Author Topic: Is white rice ok for leaning out?  (Read 13445 times)

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Is white rice ok for leaning out?
« on: December 09, 2011, 08:30:05 PM »
I keep hearing brown rice is best for leaning out or cutting weight.  Why not white rice and what's the difference other than fiber?

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: Is white rice ok for leaning out?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 12:34:59 AM »
I used to think the same and get paranoid sometimes..

add what you can find cheaper and tastes better for you.

They are the same and the "gi" doesnt make much difference at all.

Rickyboy

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 12:41:37 AM »
I keep hearing brown rice is best for leaning out or cutting weight.  Why not white rice and what's the difference other than fiber?

Brown rice is better for you IMO.

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • when you go scat you never come back ;)
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 02:50:05 PM »
Yes. Don't fall into that GI bullshit. Just use something too buffer the absorption, fiber or fat, which ever fits better in your diet plan.
Boundary Breaker

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 08:32:36 PM »
White rice after you train brown rice for all other times of the day.
T

SamsonD

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 12:49:39 AM »
maybe this is a dumb question but what's wrong with potatoes?  especially compared to white rice?

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • when you go scat you never come back ;)
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 01:58:48 AM »
maybe this is a dumb question but what's wrong with potatoes?  especially compared to white rice?

Nothing. Just apply the same logic. Add something to buffer the absorption (except post workout) and you're good to go.
Boundary Breaker

Domthemilky

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 06:13:25 AM »
LOL unless you love brown rice just go for white rice. I can't stand forcing myself to eat brown rice, sweet potatoes and all that other crap. Just eat foods that you like (i love steaks, eggs, low fat cheese, prawns, baked potatoes etc). Getting lean is all about consistency not about particular foods. Get into a calorie deficit, train hard and smart and don't worry about stupid things like brown rice.

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 08:46:09 AM »
Rice is rice, don't over complicate things.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 04:36:31 AM »
LOL unless you love brown rice just go for white rice. I can't stand forcing myself to eat brown rice, sweet potatoes and all that other crap. Just eat foods that you like (i love steaks, eggs, low fat cheese, prawns, baked potatoes etc). Getting lean is all about consistency not about particular foods. Get into a calorie deficit, train hard and smart and don't worry about stupid things like brown rice.

This.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 07:06:40 AM »
grains in general are all ok ,,depending on stage of diet u can vary amounts,kinds used.if ur 10 pct bf and want to go lower use same rice,oats,potatoes but amounts eaten with meals get cut,,then as u advance lower to say 8 pct to 6pct then if u eat meals 1 thru 5 maybe include grains in 3 out of 5 meals,,increase fats in the non carb meals,,,it's just cutting portion size or minus the carb in the protein only meal.i use whole grain bread,brown rice mostly,oats regularly .cardio of course will help and u might be able to eat more due to that and being leaner already could add more portions/amounts back in.