Author Topic: Bloodwork results  (Read 4240 times)

animal1991

• Getbig III
Bloodwork results
« on: December 09, 2011, 09:25:35 AM »
Posted this in the "Gossip and Opinions" forum but didn't get much serious responses.
I had some bloodwork done on myself and got the results today:
Cholesterol: 4.8 (Range <5 mmol/L)
HDL: 1.13. (Range >1 mmol/L)
LDL: 3.3 (Range <3 mmol/L) - a bit high ??
Triglyceride: 1.28 (Range <1.7 mmol/L)
Free T4: 14.6 (Range 7.2-16.4 pmol/L)
TSH: 3.26 (Range 0.37-3.5 mIU/L)
OESTRADIOL: 120 (Range 75-175 pmol/L) -
High??
TOTAL TEST: 12.41 (Range 9.9-27.8 nmol/L) - a
bit low???
What do you guys think? Especially the test and
oestradiol (estrogen)... Any expert opinion?
Thanks

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
Re: Bloodwork results
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 09:55:00 AM »
Posted this in the "Gossip and Opinions" forum but didn't get much serious responses.
I had some bloodwork done on myself and got the results today:
Cholesterol: 4.8 (Range <5 mmol/L)
HDL: 1.13. (Range >1 mmol/L)
LDL: 3.3 (Range <3 mmol/L) - a bit high ??
Triglyceride: 1.28 (Range <1.7 mmol/L)
Free T4: 14.6 (Range 7.2-16.4 pmol/L)
TSH: 3.26 (Range 0.37-3.5 mIU/L)
OESTRADIOL: 120 (Range 75-175 pmol/L) -
High??
TOTAL TEST: 12.41 (Range 9.9-27.8 nmol/L) - a
bit low???
What do you guys think? Especially the test and
oestradiol (estrogen)... Any expert opinion?
Thanks

I would listen to your doctor...what did he/she say?

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 09:58:09 AM »
I would listen to your doctor...what did he/she say?

He hasn't said anything to me yet... He said he would call me if he saw that something is wrong or out of place, but I haven't received a phone call. I'm going to call him on Monday and ask what the deal with the test and estrogen.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 10:49:03 AM »
check out the sticky on blood work in this forum.

lyquid

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 08:45:15 AM »
lol he's not gonna call you my testosterone is even lower. Mines done in nmol too. They don't care about hormone lvls. For men. Never have never will. If you complain he will suggest a urogolist. Than he will a endo. Than ofer you some rub on cream. Goodluck. Lol.

stay on forever. Everyone thinks they recover. I tried everything under the sun nolva clomid hcg many months armidex etc. Test lvls still super low nattty..

steroids won't shut you down completly but I've never seen someone post results where they recovered to normal range.

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 10:51:43 AM »
To stay on for good is a huge choice to make. I know it would/could only be to benefit me? But I'm not looking to go pro or anything, I want to compete and look good.. Its awesome to never have "ups and downs" due to having test floating around in your system 24/7. But as I said, big choice to make especially at 20 y/o. Any of you guys on here that stay on year round cruising on 250/300mg test a week? What your experience with it?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 09:29:12 PM »
nmol/L = 28.8ng/dl.....is that correct?

I'm used to the ng/dl, not nmol/L.

Anyway, if I'm correct that would put your total test around 360ng/dl and by most medical standards that's not considered low testosterone. Below 300ng/dl is normally considered low, so you're close.

I'm not sure about your estrogen levels since it's not in pg/ml format.

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 09:32:32 PM »

Anyway, if I'm correct that would put your total test around 360ng/dl and by most medical standards that's not considered low testosterone. Below 300ng/dl is normally considered low, so you're close.

Yeah I'm not sure how to convert the levels etc... Why can't people just use the same format universally.. Lol

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 10:54:50 PM »
Yeah I'm not sure how to convert the levels etc... Why can't people just use the same format universally.. Lol

Yeah I know....it's annoying.
What country do you live in?

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 10:56:45 PM »
Yeah I know....it's annoying.
What country do you live in?
South Africa bro

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2011, 11:03:21 PM »
To stay on for good is a huge choice to make. I know it would/could only be to benefit me? But I'm not looking to go pro or anything, I want to compete and look good.. Its awesome to never have "ups and downs" due to having test floating around in your system 24/7. But as I said, big choice to make especially at 20 y/o. Any of you guys on here that stay on year round cruising on 250/300mg test a week? What your experience with it?

Your doctor isn't likely going to prescribe testosterone in a high enough dossage (if he prescribes it at all) to have any real effect on your bodybuilding efforts.

Since being on TRT, my labs have ranged from 700 to 1000 for total test. I inject about 150 mg a week. However, my doctor only prescribed 100 mg a week. It just works out that a three month prescription for a 10,000 ml vial allows me to inject more than what the doctor prescribed.

I have my annual visit with my urologist next week. I'll find out how my labs are doing now verses a year ago at this visit. I would really like him to up the dose some, but I am not hopeful that he will.

One thing you should be exploring with your doctor is why your test levels are low for your (young) age. There are a number of causes for low testosterone levels or hypogonadism.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2011, 11:08:52 PM »

You are right that 300 is considered low. However, isn't he only 20 years old? Normally a twenty year old is at their peak with testosterone levels up near a 1,000. Clearly, something is wrong when one is this low at twenty verses someone my age (67). My pre-TRT testosterone levels were slightly more than 300. My urologist felt this was reason enough to start me on TRT....thank goodness.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2011, 11:12:13 PM »
South Africa bro

Cool. I knew it wasn't the U.S. since it's always ng/dl here. Anyway, just curious.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2011, 11:17:46 PM »
You are right that 300 is considered low. However, isn't he only 20 years old? Normally a twenty year old is at their peak with testosterone levels up near a 1,000. Clearly, something is wrong when one is this low at twenty verses someone my age (67). My pre-TRT testosterone levels were slightly more than 300. My urologist felt this was reason enough to start me on TRT....thank goodness.

Over 1,000ng/dl? No way man, that would be insanely high for natural testosterone. If your natural levels were 800ng/dl you would be a genetic freak just by that standard. Obviously it can happen, it's just not common.

I'm not sure how accurate this site is....I don't know who the site belongs to...but these charts seem to be in range:

http://www.mens-hormonal-health.com/normal-testosterone-levels-in-men.html

lyquid

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 01:04:59 PM »
three humdred is what a eighty year old aerages. Mo lie. Go to pubmed. Look for studies om aberage testosteome lebels. A youmger guy is mot crazy to see I'm twelbe hundred ramge its commom studies show this the thousamd to 250 range is just there normal range. Again may charts olie by endo docs will even hae charts showig ur lvls are that of a eighty yr old ma.

my keyboard is eey fucked atm btw.

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 02:16:31 AM »
Going to the doc today to hear what he says about the levels and if he could/should give me something to raise my test a bit. Will keep you guys up to date.

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 04:02:39 AM »
Doc said I have low test, and he prescribed me to put me on Nebido, but first referred me to a urologist to hear his opinion. He said if I keep cycling it will hinder my chance to have kids one day, which really makes me sad. I don't know what to do now. It really impacts my bodybuilding dreams too aswell as my relationship with my girlfriend

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 02:29:47 PM »
Doc said I have low test, and he prescribed me to put me on Nebido, but first referred me to a urologist to hear his opinion. He said if I keep cycling it will hinder my chance to have kids one day, which really makes me sad. I don't know what to do now. It really impacts my bodybuilding dreams too aswell as my relationship with my girlfriend

It seems like you have some hard decisions to make if your doctor is correct. If it were me, I'd get a second opinion about this matter....perhaps the urologist you are going to see will be able to shed some more light on why correcting your low test levels would lessen your chance of having kids. I've not heard of this before myself. However, I am not interested in having more kids at my age, so it is a non-issue for me.

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2011, 11:34:25 PM »
How do you cycle on HRT? Is it just like normal, "blasting and cruising"?
The doctor prescribed me Nebido, 1000mg test undecanoate every 12 weeks but would Test Cyp 100mg/week be better? (more stable blood levels?).
Any of you guys have experience with this?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2011, 01:20:18 AM »
How do you cycle on HRT? Is it just like normal, "blasting and cruising"?
The doctor prescribed me Nebido, 1000mg test undecanoate every 12 weeks but would Test Cyp 100mg/week be better? (more stable blood levels?).
Any of you guys have experience with this?

I'm not a doctor, but I would expect you are going to have some serious highs and lows waiting twelve weeks between test injections. My experience is limited to testosterone cypionate. Initially, the doctor injected me with 300 mg every three weeks. However, I asked to self inject every week and he agreed. I am supposed to inject 100 mg a week. However, I cheat and inject 150 mg. I've not experienced any highs or lows on this regimen.

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2011, 01:23:17 AM »
I'm not a doctor, but I would expect you are going to have some serious highs and lows waiting twelve weeks between test injections. My experience is limited to testosterone cypionate. Initially, the doctor injected me with 300 mg every three weeks. However, I asked to self inject every week and he agreed. I am supposed to inject 100 mg a week. However, I cheat and inject 150 mg. I've not experienced any highs or lows on this regimen.
Yeah I've read on the internet the first month is great and then you get lots of ups and downs with Nebido. Will ask the Urologist if he would rather recommend the Test Cyp. I would prefer that also.

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2011, 06:04:01 AM »
What's your opinion on self administrating HRT? Doing 200mg test a week instead of the doctors Nebido once every 12 weeks??

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2011, 09:26:13 AM »
What's your opinion on self administrating HRT? Doing 200mg test a week instead of the doctors Nebido once every 12 weeks??

For the sake of convenience, self injecting HRT is my preference. One's dosage is usually determined by their doctor unless they are doing this on their own.