

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2011, 04:23:58 PM »
WOW lol this started a big convo huh? Yeah im agreeing with you guys on this product now.....UNFORTUNATELY its crap, As it has already after only four doses stopped working.......eh, Back to my jack3d tomorrow lol. Then.....coffee from now on and just save the money

I bought jacked once...many many years ago...I think it basically creatine with sugar right?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2011, 04:27:05 PM »
I bought jacked once...many many years ago...I think it basically creatine with sugar right?

No, it contains something else that is actually useful/relevant.
See my above post.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2011, 11:31:47 AM »
I haven't tried it.....YET! (it's still too expensive).

Three pre-workout drinks I'd recommend are:

Cellucor's C4 Extreme

iSatori's Morph (got a jug of that for $10 a couple of months ago)

MuscleTech's Nano Vapor (I've used the original one; it was GREAT. I haven't tried the "Pro Series" yet, but I just got a 3-lb jug for just under $11. I will give it a run when my Morph runs out).

All of the them taste pretty good and are light on the stomach, unlike N.O. X-Plode (both the original and 2.0).

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 07:51:42 AM »
I haven't tried it.....YET! (it's still too expensive).

Three pro-workout drinks I'd recommend are:

Cellucor's C4 Extreme

iSatori's Morph (got a jug of that for $10 a couple of months ago)

MuscleTech's Nano Vapor (I've used the original one; it was GREAT. I haven't tried the "Pro Series" yet, but I just got a 3-lb jug for just under $11. I will give it a run when my Morph runs out).

All of the them taste pretty good and are light on the stomach, unlike N.O. X-Plode (both the original and 2.0).

don't you think these pre-workout drinks are a waste of time?.....honestly...have you seen a difference in your workouts?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2011, 07:57:06 AM »
don't you think these pre-workout drinks are a waste of time?.....honestly...have you seen a difference in your workouts?

If I thought they were a waste of time, I wouldn't be using them. The ones I've mentioned definitely give you an extra kick. Again, the issue is price. As long as you can get it cheap, give them a run.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2011, 06:07:15 PM »
If I thought they were a waste of time, I wouldn't be using them. The ones I've mentioned definitely give you an extra kick. Again, the issue is price. As long as you can get it cheap, give them a run.

agreed I guess