Author Topic: It's time for Ron Paul to leave the republican party.  (Read 1100 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
It's time for Ron Paul to leave the republican party.
« on: December 05, 2011, 02:15:43 PM »
I get what he was trying to do but it's fucking buttface obvious the dumbshits don't get it and never will.  This is his last shot to make a real statement and he's not going to do that by staying a republican.  He needs to go it on his own independent or third party from here on out.  JMO. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: It's time for Ron Paul to leave the republican party.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 02:26:35 PM »
I get what he was trying to do but it's fucking buttface obvious the dumbshits don't get it and never will.  This is his last shot to make a real statement and he's not going to do that by staying a republican.  He needs to go it on his own independent or third party from here on out.  JMO. 

And give the race to that criminal mafia don Obama?  No thanks - even he said he does not want to do that. 

Sorry Bro - there is simply not enough disaffected "progressives" to make a difference.   plus, most
H A T E   RP.  Go look on DU and HP - they call him a racist, a crank, etc. 

A third party in the electoral college system is simply not workable. 

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 02:26:51 PM »
Not so sure about this... Ron Paul might not win the nomination, but he's accomplished a lot. He's brought SERIOUS libertarian politics into the Republican Party. His role is to stay within the GOP and continue doing what he's doing there. If someone wants to run third party/independent, then it's up to them to make the most out of it.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 02:28:36 PM »

And give the race to that criminal mafia don Obama?  No thanks - even he said he does not want to do that. 

Sorry Bro - there is simply not enough disaffected "progressives" to make a difference.   plus, most
H A T E   RP.  Go look on DU and HP - they call him a racist, a crank, etc. 

A third party in the electoral college system is simply not workable. 

If the GOP nominee is defeated because a serious constitutionalist/libertarian/conservative stole their base, how will that change the quality of the candidates that the GOP puts out?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 02:30:25 PM »
dumbshit repubs voting fr anyone but ronpaul deserve to be lubed up and subjected to 4 more years of obama.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 02:34:47 PM »
dumbshit repubs voting fr anyone but ronpaul deserve to be lubed up and subjected to 4 more years of obama.

Most people want obama gone first and foremost.  Just like I said very early on that the way to beat obama is to go like a bat out of hell against him - that is why Newt rose ahead of RP.

Ron Paul needs to start attacking Obama directly and forcefully and be specific what he will do. 

Just like mcCain "we have nothing to fear from a obama presidency" was a complete  W T F - so is it that any panzi ass repub playing nicey nice will go down in flames.     

The "statesman" bs is pure bs.   People want a fighter and someone who is going to take on obama full steam ahead, not be some meally mouthed pussy.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 04:27:28 PM »
Not so sure about this... Ron Paul might not win the nomination, but he's accomplished a lot. He's brought SERIOUS libertarian politics into the Republican Party. His role is to stay within the GOP and continue doing what he's doing there. If someone wants to run third party/independent, then it's up to them to make the most out of it.
He started the injection of libertarianism into the GOP, but after 08, it didn't take them long to hijack the movement he started.  The original tea party movement motivated by Paul has little in common with what we see today from them.  Probably why Ron Paul backed off a bit from them.

At this point, it's clear, Paul is not going to win the nomination.  If he goes independent he has a chance to really cause some hardcore shifts in the republican party even if they don't like it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 04:33:11 PM »
shit is rigged more than you all like to believe.  If you have a card to play, play it.  Paul has had a long life and doesn't have anything to lose at this point... Play the card...  Best chance right now.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 05:14:07 PM »
Stupid. Quotes like these coming from people who voted for Obama and at one point supported him make me believe that they're just running interference to get him reelected.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 05:35:50 PM »
cool name change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 05:37:58 PM »
Stupid. Quotes like these coming from people who voted for Obama and at one point supported him make me believe that they're just running interference to get him reelected.

I don't actually believe you think that is what I'm doing.  I think you've been on this board long enough to know I fucking want to see Obama politically buried.  The guy is lock stock and barrel a fucking traitor to everything he promised while running for office.  I don't want to see him get a second term and I don't think that Paul leaving the party equals that.  I think if Paul runs independent he'll come out close to 18% at worst or best and about half of that coming from disenchanted leftwing voters which there are more of than 3333 gives credit to... Hell there are several on this board alone that would identify with that.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 05:43:45 PM »
cool name change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FURY!!!! lol....  It's much better than BerzerkFury :P

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 05:47:29 PM »
that name is badass.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 05:55:08 PM »
;D

I pulled up my overalls, velcro'd my sneakers and decided it was time for a big boy name change. I've got King Avidan (pbuh) on speed-dial so it was easy enough.

I don't actually believe you think that is what I'm doing.  I think you've been on this board long enough to know I fucking want to see Obama politically buried.  The guy is lock stock and barrel a fucking traitor to everything he promised while running for office.  I don't want to see him get a second term and I don't think that Paul leaving the party equals that.  I think if Paul runs independent he'll come out close to 18% at worst or best and about half of that coming from disenchanted leftwing voters which there are more of than 3333 gives credit to... Hell there are several on this board alone that would identify with that.

Nah, I was just trolling. I think you make a good point actually. Paul will certainly steal away democrats and independents from Obama. Who knows, might be a good thing.

This country is in dire need of more than two legitimate parties. If there were multiple parties that were able to win seats in congress or even win the presidency, then the two parties we have right now might be held more accountable for their actions when they're bounced from office.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 05:58:48 PM »
The Libertarian party just doesn't have the infrastructure to make a huge dent on the national level.  He's far better positioned to bring change/issues, etc., to the forefront by staying with the party.  I'm not ready to write him off for the nomination yet, simply based on the grassroots campaign that he's put together in Iowa and South Carolina.  Of course, he's always been a long shot.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 06:38:30 PM »
You can't base a party based on 74 year old man.   What happens when he leaves ? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2011, 06:47:57 PM »
What happens when he leaves ?  
his boy dummy ;)

Overall it's actually a pretty big movement he started, counting part of the tea party folks.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2011, 10:14:26 PM »
He should leave the Republican Party, because he doesn't believe in the party.  He refuses to support and/or endorse the nominee.  He's not a loyal Republican.  

But really, it doesn't matter.  He's not going to be the nominee and isn't running for reelection in Texas, so his elective office career is over.

He could do well by continuing to talk about fiscal discipline when the campaign is over.    

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 10:15:49 PM »
The Libertarian party just doesn't have the infrastructure to make a huge dent on the national level. 

They don't have the infrastructure or the numbers.  Libertarians hold a minority view in this country. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2011, 11:50:40 AM »
They don't have the infrastructure or the numbers.  Libertarians hold a minority view in this country. 

Maybe buth they can get votes from both sides

Freeborn126

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2011, 02:08:58 PM »
I think he'd have a chance as a 3rd party candidate if he was running against Obama/Gingrich.  Those two are so undesirable that Paul could actually win 34% of the vote
Live free or die