Author Topic: RP taking advantage of Newt's collapse.  (Read 3907 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
RP taking advantage of Newt's collapse.
« on: December 19, 2011, 06:02:32 AM »
Gingrich Collapses in Iowa as Ron Paul Surges to the Front

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2011/12/gingrich-collapses-iowa-ron-paul-surges-front/46360

AP  Share  Print article  Email article Comments (45)  Comments (45)  Dashiell Bennett 11,587 Views 7:26 AM ET A new poll from Public Policy Polling shows that Ron Paul has taken the lead in the Iowa caucus race, while Newt Gingrich's support is fading fast. A different Gallup poll shows Gringrich still holding the lead, but slipping, while The New York Times has Paul in the lead as well.

Gingrich has seen his numbers in the PPP poll drop from 27 percent to 14 percent in just three weeks, while his favorability rating is now split at 46 percent for to 47 percent against, the worst of any candidate not named Jon Huntsman. That's quite a fall for someone who looked to be running away with the state and taking charge on the national level.

Mitt Romney has also seen his numbers tick up slightly (to 20%), putting him just behind Paul (23%) for second place. The poll measured voters who are planning to vote in the Republican caucus.

Perhaps the most telling secondary question was, "Do you think Newt Gingrich has strong principles?" Only 36 percent say that he does, but for Paul that number was 73 percent.

The bad news for Paul, however, is that when asked for their second choice for President, only 9% said they would vote for him after their preferred candidate. That means if supporters of any of the second-tier candidates sense defeat and decided to abandon their choice at the last minute, those votes are more likely to go to Romney. Even if Romney doesn't win, the stronger than expected showing could be the snowball that starts a primary avalanche for him.

One other tidbit from the PPP poll, the first question about Barack Obama asked if the respondents think he was born in the United States. Fifty-two percent either said he was not or they're not sure.

Update: Here's an alternate take on the PPP poll.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: RP taking advantage of Newt's collapse.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 06:21:22 AM »
nice!!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 06:42:14 AM »
Wait a minute. Who was saying he hurt himself big time at the debates and was poo pooing the way he was handling his campaign?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 06:43:25 AM »
Wait a minute. Who was saying he hurt himself big time at the debates and was poo pooing the way he was handling his campaign?

I may be wrong on that.   I admit that - but i think he would be far far far far ahead of everyone if he started attacking obama more.  Just my .02 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 06:53:05 AM »
I may be wrong on that.   I admit that - but i think he would be far far far far ahead of everyone if he started attacking obama more.  Just my .02  

Slow and steady and but solid as a rock.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 06:56:29 AM »
I may be wrong on that.   I admit that - but i think he would be far far far far ahead of everyone if he started attacking obama more.  Just my .02 

you're an angry aggressive dude.  You see carl paladino and say "wow, that's a determined dude who loves america".

The rest of us see him and say "Wow, take that bat away from the psychopath before he smashes another vase."

Regular voters are waking up to ron paul. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 07:05:41 AM »
you're an angry aggressive dude.  You see carl paladino and say "wow, that's a determined dude who loves america".

The rest of us see him and say "Wow, take that bat away from the psychopath before he smashes another vase."

Regular voters are waking up to ron paul. 

For the GE yes - but he needs to win the GOP primary first.   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 07:20:24 AM »
you're an angry aggressive dude. 

no.. he isnt.. ive seen his type.. soft as charmin 1 ply

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 07:21:38 AM »

no.. he isnt.. ive seen his type.. soft as charmin 1 ply

315 x 10 at 210 body weight last week, no roids nothing.   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 07:23:06 AM »
315 x 10 at 210 body weight last week, no roids nothing.   
So.... you probably never been in a fist fight in your life..

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 07:25:50 AM »
So.... you probably never been in a fist fight in your life..

LOL.  False homey -

Did Oyama Karate for 5 years - bare knuckle

BJJ for about 2 years.    Boring as shit and wortheless in the street for most people

Been doing present stuff for 5 years - I sent you the pm's on that.  Better than anything i have done previous.     

Been in a few scraps - but it ends so quickly it never gets messy.   Also I try to avoid fights now since I have a gun on me most times and its not worth the hassle.   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 07:27:48 AM »
LOL.  False homey -

Did Oyama Karate for 5 years - bare knuckle

BJJ for about 2 years.    Boring as shit and wortheless in the street for most people

Been doing present stuff for 5 years - I sent you the pm's on that.  Better than anything i have done previous.     

Been in a few scraps - but it ends so quickly it never gets messy.   Also I try to avoid fights now since I have a gun on me most times and its not worth the hassle.   

LMAO.. OK Chuck Norris

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2011, 07:29:22 AM »
LMAO.. OK Chuck Norris

Whatever - i sent you the pm's  - you know what where I go.   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 07:30:44 AM »
Whatever - i sent you the pm's  - you know what where I go.   

What?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 09:54:23 AM »
Iowa Republican Presidential Caucus

Polling Data
Poll Date Sample Paul  Romney  Gingrich  Perry  Bachmann  Santorum  Huntsman  Cain  Spread
RCP Average 12/13 - 12/18 -- 21.7 20.3 15.7 12.0 9.7 6.3 4.3 -- Paul +1.4
Insider Advantage 12/18 - 12/18 391 LV 24 18 13 16 10 3 4 -- Paul +6
PPP (D) 12/16 - 12/18 597 LV 23 20 14 10 10 10 4 -- Paul +3
Rasmussen Reports 12/13 - 12/13 750 LV 18 23 20 10 9 6 5 -- Romney +3

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 10:22:59 AM »
Iowa - Insider Advantage Poll (Paul-24, Romney-18, Perry-16, Newt-13, Bachmann-10)
.realclearpolitics.com ^ | 12/19/2011 | RCP

Posted on Monday, December 19, 2011 12:44:53 PM by TBBT

Paul - 24 Romney - 18 Perry - 16 Newt - 13 Bachmann - 10 Huntsman - 4 Santorum - 3

(Excerpt) Read more at realclearpolitics.com ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn - this thing might be kicking off.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 10:46:40 AM »
I think Bachmann should drop out and if she really cares about the constitution like she says, she should ask her followers to back Paul.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 10:48:28 AM »
I think Bachmann should drop out and if she really cares about the constitution like she says, she should ask her followers to back Paul.

i honestly could see her getting behind ron paul, if she does end up 4th or 5th in iowa.

she's been tea party for 20 years.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2011, 10:48:56 AM »

I think Palin might endorse RP from what I am gathering.   If she does - Paul will surge.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2011, 10:56:28 AM »
Ron Paul Takes Lead In Iowa
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 12/19/2011 11:32 -0500
www.zerohedge.com

When we learned on Saturday that the Des Moines Register, owned by Gannett - whose Chairman just happens to be a Private Equity firm head, and worked at Citigroup for most of her career, has endorsed Mitt Romney for president we said that this development "while likely set to provide a very short-term boost to Romney's chances, it is the baseless ongoing accusations against Ron Paul that will likely solidify the groundswell behind the Texan, with such desperate platitudes as "Ron Paul's libertarian ideology would lead to economic chaos and isolationism, neither of which this nation can afford." As it turns out, according to the latest Public Policy Polling data we can skip the kneejerk reaction and go straight to the after effect, because as of the latest polling, Ron Paul has finally taken the lead in Iowa. Granted this is just one of many polling organizations, and potentially it may be biased, but the bottom line is that often time reality (objective and subjective) is self-reinforcing. And when the US public realizes that the only candidate who deserves to be in the White House has a running chance, they will flock to him. Suddenly backing Ron Paul may just become the next cool thing. As for the Gingrich "honeymoon", it was over well before the nth divorce (pardon the pun). At this point we can only hope that the electoral game of reverse American Idol where the poll head is voted off in a week or so stops with Paul. However, with Perry, Bachmann, Romney and Gingrich already having been voted off, the only possible dark horse now remains Huntsman - does he have a running chance against Paul?

From the PPP:

Newt Gingrich's campaign is rapidly imploding, and Ron Paul has now taken the lead in Iowa.  He's at 23% to 20% for Mitt Romney, 14% for Gingrich, 10% each for Rick Santorum, Michele Bachmann, and Rick Perry, 4% for Jon Huntsman, and 2% for Gary Johnson.

Gingrich has now seen a big drop in his Iowa standing two weeks in a row.  His share of the vote has gone from 27% to 22% to 14%.  And there's been a large drop in his personal favorability numbers as well from +31 (62/31) to +12 (52/40) to now -1 (46/47). Negative ads over the last few weeks have really chipped away at Gingrich's image as being a strong conservative- now only 36% of voters believe that he has 'strong principles,' while 43% think he does not.

Paul's ascendancy is a sign that perhaps campaigns do matter at least a little, in a year where there has been a lot of discussion about whether they still do in Iowa.  22% of voters think he's run the best campaign in the state compared to only 8% for Gingrich and 5% for Romney. The only other candidate to hit double digits on that question is Bachmann at 19%. Paul also leads Romney 26-5 (with Gingrich at 13%) with the 22% of voters who say it's 'very important' that a candidate spends a lot of time in Iowa.  Finally Paul leads Romney 29-19 among the 26% of likely voters who have seen one of the candidates in person.

Paul's base of support continues to rely on some unusual groups for a Republican contest.  Among voters under 45 he's at 33% to 16% for Romney and 11% for Gingrich.  He's really going to need that younger than normal electorate because with seniors Romney's blowing him out 31-15 with Gingrich coming in 2nd at 18%. Paul is also cleaning up 35-14 with the 24% of voters who identify as either Democrats or independents. Romney is actually ahead 22-19 with GOP voters.  Young people and non-Republicans are an unusual coalition to hang your hat on in Iowa, and it will be interesting to see if Paul can actually pull it off.

Average:
Your rating: None Average: 4.8 (20 votes)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2011, 10:58:49 AM »
I think Palin might endorse RP from what I am gathering.   If she does - Paul will surge. 

palin would LOVE to be relevant again, ,after she couldn't sell Todd's snowmobile show.

She'd LOVE to get on the RP bandwagon, take credit for being kingmaker, so her bots could say "Look, ,she endorsed ron paul, and now he's in the lead..."

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2011, 11:20:25 AM »
palin would LOVE to be relevant again, ,after she couldn't sell Todd's snowmobile show.

She'd LOVE to get on the RP bandwagon, take credit for being kingmaker, so her bots could say "Look, ,she endorsed ron paul, and now he's in the lead..."

She endorses paul.....its the kiss of death

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2011, 11:20:52 AM »
Meh.  Romney conceded Iowa a long time ago, and still might win it.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2011, 11:22:19 AM »
She endorses paul.....its the kiss of death

LOL - did you change your registration yet?  BTW - what do your fellow bruthas feel about RP? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2011, 11:51:47 AM »
Meh.  Romney conceded Iowa a long time ago, and still might win it. 

I wonder why his team is unleashing millions of dollars there all of a sudden that it's winnable? 

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/dec/09/nation/la-na-1210-romney-strategy-20111210

December 09, 2011|By Seema Mehta, Los Angeles Times

Reporting from Cedar Rapids, Iowa — Mitt Romney and his supporters moved to prop up his faltering campaign Friday, unleashing millions of dollars of ads across Iowa and trying to connect personally with the voters who will cast the nation's first ballots in January.

A Romney-sympathetic "super PAC" — an independent group that can raise unlimited sums — launched a $3.1-million, three-week ad buy across the state. The 30-second television commercial contrasts Romney's job-creation record with President Obama's.