Author Topic: Worst storyline?  (Read 3647 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Worst storyline?
« on: December 05, 2011, 03:12:41 PM »
Katie Vick comes to mind, what have been some of the worst.....

Storylines only....

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Worst storyline?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 03:37:08 PM »
Mae Young birthing a hand.
WTF was that about? ???

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 06:29:02 PM »
I agree with that. How about Big Shows dad dying and Big Bossman hooking the casket up to his truck and big show jumping on top of it. Or when they were pulling stuff out of Jim Ross's ass after is colon surgery.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 06:47:54 PM »
I agree with that. How about Big Shows dad dying and Big Bossman hooking the casket up to his truck and big show jumping on top of it.

Ha!!
I honestly just thought of that the other day.
Although, I only vaguely remember the Ross vignet.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 11:55:59 AM »
The big boss man casket was ok.

How about Raw GM, oh wait that never concluded.

How about David Arquette as Champ?

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 02:51:40 PM »
Marc Henry boinking Mae Young.

The Fingerpoke of Doom.

Numerous Dusty Rhodes storylines being betrayed by someone he had "taken under his wing"

Rick Steiner breaking out of "The Varsity Club"
~

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 04:53:21 PM »
The ventriloquist dummy assigned to the Road Warriors & Ellering in WWF.
Also, WCW had Rick Steiner engage in an actual on-air conversation with the Chucky doll from the Child's Play movies...

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 05:18:34 PM »
Shall we not forget Moppy?

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 06:27:09 AM »
Billy & Chuck being closet gays, Mae Young birthing a hand, Robocop & Sting, David Arquette being WHC, Heidenreich being in LOD, The Bodydonnas, Umaga's push as unbeatable (i absolutely hated it! HATED IT!)...........

This is actually quite distressing remembering all of these awful moments in history.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 02:08:30 PM »
Billy & Chuck being closet gays, Mae Young birthing a hand, Robocop & Sting, David Arquette being WHC, Heidenreich being in LOD, The Bodydonnas, Umaga's push as unbeatable (i absolutely hated it! HATED IT!)...........

This is actually quite distressing remembering all of these awful moments in history.

I almost posted the Billy & Chuck angle, but it actually drew some attention/publicity.
It still sucked, though.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 07:27:09 PM »
Always hated when they had a very promising tag-team in Mid-Atlantic "The New Breed" get bogged down in fued with Valiant and had them ranting about being from the future and quoting transformers stuff.  They didn't need that stupid angle.  Then one of them was injured in a motorcycle accident and that was that.  Sean Royal and Chris Champion were their names at that time.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 01:54:20 AM »
Always hated when they had a very promising tag-team in Mid-Atlantic "The New Breed" get bogged down in fued with Valiant and had them ranting about being from the future and quoting transformers stuff.  They didn't need that stupid angle.  Then one of them was injured in a motorcycle accident and that was that.  Sean Royal and Chris Champion were their names at that time.

I remember that.  It was frustrating.
~

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 01:57:11 AM »
WCW with the Taskmaster Kevin Sullivan.  Kevin had wrestlers following him like they were in a trance through the woods while dressed in there wrestling outfits eventually going to a cave

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 02:33:36 PM »
How about fake Diesel and Razor...

Interesting story, when Hall and Nash went to WCW their contracts had not been finalized. Someone in WCW saw the Jim Ross promos talking about Razor and DIesel coming back. So basically both Nash and Hall got an extra $400K sign on bonus becuase this WCW exec thought they were going back to WWF.  And when the fakes aired, the WCW exec had egg all over his face...

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 08:15:17 PM »
WWE's necrophiliac storyline a few years back

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 01:32:27 AM »
Undertaker trying to possess Stephanie McMahon, or whatever...tying her up to that cross, snore.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2012, 05:11:11 AM »
Undertaker trying to possess Stephanie McMahon, or whatever...tying her up to that cross, snore.

Yeah, the whole satanic angle was pretty lame - too unrealistic.
I know that wrestling is "fake," but I think the idea is to blur the line.
Also, the fans just weren't into it.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2012, 09:40:44 AM »

Yeah, the whole satanic angle was pretty lame - too unrealistic.
I know that wrestling is "fake," but I think the idea is to blur the line.
Also, the fans just weren't into it.

Come on though, when Austin mde the save and took out the entire Ministry it was brilliant TV. I still get pumped thinking about it all these years later..........

Paul Bearer: "...you may kiss your bride"
JR: "oh for God sakes!"
(Glass breaks), Austin appears, crowd go ape shit and Austin whoops alot of ass. His comeback against the InvasionAlliance is a 1 off for TV though, perfect from start to finish.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2012, 09:46:24 AM »
Come on though, when Austin mde the save and took out the entire Ministry it was brilliant TV. I still get pumped thinking about it all these years later..........

Paul Bearer: "...you may kiss your bride"
JR: "oh for God sakes!"
(Glass breaks), Austin appears, crowd go ape shit and Austin whoops alot of ass. His comeback against the InvasionAlliance is a 1 off for TV though, perfect from start to finish.

JR's commentary is priceless lol.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2012, 09:52:36 AM »
(Glass breaks), Austin appears, crowd go ape shit and Austin whoops alot of ass.

I'm marking out here, but the sound of that glass shattering makes his entrance music my favorite in all of wrestling history.
Didn't they even have a T-shirt at one point that read: "When You Hear the Glass, It's Vince's Ass?"

I think a lot of other entrance themes generate a pop because of who they belong to, but Austin's was pure bad-assery all by itself.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2012, 09:56:54 AM »

JR's commentary is priceless lol.

Showstopper will disown me for posting this, but JR is the closest thing we have to a modern-day Gordon Solie.

Note: I'm not claiming Ross is the next Solie; just suggesting that he comes closer to Solie than anyone else in the industry in terms of what he adds to the broadcast.
Monsoon was also very good, but no one will ever top Gordon.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2012, 10:15:36 AM »

Showstopper will disown me for posting this, but JR is the closest thing we have to a modern-day Gordon Solie.

Note: I'm not claiming Ross is the next Solie; just suggesting that he comes closer to Solie than anyone else in the industry in terms of what he adds to the broadcast.
Monsoon was also very good, but no one will ever top Gordon.

X2!

Not sure of the reasoning behind the JR hate, always thought he was a dynamic and intelligent speaker and sold great commentary.  Most underrated to me has to be Mr. Schiavone, people can say what they want but he always stood out to me and had sort of a sportscaster feel to his commentary, and gave it a feeling of warmth and professionalism much like Ross. And no, Monsoon being as great as he was will never top Gordon.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 10:56:47 AM »

X2!

Not sure of the reasoning behind the JR hate, always thought he was a dynamic and intelligent speaker and sold great commentary.  Most underrated to me has to be Mr. Schiavone, people can say what they want but he always stood out to me and had sort of a sportscaster feel to his commentary, and gave it a feeling of warmth and professionalism much like Ross. And no, Monsoon being as great as he was will never top Gordon.

Interesting.  i actually think Schiavone is far better than he has been given credit.  He was stooged by WCW during the wars, but his work before that was very solid.  And unless someone knew his work in the late 80's and early 90's in NWA/WCW they wouldn't understand.

As for JR.  Not going to argue that he might be the closest to Gordon that we have.....but who is his competition?  Joey Styles....Coachman....La wler.....oh brother.   ::)   JR was very, very good in the old UWF and WCW, but I have never cared for his WWF work.  Too many "Goooooooood laaaaaards !!!!!!"  For my taste.....but as I have said before, what Gordon had to commentate on was a very different product.  Gives me shivers to think of him lowering himself to cover some of the garbage that VKM has churned out.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2012, 11:06:06 AM »
Interesting.  i actually think Schiavone is far better than he has been given credit.  He was stooged by WCW during the wars, but his work before that was very solid.  And unless someone knew his work in the late 80's and early 90's in NWA/WCW they wouldn't understand.

As for JR.  Not going to argue that he might be the closest to Gordon that we have.....but who is his competition?  Joey Styles....Coachman....La wler.....oh brother.   ::)   JR was very, very good in the old UWF and WCW, but I have never cared for his WWF work.  Too many "Goooooooood laaaaaards !!!!!!"  For my taste.....but as I have said before, what Gordon had to commentate on was a very different product.  Gives me shivers to think of him lowering himself to cover some of the garbage that VKM has churned out.

Good points, and i'm with you on JRs current WWE style with the "gooood laaaaaaards!" and "myyyyy gaaawwwwwds!", sure hes just doing what hes told but it makes the product even harder to watch than it already is. Also dead on about Schiavone too, did very good work in the NWA days, and really didn't change much throughout his career. A top commentator IMO.

And as far as Coachman and Lawler...? Well I really think their styles are specially suited for the product they work with, if it were anywhere else they'd look completely foolish and sound out of place, especially Coachman who shouldn't even be mention here. Commentating then and now is like a day and night difference.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2012, 11:06:27 AM »

I'm marking out here, but the sound of that glass shattering makes his entrance music my favorite in all of wrestling history.
Didn't they even have a T-shirt at one point that read: "When You Hear the Glass, It's Vince's Ass?"

I think a lot of other entrance themes generate a pop because of who they belong to, but Austin's was pure bad-assery all by itself.

Dont forget the legenday BMF walk he had to the ring to go with it ;D