Author Topic: Christmas Gifts  (Read 3944 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Christmas Gifts
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2011, 05:05:24 PM »
Christmas is banned in the states, have you not been paying attention  ::)

The jewish holiday hanukkah, is top of the list for the White house annual celebrations, just don't ask to put up a Christmas tree, or you will have the 'ACU' or the 'ADL' on you with lawyers quicker than you can say "but it's Christmas!!"

PT

Send the ACLU over to my house then. I actually put up the Christmas tree last weekend, surprising my family since I normally get around to getting it up a day or two before Christmas. Not only that, I have a couple of lit wreaths and lit "porch" Christmas trees as you come up to the front door. Yikes! I think you can see them from the street. The ACLU will have no trouble finding our house. There biggest problem will be the overload from the neighborhood which is plastered is Christmas lights and decorations. Maybe we'll cut a break for being so reserved with our Christmas display.

Last Tuesday we hosted a "holiday" luncheon. I refused to call it that, just so you know; I called it like I saw it, Christmas luncheon. Everyone who came, and there were a lot of attendees, brought an unwrapped Christmas gift for a needy child. We also passed the hat for money to buy Christmas baskets for families down on their luck with the downturn in the economy.

The only folks in our neighborhood who are safe from a visit from the ACLU, I guess, is the one house up the street that has a menorah in their kitchen window which faces the street.  ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2011, 06:49:12 PM »
LOL I do the same thing, I always say this is the year Im going to get the tree early.

Christmas next week and I still dont have a tree...:(

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
  • Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2011, 10:33:34 PM »

Send the ACLU over to my house then. I actually put up the Christmas tree last weekend, surprising my family since I normally get around to getting it up a day or two before Christmas. Not only that, I have a couple of lit wreaths and lit "porch" Christmas trees as you come up to the front door. Yikes! I think you can see them from the street. The ACLU will have no trouble finding our house. There biggest problem will be the overload from the neighborhood which is plastered is Christmas lights and decorations. Maybe we'll cut a break for being so reserved with our Christmas display.

Last Tuesday we hosted a "holiday" luncheon. I refused to call it that, just so you know; I called it like I saw it, Christmas luncheon. Everyone who came, and there were a lot of attendees, brought an unwrapped Christmas gift for a needy child. We also passed the hat for money to buy Christmas baskets for families down on their luck with the downturn in the economy.

The only folks in our neighborhood who are safe from a visit from the ACLU, I guess, is the one house up the street that has a menorah in their kitchen window which faces the street.  ;D

So, you live on public land, huh?? Woo, how's that working out for you??

PT
Growth/noob loves me

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2011, 11:30:10 AM »
So, you live on public land, huh?? Woo, how's that working out for you??

PT

Ever hear of eminent domain? My property is private for now.

Here is a video of the lighting of the National Christmas tree on the Whitehouse lawn. Just where was that minorah placed anyway? I can't seem to spot it in this video.

Here is a photo of the National Christmas tree with a star on the top.

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
  • Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2011, 10:39:03 PM »
Ever hear of eminent domain? My property is private for now.

Here is a video of the lighting of the National Christmas tree on the Whitehouse lawn. Just where was that minorah placed anyway? I can't seem to spot it in this video.

Here is a photo of the National Christmas tree with a star on the top.

I live in India so I am not the expert here. That is why I posted this = for debate.
What year was that pic taken?? & if the intel in the vid proves spurious I will be the 1'st to publicly discredit BN.

PT
Growth/noob loves me

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2011, 11:46:10 PM »
I live in India so I am not the expert here. That is why I posted this = for debate.
What year was that pic taken?? & if the intel in the vid proves spurious I will be the 1'st to publicly discredit BN.

PT

The daytime photo of the National Christmas Tree could be any year because they all look similar and have been at the same location on the White House grounds every year since 1923. One may interpert the text accompanying the photo to mean this particular photo is from 1978. There are photos of the 2011 Christmas tree. All the photos I found are night time photos but the tree, as I said before, looks about the same.

The video I posted of the tree lighting is current.

The National Hanukkah Menorah is also lit on the White House grounds Ellipse. Lighting The National Menorah began in 1979. The National Menorah is on the left side while the National Christmas Tree is on the right side, looking towards the White House portico.