Author Topic: NBC/WSJ: Gingrich At 40% With GOP, But Would Be Crushed By Obama  (Read 2417 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
NBC/WSJ: Gingrich At 40% With GOP, But Would Be Crushed By Obama
« on: December 14, 2011, 05:05:44 AM »
In the most pronounced contrast between former House Speaker Newt Gingrich’s position within the Republican primary contest and his standing in a matchup against President Obama, Gingrich has taken a commanding lead in a new national poll from NBC News and the Wall Street Journal. Newt gets 40 percent of the GOP vote nationally, the highest total for any candidate in the past few months. He’s currently 17 points above his main competitor, Mitt Romney.

But the data also shows that Gingrich is a much weaker candidate against President Obama nationally. While Romney is only bested by the President by two points within the poll, Gingrich is crushed 51 - 40, showing the expansive disconnect between the GOP voters’ desire to have a non-Romney candidate and the chances that candidate has in the general election.

“Why the difference between Gingrich and Romney? Look no further than their favorability ratings,” MSNBC wrote in their analysis of the poll. “Gingrich enjoys strong numbers among Republicans (46 percent positive vs. 21 percent negative), conservatives (42 percent positive vs. 23 percent negative) and Tea Party supporters (54 percent positive vs. 16 percent negative). In fact, they are higher than Romney’s numbers among these same three key Republican groups.”

But that’s as far as the Gingrich appeal goes, according to the data. “Gingrich struggles with other important voting blocs — like women (20 percent positive vs. 38 percent negative), independents (16 percent positive vs. 40 percent negative) and suburban residents (25 percent positive vs. 41 percent negative),” MSNBC continued. “By comparison, Romney fares better among women (22 percent positive vs. 31 percent negative), independents (21 percent positive vs. 29 percent negative) and suburban dwellers (29 percent positive vs. 30 percent negative).”

-more-

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/12/nbcwsj-gingrich-hits-40-percent-among-gop-down-against-obama-by-11.php?ref=fpb

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
Re: NBC/WSJ: Gingrich At 40% With GOP, But Would Be Crushed By Obama
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 05:42:12 AM »
oops.
quick, a reply to support Newt from McWay or 333386...
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 05:43:56 AM »
oops.
quick, a reply to support Newt from McWay or 333386...

I dont support Newt.  He is my least favorite of all of them. 

I am for Paul Bachmann 2012  - Yoda / Hell Cat   vs the Communist Neo-Terrorist Traitor / Bumbles Biden

A vote for Obama is a vote for our collapse.   

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 06:00:47 AM »
Bachmann is a bigger idiot than the rest of the candidates. 

Good luck in that support.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 06:01:35 AM »
57 states.  you all deserve to be burned at the stake with cooking oil if you have ever watched an obama speech without punching someone else in the room.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 06:05:45 AM »
57 states.  you all deserve to be burned at the stake with cooking oil if you have ever watched an obama speech without punching someone else in the room.

And kicking the tv and shooting the Dog.

There is not one sane reason to vote for obama again.     

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 06:10:08 AM »
And yet you got 4 more years of sucking his black cock staring you in the face.

What then?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 06:18:44 AM »

What then?

Again - other than childish attacks - please tell me why you are voting for obama again.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 07:02:29 AM »

What then?

Answer.   What will it be?  Another 4 years and 80,000 posts?  4 more years of whining?  Crying?  Never leaving home?  Answer!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 07:04:07 AM »

Answer.   What will it be?  Another 4 years and 80,000 posts?  4 more years of whining?  Crying?  Never leaving home?  Answer!

So long as Obama continues to run guns to cartels, launders drug money, collapses the economy, engages in ChavezEsqe behavior, appoints criminals to all levels of govt, pisses away our money on corrupt thugs, etc, damn riht I will post about it. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 08:18:18 AM »
Because your whining has made a real difference so far.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 08:22:27 AM »
Wow!  :o

I didn't expect Newt's poll numbers to be that bad, considering the CBS poll which showed that 54% of Americans didn't think Obama deserved a second term. I thought that would translate into a guaranteed win for the GOP candidate.

Where does this leave us Republicans? There's Ron Paul, who could win if he wasn't being smeared by the likes of Rush Limbaugh and Mark Levin who are trying to tear the Republican Party apart. There's Mitt Romney who I think could win the general election, but he is burdened by his past stance on many key issues and his convenient flip-flopping. There's Rick Perry, who looked promising until his terrible debate performances. There's Michele Bachmann who is a crazy Christian bitch - and I honestly don't think that the average voter is ready for a woman President, especially if she's Republican. There's Rick Santorum who is a whiny crybaby and too socially conservative to win the election.

I hate to say it... but I think Jon Huntsman might be the GOP's best shot? He's not solid on fiscal or economic issues, but he doesn't carry the baggage that the others do. His "moderate" streak could help him immensely in a general election, especially his positions on immigration, gay rights, and Afghanistan which could MAYBE steal some of Obama's left-wing base. He is good-looking and somewhat Presidential which matters a lot for the average uninformed voter. His challenge is getting the Republican nomination - which seems highly unlikely at this point due to the speed with which the first primaries are coming up.

At this point, I would prefer a Jon Huntsman Presidency over all of the other Republicans except for Ron Paul and Gary Johnson. But I would still probably vote third party if Huntsman were the GOP nominee.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 08:30:43 AM »
speaking of Huntsmann - he was rated the MOST conservative cnadiadte by george will, eric erickson, and the WSJ.

The most conseravtive columnist, blogger, and publication - they all called Huntsy the #1 most conseravtive guy in the race.

Yet "he worked for obama...." is all morons remember.  What's up with that?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 08:33:49 AM »
speaking of Huntsmann - he was rated the MOST conservative cnadiadte by george will, eric erickson, and the WSJ.

The most conseravtive columnist, blogger, and publication - they all called Huntsy the #1 most conseravtive guy in the race.

Huntsman made a HHHHUUUGGGEEE  mistake in how he rolled out his campaign. 

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 08:40:22 AM »

Meh... I don't consider myself a conservative, so I won't comment on that, but I do have my own issues with Huntsman.

Pros: Free trade, Diplomacy, Afghanistan, gun rights, China, OK record on taxes, OK on gay rights, seems good on immigration

Cons: Bad record on spending, terrible position on Israel & Iran, wrong on bailouts and "stimulus" spending

My main fear is Jon Huntsman being a George W. Bush repeat when it comes to fiscal/economic issues.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 09:07:08 AM »
I have said I like the Paul/Huntsman combo.

Mitt however is the default candidate and really the only one that can beat Obama in the election if the nutjobs stand behind him while he pulls independents and moderates.  Do you see independents or moderates voting for dumbass Perry?  Or batshit Bachmann?  Or that laughable Cain?  No one is going to vote for Sanororororotum anyway.  He is just stealing oxygen from the debates.

That aside, out of all the Repubs running only Paul and Romney are solid VP material at best.  Yes, VP material.  There is no outstanding POTUS candidate on that stage.  And after Paul and Romney, the rest of the litter box is nothing more than 3rd tier VP wannabees.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 09:09:00 AM »
I have said I like the Paul/Huntsman combo.

Mitt however is the default candidate and really the only one that can beat Obama in the election if the nutjobs stand behind him while he pulls independents and moderates.  Do you see independents or moderates voting for dumbass Perry?  Or batshit Bachmann?  Or that laughable Cain?  No one is going to vote for Sanororororotum anyway.  He is just stealing oxygen from the debates.

That aside, out of all the Repubs running only Paul and Romney are solid VP material at best.  Yes, VP material.  There is no outstanding POTUS candidate on that stage.  And after Paul and Romney, the rest of the litter box is nothing more than 3rd tier VP wannabees.

LOL!!!!!   and remind me why Obama was presidential material in 2008 again considering the fact that his record was dratically less than that of Romney? 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 09:34:33 AM »

LOL!!!!!   and remind me why Obama was presidential material in 2008 again considering the fact that his record was dratically less than that of Romney? 

To me he wasn't.  I was behind Hillary.   When Obama won out, I still wasn't behind him.  I waited.  He picked Biden and I was like "ho-hum.  Let's see what McCain does".  McCain picked Palin and that sealed the deal for me.  I didn't vote for Obama as much as I voted against Palin. 

Romney and Obama are not very different at all.  Basically skin color only.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 12:21:49 PM »
newt needs cardio

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 03:04:51 PM »
Again - other than childish attacks - please tell me why you are voting for obama again.
because the average of my investments has been over 24% annual return.
w

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 05:25:41 PM »
because the average of my investments has been over 24% annual return.

And what would have the return been without Obama?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2011, 06:15:51 PM »
In the most pronounced contrast between former House Speaker Newt Gingrich’s position within the Republican primary contest and his standing in a matchup against President Obama, Gingrich has taken a commanding lead in a new national poll from NBC News and the Wall Street Journal. Newt gets 40 percent of the GOP vote nationally, the highest total for any candidate in the past few months. He’s currently 17 points above his main competitor, Mitt Romney.

But the data also shows that Gingrich is a much weaker candidate against President Obama nationally. While Romney is only bested by the President by two points within the poll, Gingrich is crushed 51 - 40, showing the expansive disconnect between the GOP voters’ desire to have a non-Romney candidate and the chances that candidate has in the general election.

“Why the difference between Gingrich and Romney? Look no further than their favorability ratings,” MSNBC wrote in their analysis of the poll. “Gingrich enjoys strong numbers among Republicans (46 percent positive vs. 21 percent negative), conservatives (42 percent positive vs. 23 percent negative) and Tea Party supporters (54 percent positive vs. 16 percent negative). In fact, they are higher than Romney’s numbers among these same three key Republican groups.”

But that’s as far as the Gingrich appeal goes, according to the data. “Gingrich struggles with other important voting blocs — like women (20 percent positive vs. 38 percent negative), independents (16 percent positive vs. 40 percent negative) and suburban residents (25 percent positive vs. 41 percent negative),” MSNBC continued. “By comparison, Romney fares better among women (22 percent positive vs. 31 percent negative), independents (21 percent positive vs. 29 percent negative) and suburban dwellers (29 percent positive vs. 30 percent negative).”

-more-

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/12/nbcwsj-gingrich-hits-40-percent-among-gop-down-against-obama-by-11.php?ref=fpb

Gingrich has just way too many holes to poke...1.6 from Fannie Mae, 300,000 dollar congressional fine, 2 affairs while married....delivering divorce papers to his wife while she's in the hospital with cancer.....how do you overcome 20 years of shit accumulated????

Then there's Romney.....he's obviously not liked by the party because they've leapfrogged every other contender ahead of him.  And of course there's the "Mormon Religion".....he'll get killed in the Bible Belt.

Obama could not have a better set of circumstances...he's going to compete against a very weak and very battered opponent  and will have the resources to crush him
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2011, 06:24:21 PM »
You forgot the one big thing Obama fears Vince - his record of failure, treason, disaster,  incompetence , etc.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2011, 06:40:15 PM »
You forgot the one big thing Obama fears Vince - his record of failure, treason, disaster,  incompetence , etc.

Obama has gotten rid of Bin Laden and Ghadaffi, passed Obamacare, eliminated numerous terrorist leaders, ended Don't Ask Don't Tell, closed out the war in Iraq, etc......

I don't think that's failure dipshit. 
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2011, 06:41:38 PM »

Obama has gotten rid of Bin Laden and Ghadaffi, passed Obamacare, eliminated numerous terrorist leaders, ended Don't Ask Don't Tell, closed out the war in Iraq, etc......

I don't think that's failure dipshit. 

That is funny considering Obama will not run on any of those things other than obi.