Author Topic: AG Eric Holder: "People attack Obama and myself because we are black"  (Read 3911 times)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: AG Eric Holder: "People attack Obama and myself because we are black"
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2011, 07:25:54 AM »
Thug life yo!

Word, son.

Yous can take the ni-gga out the hood, but yous can't take the hood out of the ni-gga.
Yo, ya gats to do wat ya gats to do! Ya know what I mean, man?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2011, 07:26:19 AM »
LOL.  Straw - how many times have you said "My buddhist faith" by accident? 

333 - seriously man

I asked you if you believe Obama is admitting to be a Muslim in this clip

this is an intelligence test

yes or no

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2011, 07:32:12 AM »
333 - seriously man

I asked you if you believe Obama is admitting to be a Muslim in this clip

this is an intelligence test

yes or no

Yes.  No one in their right mind would ever say that who was not a muslim.     

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2011, 07:43:44 AM »
Yes.  No one in their right mind would ever say that who was not a muslim.     

even though this clip is only 14 seconds and George Stephanopoulos incorrectly "corrects" Obama you can clearly see that Obama is talking about the right wing claims that he is a Muslim

The full clip is below but you really don't even need the full clip to figure that out.

Only someone who is profoundly stupid would not be able to understand what he is saying or if they weren't sure would find the full clip and it would be blatantly obvious

I'm actually kind of disappointed.  I know I give you a lot of shit for being stupid but I assumed, at least part of it was an act on your part but now it appears that you're completely sincere in your ignorance.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2011, 07:50:23 AM »
even though this clip is only 14 seconds and George Stephanopoulos incorrectly "corrects" Obama you can clearly see that Obama is talking about the right wing claims that he is a Muslim

The full clip is below but you really don't even need the full clip to figure that out.

Only someone who is profoundly stupid would not be able to understand what he is saying or if they weren't sure would find the full clip and it would be blatantly obvious

I'm actually kind of disappointed.  I know I give you a lot of shit for being stupid but I assumed, at least part of it was an act on your part but now it appears that you're completely sincere in your ignorance.

LOL.   Please - he is lying his ass off and using the muslim strategy of Taqiya

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2011, 07:53:05 AM »
you failed the intelligence test

anyone on this board can watch either video and draw their own conclusion

btw - it's things like this that make me question whether you're really a lawyer

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2011, 08:05:47 AM »
Again not a word from the Obama Kneepad Strikeforce.    If I post an article about obama plumndering $4 million dollar on a gaudy undeserved vacation, I get pounced on. 

I post an article like this - silence. 

no word because we now know you are crazy......we are used to this from you now

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2011, 08:06:25 AM »
no word because we now know you are crazy......we are used to this from you now

do you agree with holder? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2011, 08:10:38 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2011, 10:30:52 AM »

Congressman: Holder’s race-card play ‘orchestrated’ by Obama
By Matthew Boyle - The Daily Caller Published: 11:35 PM 12/19/2011 | Updated: 12:17 PM 12/20/2011
 By Matthew Boyle - The Daily Caller
Bio | Archive | Email Matthew Boyle  Follow Matthew Boyle

Illinois Republican Rep. Joe Walsh, one of the first members of Congress to demand Attorney General Eric Holder resign over the ill-fated Operation Fast and Furious gun-walking program, told The Daily Caller that Holder’s recent use of racial politics to attack his critics appears to be something President Barack Obama “orchestrated.”

Walsh agrees with Florida Republican Rep. Allen West’s assessment of Holder’s behavior, saying Holder’s race card is the “last card in the deck.”

“This is sort of the last refuge that people on the left will go to when they’re in trouble,” Walsh said in a phone interview. “They’ll accuse their opponents of racism. My God, we’ve got tons of problems in this country and … this president, is through Eric Holder, saying, ‘Nope, you can’t criticize me. If you criticize me, we’re going to accuse you of racism.’ Shame on them, that’s terrible.”

Walsh said Obama’s continued silence in the face of Holder’s inflammatory rhetoric demonstrates that the president shares in the blame for the attorney general’s choice of words.

“His [Obama’s] silence, to me, tells me the president is complicit in this,” Walsh said. “And, even if he does come out and say something, I can’t believe Eric Holder can even make a statement like that. In his statement he refers to himself and the president. I can’t believe that Eric Holder made that statement without either understanding that the president agreed with it, or [that] he had the president’s permission to say this.”

In a front page story, Holder told The Sunday New York Times that he thinks his critics are motivated by race. Holder said some unspecified faction — which he referred to as the “more extreme segment” — is driven to criticize both him and President Barack Obama because of the color of their skin.

“This is a way to get at the president because of the way I can be identified with him,” Holder said, according to the Times. “Both due to the nature of our relationship and, you know, the fact that we’re both African-American.” (RELATED: Full coverage of Operation Fast and Furious)

Ads by GoogleWalsh said Holder’s use of racial politics can also be explained by pressure the attorney general is feeling from a groundswell of House members demanding his resignation. To date 60 congressmen, two senators, every major Republican presidential candidate and two sitting governors have asked Holder to step down over the Operation Fast and Furious scandal.

Additionally, 75 House members have signed on to a House resolution calling for a vote of “no confidence” in Holder as attorney general. Between the two lists, there are 86 in the House who disapprove of Holder continuing to lead the DOJ.

Walsh said Holder’s comments appear to be a small-scale preview of the 2012 election season when Obama “will do anything to get re-elected.”

“This is so despicable, because what they’re doing is they’re trying real early now to lay down the ground rules for his re-election,” Walsh said. “This time around, the American people are not going to put up with it. We can criticize this president based on the job he’s done — I don’t care what his skin color is.”

“He is going to say, because he did this during the last election, and the media is going to enable him to get away with it, that any time we criticize him, it’s because of his race,” Walsh added. “For Eric Holder to take that same line right now is absolutely ridiculous and to me, it’s just more fodder proving that he needs to resign.”

White House spokesman Eric Schultz confirmed that he received The Daily Caller’s questions about whether President Obama agrees with Holder’s characterization of his critics as racists. Schultz promised to answer the question on Monday, but he had not responded at press time.

Follow Matthew on Twitter

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/12/19/congressman-holders-race-card-play-orchestrated-by-obama/#ixzz1h6K5bIFV

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2011, 11:06:07 AM »
Justice Dept. Insists Holder Wasn’t Playing Race Card When He Played Race Card (Video)
Gateway Pundit ^ | 12/20/11 | Jim Hoft

Worst. Administration. Ever. The Justice Department today released a statement insisting Attorney General Eric Holder was not playing the race card when he played the race card in an article published yesterday in The New York Times. Clearly this incompetent Obama official thinks we’re all stupid. Eric Holder needs to go.

They won’t own up to their incompetence and think we’re stupid.

(Excerpt) Read more at thegatewaypundit.com ...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2011, 11:07:33 AM »
333 - you still failed the test

I set the bar pretty low but you managed to crawl underneath it

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2011, 11:10:23 AM »
333 - you still failed the test

I set the bar pretty low but you managed to crawl underneath it

LOL - Straw  - have you ever uttered "My hindu faith" in your lifetime, even by accident? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2011, 11:20:21 AM »
LOL - Straw  - have you ever uttered "My hindu faith" in your lifetime, even by accident?  

If I were running for POTUS and people were accussing me of being a secret hindu I might discuss the topic of "my Hindu faith" and no doubt you would watch a 14 second clip and think I'm admitting to being a Hindu and that would be why you are too stupid to have a conversation with.

sorry dude

I wish you were smarter but there is nothing I can do to help you

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2011, 06:44:30 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Eric Holder: 'Critics Don't Like Me Because I'm Black'
HUMAN EVENTS ^ | 12/20/2011 | Jason Mattera
Posted on December 20, 2011 7:29:17 PM EST by neverdem

It wasn’t the disastrous Fast and Furious gunrunning operation that armed the Mexican drug cartel and led to the death of a border patrol agent that has led conservatives to call for Eric Holder’s resignation. Nope. Nor was it the fact that Holder’s office inexplicably refuses to defend the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act and his decision to sue Arizona over its sensible law to check the legality of people living in the state.

In reality, Eric Holder is under undue scrutiny because he’s a black man. And his boss, Barack Obama, also takes the heat because, he too, is a black man.

So says the Attorney General anyway: “This is a way to get at the president because of the way I can be identified with him,” he told the New York Times, “both due to the nature of our relationship and, you know, the fact that we’re both African-American.”

Holder labeled these critics the “more extreme segment,” which, as the Times describes them as, consists of Republican officials, conservative bloggers, and media commentators.

The Sunday front-page story was designed to dismiss the growing calls for Eric Holder to step down as mere partisan politics and “Washington gotcha” games; “A Partisan Lightning Rod Is Undeterred,” reads the article’s headline. According to the Times, Holder has no intention of resigning before the 2012 election, but he is currently unsure if he’ll remain attorney general if Obama were to win November.

Holder’s comments drew sharp criticism from Congressman Steve King, who has gone head-to-head with the attorney general in House Judiciary Committee hearings.

“This administration has far more racial marks against it than the people they accuse,” he told HUMAN EVENTS. “They [Holder and Obama] have racial bias within them.”

King noted that it was Eric Holder’s Justice Department that “refused to bring actions against certain parties if the end result would disadvantage a minority group,” a discriminatory policy that was exposed by Christian Adams, a lawyer with the U.S. Civil Rights Commission and author of Injustice.

Or how about the Justice Department’s actions against the town of Kinston, North Carolina?  Here we had Holder’s office block an election where voters overwhelmingly decided to abolish political party labels for candidates running in future elections. The reasoning from the Obama administration, as Rep. King recalled, was because without party labels, blacks wouldn’t get elected.

There would be no slot in the voting booth tagged “Democratic,” suggesting that black candidates and voters will always be committed followers of whatever the DNC line of the day is.

“Removing the partisan cue in municipal elections will, in all likelihood, eliminate the single factor that allows black candidates to be elected to office,” said Loretta King, who led the Justice Department’s civil rights division at the time.

And who could forget President Obama interjecting himself in the mistaken arrest of his Harvard Professor Henry Gates, mouthing off to the television cameras that the arresting officer James Crowley acted “stupidly.”

“Obama was pro Gates and against officer Crowley because he perceived it as a race issue,” argued King.

King says that such “racial politics” works successfully by Democrats against a lot of his Republican colleagues because they are, rightfully so, “sensitive to the charges of being called racist.”

And as a result, “Democrats have played race-based politics their entire political careers.”

But if Holder and the Democrats want to find racial politics at play, perhaps they should look to none other than the halls of their own Congress, claims King.

“The Congressional Black Caucus should be called the self-segregated caucus.”

The Iowa congressman says that it is unlikely that Holder will be impeached. King doesn’t want Holder to resign until Congress can get to the bottom of his exact involvement in the deadly Fast and Furious operation.

“Someone at ATF [Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms] had to know that those guns were going to kill Mexicans,” added King. “What if the guns were approved to kill African Americans?” King asked rhetorically.

“Was race a factor [at the ATF]? I don’t know.”

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2012, 04:06:21 AM »
AG Holder Could Be Jailed for Ongoing Fast & Furious Cover-up(gunwalker)
The New American ^ | 27 February, 2012 | Alex Newman
Posted on March 1, 2012 6:04:43 AM EST by marktwain

Tensions are rising quickly in the investigation of the deadly federal gun-running operation “Fast and Furious” as Attorney General Eric Holder’s Department of Justice continues to unlawfully withhold subpoenaed documents. The persistent stonewalling prompted Congress to renew its warning that contempt proceedings against top Obama administration officials are imminent if the cover-up does not end.

The Justice Department missed another deadline earlier this month to hand over key information to congressional investigators, asking — yet again — for more time to consider the requests and produce the documents. The media barely noticed. But after a year of stonewalling and cover-ups, House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) has had just about enough.

In a letter dated February 14, Rep. Issa warned Holder (above) that failure to comply with a congressional subpoena is a violation of federal law. About two thirds of the document categories sought by investigators have been unlawfully withheld without any proper justification, he said, noting that much of what has been handed over was so heavily redacted as to be rendered useless.

As such, the letter ordered the nation’s top law enforcement officer to appoint a DOJ representative who will “serve as the conduit for dealing with the contempt proceedings, should the Department continue to ignore the Committee’s subpoena.” If convicted, Holder could face jail time and hefty fines.

“The Justice Department's request for additional time has, unfortunately, not been followed by efforts to bridge the significant differences between its legal obligation to Congress and the reality of its stonewalling," Chairman Issa said in a statement blasting the DOJ. The Committee declined Holder’s request for more time.

Rep. Issa emphasized that, in light of the ongoing DOJ cover-up, Congress had no choice but to take action. “If the Justice Department cannot commit to providing, at a minimum, a detailed description of documents it is withholding, and the legal basis for doing so, then the Committee has no other option than to move forward with the contempt process against Attorney General Holder," he said in the statement.

Holder and other top officials have already been caught repeatedly lying to Congress under oath — itself a criminal offense. They were originally being investigated for trafficking thousands of high-powered firearms to Mexican drug cartels. Some of those weapons were later linked to murders of federal officers including Border Patrol agent Brian Terry, as well as the deaths of hundreds of Mexican citizens.

Now, however, Congress has expanded its probe to include the DOJ’s efforts to interfere with the congressional investigation, too, Rep. Issa said in the letter. "Virtually all congressional requests regarding Fast and Furious have gone unanswered and even unacknowledged," Issa noted. “Complying with the committee’s subpoena is not optional. Indeed, the failure to produce documents pursuant to a congressional subpoena is a violation of federal law.”

In the letter, Rep. Issa said Congress was seeking to find answers to a broad array of questions. Did the DOJ retaliate against whistleblowers who exposed the deadly operation? Why have top officials continued to lie? Are senior Obama administration officials responsible for the criminal schemes going to be held accountable?

Rep. Issa also demanded to know what information Patrick Cunningham, the chief of the Criminal Division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Arizona, might have uncovered. Cunningham recently asserted his Fifth Amendment rights against self-incrimination to avoid testifying and complying with another subpoena.

Another top DOJ official, Deputy Assistant Attorney General Jason Weinstein, testified that Cunningham had provided false information. So, if the allegation is true, Rep. Issa asked whether Cunningham was being criminally investigated for obstruction of the congressional investigation.

“The Department appears to be more concerned with protecting its image through spin control than actually cooperating with Congress,” Issa stated in the letter. “Nearly four months have passed since I authorized your subpoena. During that time, the Department’s progress has been unacceptably slow.”

Beyond the gun trafficking operation and the ensuing violence — which official documents later revealed were being used by the Obama administration to push for more infringements on the right to bear arms — is another, almost certainly related issue. And again, DOJ is stonewalling in the critical congressional inquiry.

According to Issa’s most recent letter, the Committee is concerned that its investigation into U.S. government money-laundering operations for drug cartels is being ignored, too. Despite the fact that the probe was initiated more than two months ago — shortly after the Drug Enforcement Administration’s drug-money laundering schemes were exposed in the New York Times — DOJ has failed to even schedule briefings with congressional investigators.

But despite Holder’s refusal to cooperate, it does not appear that the pressure is going to ease any time soon. The growing scandals and the resulting cover-ups have led to over 100 members of Congress calling on Holder to step down.

Instead of submitting his resignation or even just cooperating with investigators, the Attorney General has exhibited what critics called a defiant and petulant attitude throughout the investigation. Almost incredibly, Holder has repeatedly lashed out at Congress for investigating Fast and Furious — an operation virtually everyone acknowledges was wrong and must be punished. The Attorney General has even attacked the media for daring to report on the scandal and the ensuing uproar.

But Rep. Issa did note that the behavior was unacceptable. “The attitude with respect to a legitimate congressional inquiry, which seems to have permeated the Department’s ranks, is deeply disappointing,” Issa wrote in the letter, criticizing Holder’s wildly inappropriate outbursts attempting to impugn the motives of investigators.

“Had the department demonstrated willingness to cooperate with this investigation from the outset — instead of attempting to cover up its own internal mismanagement — this investigation likely would have concluded well before the end of 2011,” Issa noted, responding to Holder’s sinister suggestion that politics and the election year played a role in the probe.

Sources cited earlier this month by Mike Vanderboegh, a gun-rights activist and blogger whose work was instrumental in exposing the federal gun trafficking scandal, stated that House Speaker John Boehner planned to make a deal with the Obama administration. The alleged agreement would have reportedly allowed a few lower-ranking DOJ figures to take the fall while top officials got away scot-free — essentially allowing everyone to save face.

The news sparked an instant public outcry. A spokesman for Rep. Boehner, however, disputed the claims. He told The New American that the reports were false and that the Speaker fully supported Rep. Issa and the Fast and Furious investigation.

Families of the Fast and Furious victims are charging ahead, too. And Rep. Issa and even Democrats on the Oversight Committee seem dedicated to finding out what exactly was going on so responsible officials can be held accountable for the blood-drenched fiasco.

"The committee is determined to know what happened in Operation Fast and Furious and how the Justice Department responded when it was publicly confronted with evidence of reckless conduct after Agent Terry's death,” Rep. Issa said. "I want to make it clear that Congress will not give up until ... accountability has been achieved."

Numerous law-enforcement experts have called for a special prosecutor to investigate and prosecute federal officials involved in Fast and Furious. The state of Arizona, meanwhile, is conducting its own independent investigation into the deadly scheme.

Whether those responsible for the operation will actually be held accountable for their criminal actions remains to be seen — but as the body count continues to rise, the outcry is still growing as well. And the victims’ families and advocates for honest government have vowed to keep the pressure on until justice is finally served.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2012, 04:11:25 AM »
Holder loses cool during House hearing when asked about Fast and Furious
The Daily Caller ^ | 29 February, 2012 | Matthew Boyle
Posted on March 1, 2012 6:10:36 AM EST by marktwain

A visibly frustrated Attorney General Eric Holder slammed the table when responding to a question about Operation Fast and Furious during a Tuesday budget hearing before the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science and Related Agencies.

“That was a fundamentally flawed program, fundamentally flawed,” Holder said of Fast and Furious. “And, I think that I can agree with some of my harshest critics that there are legitimate issues that need to be explored with regard in which the way Fast and Furious was carried out.”

“But, I think one thing that also has to be understood is that once this was brought to my attention” — Holder said before slamming his hand on the committee room table he was sitting at — “I stopped it. I stopped it.”

During an interview with Fox News host Megyn Kelly shortly after Holder’s comments, House Oversight Committee Chairman Rep. Darrell Issa — the lead congressional investigator into the Fast and Furious scandal with Sen. Chuck Grassley — said he and others in Congress don’t think Holder is telling the full truth.

“Well, certainly one of the reasons we doubt the legitimacy of that claim is, on Feb. 4 [2011], we received what was in fact an untruthful, a lie, a false letter that has now been retracted,” Issa said. “Lanny Breuer, one of his chief aides and number three at Justice, was in Mexico lobbying for more gun-walking. Additional evidence shows that [U.S. agent] Jaime Zapata was killed with a similar program weapon. In other words, this was a policy change that happened and continued up until fairly recently. We need to get to the bottom of it.”

In addition, Issa said that if Holder wants to show he’s cooperating with the congressional investigation and is interested in really ending gun-walking, he’d fork over the rest of the lawfully-subpoenaed documents he’s still hiding from Congress. (RELATED: Full coverage of Eric Holder)

“The inspector general at Justice has 80,000 pages and we have 6,000 pages, but even in those 6,000 pages we find damning evidence that high-ranking people in Justice knew all along and not only didn’t stop this program, but believed in it,” Issa said.

Fast and Furious was a program of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, overseen by Holder’s DOJ. It sent thousands of weapons to Mexican drug cartels via straw purchasers — people who legally purchased guns in the United States with the known intention of illegally trafficking them somewhere else.

At least 300 people in Mexico were killed with Fast and Furious weapons, as was Border Patrol agent Brian Terry. The identities of the Mexican victims are unknown. Allegations have surfaced that U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent Jaime Zapata was also killed with Fast and Furious weapons. Many members of Congress have demanded Holder’s resignation or firing over the scandal, arguing that he either should have known about it, or did know about it and is trying to cover up the evidence. They also point to how nobody has been held accountable for the operation more than a full year after the DOJ provided false information to Congress, and even longer since Terry was murdered.

As the two lists don’t perfectly overlap, 103 members of the House have called for Holder’s resignation, signed an official resolution of “no confidence” in Holder, or both. Three U.S. senators, two sitting governors and all major Republican presidential candidates have called for Holder’s resignation or firing, too.