Author Topic: Another Pride "Legend" exposed and humiliated....  (Read 16963 times)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Re: Another Pride "Legend" exposed and humiliated....
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2011, 01:27:39 PM »
mir is a very well rounded fighter

he can finish a fight from anywhere

anyone who says he is second rate knows nothing about mma

I'm with ya on this.  Mir can be totally looking like he's finished in a fight, then come back and win.  See the first Lesnar fight and his latest win over Nog.

Personally I think Mir is underrated by some guys on here.  He's gotta be tops in the HW div on subs.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2011, 02:25:43 PM »
Quote from Mir:

"We don't have the type of depth that the other weight classes have and I think it's only a benefit to move them (Strikeforce heavyweights) over to us. I guess I have a bad taste in my mouth because of what happened when I first started my career. I had to always hear about, 'Oh, you guys are good, but the PRIDE guys would kick your butt.' There is no comparison and then that frustration of not being able to get to them. And then when Nogueira came over and Mirko, ( I ) got a hold of them. 'Yeah, but there is still Fedor.' I don't want to hear that. I want to know that anybody that is in the division, it's like if you think you can beat me, 'Hey Joe Silva, is he clear?' Okay, cool, let's fight. Now we can solve it you know? That whole unattainable thing just drives me insane."
w

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2011, 05:57:18 AM »
MS:  just noticed your avatar..  haha!  Funny!

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2011, 12:38:03 PM »
Quote from Mir:

"We don't have the type of depth that the other weight classes have and I think it's only a benefit to move them (Strikeforce heavyweights) over to us. I guess I have a bad taste in my mouth because of what happened when I first started my career. I had to always hear about, 'Oh, you guys are good, but the PRIDE guys would kick your butt.' There is no comparison and then that frustration of not being able to get to them. And then when Nogueira came over and Mirko, ( I ) got a hold of them. 'Yeah, but there is still Fedor.' I don't want to hear that. I want to know that anybody that is in the division, it's like if you think you can beat me, 'Hey Joe Silva, is he clear?' Okay, cool, let's fight. Now we can solve it you know? That whole unattainable thing just drives me insane."

Anything Mir says should be taken for what its worth, not very much. If you wanna hear a solid opinion on the sport, see Bas Rutten. Don't bring in quotes from an obvious egomaniac whos best interest is in promoting American mma only.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2011, 02:45:13 PM »
Anything Mir says should be taken for what its worth, not very much. If you wanna hear a solid opinion on the sport, see Bas Rutten. Don't bring in quotes from an obvious egomaniac whos best interest is in promoting American mma only.

Yeah...I'll have to disagree with you here.  Bas does have a great MMA mind and I respect his opinion.  I watch him every week on MMA live.  But, Frank is one of the most articulate and intelligent fighters out there.  The way he breaks down fights and his ability to trash talk are awesome.
w

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2011, 03:45:19 PM »
Yeah...I'll have to disagree with you here.  Bas does have a great MMA mind and I respect his opinion.  I watch him every week on MMA live.  But, Frank is one of the most articulate and intelligent fighters out there.  The way he breaks down fights and his ability to trash talk are awesome.
I agree.  Frank would not duck anyone.  He may not win them all, but he ain't scared either.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2011, 09:32:38 AM »

Meh, he is like the Charles Barkley of the sport..

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2011, 10:56:52 AM »
second tier pride fighter alistair overeem just owned the face of the ufc, brock lesnar

pride has been done for almost 5 years, the fighters are still dominating mma 8)

E
E

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2011, 02:48:55 PM »
second tier pride fighter alistair overeem just owned the face of the ufc, brock lesnar

pride has been done for almost 5 years, the fighters are still dominating mma 8)

E

yes, Mindless needs to address this and sort it out for us  ;D

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2012, 04:52:38 PM »

E

And I predicted as such.  I've been saying Reem is one of the best for years.  What's your point?
w

suckmymuscle

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2012, 06:15:04 PM »
And I predicted as such.  I've been saying Reem is one of the best for years.  What's your point?

The point is that you start a thread about how PRIDE FC sucked, and right after that a former PRIDE fighter who was not even in the top tier beats the shit out of the guy all UFC fanboys believed would demolish any PRIDE heavyweight. The point is that you are retarded and get owned every time you post.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2012, 07:12:19 PM »

I think a very large foot is going to come down and squash you here soon..

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2012, 07:48:09 PM »

Bahahahaha, this is one of the most blatant lies I've ever seen.

Every time I come down to this board Mindspin is getting his ass handed to him by someone. Good to see some things never change.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2012, 08:27:05 AM »
I've critisized Dana on here more than anyone.  I've ranted about the shitty judging we have.  I've gone off about the unfair treatment of some fighters by the UFC.  And, I've predicted that Pride guys would beat UFC guys.  So, it's not about hugging the UFCs nuts for me.

What all of you Fedor nuthuggers still don't get, is that I've never given a shit about Pride or the UFC or any other org.  What I've always said is that we need one dominant organization so that we can have uniform rules and undisputed champs.  And, now we have that.

You guys, on the other hand, think Pride was the best thing ever.  That all Pride fighters were the best ever.  And now that Pride is gone, that MMA sucks.  Well guess what? Pride was not the best org ever.  Their top tier fighters failed when they came to the UFC.  And with Pride gone, MMA is the most popular its ever been.

So, keep pinning over your long lost love, but Pride ain't ever coming back...lol...
w

suckmymuscle

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2012, 09:03:09 AM »
I've critisized Dana on here more than anyone.  I've ranted about the shitty judging we have.  I've gone off about the unfair treatment of some fighters by the UFC.  And, I've predicted that Pride guys would beat UFC guys.  So, it's not about hugging the UFCs nuts for me.

What all of you Fedor nuthuggers still don't get, is that I've never given a shit about Pride or the UFC or any other org.  What I've always said is that we need one dominant organization so that we can have uniform rules and undisputed champs.  And, now we have that.

You guys, on the other hand, think Pride was the best thing ever.  That all Pride fighters were the best ever.  And now that Pride is gone, that MMA sucks.  Well guess what? Pride was not the best org ever.  Their top tier fighters failed when they came to the UFC.  And with Pride gone, MMA is the most popular its ever been.
So, keep pinning over your long lost love, but Pride ain't ever coming back...lol...

Ok, idiot, first of all, the number of PRIDE fighters who came to the UFC was not that great, so don't act like it would have been even possible for them to completely dominate the UFC. And FYI, they are at the top of the top of the pack. How many UFC belts did PRIDE guys win? Nog won it, Anderson won it and Shogun won it. That is 3 belts. Not bad when you consider that the total number of guys who came from PRIDE were only 5 or 6 guys. That makes their numbers of UFC belts proportionally far greater than that of UFC fighters.

As for the MMA now being more popular then ever due to the UFC, no shit. The Fertitas have aggressively expanded throughout the World, made T.V deals with everyone, etc. PRIDE was a Japanese show, and the Japanese wanted it to remain Japanese. And FYI, during the heyday of PRIDE which org had more viewers? PRIDE was watched by literally 10 X more people at least. And even if PRIDE were never as popular, this has no bearing in which is the best org. Snoop Dogg has a lot more following than Bach, and yet the latter was a much better musician. You are a moron.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2012, 11:14:26 AM »

overeem's victory over the face of the ufc proves that pride's legacy lives on 5 years after it's demise

pride clearly had the better fighters when both organizations were competing against each other, most of ufc's top guys from that era are now done while many of prides guys are still contenders

E
E

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2012, 12:43:31 PM »
overeem's victory over the face of the ufc proves that pride's legacy lives on 5 years after it's demise

pride clearly had the better fighters when both organizations were competing against each other, most of ufc's top guys from that era are now done while many of prides guys are still contenders

E

Earl, you just love to talk out of your ass and just make shit up to prove a point don't you?  Look at your last post...seriously...read it again and maybe you'll finally realize who no one likes you.
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2012, 06:19:42 PM »

Earl, you just love to talk out of your ass and just make shit up to prove a point don't you?  Look at your last post...seriously...read it again and maybe you'll finally realize who no one likes you.

haha the most hated guy on the mma forum is saying nobody likes me, how will i sleep tonight ::)

now what exactly did i make up?

E
E

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2012, 06:38:13 PM »
Pride definately had the better fighters pound for pound in thier primes then the UFC.  Fedor, Wandy, Cro-Cop, Big Nog, Rampage, Shogun, Henderson Etc... were the elite fighters in thier time.  If they all came over when they were younger, they would have dominated the UFC.  Remember when Dana and the UFC challenged Pride with thier poster boy Chuck Liddel vs. Rampage?

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2012, 07:19:53 PM »
PRIDE definitely had the most feared roster of fighters in the history of the sport, no doubt in my mind. Most of the top fighters in that org were not point fighters either, they went out with every intention of a finish, thats why they were the best.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2012, 10:29:39 AM »
You pinheads are missing the whole point. Whether or not Pride or the UFC had better fighters is irrelevant. If it were not for the UFC buying Pride, all you could do is speculate.  There is no more speculation. All the best fighters are now UFC fighters. And as it turns out, as a whole, Pride fighters didn't do too well in the UFC. Where's Fedor? Cropcop? Big Nog? And don't give me any shit about being past the prime ::) Lol
w

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2012, 11:06:32 AM »
Pride fighters didn't do too well in the UFC. Where's Fedor?

Yes, Fedor's UFC career was less than stellar...  ::)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2012, 12:59:44 PM »
You pinheads are missing the whole point. Whether or not Pride or the UFC had better fighters is irrelevant. If it were not for the UFC buying Pride, all you could do is speculate.  There is no more speculation. All the best fighters are now UFC fighters. And as it turns out, as a whole, Pride fighters didn't do too well in the UFC. Where's Fedor? Cropcop? Big Nog? And don't give me any shit about being past the prime ::) Lol
That's because they are all beat to shit now.  Most of the Pride guys came to the UFC with they're best days behind them.  Prime Rampage Whooped Prime Chuck.  You think anyone in the UFC would have stood a chance against Fedor, Crocop, and Wandy?  I'm not talking about now, they are punch drunk, and collecting paychecks at this point.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2012, 02:21:47 PM »
That's because they are all beat to shit now.  Most of the Pride guys came to the UFC with they're best days behind them.  Prime Rampage Whooped Prime Chuck.  You think anyone in the UFC would have stood a chance against Fedor, Crocop, and Wandy?  I'm not talking about now, they are punch drunk, and collecting paychecks at this point.

x2

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2012, 03:31:02 PM »

I sense the presence of a large foot about to come down and squash you..