Author Topic: Angels World Series Bound!!  (Read 4718 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Angels World Series Bound!!
« on: December 08, 2011, 08:49:27 AM »
JACKPOT......Both Albert Poooholes AND CJ Wilson heading to the Angels. This is HUGE this makes day, week and baseball season!!!

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
Re: Angels World Series Bound!!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 08:51:40 AM »

Gotta fix this first.  8)
D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 08:52:25 AM »

Gotta fix this first.  8)

Hahahahahahah ;D

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 08:54:08 AM »
sounds like the Angels mortgaged the farm for an old steadily declining heavy legged ballplayer, 260 million bucks is crazy when the rumors here in STL is that hes really 3-4 years older than his stated age, he has maybe 4 decent years left.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 08:56:17 AM »
sounds like the Angels mortgaged the farm for an old steadily declining heavy legged ballplayer, 260 million bucks is crazy when the rumors here in STL is that hes really 3-4 years older than his stated age, he has maybe 4 decent years left.

Look what the A-Rod deal did to the Rangers.  :-\ :-\ But i keep hearing that the Angels are not the Rangers.  :-\
D

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 08:58:54 AM »
Look what the A-Rod deal did to the Rangers.  :-\ :-\ But i keep hearing that the Angels are not the Rangers.  :-\
being here in STL i've seen what has happened over the last few years with this guy and hes not all he cracked up to be, with the exception of the one big game he was non existant in the World Series this year and his numbers have been going down over the last 3 seasons, he didnt even have 100 rbi's this last season, is that a 30 mil a year player? ???

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 09:26:29 AM »
JACKPOT......Both Albert Poooholes AND CJ Wilson heading to the Angels. This is HUGE this makes day, week and baseball season!!!

Congrats on the Puljols signing.

But they'll be regretting that CJ Wilson signing for years to come. He's a #3 starter at best and your paying him $20million a year. Worst pitcher contract since the giants signed barry zito.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 09:29:21 AM »
C'mon Dave, he just turned 32. And I'm serious when I say this....everybody started declining when they REALLY started clamping down on testing.

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 09:32:01 AM »
I agree with Quaker, been around the guy, ego and game over rated!  David Frease came through with clutch hits, not Albert.  St. Louis will reload like usual and the Angels will be wondering where that star slugger is compared to his contract!  Guaranteed!

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 09:32:17 AM »
C'mon Dave, he just turned 32. And I'm serious when I say this....everybody started declining when they REALLY started clamping down on testing.
those are the very well founded rumors Joe, its almost like a secret that everybody here knows and just accepts, where the Angels really messsed up is in giving him a no trade clause, im not saying hes not a great player, he is but we've alrwady seen his best and its downhill from here.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 09:33:54 AM »
I agree with Quaker, been around the guy, ego and game over rated!  David Frease came through with clutch hits, not Albert.  St. Louis will reload like usual and the Angels will be wondering where that star slugger is compared to his contract!  Guaranteed!
dont get me wrong, hes been a great player and will probably be a first ballot HOF player but hes not worth 10 years and 260 million, not anymore.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 09:35:35 AM »
CJ will do just fine. He's home, he's a local boy raised right here in the OC (Newport Beach) and is local here in HB. He's comfortable here.

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 09:36:12 AM »
dont get me wrong, hes been a great player and will probably be a first ballot HOF player but hes not worth 10 years and 260 million, not anymore.

I understand, not talking about his past career now, the Albert they just paid 250 million for is not the same Albert.  In two years they will be signing checks for a player that his stats will not be much better than the other players on the team.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 09:37:00 AM »
CJ will do just fine. He's home, he's a local boy raised right here in the OC (Newport Beach) and is local here in HB. He's comfortable here.
CJ was a fantastic pickup, those are the type of picks teams should be making, young talent, 58 mil over 4 years isnt bad for a starter of his talent.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 09:38:11 AM »
I understand, not talking about his past career now, the Albert they just paid 250 million for is not the same Albert.  In two years they will be signing checks for a player that his stats will not be much better than the other players on the team.

exactly, i keep telling people here that are upset about it that at this point hes not much different than Matt Holliday, if you look at the stats theyre almost the same player.

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2011, 09:41:30 AM »
exactly, i keep telling people here that are upset about it that at this point hes not much different than Matt Holliday, if you look at the stats theyre almost the same player.

Agreed!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2011, 09:42:46 AM »
Especially since our mid-relievers and closers weren't that great. We used to have great depth but not in the last couple of years. We really needed Wilson.

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2011, 09:44:43 AM »
Especially since our mid-relievers and closers weren't that great. We used to have great depth but not in the last couple of years. We really needed Wilson.

I didn't mean any disrepect toward you Coach ... I saw how this guy treated some young ball players one time and I have a chip on my shoulder with him, thats all.  I am sure he will help the team.  And I mean Albert, not Wilson.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2011, 09:48:44 AM »
I didn't mean any disrepect toward you Coach ... I saw how this guy treated some young ball players one time and I have a chip on my shoulder with him, thats all.  I am sure he will help the team.  And I mean Albert, not Wilson.
hes become EXTREMELY arrogant, rude and abrasive the last few years, if you live here you see it all the time in interviews.

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2011, 09:52:28 AM »

Puljols had 15 more home runs, hit 20 more rbi's and struck out almost half as much in the worst statistical year of his career.

They're not even close to the same player.

Puljols has been the best player in baseball for the past 7-8 years. The same cant be said for Holiday.

If your an Angels fan your much more worried about the Wilson signing. Just look at his numbers in the playoffs this year. He's not much more then a #3 starter on a decent team.

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2011, 09:54:17 AM »
hes become EXTREMELY arrogant, rude and abrasive the last few years, if you live here you see it all the time in interviews.

Exactly, and I understand a guy with his popularity in this town wanting some time for himself with adults, but these were 10 year old kids taking pics of him with their cell phones and he just lost it....I wanted to slap that little goatie off his smug ass face!

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2011, 09:55:43 AM »
Puljols had 15 more home runs, hit 20 more rbi's and struck out almost half as much in the worst statistical year of his career.

Puljols has been the best player in baseball for the past 7-8 years. The same cant be said for Holiday.

If your an Angels fan your much more worried about the Wilson signing. Just look at his numbers in the playoffs this year. He's not much more then a #3 starter on a decent team.
theyre closer than you think, i watch every game this team plays, again I AGREE that he is an AMAZING player and if not the best one of the top 5 players in baseball but giving a 33-34 year old guy a no trade 10 year 260 million dollar deal is crazy.

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2011, 09:56:11 AM »

Not going to argue his stats over last 7 years, but we will see in two years if he is best in league, let alone, 10 years!   :o

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2011, 10:00:18 AM »
of the top 5 players in baseball but giving a 33-34 year old guy a no trade 10 year 260 million dollar deal is crazy.

He's only 31 but still, yes no way you give a guy a 10 year deal at that age...Look at A-Rod now...But he wanted a long term deal and you gotta give the best player in baseball what he wants to keep him.

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2011, 10:01:23 AM »
theyre closer than you think, i watch every game this team plays, again I AGREE that he is an AMAZING player and if not the best one of the top 5 players in baseball but giving a 33-34 year old guy a no trade 10 year 260 million dollar deal is crazy.

Very true and I agree. But I do believe they have an out after 7 years. So its really a 7 year deal. Puljols is 31 so the contract will take him up to 38. Which in sports today isnt that old.

While its risky you cant always get an Albert Puljols level player. The Angels have a shitload of money to spend so why not take a chance to make your team better and spend it.