Author Topic: Landlord defaulted and didn't tell me  (Read 4582 times)

jwb

• Getbig V
Re: Landlord defaulted and didn't tell me
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2011, 10:36:31 AM »
If the rent is $2250 then the house is worth no more than $300,000.

Price to rent ratio is a great indicator of true value.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2011, 10:44:19 AM »
home values are only going up

hahahahahhahahahahahah!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!!!

;D

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2011, 10:46:11 AM »
define "buyers market"

everything on the market is getting dozens of buyers and selling at or above asking price

ahahaahhahahahahahahahaa hahhahahahah!!!

;D ;D ;D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2011, 10:55:14 AM »
If the rent is $2250 then the house is worth no more than $300,000.

Price to rent ratio is a great indicator of true value.

Agreed.  It can rent for at least $2500.  Great neighborhood, but there are a few other purchase options up here that would have better resale value, IMO.  The one I had my eye on for a long time just closed at $375K.  They snuck in and got that one, as I never even saw anyone looking at it. 

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2011, 12:28:06 PM »
:(

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2011, 01:19:27 PM »
Tre just occupy it, you could even get the occupy movement to setup camp in front of it to protect you.  They are doing this now, they are american heros, contact them.

TEAM Nasser

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2011, 01:21:00 PM »
That's great in your eden.  Try the other 99.5% of the country. 
me and tre live close by

ahahaahhahahahahahahahaa hahhahahahah!!!

;D ;D ;D
you must live somewhere shitty

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2011, 01:58:06 PM »

You must be a realtor because that is a delusional/moronic statement.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2011, 02:36:18 PM »
Actually, he did finally tell me that he'd defaulted on the mortgage, but he withheld that information for almost 2 years until the foreclosure sale was 60 days away.  No, he wasn't legally obligated to inform me that he'd stopped paying on my studio/office, but I am ticked off.

I went to the public auction last week, but no bid was entered, so it went back to the bank at $345K.  A couple of people had stopped by the property and one seemed like a serious buyer who hoped it could be leased out right away, but his group decided against it.

At this time, I'm squatting on the property.  The bank says they'll pay me to vacate, but haven't given me an amount yet.  

But even though it would mean taking on another 30-year mortgage, there's a part of me that wants to buy the property for less than one-half of what the original asshole owner paid, just to piss him off...especially since the monthly nut would be about the same.  

From a business perspective, it is a reasonable, long-term investment.  
Soon it's going to be a giant free for all.
Well, life is always a free for all, but let's say it will be a tougher than usual free for all , especially for those who dont have much money.  

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2011, 04:25:41 PM »
me and tre live close by
 you must live somewhere shitty

Johns Creek, GA

Google it dick weed.

littlechris

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2011, 05:41:53 PM »
central valley california bro, houses are dirt cheap, prices bottomed out about mid last year.. been rising slowly for a while now, markets flooded with buyers looking to invest

Yeah, central valley in california is SHIT, i live there! The nations top 5 most broke, unemployed cities are in californias central valley!! Unless you are a prison worker,farm laborer, or work in the oilfields, there are NO jobs! Sure you can find "great" deals on huge houses, but there arent any jobs to be able to make the mortgage.

-C

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2011, 05:44:24 PM »
Can't give you advice.
Hope it somehow turns out good for you.
Damn honest advices right there

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2011, 05:55:21 PM »
When you rent, you're at the mercy of the owner. What the owner did by not telling you was smart on his end. Those checks he was getting from you went right in his pocket.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2011, 12:53:50 AM »
When you rent, you're at the mercy of the owner. What the owner did by not telling you was smart on his end. Those checks he was getting from you went right in his pocket.
Tre didn't get ripped off the bank did.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2011, 04:38:40 AM »

Yeah, my agreement with the landlord for years 4 & 5 were optional, so he essentially opted out.  Was it unethical not to inform me?  Perhaps, but I don't blame him for protecting himself. 

The bank is offering me $5000 to move out by Jan 3rd. 

newmom

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2011, 07:47:41 AM »
Tre, I'd try to initiate or your agent a short sale. Bank will have to maintain the property, taxes, bla bla...Try to offer 300k see if they bite. Banks need to dump these bank owned properties.

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2011, 12:29:20 PM »

banks rip people off all the time, take their houses unjustly, you are defending banks HAHAHAHHAHHAHA they are the devil!
TEAM Nasser

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2011, 04:06:35 PM »

I've yet to see a bank get ripped off.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2011, 04:10:57 PM »
banks rip people off all the time, take their houses unjustly, you are defending banks HAHAHAHHAHHAHA they are the devil!

The rich/super rich are known for ripping people off all the time. Esp. the small guy. They will let the small guy try to take them to court and get them all fucked up with paper work and even settle without going to court for a much smaller amount. I've heard Walmart is notorious for doing this. Michael Jackson was said to have at least 50 lawsuits going against him at any given time. He just didn't pay his bills.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2011, 10:31:56 AM »

ummm. no they're not. Home values have yet to hit bottom. it's really ugly out there in the housing market, I dont care what state it is. So many people are defaulting on their mortgage because they can't rationalize paying thousands in interest every month without building equity. Why invest thousands of dollars every month in a depreciating asset?? Foreclosures numbers will continue to climb in the years ahead and home prices will continue to plummet. There will be tremendous buying opportunites for years to come.

The next big shoe to drop? Defaults on business bank loans. It's quite depressing to drive into downtown Baltimore and see 50% of the big buildings across the skyline with 'for lease' signs hanging from the 50th floor windows.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2011, 11:22:55 AM »
ummm. no they're not. Home values have yet to hit bottom. it's really ugly out there in the housing market, I dont care what state it is. So many people are defaulting on their mortgage because they can't rationalize paying thousands in interest every month without building equity. Why invest thousands of dollars every month in a depreciating asset?? Foreclosures numbers will continue to climb in the years ahead and home prices will continue to plummet. There will be tremendous buying opportunites for years to come.

The next big shoe to drop? Defaults on business bank loans. It's quite depressing to drive into downtown Baltimore and see 50% of the big buildings across the skyline with 'for lease' signs hanging from the 50th floor windows.
  im very well acquainted with the real estate market in my area and prices hit bottom 1-2 years ago.

the economy did too. small signs of growth now

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2011, 01:36:43 PM »
  im very well acquainted with the real estate market in my area and prices hit bottom 1-2 years ago.

the economy did too. small signs of growth now

It's all relative but on a national scale, home prices are still dropping. Some regions in the U.S. might have leveled off and held steady but as a whole, this housing market is not improving whatsoever. It's still completely fucked. There wiill still be great bargains 5-7 years from now even for people who foreclosed on their previous homes. The housing market makes up close to 30% of the U.S. economy.

Where do you see improvement? In the job market? LOL. Don't be misled by the private sector numbers.

newmom

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2011, 01:39:31 PM »
Up, I'm a real estate paralegal and you're right on the money. The amount of short sale files I have is nuts. Reverse Mtgs are well on the rise also.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2011, 01:54:01 PM »
Up, I'm a real estate paralegal and you're right on the money. The amount of short sale files I have is nuts. Reverse Mtgs are well on the rise also.

There are at least 3 homes on my block going up for short sale, including mine. I'm upside down by almost $90,000. It's sickening and to keep pumping money into the home is retarded. If I was planning on living the rest of my life in the house, it would be different but it was purchased as an investment with 15% down and I'll NEVER make that money back. As soon as the house is sold, I'm laying low for a few years until I buy again.

It's a joke.

newmom

« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2011, 01:56:40 PM »
There are at least 3 homes on my block going up for short sale, including mine. I'm upside down by almost $90,000. It's sickening and to keep pumping money into the home is retarded. If I was planning on living the rest of my life in the house, it would be different but it was purchased as an investment with 15% down and I'll NEVER make that money back. As soon as the house is sold, I'm laying low for a few years until I buy again.

It's a joke.

sorry to hear this UP.  What about a deed in lieu if the short sale isn't approved. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.  Curious who holds these mortgages on your block.