Author Topic: 2012 Los Angeles Fit Expo - NPC Ironman - Jan 28-29  (Read 7779 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
2012 Los Angeles Fit Expo - NPC Ironman - Jan 28-29
« on: December 13, 2011, 03:52:11 PM »
The first 'event' of the 2012 year for many of us will be the 2012 Los Angeles Fit Expo, and the NPC Ironman Naturally, held in downtown Los Angeles at the L.A. Convention Center, on January 28-29th.   Last year,  over 35,000 people walked through the doors of the expo, which made it quite busy and pretty cool for many of the vendors that were there, including Cytosport, American Bodybuilding, Optimum, BSN, Gaspari and many others.  Here is a promo video of the 2011 event.

On Saturday, Jay Cutler, Ronnie Coleman, Rich Gaspari, Lou Ferrigno, Roland Kickinger and quite a few others will be in attendance. 

Bodybuilding.com will have its annual finals of the Bodyspace competition, and we will be there too, covering the action.

1stkeepitreal

• Getbig III
Re: 2012 Los Angeles Fit Expo - NPC Ironman - Jan 28-29
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 12:20:53 PM »
And people care about Ferigno - why?   Maybe for an overpriced autograph?  The guy really should find a job or go into retirement already

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 03:02:39 PM »
And people care about Ferigno - why?   Maybe for an overpriced autograph?  The guy really should find a job or go into retirement already

Funny - it seems that whenever he is around, there is always a line to meet him.  The man played the Incredible Hulk, and with Comic Con rising like crazy, and Marvel Pictures continuing to dominate, including the Avengers coming up next year, people just want to meet Lou, and he will take advantage of it, charging $20.   Funny thing is that, we all complain about it in the bodybuilding and expo industry, yet in the Comic Book and movie industry, and sports worlds, people pay for autographs all of the time.  Oh well..

Yes, he will be there, as will quite a few others.

The 2012 Fit Expo is going to be another record breaking attendance event here in Los Angeles

1stkeepitreal

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 03:13:55 PM »
Funny - it seems that whenever he is around, there is always a line to meet him.  The man played the Incredible Hulk, and with Comic Con rising like crazy, and Marvel Pictures continuing to dominate, including the Avengers coming up next year, people just want to meet Lou, and he will take advantage of it, charging $20.   Funny thing is that, we all complain about it in the bodybuilding and expo industry, yet in the Comic Book and movie industry, and sports worlds, people pay for autographs all of the time.  Oh well..

The 2012 Fit Expo is going to be another record breaking attendance event here in Los Angeles

Tennis, football, basketball or boxing stars for example charge for autographs when visiting with their fans?  On the contrary I think its only bodybuilding that charge the fee.  You are correct though if people will pay Lou will take.....

portwine

• Getbig II
  • beans, baby, beans
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 10:52:30 PM »
finally gonna be in La this year for it. I'm totally going!!!!

milk milk lemonade a

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 08:45:34 AM »

Guy is busy from morning to night at that thing. Haters gotta hate I guess.

portwine

• Getbig II
  • beans, baby, beans
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 12:04:20 PM »
at ComiCon people aren't charged for photos or autographs
with the exception of lou's booth.  Couple years ago one of
his lil assistants actually tried to chase me down after taking a
photo at comicon.   I met a ton of actors and artists, but I kinda
did fan-tard out on him when we were talking. 
milk milk lemonade a

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 10:59:14 PM »
ttt

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 08:47:23 AM »
looks great. i'd love to be able to go. i'd be scrounging so many freebies, i'd need a wheelbarrow to get the stuff home  :D

Last Rep

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 10:32:01 PM »
Went in 2011 great day.Will be there again this year.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 09:24:20 AM »
i went last year... maybe ill check it out again this year again... i think subway had coupons for $15 a day .....last year people were making fun of the Big DOWN HILL life size poster board, i saw more people shake their heads and laugh then to actually put their face in it

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Los Angeles Fit Expo - What GB are going to the expo?
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 08:43:30 PM »
 ???
Mr. AZ 2003

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
Re: what GB are going to the expo?
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 08:52:31 PM »
???

I should be there this year.

Not sure if i'm more excited about the Expo or the bar they have in town { the name escapes me, but I know exactly where it's at } that serves EXCELLENT BEER !!! Yuuuuuuummmmmmmm !!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
2012 NPC Ironman Naturally Info (during the L.A. Fit Expo)
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 09:57:08 PM »
Well, the first NPC contest of the season here in California, and in January too!  It is going to be a very nice weekend here in Los Angeles, and currently, over 110 competitors will be competing on Saturday at the NPC Ironman Naturally at the Fit Expo.  Since it an expo, and the contest is in the expo at the Los Angeles Convention Center, the times for prejudging and finals are different!

Here is the information...

When:  Saturday, January 28, 2012

Where: Los Angeles Convention Center

Competitor briefing at 8 AM SHARP!! SOUTH HALL, ROOM 407.  Check-ins immediately following at 8:30 AM.  It is imperative that you are on time.  Be sure to allow extra time to get to the briefing area, which will be clearly marked. The LA Convention Center is extremely large and you will need extra travel time to get from the parking lots to the briefing/check-in room.

Prejudging is scheduled to start at 10 AM  in the South Hall, where the FitExpo is located. All competitors must proceed to the backstage area before prejudging begins. The judging process will move along switfly, so please pay close attention to the expeditors instructions.  

Finals are scheduled for 4 PM, however, we hope to start by 3:45 PM, so don't stray too far.  All competitors must return to the backstage area of the South Hall no later than 3 PM.    

We have very tight time constraints; the contest is just one of numerous events taking place that day and we will be sharing space with other programs. It is critical that all competitors are where they should be at the time they are expected.  Remember,  you've worked hard to get to this point and you don't want to miss your stage time.  Drug testing will be random polygraph testing during and after prejudging.  You will be notified during prejudging if you are selected to take the test. Each test will take approximately 30 minutes.  All results are final.

NPC cards ($100) can be purchased at check-ins; cash or check only.

Only competitors and staff are allowed backstage. Competitors will receive a badge with a green dot, allowing entrance into the Fit Expo and the backstage area.  You must wear it at all times, except when on stage. You will also be given one wrist band for a guest, which is good for Saturday, January 28.

Everyone poses at the finals; 60 seconds for Men's Bodybuilding and Women's Physique.  Model turns for Men's Physique, Figure and Bikini.  

Bodybuilders and Women's Physique competitors, bring one CD with one song (no profanity) to the briefing/check-ins. Overall winners of the Open Men, Novice Men, Women’s and Men’s Physique, Figure, and Bikini all need to stay for photos at the end of the Finals.  Thank you for entering the 2012 IMN; I know you've all worked and dieted your tails off to get ready for this contest.  Let's get ready to rumble!

Lonnie Teper
IMN Coordinator
Editor-at-Large IRONMAN Magazine
www.ironmanmagazine.com/naturally

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Los Angeles Fit Expo - What GB are going to the expo?
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 10:27:30 PM »

Will be there Saturday and Sunday.  Taking pictures. Meeeting vendors. Meeting customers.  First event of 2012. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 10:55:21 PM »
Went last year, might hit it up again.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 11:04:44 PM »

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 11:10:43 PM »
I'll be at the Iron Man booth.
and keep moving!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 08:13:52 AM »
Anyone from San Diego want to Carpool?  Seriously.  I don't want to drive up myself.  Plus my honking big SUV will cost be hundreds in Gas just to get there.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 07:52:12 PM »
Which is the better day to go? I might come up Sunday, is it worth it ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 11:34:08 PM »
Which is the better day to go? I might come up Sunday, is it worth it ???

I think Saturday is the best day. But the strong man finals are Sunday and that's a good show.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2012, 08:13:09 AM »
What time Sunday?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

DaneFletcher

• Getbig I
  • Cheers!
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2012, 02:43:47 PM »
My boys from Vitamin Jungle will be in attendance and have a booth, if you see them, stop by for free swagg

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2012, 03:40:00 PM »
What time Sunday?

I was incorrect. It's only on Saturday. :/

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2012, 04:59:41 PM »
Hmmmm, could be difficult to make it Sat.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!