Author Topic: lol @ bodybuilding as an ectomorph  (Read 11093 times)

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
Re: lol @ bodybuilding as an ectomorph
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2011, 02:09:41 PM »
Do you have a tape measure at hand?  My wrists are 6.75 inches around the joint (pulled tightly) probably more like 6.5 if i was lean.

yep, mine are the same except a little smaller, 6.6 inches around the wrist, if i pull the tape measure tightly it will go under 6inches in circumference. my height is 6'

i prefer small bones because my arms look much larger when flexed, similar to how arnold's arms looked even bigger than they actually were due to his bone structure. long arms, and small joints are great for bodybuilding, the issue of difficulty adding muscle mass due to small joints becomes irrelevant once you introduce steroids into the equation.

attempting to gain muscle as an ecto, while remaining all natural, was a huge waste of time though, but possible with excessive levels of dedication and determination on my part.

JZMB

• Getbig II
  • Team NaSSer EL soBaNtý FëLla
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2011, 03:01:11 PM »
sure.. all the bullshit you wrote are for naturals lol

when on aas ectophorm a lot of times have a better answer than what an endophorm would have for example..

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2011, 03:23:27 PM »
If we'd go about generalizing body types, I'd say that most pro bb'ers off the juice/training are either ectos or mesos or in-between (most of us are in-between anyway) and very few obvious endos.
 So basically if you are an "ecto" - it doesn't really matter, as long as you have good muscle shape and decent frame, BUT if you are a highly expressed fatzo naturally - good luck on being a "shrink wrapped muscle" bb'er... If I'd think of some.. it's Evan (but you can still tell by his face he's a fat-ass inside ( :D) even when in contest condition. And he has a good structure, when many /endos/ have kind of a "heavy" build that is not appealing in an aesthetic way (wide waist and bigger joints are common traits, which adds to difficulty to pull the illusion.).

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2011, 03:39:06 PM »
brb slept for too long without food and crazy fast metabolism ate up some muscle mass
brb setting an alarm to go off half way through the night to counteract the above
brb clavicles so narrow that even with devloped delts i look like like narrow phaggot
brb arms maxed out at 16 inches
brb got sick for a week, lost 2 months of gains
brb 4500 kcal a day is mantainance
brb untrained forearms look like those of a 12 year old girl
brb gained 30lbs of muscle.... look like an untrained mesomorph

You sound like a bitch.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2011, 04:16:00 PM »
ttt

buselmo

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2011, 08:54:01 PM »
if what was said about ectomorphs was true (and not just a scam to sell more protein and 'weight gainers'), then they'd all be dead if they didn't get into bodybuilding.

rotaryfan

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2011, 09:00:06 PM »
FYI, the somatotype theory was made by a sociologist to explain which sort of people police should watch out for, because they are more likely to commit crimes. Not only does it have no relevance to policing, but it was not developed with kinesiology in mind...  my 2 cents  :-\   and with the availability of gear its not really relevant anyway

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2011, 09:09:30 PM »
if what was said about ectomorphs was true (and not just a scam to sell more protein and 'weight gainers'), then they'd all be dead if they didn't get into bodybuilding.

LOL good point ;D
Thunderdome approved

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2011, 01:51:20 AM »
Tiny joints and ballerina waist FTW

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2011, 01:52:28 AM »
I never taped my wrists and ankles. There's all kinds of equations to calcute your "maximum natural lean mass"....Maybe every getbigger can do it just for fun.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2011, 01:08:47 PM »

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2011, 01:38:01 PM »

if what was said in your post wasn't crap, everyone would be ripped without much effort  ::)

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2011, 02:17:22 PM »
I truly belive somatotypes is a factor of many things, including how you behaved as a child through adolescents.  I was a pure ecto but shorter at 5-8 140#. But i also never stoped moving. If you tried to catogrize me now, youd say I'm meso ecto. All because of bodybuilding strength training. And if you can change your type, it realy doesnt matter what your are anyway. Ill give you that there are extreme cases. My father was 6-4 155# at 20 years old lol. Now hes 230# at 60 years old and he doesnt even train, just works his ass off.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2011, 02:22:15 PM »
I truly belive somatotypes is a factor of many things, including how you behaved as a child through adolescents.  I was a pure ecto but shorter at 5-8 140#. But i also never stoped moving. If you tried to catogrize me now, youd say I'm meso ecto. All because of bodybuilding strength training. And if you can change your type, it realy doesnt matter what your are anyway. Ill give you that there are extreme cases. My father was 6-4 155# at 20 years old lol. Now hes 230# at 60 years old and he doesnt even train, just works his ass off.

this could very well be true. I look like an ecto/meso right now also because of training, however I would be skin and bones if I didn't workout. I have been skinny bones my entire life, I have allways been the weakest and the skinnyest. When I was 10 years old in 4th grade I weighted 45lbs but I ate perfectly normal like a kid, candys, desserts, food. Never did any hard sports and then there was my friend in the same class as i was in 4th grade who did ice hockey regularly and was very active while I played video games and he was fatter than I was, everyone had that little flabby fat on them atleast, except me. i could do the vacuum pose back then and i didn't even know it was something special, I just did it.

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2011, 02:25:28 PM »
Definitely. If i stopped working out and just surfed 24 7 like i used to, I would be a rail.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2011, 02:29:37 PM »
tadaa!

but I think you pointed out well that being a skinny man has also to do how you grew up as a child and what not, but it doesn't explain the kids who are active in sports but have that soft look in them... because I have never had that layer of fat on me that makes me look like a skinny fat, I was allways skinny.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2011, 02:49:40 PM »
MOS = endomorph....through and through

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2011, 02:53:06 PM »
No shit !! LOL   ;D

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2011, 04:19:46 PM »
this could very well be true. I look like an ecto/meso right now also because of training, however I would be skin and bones if I didn't workout. I have been skinny bones my entire life, I have allways been the weakest and the skinnyest. When I was 10 years old in 4th grade I weighted 45lbs but I ate perfectly normal like a kid, candys, desserts, food. Never did any hard sports and then there was my friend in the same class as i was in 4th grade who did ice hockey regularly and was very active while I played video games and he was fatter than I was, everyone had that little flabby fat on them atleast, except me. i could do the vacuum pose back then and i didn't even know it was something special, I just did it.

I'm similar - won't put an ounce of fat no matter what my diet/activity level is. And while I loose quality weight fast, I start to think it's a blessing, as I see all the guys in the gym struggling year round to at least be able to see their abs (while I can see it clearly after a night of pigging out on a ton of food lol..  It's basically just about piling lean mass and not worrying about getting fat. pretty damn great...