Author Topic: IFBB Pro World Masters - Will the winners ever get paid?  (Read 4832 times)

axestream

• Getbig IV
Re: What are the chances the "masters" competitors will actually get paid?
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2011, 01:53:53 AM »
pretty good guess...except for the fact  the prize money was put into escrow and  is guaranteed from the IFBB...

This was changed about 5  years ago, as before he change, these provisions were not in place and we had a few instances where the athletes got screwed.

That really should have been the end of this thread.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2011, 04:15:21 AM »
pretty good guess...except for the fact  the prize money was put into escrow and  is guaranteed from the IFBB...

This was changed about 5  years ago, as before he change, these provisions were not in place and we had a few instances where the athletes got screwed.

I recall some years ago that a well liked ex pro BBer was promoting a show & unfortunately it transpired that he didnt have the funds to pay the athletes - cant put my finger on it but it could have been Atwoods debut win in Toronto. Dont quote me on that however, it was something i read in Flex.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: IFBB Pro World Masters - Will the winners ever get paid?
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2011, 04:22:29 AM »
nimrod King

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2011, 10:29:26 AM »
Spot on Chick  :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2011, 12:20:53 PM »
That would be strange to invest all you eggs into a show that has no guarantee of being put  on, and is at the end of the year....especially since Dex is still competitive on the circuit...unless there are personal reasons for taking the year off, this wouldn't be a good strategy.

DId you propose it before or after Darrem got screwed out of his paycheck?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2011, 01:22:20 PM »
DId you propose it before or after Darrem got screwed out of his paycheck?

Unfortunately....I wasn't the athletes rep when that occurred. So the answer would be after.  What I did do, was insure that it never happens again.  What was also unfortunate, was that Wayne did absolutely nothing about it other than throw up his hands and pass the blame onto the promoter...

Neptuno

• Getbig III
  • From HUELVA - SPAIN
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2011, 02:15:06 PM »
I don't want to sound negative here, but...

Of course the show won't be held next year. Arnold Europe also probably saw it's first and last time.

Most likely one year wonders!

Are you joking? or simply you havenīt any idea about ACE in Madrid?

It was an amazing success!!

More than 300 amateurs competitors  paying 125 euros (no dollars, so more than 170 dollars) fees.
More than 10.000 people visit the Expo paying 20 euros (no dollars)  at least.
More than 50 brands paying in euros too...
And sold out 1900 people in the ACE IFBB PRO paying at least 60 euros

So if you think 2012 edition is not going to be on, you have a mind problem, maybe...

The fact are, dates are ready and place too, Madrid Arena with capacity for 7500 people  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
w

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2011, 02:27:35 PM »
To run this type of contest, with the prize money, sanction fees, special apperances fees, hotels, flights and more - well over $400,000.   So in essense, someone put up a ton of money who loves the sport of bodybuilding, who wanted to see the legends in one place at least once in their life.  Yes, it is a ton of money to lose.

Unless there are some very rich people out there.

There are videos now being sold in Dubai India to rich arabs paying $50,000 to watch the DVD with full back stage access to the urinals, showers and chaning rooms.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2011, 08:12:52 PM »
To run this type of contest, with the prize money, sanction fees, special apperances fees, hotels, flights and more - well over $400,000.   So in essense, someone put up a ton of money who loves the sport of bodybuilding, who wanted to see the legends in one place at least once in their life.  Yes, it is a ton of money to lose.

Unless there are some very rich people out there.

Ron, how did it go?

What were the crowds like, what are the numbers anticipated to be? Will we see this next year?

THE BEEF

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2011, 08:20:30 PM »

Ha ha - nice answer Chick!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2011, 09:38:58 PM »
Unfortunately....I wasn't the athletes rep when that occurred. So the answer would be after.  What I did do, was insure that it never happens again.  What was also unfortunate, was that Wayne did absolutely nothing about it other than throw up his hands and pass the blame onto the promoter...

Hey chick..what happened to you?..you said you were going to compete in the Masters Pro???

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2011, 09:41:58 PM »

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2011, 10:16:23 PM »
You said rod.

;D  brings back memories...

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2011, 02:47:09 AM »
There are videos now being sold in Dubai India to rich arabs paying $50,000 to watch the DVD with full back stage access to the urinals, showers and chaning rooms.

You might not be kidding there, mon_of_steele.  With Colonel Gaddafi's fortune revealed posthumously to be at least $168 billion, it really made me wonder how many other people in the world have similar fortunes or possibly fortunes running into the trillions, purposely kept off the Forbes 400 list.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2051912/Gaddafis-death-Governments-hand-dead-Libyan-tyrants-frozen-assets.html
Bodybuilding Pro.com