Author Topic: Great comment from someone who s been "cage fighting" for 6 months  (Read 2167 times)

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
By the water fountain at the gym theres this guy whos been doing cage fighting training or whatever for 6 months, i asked him how it was going was he enjoying it,etc.

He said yeh man, i tell ya what i can do now, phew, if Mike Tyson walked in here and started shit id just grab him, put him on the ground and fuck him up!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: Great comment from someone who s been "cage fighting" for 6 months
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 09:59:59 AM »
By the water fountain at the gym theres this guy whos been doing cage fighting training or whatever for 6 months, i asked him how it was going was he enjoying it,etc.

He said yeh man, i tell ya what i can do now, phew, if Mike Tyson walked in here and started shit id just grab him, put him on the ground and fuck him up!

lol...full of piss and vinegar....

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 10:02:16 AM »

You should have hit him and see how reacts, my guess is he would have cried
Thunderdome approved

the trainer

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 10:56:30 AM »

6 months is not enough time to know enough to fuck up mike tyson he would end up in the hospital.

SmallPole

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 11:01:13 AM »
6 months is not enough time to know enough to fuck up mike tyson he would end up in the hospital.

thanks for that clarification cpt. obvious

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 11:01:52 AM »
Much like newly converted Christians/AA attendees/NA attendees, new members of fighting systems are often times a wee bit overzealous.
Good for him that his cage fighting system has instilled some confidence in him, but hopefully, he doesn't display this false confidence in the wrong arena.

SmallPole

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 11:04:06 AM »
Much like newly converted Christians/AA attendees/NA attendees, new members of fighting systems are often times a wee bit overzealous.
Good for him that his cage fighting system has instilled some confidence in him, but hopefully, he doesn't display this false confidence in the wrong arena.

i think it would actually be fun if some mediocre boxer smashed his dickface in

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 11:09:07 AM »

Why?
Someone with some experience should pull him aside and tell him the real deal.
The baddest dude I knew looked like he was probably Captain of the chess team, not one of the most accomplished aikido/judo players on the East Coast.  He was about 4 years older than me, and really in to Dungeons and Dragons and other RPGs.  I didn't even know he was into aikido, and I decided to take aikido with a friend of mine (I was 16).  Who is assisting the sensei?  The dude I knew from playing D&D. 
He was lightning fast, tough, and nobody would ever even suspect it.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 11:10:45 AM »
Fucking spot-on!! The worst thing about the boon in popularity of MMA is how you meet a new guy every day who's a "fighter."

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 11:36:36 AM »
Sounds like a pretty tough bro, you should watch your step around the office.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 11:39:37 AM »
6 months is not even enough to beat Mike Tyson today, even if he had a gimp leg and a one glass eye.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 12:54:24 PM »
ooh I dunno there's alot of hard nuts strutting around in tapout tshirts these days who must be tough! ;)
6 months is not even enough to beat Mike Tyson today, even if he had a gimp leg and a one glass eye.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 01:00:31 PM »
thanks for that clarification cpt. obvious

Those were some good south parks  ;D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 01:05:44 PM »
I'm not sure what to think of a man who likes to be locked in a cage with another man.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 02:04:34 PM »
I'm not sure what to think of a man who likes to be locked in a cage with another man.

sounds like a normal friday worknight to me

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 02:07:04 PM »

lol, my guess is that Mike Tyson wasn't there though. :D

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 02:15:32 PM »
6 months of hard training is enough to acquire a good amount of skill. however  it takes about  2 years  to condition your bones and skin to take hits to hang with any pro fighter.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 02:43:36 PM »
6 months of hard training is enough to acquire a good amount of skill. however  it takes about  2 years  to condition your bones and skin to take hits to hang with any pro fighter.

Haha

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

MikMaq

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 08:53:27 PM »
I"d rather get some homeless fuck to fight him for a 2 dolla sandwich.

It's the internet age, everyone's special.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 06:16:51 AM »

I remember one of his kind of guys from taekwondo. This guy was good, 16 years old  green belt and he really kick ass in his class. In one tournament he was bragging how good he was, so I told him that he is right, he really is too good in his class, so why don't you go and do some sparring  with those guys from the open class. He walk over there like owner of the place, and after a short while of furious beating, he was limping back crying. I ask him what the matter, didn't you like sparring with big guys, and all what he could say, was: "Jesus how hard they hit".  Never see this guy again, he start swimming as soon as the bruising disappeared. Like this guy, the guy you met will learn it hard way, and that will be ugly.  

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 06:50:40 AM »

You sound like a tough customer.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 06:58:14 AM »
I wrestled in high school, and during/after did a little Brazilian jiu-jitsu and dabbled a bit in MMA. The thing is that a striker stands a very small chance of knocking you out if you have a good takedown game.

That said, most jiu-jitsu and MMA guys have a terrible takedown game. When I was a 125lb-130lb high school wrestler, I could easily takedown 180lb jiu-jitseiros. And even if I couldn't take someone down, they could never take me down; it didn't matter how much of a weight or strength advantage they had over me. I was a pretty terrible wrestler mind you (only 1 varsity win my senior year) so that goes to show you how bad their takedown game is. So unless that guy's MMA school has a good wrestling instructor, I'd question his ability to takedown Mike Tyson.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2011, 07:11:12 AM »
10+ years - then you can pose a little bit.
Though the more you do the more you know how you suck, so Fort Brag is only open in the beginning.