Author Topic: Interesting article about stress  (Read 1742 times)

cephissus

• Getbig V
Interesting article about stress
« on: December 11, 2011, 09:57:08 PM »
http://www.pccnaturalmarkets.com/sc/1112/stress_diet.html

Stress can be described as the body’s response to a life event. The event, or stressor, often is thought of as something negative, but it also may be a positive occurrence. Stress rating scales classify marriage as just as much of a stress as divorce.

Perhaps the best visualization of stress is the “fight-or-flight” response. Evolutionarily we responded to the stress of being attacked by a lion either by mustering our courage to fight, or screaming and running. Whichever choice we made involved the adaptation of our body to the new circumstances. Short-term stressors, such as the attack by the lion, actually can be good for us — they keep us on our toes, so to speak. Prolonged stress is what gnaws away at us.

Being attacked by the lion is one thing, but having it pacing just outside your cave day after day is another. It gets on our nerves and steals our focus. The inability to respond to a chronic situation is particularly hard on the body. It would be much healthier if we could quit the job we hate, or punch the badgering boss, but more likely we have to stuff our emotions and delay acting for weeks, months or even years.

Stress creates measurable responses throughout the body, increasing blood pressure, pulse and muscle tightness. Sleep suffers, the gut churns, the mind races and a host of internal chemical changes try to adapt. Basic functions such as digestion, tissue repair and reproduction all are placed on the back burner.

Our health is severely impacted by long-term stress (the lion pacing in front of the cave). In the case of an immediate threat that we can respond to, turning down other systems, such as repair and digestion, are entirely appropriate. You’re being attacked by a lion, so dinner can wait. Long-term stress, on the other hand, causes ongoing damage throughout the body.

The assault of ongoing stress impacts our health in many ways. Fatigue and lack of stamina are common. Blood pressure rises early on but may become low as adrenal fatigue sets in. The hyper-vigilant response may be sensitivity to light, insomnia, anxiety and even panic attacks followed by periods of depression and loss of motivation.

Digestion falters, causing gas, bloating, diarrhea, constipation and heartburn (not from too much acid, but from inflammation). Levels of hormones such as thyroid, testosterone and estrogen initially may swing widely, then drop. Inflammation rises, causing muscle and joint pain, skin irritation, blood vessel damage, bone loss, allergies and other chronic health problems.

Jizzacked

Re: Interesting article about stress
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 10:22:13 PM »
intredasting read bro...have you been stressed out?  maybe that's why the only pump you can get these days is when you break out the penis pump?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 10:29:02 PM »

no but seriously pretty interesting. people with stressfull jobs seem to age prematurely and bad.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 12:57:29 AM »
intredasting read bro...have you been stressed out?  maybe that's why the only pump you can get these days is when you break out the penis pump?

;D

dustin

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 01:17:02 AM »
Stress levels are ridiculous these days. I do my thing and get by with rational, forward thinking thoughts. I set goals and achieve them, but circumstances aren't always ideal and shit happens. After any negative event I try to quickly and calmly assess the damage, observe and construct a solution. I don't bullshit and get emotional over it. If I snap for a bit, I snap, but quickly recover - I'm only human and not perfect at abstaining from letting my emotions overwhelm yet (I'm usually cool as a fucking cucumber).

No matter how small or big, I salvage what I can and learn from the situation. Life's going to throw curve balls so you need to know how to hit them or at least not strike out. I just think of that shit as an unexpected learning opportunity. Life's too fucking short to be stressed!

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 01:25:05 AM »
Any drugs out there that are specifically for dealing with stress & stress hormone?

I know of 11-OXO aka CEL 11 Sterone. I've been taking 5-8 caps of LGI 11-x which is a clone and I've got to say now I can finally use some ADD stimulants which in the past turned me into a stressed out mess unable for focus on shit for more then 10 minutes. A friend of mine who has even more severe anxiety issues began taking 11 Sterone as well and he also commented on a perceptible decrease in anxiety levels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrenosterone
all drugs - TPPIIP

dustin

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 01:42:04 AM »
Any drugs out there that are specifically for dealing with stress & stress hormone?

I know of 11-OXO aka CEL 11 Sterone. I've been taking 5-8 caps of LGI 11-x which is a clone and I've got to say now I can finally use some ADD stimulants which in the past turned me into a stressed out mess unable for focus on shit for more then 10 minutes. A friend of mine who has even more severe anxiety issues began taking 11 Sterone as well and he also commented on a perceptible decrease in anxiety levels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrenosterone

I remember the guy from Ergopharm was talking about that stuff. That's back when I never used any AAS so I would need to check into it again.

Maybe if I can find some cheap stuff I'll give it a shot. I was always curious about that, and I have been under tremendous, inescapable stress lately...

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 02:20:30 AM »
I remember the guy from Ergopharm was talking about that stuff. That's back when I never used any AAS so I would need to check into it again.

Maybe if I can find some cheap stuff I'll give it a shot. I was always curious about that, and I have been under tremendous, inescapable stress lately...

Its not good for musce mass or strength gain but as for cortisol control as far as I am aware it is unique at the moment. Still available and not expensive, definitely worth a shot.
all drugs - TPPIIP

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 03:11:13 AM »
being stressed is definetely not good for training, I know this my self from my own experience, no need for any super doctors to tell me yes or no.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 03:54:31 AM »
people indeed stress too much, working working working. damn we have only one life, enjoy.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 04:07:29 AM »
people indeed stress too much, working working working. damn we have only one life, enjoy.

it's not work, it's about other peoples expectations that people stress about if they stress.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 04:20:04 AM »
what affects has it had on your training, specifically?

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 04:58:14 AM »
what affects has it had on your training, specifically?

Not careing to push it to the limit, not having the drive to be focused on the weight, not liking it, rather having an easyer workout...

and when I'm in a good mood I have the "Oh yeah, lets do this, ameeericaaa, fuck yeaah!" drive to push it.

Tito24

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 10:03:39 AM »
interadasting

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 10:08:17 AM »
stressed backwards is desserts.

Tito24

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 10:09:50 AM »
stressed backwards is desserts.

thats amazing?

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 10:31:56 AM »
thats amazing?
He just found out. Let him have his 15 secs of getbig glory...

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 10:32:24 AM »
yes, we know stress is bad.  hearing about how unhealthy stress is makes me stress about being stressed.

now give us the cure