Author Topic: NC - LSU vs...  (Read 4686 times)

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
Re: NC - LSU vs...
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2011, 08:08:17 AM »
Personally, I think the OSU and LSU game would probably be much more entertaining, BUT Bama deserves it. If Bama and OSU have the exact same record, then you have to look at the losses they have and how do those compare. A loss to LSU is much more persuasive than a loss to Iowa State. I would even say Stanford has more of a claim to the BCS NC game than OSU. There only loss was to a high powered Oregon team, which I think everyone would agree that Oregon outclasses Iowa State any day of the week. And throw out the whole "well they(Bama) didnt win the conference" for a minute.Who is to say the top 2 teams cannot be in the same conference? One real positive that may come from this, a real 4-8 team playoff system. Especially if the Bammers win.

I saw a 6 team system which would work better.  Con champs LSU and OSU get a bye.  Bama vs Stanford to play OSU and Oregon vs Boise State to play LSU, or something along these lines. 

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2011, 08:17:21 AM »
So, LSU finishes the year Co-National Champs because people are fooling themselves if they think LSU won't cry 1-1 in the series if Bama wins.  Also, it's hard to beat the same team twice in a season.  Bama had their chance.  It should have been OSU. 

And thats what I mean when I say the one positive that will come out of this. So many people will be pissed regardless of the outcome, a big playoff push will occur. Superconferences will be here in the next 2-3 years. 16 teams total per conference, top 2 teams from each go to the playoffs. You could even include the BCS bowl games as the playoff sites. Its a win win for the schools, instead of getting paid once for a bowl, they could get paid 2-3 times dependent upon if they win or lose and move on.

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2011, 08:32:46 AM »
And thats what I mean when I say the one positive that will come out of this. So many people will be pissed regardless of the outcome, a big playoff push will occur. Superconferences will be here in the next 2-3 years. 16 teams total per conference, top 2 teams from each go to the playoffs. You could even include the BCS bowl games as the playoff sites. Its a win win for the schools, instead of getting paid once for a bowl, they could get paid 2-3 times dependent upon if they win or lose and move on.

The top team and top conf champ shouldn't have to go thru all those games, they earned an easy road during the regular season.  OSU vs (Bama vs Stanford).  LSU vs (Boise State vs V Tech or Michigan).  LSU mauls that draw, and the CLEAR #2 team comes from the second one.

In the current case Bama can not claim lone NC, no way!

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2011, 08:49:24 AM »
The top team and top conf champ shouldn't have to go thru all those games, they earned an easy road during the regular season.  OSU vs (Bama vs Stanford).  LSU vs (Boise State vs V Tech or Michigan).  LSU mauls that draw, and the CLEAR #2 team comes from the second one.

In the current case Bama can not claim lone NC, no way!

I'm sure Iowa State would beat anyone in the Top 5 just like they did OSU. Saying OSU deserves it more is a joke. Look at who each team lost to, that's it. People keep saying OSU got robbed and base that mainly on not wanting to see another boring game between LSU and Bama. Throw the conferences out of it and tell me which loss from OSU and Bama is the most compelling. No one can say with a straight face its the OSU loss to Iowa State. No one.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2011, 09:10:03 AM »
if OSU is left out of the National Chamionship it will be a crime, how can you have a team that didnt even win its SUB CONFERENCE let alone win its CONFERENCE in the title game, the BCS game should be LSU vs. Oklahoma State, case closed.

They lost to a 6-6 team!!!! THis would be like Bama losing to Vandy.

Bama TIED and lost by 3 pts in OT to LSU!!!

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2011, 09:11:32 AM »
Alabama - Does anyone want to see a low scoring rerun?  Looks like an under 25 game

OSU - LSU offense can be anemic, and OSU can score.  Looks like an over 50 game.

In 2003 LSU head coach Nick Saban said any team that does not win their conference does not deserve to play in the BCS title game.

In 2006 Florida head coach Urban Meyer said Michigan did not deserve a rematch against Ohio St. because they already had their chance to win.

Basically, past SEC coaches have said Bama should not get a 2nd shot at LSU.

Also, if LSU loses to Bama, it's said that LSU could argue for Co-NCs because the series would be tied 1-1.

What's the point of LSU vs Bama again???

Really? Did the Pats get a Co-Super champs ring since they beat the Giants the last week of the regular season?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2011, 09:13:17 AM »
They lost to a 6-6 team!!!! THis would be like Bama losing to Vandy.

Bama TIED and lost by 3 pts in OT to LSU!!!

i think when you match up the schedules the difficulty will come up pretty similar, regardless of OSU losing to Iowa State they at least won their conference which is arguably the 2nd best conference after the SEC, i love Bama and im a Saban fan i really am but you shoudlnt be playing for the national title if you couldnt win your sub conference let alone your conference.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2011, 09:13:48 AM »
i wasnt talking about this year, i said "over the last few seasons".

UT has suckeed ass the last 2 seasons... so I dont know why thats so impressive.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2011, 09:15:58 AM »
i think when you match up the schedules the difficulty will come up pretty similar, regardless of OSU losing to Iowa State they at least won their conference which is arguably the 2nd best conference after the SEC, i love Bama and im a Saban fan i really am but you shoudlnt be playing for the national title if you couldnt win your sub conference let alone your conference.

Sorry but the BCSNCG doesn't say that. THE BCS simply wants the TOP TWO (2) teams in the nation to play each other.

And the top 2 teams are indeed playing each other in the BCSNCG.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2011, 09:18:30 AM »
Sorry but the BCSNCG doesn't say that. THE BCS simply wants the TOP TWO (2) teams in the nation to play each other.

And the top 2 teams are indeed playing each other in the BCSNCG.
problem is that theres no concrete way of determining who that number 2 team is, i think its a toss up between Bama and OSU but OSU just demolished a legendary program in Oklahoma in their last game, i say that puts OSU right there.

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2011, 09:20:18 AM »
Really? Did the Pats get a Co-Super champs ring since they beat the Giants the last week of the regular season?

I have no clue what you are talking about.  Eddie George (better football player and analyst than you'll ever be) plus  others said if LSU lost then they should be Co-National Champs, just for the season they had.  I'll say it again if LSU drops this rematch, they will call for a Co-National Title and it will be given.  Is Bama really better than them if Jefferson fumbles on the 1 yd line with seconds left in the game?  Bama had their chance.  Kill the debate and give OSU their chance given they are a conference champ.  LSU has a late-out-the-box offense, and I wouldn't be surprise if OSU jumped on them 14-0 or 17-0.  Obviously, LSU gets their bearings as usual and wreaks them for the next 2.5 quarters but still a fun game to watch.  

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2011, 09:32:44 AM »

Fuck it. Ain't watchin', because I've got big balls. 

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2011, 12:08:25 PM »
I have no clue what you are talking about.  Eddie George (better football player and analyst than you'll ever be) plus  others said if LSU lost then they should be Co-National Champs, just for the season they had.  I'll say it again if LSU drops this rematch, they will call for a Co-National Title and it will be given.  Is Bama really better than them if Jefferson fumbles on the 1 yd line with seconds left in the game?  Bama had their chance.  Kill the debate and give OSU their chance given they are a conference champ.  LSU has a late-out-the-box offense, and I wouldn't be surprise if OSU jumped on them 14-0 or 17-0.  Obviously, LSU gets their bearings as usual and wreaks them for the next 2.5 quarters but still a fun game to watch.  

Big F-ing deal. The Coaches of the NCAA Division I voted Bama number 2, not OSU. I would put what they say far above what an analyst on ESPN says. Half of what those guys say is to stir the pot anyway. Ever notice that Lou Holtz and Mark May rarely agree? Hmmm, I wonder why? ::)

Like Devon said, the BCSNCG was put in place for #1 and #2 to play, irregardless of who won what conference. You cant hold it against Bama that they are in the same sub conference as the #1 team. And why anybody thinks OSU will put up a lot of points against LSU is beyond me. Auburn beat an offense better than this years OSU in last years Oregan in the BCSNCG. And Auburns defense last year isnt even in the same stratosphere as this years LSU.

Which loss is worse, OSU to Iowa State or Bama to LSU? Answer please....

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2011, 12:17:11 PM »
Personally, I think the OSU and LSU game would probably be much more entertaining, BUT Bama deserves it. If Bama and OSU have the exact same record, then you have to look at the losses they have and how do those compare. A loss to LSU is much more persuasive than a loss to Iowa State. I would even say Stanford has more of a claim to the BCS NC game than OSU. There only loss was to a high powered Oregon team, which I think everyone would agree that Oregon outclasses Iowa State any day of the week. And throw out the whole "well they(Bama) didnt win the conference" for a minute.Who is to say the top 2 teams cannot be in the same conference? One real positive that may come from this, a real 4-8 team playoff system. Especially if the Bammers win.

The top 2 teams CAN'T be in the same conference. Even if you say "Ok, look, they are the best 2 teams in the country."

Does the 2nd best NFL team go to the superbowl if the 1st best NFL team is in their same conference?

Negatory.

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2011, 12:22:48 PM »
Big F-ing deal. The Coaches of the NCAA Division I voted Bama number 2, not OSU. I would put what they say far above what an analyst on ESPN says. Half of what those guys say is to stir the pot anyway. Ever notice that Lou Holtz and Mark May rarely agree? Hmmm, I wonder why? ::)

Like Devon said, the BCSNCG was put in place for #1 and #2 to play, irregardless of who won what conference. You cant hold it against Bama that they are in the same sub conference as the #1 team. And why anybody thinks OSU will put up a lot of points against LSU is beyond me. Auburn beat an offense better than this years OSU in last years Oregan in the BCSNCG. And Auburns defense last year isnt even in the same stratosphere as this years LSU.

Which loss is worse, OSU to Iowa State or Bama to LSU? Answer please....

It's about you had your chance, very hard to beat the same team twice in a season, and that's a disadvantage for LSU who is clearly #1.  Also, a couple of years ago Utah approved you can beat Bama and Sabien with a good gunning offense, so I'm not so sure Bama would beat OSU, as I'm sure LSU would completely wreck them after 1.5 quarters.  OSU should get their shot.  It's funny grass and in doors, so that's optimal for their offense.    

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2011, 12:28:19 PM »
The top 2 teams CAN'T be in the same conference. Even if you say "Ok, look, they are the best 2 teams in the country."

Does the 2nd best NFL team go to the superbowl if the 1st best NFL team is in their same conference?

Negatory.

That makes ZERO sense. The BCS only says top 2 teams, it does not care from what conference, even if they are the same one. I dont hear anyone saying Bama isnt worthy of being #2, only that they had their chance. And the NFL and CFB are apples and oranges, no need in a comparison. NFL has a little thing called playoffs, CFB doesnt.

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2011, 12:31:26 PM »
That makes ZERO sense. The BCS only says top 2 teams, it does not care from what conference, even if they are the same one. I dont hear anyone saying Bama isnt worthy of being #2, only that they had their chance. And the NFL and CFB are apples and oranges, no need in a comparison. NFL has a little thing called playoffs, CFB doesnt.

By my understanding, OSU built up enough points after blowing out Oklahoma 44-10 to pass Bama in the rankings, so who figured Bama was clearly number 2? 

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2011, 12:32:17 PM »
It's about you had your chance, very hard to beat the same team twice in a season, and that's a disadvantage for LSU who is clearly #1.  Also, a couple of years ago Utah approved you can beat Bama and Sabien with a good gunning offense, so I'm not so sure Bama would beat OSU, as I'm sure LSU would completely wreck them after 1.5 quarters.  OSU should get their shot.  It's funny grass and in doors, so that's optimal for their offense.    

Worse loss, OSU to Iowa State or Bama to LSU?

None of this 4 years ago BS, beating a team twice in a season, indoor play, etc. None of that matters...none.

Worse loss, OSU to Iowa State or Bama to LSU? Thats all that matters with two equally matched 1 loss teams.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2011, 12:33:05 PM »
If the BCS had playoffs, Alabama wouldn't even qualify because they didn't win their conference.

If you don't win your conference, you should not be in the national championship game... PERIOD.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2011, 12:35:07 PM »
By my understanding, OSU built up enough points after blowing out Oklahoma 44-10 to pass Bama in the rankings, so who figured Bama was clearly number 2? 

Your understanding is wrong then. The Coaches poll, AP poll and Harris poll ALL had Bama # 2. All of them. I'm no Bama fan, far from it. But this crap of OSU getting robbed is that, crap.

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2011, 12:35:33 PM »
Worse loss, OSU to Iowa State or Bama to LSU?

None of this 4 years ago BS, beating a team twice in a season, indoor play, etc. None of that matters...none.

Worse loss, OSU to Iowa State or Bama to LSU? Thats all that matters with two equally matched 1 loss teams.

LSU had 2 loses and got a National Title vs teams with one lost, so what difference does it make if OSU got upset on the road?  They still came back and took their conference cleaning house with Oklahoma and got the points to move into #2.  Who the fuck decided to keep them at #3, because margin for the Okie game would put them at #2?  

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2011, 12:39:42 PM »
If the BCS had playoffs, Alabama wouldn't even qualify because they didn't win their conference.

If you don't win your conference, you should not be in the national championship game... PERIOD.

Well they dont, so the rest of your statement does not matter.  You dont like it, write your local SEC school president and get it changed. Good luck :D

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2011, 12:41:16 PM »
LSU had 2 loses and got a National Title vs teams with one lost, so what difference does it make if OSU got upset on the road?  They still came back and took their conference cleaning house with Oklahoma and got the points to move into #2.  Who the fuck decided to keep them at #3, because margin for the Okie game would put them at #2?  

None of this matters, answer the question please.

Worse loss, OSU to Iowa Stae or Bama to LSU?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2011, 12:41:37 PM »
Well they dont, so the rest of your statement does not matter.  You dont like it, write your local SEC school president and get it changed. Good luck :D

No, because I didn't bring up playoffs... YOU did.

I'm simply saying that if you don't win your conference you shouldn't get a BCS national championship spot.

That's got NOTHING to do with playoffs.

Your comment in bold is quite ridiculous.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2011, 12:45:30 PM »
No, because I didn't bring up playoffs... YOU did.

I'm simply saying that if you don't win your conference you shouldn't get a BCS national championship spot.

That's got NOTHING to do with playoffs.

Your comment in bold is quite ridiculous.

It was meant to be ridiculous, sarcasm anyone. I did bring up playoffs as a way of not letting this happen again and because this system always has someone not happy with the outcome. The BCS rules only are for the #1 and #2 team, the conference does not matter. Hell, OSU had the best record in the Big 12, but they had no Big 12 Championship game this year, so what about that?