Author Topic: lol @ bodybuilding as an ectomorph  (Read 11098 times)

anab0lic

• Getbig II
lol @ bodybuilding as an ectomorph
« on: December 11, 2011, 11:54:30 AM »
brb slept for too long without food and crazy fast metabolism ate up some muscle mass
brb setting an alarm to go off half way through the night to counteract the above
brb clavicles so narrow that even with devloped delts i look like like narrow phaggot
brb arms maxed out at 16 inches
brb got sick for a week, lost 2 months of gains
brb 4500 kcal a day is mantainance
brb untrained forearms look like those of a 12 year old girl
brb gained 30lbs of muscle.... look like an untrained mesomorph

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
Re: lol @ bodybuilding as an ectomorph
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 12:01:02 PM »
brb slept for too long without food and crazy fast metabolism ate up some muscle mass
brb setting an alarm to go off half way through the night to counteract the above
brb clavicles so narrow that even with devloped delts i look like like narrow phaggot
You are introducing yourself ?

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 12:03:25 PM »

racist! my forearms look atleast 14 year old girls, HAHA! Jokes on you, fag  8)

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 12:04:42 PM »
how do you even scale what type u are?

isnt that just a balonie?

haha i always lough using gh15 terms :D hahaha balonie :D

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 12:05:59 PM »
what are you talking about man, none of that shit happens even as a natural

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 12:06:42 PM »

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 12:11:00 PM »
so you're saying with my 177cm i'm pretty sure the middle one?

anab0lic

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 12:18:50 PM »
wrist and ankle size is a pretty good indicator of which catagory in above pic u fall into :)

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 12:20:37 PM »
if you seen my deadlift video
what am i in your opinion?

anab0lic

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 12:24:27 PM »
if you seen my deadlift video
what am i in your opinion?

hard to tell if you mean your avi, is there a bigger version somewhere? 

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 12:26:14 PM »
i think you're...................... ........................ .. endo/meso.....

while our very own "mesomorph" of getbig is pure mesomorph.

I think I'm ecto/meso

Endomorph:

An Endomorph's biggest concern should be the losing of fat and adopting a lifestyle that keeps it off. Strength training should be done to get a better muscle to fat ratio and therefore improve metabolism. Use moderate weights at a fast training pace (very little rest between sets and exercises). You should lower your calorie intake (but not try to starve yourself) and should eat frequent but small meals. Sugars, sweets and junk food should be eliminated from your diet. Engage daily in some activity like brisk walking, biking, etc., and try to increase the amount of time you spend each week.

Mesomorph:

A Mesomorph has a naturally fit body but to maintain it or improve it they should exercise and diet corretly for their type. Strength training can be done more often and for longer sessions then would be good for an Ectomorph, but you must still be carefull not to overdo it. You should train with moderate to heavy weighs and at a moderate pace, not resting too long between sets. You will find you gain muscle quite easy (some women and even men might not want to get too bulky, but this won't happen suddenly. When you are happy with your muscle size simply train to maintain it). Stick to a good healthy diet to keep you lean and muscular, and watch for any slow creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, sports, etc. but do not overdo.

Ectomorph:

Ectomorphs should concentrate on gaining weight in the form of good lean muscle tissue (some women that are too thin may also want to put on a little fat to look more feminine). Weight training should be done but not too often or for too long each session. Weight should be fairly heavy and workout pace slower (longer rest periods between sets). Diet should be high in calories (good quality food not junk) and you should eat more then you're used to and often. Aerobic and other activities (sports, dancing, etc.) should be kept to a minimum, at least until you are happy with your weight and looks.

In the 1940s, Dr. William H. Sheldon introduced the theory of Somatypes. His theory described three basic human body types: the endomorph, characterized by a preponderance of bodyfat; the mesomorph, marked by a well-developed musculature; and the ectomorph, distinguished by a lack of either much fat or muscle tissue. He did also state that most people were a mixture of these types.

source bb.com info/news

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 12:28:24 PM »
Ectomorph:

fragile
thin
flat chest
delicate build
young appearance
tall
lightly muscled
stoop-shouldered
large brain
Has trouble gaining weight.
muscle growth takes longer.

Mesomorph:

athletic
hard, muscular body
overly mature appearance
rectangular shaped (hourglass shaped for women)
thick skin
upright posture
gains or loses weight easily
grows muscle quickly.

Endomorph:

soft body
flabby
underdeveloped muscles
round shaped
over-developed digestive system
trouble losing weight
generally gains muscle easily.

Conclusion

When you know which type you are (or which mixture) and diet and exercise correctly for that type, you will make much better progress.

While some women may think that Kate Moss is the ideal, from a fitness view point she really isn't. And many women who tend to be endomorphic will save themselves much suffering by not striving to change themselves into ectomorphs, it's not going to happen. Conversly a true ectomorph who wishes to be a Sumo wrestler would also be in for a big disappointment.

Your goal should be to look as close as possible to (or stay looking like) a mesomorph. With the correct exercise and diet this can be attainable, and while you may be a bit upset that you have to work hard to look good while the true mesomorph looks that way naturally, at least you will still be fit and look good. And even the mesomorph will find as he/she gets older that some exercise and diet is needed if they want to continue to look good and be fit.

source bb.com info/news

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011, 12:30:05 PM »
Somatypes/bodytypes = bullshit. Sure there are genetic differences and some people will naturally have more muscle mass than others, but to make three simple categories is quite frankly silly. Only a very small percentage of people are 100% ecto or 100% meso or 100% endo. Most are a combination of the three. And even then, it's very difficult to "classify" someone.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011, 12:32:30 PM »
Most are a combination of the three. And even then, it's very difficult to "classify" someone.

Indeed, that's where "good genetics" comments come in.

I think I'm an ecto. I'm skin and bone if I wouldn't train (waits sevastatse's corny joke on this)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 12:34:39 PM »
Too many mixotypes of the three mentioned.
A true mesomorph sticks out by a land mile next to normal folks.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 12:35:25 PM »
Too many mixotypes of the three mentioned.
A true mesomorph sticks out by a land mile next to normal folks.

getbigs member "mesomorph" is the purest meso I've ever seen. True african blood.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2011, 12:47:04 PM »

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 12:48:56 PM »
brb people still believeing broscience bullshit  :-X

Cutlet767

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 12:49:01 PM »
none of that matters, with the right anabolics at the right doses flowing through your bloodstream.

anab0lic

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 12:51:42 PM »

an ecto could maybe aspire to look this good after 2-3 months of decent training and a light cycle.  ;D

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2011, 12:54:41 PM »
an ecto could maybe aspire to look this good after 2-3 months of decent training and a light cycle.  ;D

LOL this guy rly hates ectomorphs :P

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2011, 01:08:59 PM »
wrist and ankle size is a pretty good indicator of which catagory in above pic u fall into :)

both my ankles and wrists are small as hell for my height, so are my elbows and other joints but my shoulders are pretty wide across, at least more than what would be average. without training i'd be extremely small and i'm definitely an ecto but never had such serious issues that you described.

it took a lot more effort to gain muscle but that's it, and eating 5k calories a day didn't help put on more muscle, it just added water weight and fat. i had to just train harder and more consistently than a lot of guys who could mow their lawn and get nice pecs and tris.

honestly, you should stop making excuses for why you aren't able to gain, being an ectomorph is highly irrelevant and it's the best out of all 3 for having a nice looking physique.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2011, 01:11:34 PM »
now i'm ecto/endo : (

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2011, 01:22:56 PM »
There's another one, called - Kigtropina.

anab0lic

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2011, 01:53:15 PM »
both my ankles and wrists are small as hell for my height, so are my elbows and other joints but my shoulders are pretty wide across, at least more than what would be average. without training i'd be extremely small and i'm definitely an ecto but never had such serious issues that you described.

it took a lot more effort to gain muscle but that's it, and eating 5k calories a day didn't help put on more muscle, it just added water weight and fat. i had to just train harder and more consistently than a lot of guys who could mow their lawn and get nice pecs and tris.

honestly, you should stop making excuses for why you aren't able to gain, being an ectomorph is highly irrelevant and it's the best out of all 3 for having a nice looking physique.

Do you have a tape measure at hand?  My wrists are 6.75 inches around the joint (pulled tightly) probably more like 6.5 if i was lean.