Author Topic: For those of you who think Tebow isn't for real  (Read 8063 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: For those of you who think Tebow isn't for real
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2011, 08:49:06 PM »
CLASSIC BROWNIES WITH COCONUT-PECAN TOPPING

WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS:
When developing an old-fashioned, chewy chocolate brownie recipe, we found that success lay in the details. Substituting cake flour for all-purpose flour made our brownies tender, with a delicate chew. Plenty of unsweetened chocolate gave our brownie recipe great flavor without making them overly sweet. Determining the proper baking time was also important: too short a time in the oven, and the brownies were gummy; too long, and they dried out. Finally, toasting the nuts before sprinkling them over the brownie batter brought out their flavor and gave them great crunch.

MAKES 24
Be sure to test for doneness before removing the brownies from the oven. If underbaked (the toothpick has batter clinging to it), the texture of the brownies will be dense and gummy; if overbaked (the toothpick comes out completely clean), the brownies will be dry and cakey.
INGREDIENTS
Classic Brownies
1 1/4cups plain cake flour (5 ounces)
1/2teaspoon table salt
3/4teaspoon baking powder
6ounces unsweetened chocolate , chopped fine
12tablespoons unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), cut into six 1-inch pieces
2 1/4cups sugar (15 3/4 ounces)
4 large eggs
1tablespoon vanilla extract
Coconut-Pecan Topping
3/4cup pecans (6 ounces), chopped medium
2 large egg yolks
1/2cup sugar
1/8teaspoon table salt
4tablespoons unsalted butter softened
1/2cup heavy cream
1/2teaspoon vanilla extract
1cup flaked, sweetened coconut
INSTRUCTIONS
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 325 degrees. Cut 18-inch length foil and fold lengthwise to 8-inch width. Fit foil into length of 13- by 9-inch baking dish, pushing it into corners and up sides of pan; allow excess to overhang pan edges. Cut 14-inch length foil and, if using extra-wide foil, fold lengthwise to 12-inch width; fit into width of baking pan in same manner, perpendicular to first sheet. Spray foil-lined pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. For the Topping: Spread nuts evenly on rimmed cookie sheet or in shallow baking dish or pie plate. Toast in oven until fragrant, 5 to 8 minutes. Set aside on wire rack to cool while making batter.
3. Whisk to combine flour, salt, and baking powder in medium bowl; set aside.
4. Melt chocolate and butter in large heatproof bowl set over saucepan of almost--simmering water, stirring occasionally, until smooth. (Alternatively, in microwave, heat butter and chocolate in large microwave-safe bowl on high for 45 seconds, then stir and heat for 30 seconds more. Stir again, and, if necessary, repeat in 15-second increments; do not let chocolate burn.) When chocolate mixture is completely smooth, remove bowl from saucepan and gradually whisk in sugar. Add eggs one at time, whisking after each addition until thoroughly combined. Whisk in vanilla. Add flour mixture in three additions, folding with rubber spatula until batter is completely smooth and homogeneous.
5. Transfer batter to prepared pan; using spatula, spread batter into corners of pan and smooth surface. Bake until toothpick or wooden skewer inserted into center of brownies comes out with few moist crumbs attached, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool on wire rack to room temperature, about 2 hours.
6. When the brownies are cool, leave them in the pan.
7. FOR THE COCONUT-PECAN TOPPING: Whisk egg yolks, sugar, and salt in a small nonreactive saucepan until combined. Whisk in butter, then gradually whisk in heavy cream and vanilla extract. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is fluffy, begins to thicken, and registers about 180 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, 8 to 12 minutes. Off the heat, stir in the pecans and sweetened flaked coconut. Spread the topping evenly onto the cooled brownies, cover with foil, and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours. Remove the brownies from the pan by lifting the foil overhang, cut into 2-inch squares, and serve. (Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2011, 08:49:53 PM »
damn that sounds good. :o

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2011, 08:50:57 PM »
san francisco, all the way san francisco  8)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2011, 08:52:07 PM »
How does the coconut-pecan topping taste? Sounds great!!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2011, 08:52:55 PM »
The best Tikka Masala though is from a book called 660 Curries by Raghaven Iyer.

I think Everyone should own it.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2011, 08:55:45 PM »
(following recipes is for people who cant cook)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2011, 08:56:13 PM »
The best Tikka Masala though is from a book called 660 Curries by Raghaven Iyer.

I think Everyone should own it.
sounds like a dish a restaurant seels around here called Chicken Karahi, its amazing.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2011, 08:57:10 PM »
::)

Ball : Noun:  A solid or hollow sphere or ovoid, esp. one that is kicked, thrown, or hit in a game.

There's your 'football' definition

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2011, 08:58:35 PM »
How does the coconut-pecan topping taste? Sounds great!!
Well I ate 3 Large ones today and I think they are the best Brownie texture we have made yet.  We made a total of 16 Large ones, Jezebelle gets 8 and I get 8.  Each one is about 370 calories when you cut them into 16.  Brownies as well as all baked goods always taste the best after they "cure" for about a day after they are made.  The sweetness calms down to where it should be and some may find them a bit sweet if eaten after baking and the cooling period.

The rest of my Calories today were in rice and Tikka Masala for a total of my usual 2500.  

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2011, 09:02:44 PM »
Not worried about the calories just trying to find and make something good for Christmas desert. My wife usually cooks the dinner and I make the desert....while having a bottle of wine :)))

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2011, 09:03:21 PM »
Handegg has to be the shittiest sport invented, all that padding so they can spend 99% of the time standing around looking at the guy in fronts ass

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2011, 09:04:16 PM »
Not worried about the calories just trying to find and make something good for Christmas desert. My wife usually cooks the dinner and I make the desert....while having a bottle of wine :)))
ever had the wife make gooey butter cookies or cake Joe?, if youve never tried it it will be a hit wherever you go.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2011, 09:05:36 PM »
ever had the wife make gooey butter cookies or cake Joe?, if youve never tried it it will be a hit wherever you go.

Stop being a pussy, being nice wont make people forget youve spent the last 3 years being a ball of estrogen crying in the corner

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2011, 09:07:13 PM »
Stop being a pussy, being nice wont make people forget youve spent the last 3 years being a ball of estrogen crying in the corner
hahahaha, you dont like my suggestions for desserts "army of cum'?

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2011, 09:11:52 PM »
hahahaha, you dont like my suggestions for desserts "army of cum'?

I hear you always move quickly on to dessert when your wife mentions dinner, as any time tossing salad is mentioned you get hot sweats from being Derek Gay4pay Anthonys bottom bitch for so many years  :-*

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2011, 09:12:16 PM »
LOL....

*popcorn*

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2011, 09:13:48 PM »
I hear you always move quickly on to dessert when your wife mentions dinner, as any time tossing salad is mentioned you get hot sweats from being Derek Gay4pay Anthonys bottom bitch for so many years  :-*
lol, youre so witty, "army of creampie twinks", dont you have a coffee enema to get to before your husband gets home?

Jizzacked

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2011, 09:15:10 PM »
just like old times  ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2011, 09:17:09 PM »
I was on QO's bad side years ago and pwned beyond recognition. Glad I'm not on his bad side anymore (I don't think).

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2011, 09:17:27 PM »

Gooey butter is the bomb !!

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2011, 09:18:23 PM »
I was on QO's bad side years ago and pwned beyond recognition. Glad I'm not on his bad side anymore (I don't think).
of course not man.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2011, 09:21:06 PM »
lol, youre so witty, "army of creampie twinks", dont you have a coffee enema to get to before your husband gets home?

haha, look at the wife being all cocky while her abusive husband Derek is away, Id button your lip now sister before he comes in and smacks his cum off your lips again  ;D

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2011, 09:27:16 PM »
haha, look at the wife being all cocky while her abusive husband Derek is away, Id button your lip now sister before he comes in and smacks his cum off your lips again  ;D
hahah, ok "army of rainbow flags", i'll bet you're the type of guy who goes into the local adult superstore and asks for titles like No Country for Straight Men and The Magnificent Seven Inches Up my Ass and tells the cashier, "im not really gay i just really love westerns with two men kissing."

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2011, 09:27:27 PM »
I'll take QO's place. I'll even give him the address.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2011, 09:27:47 PM »
....while having a bottle of wine :)))

Pffffttt! That better be "Expensive Wine"!