Author Topic: Suspended for Tebowing, LOL  (Read 3184 times)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Suspended for Tebowing, LOL
« on: December 16, 2011, 08:06:47 AM »

Usually I don't have a problem with this stuff, but c'mon - stop blocking the fucking hallway.  Douchebags.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Suspended for Tebowing, LOL
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 10:30:38 AM »
They shouldn't be blocking the hallway, but pretty dumb thing for the school to do.  Most schools have bigger fish to fry than to worry about a bunch of kids take what was probably 30 seconds out to do a mock prayer. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 11:00:13 AM »
They shouldn't be blocking the hallway, but pretty dumb thing for the school to do.  Most schools have bigger fish to fry than to worry about a bunch of kids take what was probably 30 seconds out to do a mock prayer. 

i gotta feeling that if 4 muslims decided to block hallways to pray to mecca, many people here would support their suspensions.

bottm line, keep that religious shit out of school, and get outta my path so i can get to class.  Do whatever you want on your own time - worship God, allah, or a grilled chz sandwich, whatever makes you happy.  DOn't block the hallways, kids.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 11:01:55 AM »

Yeah, suspension is heavy handed but get against the fucking locker and out of the way.  This zero tolerance shit is getting out of hand in some districts.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 11:14:49 AM »
they could have done the prayer thing anywhere else except "in the middle of the hallway posing for cameras".

They deserve to be suspended for disrupting school.  They could have been doing anything - tebowing, praying to mecca, or playing ring-around-the-rosie... whatever they're doing, they are purposefully disrupting school. 

STFU and get to class kids.  You can circle jerk to your football hero later, we're trying to teach these kids to keep up with the chinese.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 11:15:27 AM »

Yeah, suspension is heavy handed but get against the fucking locker and out of the way.  This zero tolerance shit is getting out of hand in some districts.

Agree.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 11:52:33 AM »
They had prior warnings and a one day suspension is hardly a big deal

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 12:01:06 PM »
I agree with everything posted. But you have to admit the whole Tebow thing has gotten people talking about chritianity differently. I guess because it intersect with out number 1 sport its become tolerated a bit more by the media and even casual fans. My wife comes in last Sunday at the end of the Dever game because eveybody is now interested in Tebow. She sits down and watched the end of the game and starts to cheer for this guy. My "man cave" is divided into WW2 stuff/prints/books/militaria and the other half is all NE Pats stuff..cards/bobbleheads..shrine to Tom Brady etc etc. She then askes when Denver will be on again and can we watch it together. I told her maybe that won't be a good idea because their playing the friggen Pats next week and I will slaughtering chickens to whatever deity will listen and will be a in a pretty horrible mood, especially if he pulls that bs in the 4th quarter. He's got people talking and I guess its good for the NFL but I cringe every time he mentions God. The NFL is pretty christian friendly anyway so I suppose its ok in the locker rooms etc.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 12:30:17 PM »
turns out 40 of the kids blocked a hallway in a major way.  It's the same as if they were having a sit-in for OWs or to get Simon back on American idol.

They're breaking school rules.  Pepper spray them.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 12:31:52 PM »
Yeah..its ridiculous.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 12:57:57 PM »
How long were they doing it?  If they were just tebowing for 10 seconds and taking a picture, who gives a shit.  If they were blocking everyone for a long time I guess I see the problem.  They should have been doing it out of the way of others.  i didn't know they were blocking everyone when I first heard the story.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 01:15:31 PM »
I agree with everything posted. But you have to admit the whole Tebow thing has gotten people talking about chritianity differently. I guess because it intersect with out number 1 sport its become tolerated a bit more by the media and even casual fans. My wife comes in last Sunday at the end of the Dever game because eveybody is now interested in Tebow. She sits down and watched the end of the game and starts to cheer for this guy. My "man cave" is divided into WW2 stuff/prints/books/militaria and the other half is all NE Pats stuff..cards/bobbleheads..shrine to Tom Brady etc etc. She then askes when Denver will be on again and can we watch it together. I told her maybe that won't be a good idea because their playing the friggen Pats next week and I will slaughtering chickens to whatever deity will listen and will be a in a pretty horrible mood, especially if he pulls that bs in the 4th quarter. He's got people talking and I guess its good for the NFL but I cringe every time he mentions God. The NFL is pretty christian friendly anyway so I suppose its ok in the locker rooms etc.

Funny.  Good luck keeping the peace on Sunday.   :)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 01:43:55 PM »
turns out 40 of the kids blocked a hallway in a major way.  It's the same as if they were having a sit-in for OWs or to get Simon back on American idol.

They're breaking school rules.  Pepper spray them.

40?  Damn I haven't heard that yet.  They're just kids kneeling so I think detention would probably have been more appropriate than suspension.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2011, 01:48:42 PM »
How long were they doing it?  If they were just tebowing for 10 seconds and taking a picture, who gives a shit.  If they were blocking everyone for a long time I guess I see the problem.  They should have been doing it out of the way of others.  i didn't know they were blocking everyone when I first heard the story.

they were previously warned not to do it so (IMO) it doesn't matter whether it was 10 second or 10 minutes

a one day suspension is really a slap on the wrist anyway

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2011, 02:20:42 PM »
they were previously warned not to do it so (IMO) it doesn't matter whether it was 10 second or 10 minutes

nbc said only 4 of the organizers were suspended 3 days from school - upon direct violation of an order from the admistration.  Hey, you knew the rules, you were warned, and you did it anyway.

The others were warned and got 1 days of ISS (in school suspension) which is nothing more than detention with busy work all day.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 04:09:49 PM »

I was giving my opinion, not thier opinion ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2011, 05:37:56 PM »
I was giving my opinion, not thier opinion ::)

me too

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2011, 05:48:11 PM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2011, 05:56:02 PM »
you'll get over it.

no doubt you will too

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2011, 06:02:41 PM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2011, 06:07:35 PM »
I'm fine :)
me too.... except for the fire truck in front of my house and the supposed gas leak that they can't seem to locate

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2011, 08:04:49 PM »
i gotta feeling that if 4 muslims decided to block hallways to pray to mecca, many people here would support their suspensions.

bottm line, keep that religious shit out of school, and get outta my path so i can get to class.  Do whatever you want on your own time - worship God, allah, or a grilled chz sandwich, whatever makes you happy.  DOn't block the hallways, kids.
how many ramadan protests do you see?

how many atheist going out of their way to target islamic holidays?

Fact is this thanks to morons such as yourself and others specifically the liberal atheist this country is not anti religion, its anti christian.

How many ppl you see getting pissed off about Arian Fosters bow after every touchdown? you know thats a religious gesture?

probably not as the atheist monkeys dont see a problem with that at all b/c its not christian.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2011, 12:00:16 AM »
lol... I knew SOMEONE was going to make this about religous persecution.

These kids were warned not to engage in a mass gathering which blocked school grounds, disrupted things, and placed the school in the national spotlight.  That's it.  Admin said "don't do this, or you'll be suspended for making the school unsafe".

They did it anyway, and got the punishment they deserved.   Something tells me if 40 kids had showed up in "OWS" shirts and pretended to be tents or unemployed drug users, you'd be okay with suspending them?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2011, 06:57:22 AM »
Not denying that but to think you or your ilk wouldn't come to the defense of Muslims that did this is ignorant. The deserve why thy get but let's be adults and understand the situation for how it really is.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2011, 07:07:36 AM »
Not denying that but to think you or your ilk wouldn't come to the defense of Muslims that did this is ignorant. The deserve why thy get but let's be adults and understand the situation for how it really is.

????

They were told not to hold this mass disruption of the school.  They did it anyway, they receied the promised consequence.  School doesn't enforce the rules, and these kids will be making the hall dangerous every day if they'd like.

Again, I don't care if they're worshipping God, Allah, or the almighty flavor known as "Cheesy ranch" dressing... stop blocking the hallways, kids.  It's that simple.  They could have waited til after school and tebowed in the parking lot or soccer field with no suspension.  They WANTED to DISRUPT the school.  It's that simple.