Author Topic: Obama's 17 Day vacation to cost taxpayers approximately $4,135,000  (Read 33458 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Obama's 17 Day vacation to cost taxpayers approximately $4,135,000
« Reply #125 on: December 26, 2011, 03:41:41 PM »
Golf, hiking and gym for POTUS
Politicowhiteboard ^ | 12/26/11 | Jennifer Epstein

HONOLULU -- After going hiking with family and friends this morning, President Obama sped to the links midday Monday, arriving at Marine Corps Base Hawaii a few minutes before noon.

This is the second time Obama's gone golfing on the base overlooking Kaneohe Bay since he arrived here late Friday. It was sunny and about 80 degrees as the president started playing.

Monday's been an active day for the president. Before golfing and hiking, he went to the gym

(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com ...

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #126 on: December 26, 2011, 03:58:13 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/4623148/Barack-Obama-sends-bust-of-Winston-Churchill-on-its-way-back-to-Britain.html

Screw obama and every rat commie thug who voted for him - all of you should be banished to Kenya via a muslim a prayer rug.  

The statue wasn't a gift, it was on loan from the British government to President Bush meaning that he was making payments to keep the statue there until January 2009.  Its now Obama's office and he can redecorate the place if he wants to and I'm pretty sure that he didn't wish to pay to keep some statue there.

Have some fucking common sense and quite frankly, the idea of him returning it because of something that happenned almost a 100 years ago is just plain stupid. ::)  The bust was removed and replaced with a bust of Abraham Lincoln...an AMERICAN HERO AND PRESIDENT.

A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: December 26, 2011, 04:00:25 PM »

The statue wasn't a gift, it was on loan from the British government to President Bush meaning that he was making payments to keep the statue there until January 2009.  Its now Obama's office and he can redecorate the place if he wants to and I'm pretty sure that he didn't wish to pay to keep some statue there.

Have some fucking common sense and quite frankly, the idea of him returning it because of something that happenned almost a 100 years ago is just plain stupid. ::)

LOL.   I'm sure 99\0% of other people would have kept it there.   But then again black racists, communists regressives, and anti-american zealots hate WC so I guess it was par fro the course.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #128 on: December 26, 2011, 04:02:25 PM »

The statue wasn't a gift, it was on loan from the British government to President Bush meaning that he was making payments to keep the statue there until January 2009.  Its now Obama's office and he can redecorate the place if he wants to and I'm pretty sure that he didn't wish to pay to keep some statue there.

Have some fucking common sense and quite frankly, the idea of him returning it because of something that happenned almost a 100 years ago is just plain stupid. ::)  The bust was removed and replaced with a bust of Abraham Lincoln...an AMERICAN HERO AND PRESIDENT.

come on now

you know better than to expense common sense from that idiot

my dog has more common sense than 333

in fact my dogs turds have more common sense than 333

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #129 on: December 26, 2011, 04:24:53 PM »

Common sense? Vince, let's not forget that you're the guy who claimed you've seen BB guns turned into functioning fully automatic assault rifles.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: December 27, 2011, 07:32:06 PM »
Obama hits popular snorkeling spot during vacation (Hanauma Bay)
SFGate.com ^ | 12/27/11 | Julie Pace - ap
Posted on December 27, 2011 10:18:04 PM EST by NormsRevenge

President Barack Obama and his family spent a warm and sunny afternoon at one of the most popular snorkeling spots on the island of Oahu, where they released four green sea turtles into the water.

The Obamas arrived at Hanauma Bay on Tuesday after a scenic, 40-minute drive from their multimillion-dollar rented vacation home on Kailua Beach. During their two hours at the bay, the Obamas released four green sea turtles raised in captivity into the clear blue water.

Hanauma Bay is a favorite destination for the Obamas during their annual Christmas trips to Hawaii. The first family always goes to the popular spot on Tuesdays, when it is closed to the public for maintenance.

(Excerpt) Read more at sfgate.com ...

any sharks nearby? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2011, 03:18:16 PM »
No, but that is one of the most beautiful spots on earth. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2011, 06:25:51 AM »
Obama spends 7 hours at golf course with hooker-soliciting buddy...
drudge report and the hill ^ | 12/29/11 | Jonathan Easley

Obamas enjoy multi-course tasting menu By Jonathan Easley - 12/29/11 07:35 AM ET

President Obama enjoyed a five-to-seven course tasting menu Wednesday night at a dinner in Honolulu with first lady Michelle Obama and 10 friends.

The dinner at Alan Wong's restaurant in Honolulu comes as the president enjoys his annual holiday break in Hawaii, a vacation nearly cut short by the fight over taxes with Republicans in Washington.

The Obama's are regulars at Wong's restaurant—both gave head chef Wong a hug upon entering before being taken to their “traditional table,” which Wong describes as the “feng shui” seat in the house, according to the pool reports.

The Obamas were part of a group of ten, which included the president’s sister, and the party ordered off a special tasting menu – a multi-course meal designed specifically by the chef.

“The Obama party had a special 5-course tasting menu for $75 a person, $105 per person with wine pairings for each course," according to the pool report. "Highlights include "Sassey Salad" and bacon wrapped pork loin,” according to CNN’s Peter Morris, who the pool report said was at the restaurant when the president arrived.

Other diners generally didn't notice the president's arrival, the pool report said.

The Obamas spent about three hours at the restaurant before returning to their rental at around 11 p.m.

Before the dinner, Obama hit the links, spending nearly seven hours at the Ko’olau golf club with Mike Ramos, Greg Orme and long-time friend Robert Titcomb, who earlier this year plead no contest to soliciting a prostitute in Honolulu.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2011, 03:17:21 PM »
That's a gorgeous golf course. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: December 30, 2011, 08:31:01 AM »
Romney braves rain, mocks Obama’s Hawaii vacation
By Stephen Dinan
-

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/dec/30/romney-braves-rain-mocks-obama-hawaii-vacation

WEST DES MOINES, Iowa — Standing on a stage in a chilly, wet field in Iowa, Mitt Romney on Friday mocked President Obama for being on vacation in Hawaii.

“We’re out in the cold and the rain and the wind because we care about America. He just finished his 90th round of golf,” Mr. Romney told the crowd of hundreds that came despite the temperature which, with the windchill factored in, felt like 24 degrees.

Even as the rest of the Republican presidential field takes aim at each other, Mr. Romney, a former one-term governor of Massachusetts, has been mostly focused on the president — and he on Mr. Romney.

Several protesters tried to interrupt the rally by chanting “Why are you hiding your tax forms?” The Democratic National Committee has been demanding Mr. Romney release those forms — something not required by law, but which many presidential candidates do end up doing. All candidates are required to file financial disclosures, which give voters a general sense of a candidate’s wealth.

Mr. Romney was campaigning with New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who braved the weather wearing only a suit jacket.

Mr. Christie said he would be closely watching the results from Tuesday’s caucuses: “You people disappoint me on Tuesday, you don’t do what you’re supposed to do on Tuesday for Mitt Romney, I will be back, Jersey-style, people. I will be back,” he joked.

The caucuses are less than a week away but Mr. Romney was scheduled to fly from Iowa to New Hampshire Friday afternoon, where he had campaign events scheduled later that day and again Saturday morning before returning to Iowa.

He was leaving Mr. Christie in Iowa to campaign in his stead, and the first-term New Jersey governor had stops scheduled in Cedar Rapids and Dubuque.

A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: December 30, 2011, 11:57:31 AM »
On a $4M Vacation, Michelle Seeks $3 From Backers
by Keith Koffler on December 30, 2011, 1:21 pm

Speaking from her paradisical $4 million Hawaii vacation, Mrs. Obama wants to know: Do any of President Obama’s supporters have $3 to spare for his reelection?

This is approximately like coming upon Warren Buffett on a street corner with a McDonald’s cup asking if he can have 15 cents.

Michelle’s request was part of an email sent to the Obama 2012 list today.

Over the next 11 months we’ve got an organization to grow, voters to register, and people to get fired up.

I hope you’ll close out this year by donating $3 or more now to help make sure we’re ready for the next one . . .

Thank you so much, and happy new year,

Michelle

The obscene juxtaposition of the first lady on a $4 million vacation while asking what would have to be middle to low income earners for three bucks – who else would they be targeting with such an appeal? – is yet another example of lack of perspective the Obamas seem to be gaining while in power.

Mrs. Obama takes extravagant vacations to Spain and southern Africa. The president golfs obsessively and is currently dining at Honolulu’s ritziest restaurants. All while asking their fellow Americans to “sacrifice” during this time of not plenty.

And they blow $4 million – mostly taxpayers’ money – on a vacation, while wondering if the small people can come up with $3.

What about renting a beach house next year at the Jersey shore? I mean, if we’re all going to sacrifice.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #136 on: December 30, 2011, 12:21:00 PM »
i sent them $6, $3 for me $3 for you ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: December 30, 2011, 12:26:52 PM »
i sent them $6, $3 for me $3 for you ;D

Shame on you.    Havent they got enough already?   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: December 30, 2011, 01:04:13 PM »
Thank you Mr. President for making me sit at a standstill in traffic for 30 minutes last night, making me miss most of the first half of the Lakers v. Knicks.  Please leave soon and don't come back.  Thanks. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: December 30, 2011, 01:09:50 PM »
Thank you Mr. President for making me sit at a standstill in traffic for 30 minutes last night, making me miss most of the first half of the Lakers v. Knicks.  Please leave soon and don't come back.  Thanks. 

LOL.   Your state voted for him right?   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: December 30, 2011, 01:51:43 PM »
LOL.   Your state voted for him right?   

By 72 percent.  This is a one-party state. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: December 30, 2011, 02:20:55 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #142 on: December 30, 2011, 03:09:58 PM »
the best part about Obama winning a 2nd term is going to be watching you have an aneurysm

maybe you and that drinking bob character can make a suicide pact and kill yourselves on the interweb

He'll because Will by the election and for no other reason. Oh, and besides the dumbshits that will vote for him a second time because they expect a free ride. He's got a record now......a failed record. You actually think he can run on that?? Hahaha.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: January 03, 2012, 09:44:35 AM »
Aloha Obamas! First Family's Vacation Comes to an End, but Taxpayers Left with Hefty Bill
Hawaii Reporter ^ | 01/02/2012 | MALIA ZIMMERMAN

KAILUA, HAWAII - President Barack Obama and his family and friends left Oahu on January 2, 2012, after a 17-day, notably low key vacation.

While the Obamas were in the islands, they visited the grave of Stanley Dunham, President Obama's grandfather, at the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific and an exhibit at the East West Center that featured work of Stanley Ann Dunham, the president's deceased mother.

The family also stopped at the President's favorite Kailua shave ice store, Island Snow, and the President played golf with his friends at Mid Pacific Country Club in Kailua and at Ko'olau Golf Course, one of the world's most challenging courses, in Kaneohe.

The President and Michelle Obama also visited with US troops stationed in Hawaii on Christmas Day at the Kaneohe Marine Corps Base, located just two minutes away from their multi-million dollar Kailua beachfront home rental.

The President was criticized last month for skipping the Pearl Harbor 70th anniversary events remembering the 2,400 Americans who died during the December 7, 1941, Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor - several of the Pearl Harbor survivors gathered at Pearl Harbor for one last time - but the President and his wife Michelle took time out to lay a wreath there three days ago.

Steffan Tubbs, a talk show host in Denver, Colorado and a board member with the Greatest Generation Foundation who was in Honolulu for the December 7 tribute, earlier criticized the President in Hawaii Reporter noting: "There were thousands of people in attendance at the Pearl Harbor remembrance, yet President Barack Obama – born just a few miles from the USS Arizona memorial – was not only a no-show, but did not bother to send a written or videotaped greeting thanks to these men," Tubbs said. He also noted Interior Secretary Ken Salazar was a no show, even though his bio and picture were listed in the program and he was scheduled to deliver remarks in person.

Parts of Kailua, a laid back beach front community on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, has been under lock down since the Obamas arrived. U.S. Coast Guard boats have guarded the canal and ocean front surrounding the Kailuana Place home and residents on Kailuana Place and Kailuana Loop have had to endure extensive Secret Service searches for themselves and pre-registered guests just to get to their homes.

While many Hawaii residents were pleased the Obamas chose to vacation here - the President is still popular in the state where he lived through high school - their time in the islands came with a steep price for taxpayers.

The total cost (based on what is known) for the 17-day vacation roundtrip vacation to Hawaii for the President, his family, security and staff climbed to more than $4 million. Hawaii Reporter research shows the total cost for the President’s visit for taxpayers far exceeded $1.5 million in 2010 – but was even more costly this year because the family extended their vacation by three days and the cost for Air Force One travel has jumped since last assessed in 2000.

TRAVEL: $3,629,622

■The biggest expense is President Barack Obama’s round trip flight to Hawaii via Air Force One, a cost the GAO office estimated at $1 million in the year 2000. Contacted today, the GAO confirmed there is no report the independent office affiliated with Congress has prepared since 2000 to operate Air Force One and Air Force Two. However, the U.S. Air Force provides the most current numbers of $181,757 per flight hour. Travel time for Air Force One direct from Washington D.C. to Hawaii is about 9 hours or $1,635,813 each way for a total of $3,271,622 for the round trip to Hawaii and back. ■The cost for USAF C-17 cargo aircraft that transports the Presidential limos, helicopters and other support equipment to Hawaii was not made available. However, the flight time between Andrews Air Force Base and Hawaii is at about 21.5 hours roundtrip, with estimated operating cost of $12,000 per hour. (Source: GAO report, updated by C-17 crew member). The United States Marine Corps provides a presidential helicopter, along with pilots and support crews for the test flights, which travel on another C-17 flight. That is $258,000, not including costs for the 4 to 6 member crew's per diem and hotel. ■Mrs. Obama’s early flight to Hawaii costs about $63,000 (White House Dossier), but add security and personnel for a total of about $100,000. HOUSING: $151,200

■The President and his family pay for their own beachfront rental (they are not staying in the Winter White House this year but rather a house on the same street further to the ocean point). ■The Kailua rentals are fronted by the ocean and backed by a canal. So, the taxpayers must cover the costs for housing U.S. Secret Service, U.S. Coast Guard and Navy Seals in beach front and canal front homes in Kailua. That costs about $1,200 a day ($200 allocated per bedroom per day). Since security arrives one day early, homes are rented for 18 days. That is about $21,600 per home for approximately 7 houses rented at a total cost of $151,200 for security to stay nearby. HOTEL: $72,216

■The President’s staff and White House Press Corps stay at one of Hawaii’s oldest and most elegant hotels, the Moana Surfrider. Hawaii Reporter confirmed they stayed there this year as well. Besides its stunningly beautiful view of Waikiki, and its traditional architecture, it is one of the most pricey hotels in the state. Government rates are $177 per night, but that only is available during certain times a year. Rooms typically start at $250 but can cost on average as much as $450 a night, and are even higher during the holidays. Hotel spokeswoman Marsha Weinert said she could "neither confirm nor deny" the president's staff is staying there. A conservative estimate with rooms at the government rate of $177 per day (excluding a 9.25 percent Transient Accommodation Tax and a 4.712 percent General Excise Tax on each bill, meals, internet charges and other charges) means the taxpayers are covering more than$72,216 in hotel bills for an estimated 24 staff. LOCAL TAXPAYER COSTS: $260,000

■Local police over time for the president’s visit has historically cost Oahu taxpayers $250,000 but may be more expensive this year with the extended vacation. ■The city ambulance the accompanies the president 24 hours a day through his entire visit is $10,000, according to city spokeswoman Louise Kim McCoy. ■City officials have not yet totaled the bill for local taxpayers for police enforcement and ambulance service for this trip. UNKNOWN COSTS

There are several costs the White House annually refuses to release, citing security. For example:

■The president’s security usually rents an entire floor of an office building in Kailua on the canal during the president’s stay. ■There are security upgrades and additional phone lines to several private homes where Obama and friends are staying. That includes bullet proof glass installed, home security systems disabled, new security measures put into place and additional phone lines added. ■There is the cost for car rentals and fuel for White House staff staying at Moana Hotel. ■And there are additional travel costs Secret Service and White House staff traveling ahead of the President. The total cost (based on what is known) for a 17-day round trip vacation to Hawaii for the President and his family and staff and security is an estimated $4,113,038.

Hawaii Reporter has sought to determine the cost of vacations for the current president and last two presidents but the Government Accountability Office was able to provide those costs and referred Hawaii Reporter back to the White House spokesperson. A spokesperson for the White House said the cost is "in line" with other presidents.

Meanwhile, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi’s has been vacationing at a resort on another island, Hawaii Island.

Pelosi spent at least the last three holiday vacations in Kona at the same hotel, The Four Seasons Resort Hualalai.

While she is here, Pelosi, like the Obamas, was escorted by secret service and local police.

Over the last two years, Hawaii county taxpayers paid more than $34,000 for local police to escort Pelosi.

Oahu taxpayers paid for local police overtime for the president’s security at a cost of about $250,000 a year.

Police on Oahu and Hawaii Island have not yet released the cost for security and overtime.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #144 on: January 03, 2012, 01:45:50 PM »
 ;D

A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: January 03, 2012, 01:46:55 PM »
;D

I dont see Aunt Zeituni or Uncle omar in there.   

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #146 on: January 03, 2012, 01:53:25 PM »
You don't...sounds like we got a situation. 

A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #147 on: January 03, 2012, 03:28:34 PM »
why doesnt the house GOP pass a bill capping the costs of presidential vacations?

Oh, because the next republican prez no likey  ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: January 03, 2012, 03:41:20 PM »
why doesnt the house GOP pass a bill capping the costs of presidential vacations?

Oh, because the next republican prez no likey  ;)

Cause they will get called rasis.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: January 03, 2012, 05:05:40 PM »
Don't let the door hit ya!