Author Topic: I think Bachmann may have just neutered Newt like she did Perry  (Read 1484 times)

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
Re: I think Bachmann may have just neutered Newt like she did Perry
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 08:54:34 AM »
Newt "I never lobbied even though I don't have any other skills besides inside connections in DC" Gingrich

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 10:33:46 AM »
I called it last night - as this occured.   hhhhmmmmmmm - and people question my judgment? 

Watch Michele Bachmann Hand Mitt Romney The GOP Nomination
Glynnis MacNicol | Dec. 16, 2011, 12:49 PM | 715 | 4

For all his prodigious debate skills Newt Gingrich did not have a good night last night.

That Mitt Romney did is in large part thanks to Michele Bachmann who effectively hammered away at Gingrich's history with Fannie and Freddie and in doing so managed to shake Newt up enough that he looked weak.  Too weak.

It didn't help matters that Newt's tone every time he was called on to respond to Bachmann was so noticeably condescending it brought to mind the infamous 2008 exchange at the New Hampshire debate when Obama reassured Hillary she was "likable enough."  Obama lost the primary there three days later.

Bachmann, who started this campaign season as a much-ridiculed outsider with a shaky grasp of historical facts, has been increasingly strong in recent debates.  Not strong enough to be electable, but as the below clip makes clear, strong enough to do real damage to Newt Gingirch's chance at a nomination.

Please follow Politics on Twitter and Facebook.
Follow Glynnis MacNicol on Twitter.
Ask Glynnis A Question >

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/newt-gingrich-michele-bachmann-fannie-freddie-debate-nomination-2011-12#ixzz1giwfRf78

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 11:02:24 AM »
I called it last night - as this occured.   hhhhmmmmmmm - and people question my judgment? 

Oh you're so skilled and insightful ::)  It's obvious to anyone watching.  He takes all that money and wants people to believe it wasn't to influence like it was just a gift lol...  Newt looked like an ass trying to pass that off.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 11:05:41 AM »
Oh yea, lol, someone tell Bachmann that Tammy Faye Baker's ghost wants her makup kit back...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 11:07:51 AM »
Newt's excuse that he didn't do Freddie for profit (he sure took their millions) because he was ALREADY rich is insanely stupid. 

it's funny... the people who defended palin and cain and even trump... they're not even trying with Newt :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 11:10:41 AM »
Newt's excuse that he didn't do Freddie for profit (he sure took their millions) because he was ALREADY rich is insanely stupid. 

it's funny... the people who defended palin and cain and even trump... they're not even trying with Newt :)

I think she is Romney's stalking horse.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 11:12:40 AM »
I called it last night - as this occured.   hhhhmmmmmmm - and people question my judgment?  

I'm not sure your Casey Anthony/ Kimbo Slice 2012 ticket was your finest moment :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 11:15:15 AM »
3333, do you have a dance like this too?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 11:19:28 AM »
3333, do you have a dance like this too?

I'm not as graceful.   I prefer this towards the obots.