Author Topic: Christmas Gifts  (Read 3943 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Christmas Gifts
« on: December 04, 2011, 11:57:20 PM »
What gifts are you giving for Christmas and who are you gifting this year for Christmas?

I'll start with what my wife and I did today because it felt so good to do it.

My wife took several Christmas gift tags off the giving tree at church the other day. I did the same at the gym, where there is a giving tree. Additionally, we are hosting a Christmas luncheon next week. Everyone who comes brings an unwrapped toy or game for a child which are then distributed to young folks who otherwise may not have much of a Christmas.

Today, we shopped for kids whose Christmas wishes we picked to grant. We made a point of picking teenagers because we decided they may be more likely to be overlooked at Christmas. One of the tags I picked was for a 14 year old boy who wanted Oregon Ducks PJ's. Another tag I had was for a ten year old girl who wanted bath accessories. Another was for a teenage boy who wanted a gift card at a local store. For the Christmas luncheon gifts, I picked out a couple of classic board games that anyone from age 8 and up could play. All told, we didn't spend a fortune but hopefully these Christmas gifts we selected will make some young people a little happier this Christmas.

So if you were wondering what you could do this Christmas to make someones day a little better, think about giving a needy child a present. I guarantee it will make you feel good. You  don't have to spend a fortune, Any gift is better then a Christmas where a child feels completely forgotten.

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
  • Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
Re: Christmas Gifts
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 03:58:35 AM »
What gifts are you giving for Christmas and who are you gifting this year for Christmas?

My wife took several Christmas gift tags off the giving tree at church the other day. I did the same at the gym, where there is a giving tree. Additionally, we are hosting a Christmas luncheon next week. Everyone who comes brings an unwrapped toy or game for a child which are then distributed to young folks who otherwise may not have much of a Christmas.

Today, we shopped for kids whose Christmas wishes we picked to grant. We made a point of picking teenagers because we decided they may be more likely to be overlooked at Christmas. One of the tags I picked was for a 14 year old boy who wanted Oregon Ducks PJ's. Another tag I had was for a ten year old girl who wanted bath accessories. Another was for a teenage boy who wanted a gift card at a local store. For the Christmas luncheon gifts, I picked out a couple of classic board games that anyone from age 8 and up could play. All told, we didn't spend a fortune but hopefully these Christmas gifts we selected will make some young people a little happier this Christmas.

So if you were wondering what you could do this Christmas to make someones day a little better, think about giving a needy child a present. I guarantee it will make you feel good. You  don't have to spend a fortune, Any gift is better then a Christmas where a child feels completely forgotten.

Christmas is anti-Semitic!! It has now been officially banned in the US.

In answer to yuor question = fuck all.
I have, for years now, hated the fake incentive to indulge in consumerism every 25'th Dec. It would always catch up with me though (due to family pressure) & I would have to go through the hated experience of going to the mall on the 23'rd of Dec to buy fucking gifts for people who can buy their own shit, & will no doubt think what I have brought them is shit anyway. What a waste of good money.
& all just so the high street can have it's anal P/A, record income.
What a bunch of led sheep most cretins are.
If you have kids/grand kids, I will look the other way, if not = FUCK YOU!!

I now live in India & am looking FWD to another year when it is just the 25'th Dec, I worked all day last year  :D
Bah-fucking-humbug

PT
Growth/noob loves me

w8m8

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 04:07:24 AM »

seems like this is all more about what YOU get out of it

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 08:25:24 AM »
Tupperwares with 500 kcal each of boneless skinless unseasoned chicken breast, brown rice, and raw brocoli.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 08:44:15 AM »

Fuk christmas  ::)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 12:49:01 PM »
Christmas is anti-Semitic!! It has now been officially banned in the US.

In answer to yuor question = fuck all.
I have, for years now, hated the fake incentive to indulge in consumerism every 25'th Dec. It would always catch up with me though (due to family pressure) & I would have to go through the hated experience of going to the mall on the 23'rd of Dec to buy fucking gifts for people who can buy their own shit, & will no doubt think what I have brought them is shit anyway. What a waste of good money.
& all just so the high street can have it's anal P/A, record income.
What a bunch of led sheep most cretins are.
If you have kids/grand kids, I will look the other way, if not = FUCK YOU!!

I now live in India & am looking FWD to another year when it is just the 25'th Dec, I worked all day last year  :D
Bah-fucking-humbug

PT

Whew! I do have kids and grandkids so I guess you can look the other way.

My kids and grandkids will have a nice Christmas whether Gramps and Nana buy them a bunch of shit or not because they are relatively well off (we send money to the grandkids in Germany because they are of an age when they like to pick out their own stuff and sometimes the postage is almost as expensive as the presents we used to send even using an APO. Our other grandson lives with us. He has so much stuff, it would be hard to know what to get him for Christmas. We ask him what he wants. Usually it's a book.

My family thinks I am like Scrooge because I don't like Christmas shopping at all. For one, I have a phobia about being in crowds. I actually suffer panic attacks if I get into a really crowded situation. Another thing, I don't like malls or major department stores to shop at because everything is so commercialized and then there are all those other sheep trying to out shop one another.

I don't string Christmas lights on the house either. I'll hang a large wreath by the front door and maybe string a few lights in it to brighten the entry. I put up the tree never longer than a week before Christmas and we always take it down on the Epiphany, which is also my wife's birthday.

The little forray into Christmas giving I described earlier, took my wife and I all of an hour and a big box store. I can manage that.

Chances are my wife and I will give each other a kiss for Christmas. Neither of us needs anything.

The big thing in the U.S. where I live, is this black Friday nonsense. Stores opened at 12:01 a.m. and all those little lambs were dutifully lined up waiting to part with their Christmas cash or credit. The day you see me in one of those lines waiting to shop is the day the world will come to an end. It's never going to happen.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 01:00:06 PM »

seems like this is all more about what YOU get out of it

I don't deny that it is about what we get out of it at all. We won't see the kids open their presents so we will miss that part, but we can hope what we bought them will make their Christmas a little brighter. The kids will never know who we are, so it's not like we expect a thank you note or other acknowledgement.

I don't like getting presents at Christmas, but I do like giving them. So yes, you are absolutely right, buying presents for needy kids gives my wife and I good feelings. I see nothing wrong with this at all. What's the alternative?

My reason for posting about this gifting idea was as a suggestion to others, not because I expect kudos for doing this or anything. Christmas is a time of giving for some of us. This is just one way one can experience this.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 03:56:49 PM »
Christmas is for kids. If I want something or want to give something I don't wait until Christmas.
T

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 02:50:57 AM »
This is Christmas these days.

It's not as if people don't know where the trinkets that they find on the shelves come from. The fact that they come form slave labor is hardly a dirty little secret anymore.

Yet people carry on with this charade regardless, spend some more $'s & keep the illusion of normality going for as long as possible.
The debt bubble will of course explode in the very near future & make this impossible, because - There may be trouble ahead
But while there's music & moonlight & love & romance
Let's face the music & dance

Before the fiddlers have fled
Before they ask us to pay the bill & while we still have the chance

Soon we'll be without the moon, humming a different tune & then
There may be teardrops to shed
So while there's moonlight & music & love & romance

How relevant are those lyrics?? = VERY

PT
Growth/noob loves me

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 09:57:29 AM »
This is Christmas these days.

It's not as if people don't know where the trinkets that they find on the shelves come from. The fact that they come form slave labor is hardly a dirty little secret anymore.

Yet people carry on with this charade regardless, spend some more $'s & keep the illusion of normality going for as long as possible.
The debt bubble will of course explode in the very near future & make this impossible, because - There may be trouble ahead
But while there's music & moonlight & love & romance

Before the fiddlers have fled
Before they ask us to pay the bill & while we still have the chance

Soon we'll be without the moon, humming a different tune & then
There may be teardrops to shed
So while there's moonlight & music & love & romance

PT

IDIOT ???

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 10:00:05 AM »
IDIOT ???

Suck my fucking dick. You fucking squaddies are a joke.
You would want to fight a car if it looked at you funny  ::)

mate, you are a shambles.

PT
Growth/noob loves me

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011, 10:04:29 AM »
 ??? IDIOT

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 10:10:21 AM »

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2011, 10:11:00 AM »
Growth/noob loves me

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 10:13:36 AM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 10:51:22 AM »

Great song from a great era for songwriting. Lyrics like these are hard to find today.

Incidentally, Pillowtalk, it is bad form to answer your own questions. LOL!

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 11:00:02 AM »
Great song from a great era for songwriting. Lyrics like these are hard to find today.

Incidentally, Pillowtalk, it is bad form to answer your own questions. LOL!

Questions  ???

PT
Growth/noob loves me

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 05:36:19 PM »
Questions  ???

PT

PT

This seems like you are asking the question about the lyrics and then answering it....am I wrong? Really, it is no big deal anyway. You were just trying to make a point about the lyrics. I get that.

I paid you a compliment because it amazed me you'd even think or know of these lyrics. After all they are even before my time. Funny that you would zone in on the suggestion and not the compliment. See....you do need to smile more, as in lighten up.

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2011, 08:11:54 PM »
This seems like you are asking the question about the lyrics and then answering it....am I wrong? Really, it is no big deal anyway. You were just trying to make a point about the lyrics. I get that.

I paid you a compliment because it amazed me you'd even think or know of these lyrics. After all they are even before my time. Funny that you would zone in on the suggestion and not the compliment. See....you do need to smile more, as in lighten up.

I missed both, that fact that you paid me a compliment, & the answering of my own question.
Must have had a brain fog last night, it was past 00.00 when I posted that  ;)

PT
Growth/noob loves me

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, 09:33:58 PM »
I missed both, that fact that you paid me a compliment, & the answering of my own question.
Must have had a brain fog last night, it was past 00.00 when I posted that  ;)

PT

Cool....It's not like I ever misread a post myself. LOL!

Just so you are absolutely clear, your posting those lyrics made you a numero uno in my book! I've posted lyrics to better express how I was feeling myself in the past. I feel like you and I just stepped a little closer on our paths to set this fucking world straight.

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2011, 03:27:17 AM »
Another of Dee's pictures that speak a 1000 words.
Happy fucking Christmas  :-X

PT
Growth/noob loves me

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 03:49:21 PM »
Looking though our check register today, I noticed my wife and daughter spent about $65 yesterday on Christmas presents for our two dogs. People say the joy is in giving. Well, I certainly hope so because unless my wife and daughter know something I don't about our dogs, they don't know Christmas from Easter.

Guess that basket of dog toys in the corner of the dining room will be even more overflowing after Dan and Lucy open their Christmas presents....oh wait, dogs can't open Christmas presents, guess we'll have to do that for them too. LOL.

My wife asked for a mandoline-slicer and a nutmeg grater for Christmas. I guess this makes up for her spending money on the dogs since these aren't exactly big ticket items.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 04:17:57 PM »
^^^
Thought you were an Atheist?

newmom

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2011, 04:37:49 PM »
I tried to cut back but it's hard with the little one. I have tried to instill in her their are children who don't even have enough to eat let alone ONE present. She gets it, I think. I don't want a thing. My family ask, I say give to nugget or donate food to a family that needs it. I've got a roof over my head, a car, a healthy and happy child. I have all I want

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2011, 04:47:29 PM »
Christmas is banned in the states, have you not been paying attention  ::)

The jewish holiday hanukkah, is top of the list for the White house annual celebrations, just don't ask to put up a Christmas tree, or you will have the 'ACLU' or the 'ADL' on you with lawyers quicker than you can say "but it's Christmas!!"

PT
Growth/noob loves me