Author Topic: Transformers 4  (Read 11971 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Transformers 4
« on: December 06, 2011, 08:58:01 PM »
Now it begins...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Lucaxmen/news/?a=50799

Michael Bay In Negotiations To Return For A Fourth TRANSFORMERS Movie
Vulture is reporting that director Michael Bay is in final negotiations for his fourth 'Transformers' movie. Filming could begin as soon as the winter of 2012.

Vulture is reporting that the king of orange/blue lighting and sunsets is about seal up a deal that would bring him back for a fourth Transformers. The director is currently working on a much smaller project, Pain and Gain. It is believe that Pain and Gain isn't very complex and he'll be able to work on pre-production for his fourth rock'em sock'em robots extravaganza while filming Pain.

According to the insiders over at Vulture, director Michael Bay has wanted to adapt Pain and Gain almost since its publication in 1999. The sources says, "Without Pain, there’s no tit for tat. That’s Paramount’s leverage."

Paramount “does not have a closed deal” with Bay yet, but an official announcement could come as early as next week. Details on the next part of the Transformers chapter are still a secret. The site goes to say that it will go deeper into the Transformers mythos, and that it will not be a prequel.

"Regular people might not care about bringing out a character like Sentinel Prime," says one of our insiders, referring to the little-known character who played a major part in last summer’s Transformers: Dark of the Moon, "But believe me, fans of the series cared."

If both projects come to a deal, Bay may start shooting Pain and Gain as early as next spring. After that, he would start filming the new Transformers movie by winter of 2012.

"Spielberg does this all the time," says our insider, "where you’re doing art development and visual effects tests on your next movie while you’re still shooting the current one. The beauty of Michael doing Pain and Gain is that there’s no [technical] complexity to it compared to Transformers."

bradistani

• Getbig V
Re: Transformers 4
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 02:23:34 PM »
well i won't be watching  8)

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 11:29:23 AM »
well i won't be watching  8)

yup.  the last one sucked and since it didn't have Fox in it it sucked even worse.  I've outlawed transformers and Star wars from my home.  miserable pieces of poop

The_Infidel

• Getbig III
  • Professor of Bro-Science
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 02:15:47 PM »
I bummed once they shit-canned Megan Fox.  The plot of these movies was stupid even for a Sci-Fi.  The cartoon was more serious and way cooler.
Come at me Bro!

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 03:59:56 AM »
First one was alright - the next two sucked major monkey nuts.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 08:42:06 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=67633

Michael Bay Hints That TRANSFORMERS 4 Will Continue On From The Last Movie

Previous reports suggested that the fourth Transformers flick would reboot the franchise and feature an entirely new cast of humans and robots, but the man responsible for inflicting upon bringing us the first 3 seems to contradict that..
Mark "RorMachine" Cassidy - 9/21/2012

We all read Michael Bay's statement from a while back, which stated that the third entry in the Transformers franchise - "Dark Of The Moon" - would be his last. Well, it won't be. In an interview with The Huffington Post, the director explains his reasons for returning. It has to do with a them-park ride or something..

After saying that this fourth movie would "probably" be his last one, he reveals that those previous rumors of a whole new start for the franchise may well have been bogus, as he talks a little about the direction the screenplay is going - "We're basically taking from the history of where it was, or where we left it in Chicago, and we're going to carry it on from there." Doesn't sound much like a reboot to me. But it remains unlikely (at least from what we've heard) that any of the old cast members will return, so it seems as if we will get SOME type of new beginning.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2012, 10:00:07 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/L3VITIKUZ293/news/?a=67684

Peter Cullen Will Return To Voice Optimus Prime In TRANSFORMERS 4

Here is some good news for Transformers fans. No, Michael Bay is still directing Transformers 4. The good news is fan favorite and long time voice of Optimus Prime, Peter Cullen, will return to voice Optimus for Transformers 4. Michael Bay was asked whether or not Cullen will return as the voice of Optimus Prime. His response: "Of course! Of course." In other news Bay is still directing Transformers 4.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 01:22:01 PM »
On a related note...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20121017/b347968/

Megan Fox has transformed into one hot mama!

The 26-year-old actress welcomed a baby boy late last month, her first child with husband Brian Austin Green, E! News has exclusively confirmed.

What a couple of secret-keepers! Not that we're surprised...

Fox and Green also stayed entirely mum about their expectant status, which E! News exclusively reported in April.

But once the bump became apparent—and that took some time for the slender Fox—the happy duo got with the program and offered up a sweet baby-on-board pictorial confirmation for an obliging paparazzo.

Fox told Cosmopolitan in April that she's "always been maternal" and that she wants "at least two, probably three kids."

The Friends With Kids actress and her 90210 beau tied the knot in June 2010. Green also has a 10-year-old son, Kassius, from a previous relationship.

Unsuprisingly, there was no immediate comment from either actor's rep on their new addition, but as soon as we learn the name and other birth details, we'll be sure to pass along.

UPDATE 10:50 a.m. PT: About an hour after we broke the story, Fox confirmed the birth on her Facebook page, revealing that son Noah Shannon Green was born on Sept. 27.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 08:29:47 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=69035

TRANSFORMERS 4 To Film In London According To New Casting Call

Mandy.com has posted the following casting call for Michael Bay's fourth and reportedly final Transformers installment, which will begin shooting early next summer. As well as confirming a prior casting call for the movie's two new leads (a high school senior and her race car driver boyfriend), it also reveals that the film will begin production in London for three months beginning in April or May 2013. Transformers 4, which has a release date of June 27th, 2014, will also be filmed in various locations overseas. To apply, click the link below. Many thanks to TFormers.com for the heads up.

Production: TRANSFORMERS 4 (Feature Film)
Employer: BDiscovered
Duration: 3 months, starts approximately April/May 2013 (non-Equity artist contracts)

Director: Michael Bay. Looking for Talent to send to Casting Director - This is a Paramount Pictures production filmed in various locations overseas.

Apply to: Tina Hartery

1. Female / 18-24 yrs. / Any Ethnicity. [Others like this]

FEMALE LEAD - 18 to play high school senior…LEAD ETHNICITY - ANY

2. Male / 18-24 yrs. / Any Ethnicity. [Others like this]

MALE LEAD - Her 20-21 year old boyfriend, raised in Texas & drives racecars…LEAD ETHNICITY - ANY

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 10:16:28 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=69841

Mark Wahlberg Confirmed For TRANSFORMERS 4; Official Logo Unveiled

HOLLYWOOD, CA (November 8, 2012) – After an exceptionally successful collaboration on the upcoming "Pain and Gain," Michael Bay has cast Academy Award®-nominee Mark Wahlberg in the highly anticipated "TRANSFORMERS 4." The film will hit theaters June 27th, 2014.

"Mark is awesome. We had a blast working on "Pain and Gain" and I’m so fired up to be back working with him. An actor of his caliber is the perfect guy to re-invigorate the franchise and carry on the Transformers’ legacy," said Bay.

Bay will direct the next installment in the "TRANSFORMERS" series, which begins shooting next spring. From Paramount Pictures, a division of Viacom, Inc., in association with Hasbro, the film will be produced by Don Murphy & Tom DeSanto, Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Ian Bryce, and executive produced by Steven Spielberg, Bay, Brian Goldner and Mark Vahradian.

Bay’s first "TRANSFORMERS" film was a box office sensation in 2007, opening at #1 and earning more than $700 million worldwide. His second installment "TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN" in 2009 grossed more than $830 million worldwide. In 2011, "TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON" was an even bigger hit worldwide, grossing more than a billion dollars to become the 5th highest grossing film of all time. To date, the franchise has earned more than $2.6 billion worldwide.

From acclaimed director Michael Bay comes "Pain and Gain," a new action comedy starring Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson and Anthony Mackie. Based on the unbelievable true story of three personal trainers in 1990s Miami who, in pursuit of the American Dream, get caught up in a criminal enterprise that goes horribly wrong. Ed Harris, Tony Shalhoub, Rob Corddry, Rebel Wilson, and Bar Paly also star. The film is based on magazine articles by Pete Collins, with a screenplay by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely and produced by Donald DeLine, Michael Bay and Ian Bryce.

"PAIN AND GAIN" opens in theaters everywhere April 26th, 2013.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 10:26:13 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=71140

Brenton Thwaites And Nicola Peltz To Join Mark Wahlberg In TRANSFORMERS 4

According to Twitchfilm, Transformers 4 has found its pair of young co-stars to battle Decepticons alongside Marky Mark. Nicola Peltz (The Last Airbender) is said to have beat Isabelle Cornish, Gabriella Wilde and Margaret Qualley for her role, while Thwaites (soon to be seen in Maleficent) was up against the likes of Luke Grimes, Landon Liboiron, Jack Reynor and Hunter Parrish. Apparently Peltz will play Wahlberg's teenage daughter, and Thwaites her race car driver boyfriend. How super awesome does that sound? The story will revolve around the Transformers blowing up The Great Wall Of China or something.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 09:57:35 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=71321

Mark Wahlberg Talks TRANSFORMERS 4; Says It Will Be “Very Different” From the Previous

In anticipation of his recent thriller Broken City, two-time Oscar-nominated actor Mark Wahlberg talked recently with I Am Rogue and Collider about nabbing the lead role in Michael Bay's fourth installment to the Transformers franchise. Explaining how he was offered the role from his Pain and Gain director, and why he accepted, Wahlberg also says filming starts in May; more precisely:

“...I had a great experience working with Michael. We really hit it off. We complement each other so well on set and we took something that was really good and I think we made something special with Pain and Gain. He said to me (on set), 'What do you think about doing a Transformers movie with me?' I said, 'Well, what do you want me to do? He told me and I said, 'Absolutely!' I think it will be the most challenging role that I’ve played and it’s an opportunity for me to do something extremely different. It’s going to be very different from what the first ones were. I’m excited about it. I talked to Steven Spielberg and I talked to Brian Grazer and I said, 'Don’t worry guys, this is not me taking a paycheck and running with it. This is me trying to … I liked what the guys did with like The Avengers, for instance. When I watched that movie I was not interested in seeing it at all but it was entertaining for me as well as for my kids. I think they did a really good job and we want to do something special with it, so I’m excited about it.”

The temporarily-titled Transformers 4 also stars Nicola Peltz, who's playing Mark Wahlberg's teenage daughter, and Brenton Thwaites as Peltz's boyfriend. And while the film will “absolutely” be Michael Bay's final installment, Transformers 4 is scheduled for release on June 29, 2014.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2012, 11:18:15 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=71435

Michael Bay Denies TRANSFORMERS 4 Script Leak And Casting News

Early this morning, the script for Paramount and Michael Bay's fourth Transformers movie, which has Mark Wahlberg set to star, allegedly leaked online. I won't go into detail about what the script contains, so click HERE if you want to know what it features. Perhaps unsurprisingly, Bay has taken to his official website to report that the script currently going around online is NOT the real screenplay.

"Some Internet sites this morning reported that some document recovery guy has found a legitimate 120 page script of Transformers 4. I can absolutely 100 percent say this is completely false. The only two people in the world that have our unfinished script are Kruger and myself. Also we are only up to page 70 in our T4 script. Maybe this guy has a cartoon or something else – but definitely not our movie!"

Also, earlier this month, it was reported that young actors Nicola Peltz (The Last Airbender) and Brenton Thwaites (Maleficent) were cast as Wahlberg's character's daughter and her race car driver boyfriend, respectively. On December 6th, Bay also denied this on his website. "Actor announcement on some web sites last night about Transformer cast joining Mark are completely false."

With filming set to begin in May, Transformers 4 is set to hit theaters June 27th, 2014.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/D117/news/?a=71412

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 09:07:46 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=72320

TRANSFORMERS 4 Casts Jack Reynor; New Trilogy Confirmed

Shortly after Michael Bay denied recent casting additions to his fourth Transformers movie, young Irish actor Jack Reynor was rumored to be offered a lead role in the upcoming film, which has Mark Wahlberg signed on to star. Now, the director has taken to his official website to confirm that Reynor has been cast in Transformers 4 alongside Wahlberg, calling him "the real deal". He also addresses comments claiming that the four-quel was a reboot of the franchise, saying that the story is a natural transition from the last movie. Finally, Bay confirms that the film, which will be very different from the last three, will be the first of a brand new trilogy.

I just hired a great new actor for Transformers 4 to star against Mark Wahlberg. Jack Reynor, he is an Irish kid that came to America with 30 bucks in his pocket. Pretty ballsy. Seriously, who does that? Anyway I spotted him in a great little Irish movie WHAT RICHARD DID. This kid is the real deal.

Transformers 4 is not a reboot. That word has been floating around on the net.

This movie takes place exactly 4 years after the war in Chicago. The story makes a very natural transition, and reason as to why we have a whole new cast. This Transformers will feel very different then the last three. We are embarking on a new trilogy.

Michael

With filming beginning this May, Transformers 4 is set to hit theaters June 27th, 2014.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 10:41:03 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=72864

Mark Wahlberg Talks TRANSFORMERS 4; Confirms TED 2 Start Date

While promoting Broken City, actor Mark Wahlberg talks about his role in Michael Bay's fourth and possibly final Transformers film. While he refuses to give away any details on the fourquel's story, he reiterates how great his working relationship with the director is after Pain & Gain. Wahlberg calls the role his most challenging to date, and reiterates that he isn't doing it for the paycheck. "I think it will be the most challenging role that I've played and it's an opportunity for me to do something extremely different. It's going to be very different from what the first ones were. I'm excited about it. When I talked to (producer) Steven Spielberg and Michael and said, 'Don't worry guys, this is not me taking a paycheck and running with it. This is me trying to do something different,'" he tells Knoxville. He also had this to say when asked if his kids are excited about his joining the Transformers franchise. "It's the first time they've ever been excited about me going off to do a movie, and they demand to be in it."

Meanwhile, in a separate interview with Examiner, Wahlberg discusses his workout regime for some of his most recent films, including Universal Pictures' 2 Guns which also stars Denzel Washington. "...So I got down to 165 pounds [for Broken City], and then I did Pain & Gain like 8 to 10 weeks after, and I had to get as big as I possibly could – playing a body builder – so I got up to 212 pounds. Then within 30 days I had to get back down to 180 to do 2 Guns with Denzel. And then two weeks after that I was immersed in Navy SEAL training to play Marcus Luttrell in Lone Survivor. So that was what my year was like." When asked about his weight gain for Transformers 4, he says that he hopes to do another movie before the more physically demanding blockbuster. "Well I took a month off – I just started working out, I’m in my 4th week now – hopefully we’ll do Avon Man before Transformers, which is this comedy we have at Fox that we’ve been developing; it’s kind of like my first romantic comedy." Finally, Wahlberg confirms that Tranformers 4 will start filming at the end of May, and he will go directly into filming the Ted sequel in September. "I could tell you that we’re doing Transformers starting at the end of May, and then Ted in September. You know I can’t give you too many story points or Michael will not be happy. But I can tell you that I’m very excited, obviously I had a great working relationship with Michael on Pain & Gain."

Transformers 4 also stars Jack Reynor. The film, which is described by Michael Bay as the start of a new trilogy, is set to hit theaters June 27th, 2014.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 07:01:21 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheDailySuperHero/news/?a=82004

TRANSFORMERS 4: Michigan Filming Updates In Detroit, Pontiac & Fairfield Township

Production on Transformers 4 has already begun in Texas. Many set photos have already appeared both here on ComicBookMovie.com and across the Internet showing actor Mark Wahlberg on set along with other actors. While crews are in Texas filming, another unit is building and preparing sets in Michigan for the alien robot film.

According to MLive.com, a small town is being built in Downtown Detroit at Washington Blvd. at Clifford.

"A guard watching the site, representing Wolverine Security, [said] ... the Transformer's crew is building a town, surrounding existing buildings like the old United Artists Theater and David Whitney, that will be a part of the film.

"The security guard, who declined to identify himself, said work on the "town" is expected to be complete by crews sometime in July."

Also being reported is Transformers 4 will film a bulk of the movie at Michigan Motion Picture Studios just north of Detroit in Pontiac. Another filming location has been revealed as well.

The Associated Press, via MLive.com, is reporting Transformers 4 will film in Fairfield Township. Located on the southern border of Michigan and along the Ohio border, Fairfield Township is a somewhat remote location located approximately 30-40 miles northwest of Toledo, Ohio.

"The makers of the next installment of the 'Transformers' movie franchise plan to shoot an action sequence this month along a wheat field-lined stretch of Michigan state highway near Adrian."

More to come as Transformers 4 is scheduled to continue its production through the summer months.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2013, 10:23:47 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=82432

TRANSFORMERS 4 Set Videos: Optimus Prime Dodging Explosions; Argosy Freightliner In Action

Yesterday, Optimus Prime was spotted on M-52 south of Adrian, Michigan. He was dodging a barrage of explosions for Michael Boom Boom Bay's Transformers 4. And the newly unveiled 2014 Argosy Freightliner also made an appearance.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2013, 11:10:52 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=82455

First Look At Leadfoot On TRANSFORMERS 4 Set

The Wreckers are back! Well, at least Leadfoot is most certainly back. As the Nascar-styled Autobot was spotted on the Pontiac, Michigan set of Transformers 4, along with the new version of Bumblebee.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2013, 11:32:45 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=82582

TRANSFORMERS 4: New Bumblebee & Fellow Autobots Spotted On GM Proving Grounds (Video)

Transformers 4 was filming at General Motors proving grounds facility in Michigan. A new version of Bumblebee was on hand along with the new Optimus Prime & Hound as well as the yet-to-be-named Bugatti Veyron & Chevrolet Corvette Stingray characters.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2013, 11:37:02 AM »
Why isn't gregz a mod on this board?  He contributes a lot.
A

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2013, 11:51:17 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=84332

I'm On A Boat! New TRANSFORMERS 4 Set Photos Reveal Explosions On Boblo Boats

The S.S. Columbia and the S.S. Ste. Clair, both docked in River Rouge, are being used as props in Michael Bay's Transformer 4. They come with one smoke stack each, but the film crew added a second for explosions. Plus, new photos & videos of the Asian (Detroit) set.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2013, 09:59:33 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=84616

TRANSFORMERS 4: Bumblebee & Mark Wahlberg With A Sword Dodge Explosions (Videos)

Mark Wahlberg ("Pain & Gain") was seen carrying an enormous sword on the Detroit set of Michael Bay's Transformers 4. Also spotted on the Asian-styled set, were explosions, and two Autobots, Bumblebee and Hound.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2013, 01:12:12 AM »
For fuck's sake, is there any movie that Mark Wahlberg isn't in?

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2013, 09:34:41 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=84838

TRANSFORMERS 4 Set: Railcar Dropped, Car Stunts & A Scene Featuring Stanley Tucci (Videos)

Check out video of a silver railcar being suspended over the Hong Kong set of Michael Bay's Transformers 4 and dropped. Also, video of car stunts and Stanley Tucci performing a dialogue-driven scene.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2013, 11:06:19 PM »
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38611

Dinobots Confirmed For Transformers 4

Confirming unofficial reports from eagle-eyed set snoopers earlier in the week, Transformers producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura has told Beijing News that the Dinobots will indeed be making an appearance in Michael Bay's Transformers 4. Yes, really.

"I can not disclose the specifics, but you can be sure that the arrival of the Dinobots will give the audience a lot to be excited about. The world's coolest, most exciting cars will appear in the film, including Chinese vehicles, so whether you are a car enthusiast or not, it will be a feast for the eyes."

You can read more of the interview over on Transformers fansite Tformers.com, but be warned: it's not a perfect translation, so do take some of what you read with a grain of salt.

If you're not in the know about The Dinobots, or never watched them on the telly as a little 'un, then allow us to list the team. There's Grimlock (Tyrannosaurus rex and team leader, seen above in the Fall Of Cybertron video game), Slag (Triceratops and Grimlock's number two), Sludge (Apatosaurus), Snarl (Stegosaurus), Swoop (Pteranodon) and Paddles (Elasmosaurus, though he's only in the comic books).

They are as you'd expect: robots that turn into dinosaur-shaped robots. Interestingly, they're called 'Dinotrons' in Japan, but that really is a side note. What's more important is how on earth they'll fit into the fourth Transformers movie - something that may or may not be made easier by the character reboot the franchise is getting, with Pain & Gain alum Mark Wahlberg and Hollywood newcomer Jack Reynor (What Richard Did) now starring.

Other confirmed details include the time setting, which is four years after the Invasion Of Chicago seen in Transformers: Dark Of The Moon, and the characters' roles: Wahlberg is a struggling inventor and single father to Tessa (Nicola Peltz) who in turn is going out with race car driver Shane (Reynor). Kelsey Grammer plays bad guy Harold Attinger. Brum has not been confirmed.

But enough with these words! Now is the time to watch YouTube clips of the cartoon Dinobots as they do their thing. Click play below to do so, and remember that the as-yet untitled Transformers 4 is aiming for a June 27 release next year.