Author Topic: Is this blurring the line between MSM and propaganda?  (Read 965 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Is this blurring the line between MSM and propaganda?
« on: December 19, 2011, 06:17:03 PM »
Obama Has Liberal Media Stars Over To White House For Coffee

(ABC News) — An all-star list of progressive and liberal media folks came to the White House today to chat with President Obama over coffee in the Roosevelt Room.

The group chatted with the president about economic messaging, his agenda for 2012, the various campaign arguments against different GOP candidates, the desire among some Democrats for him to highlight his foreign policy accomplishments, fighting corporate influence and the “crappiness” of the Senate filibuster , as one attendee put it.

Those there included the Washington Post‘s Ezra Klein and Greg Sargent, MSNBC anchors Ed Schultz, Rachel Maddow, and Chris Hayes, the Nation’s editor and publisher Katrina vanden Heuvel, the New York Times‘ Frank Bruni, and stars of the interwebs Arianna Huffington, Josh Marshall of Talking Points Memo, Faiz Shakir of ThinkProgress and Joy Reid of The Reid Report.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/12/potus-has-coffee-with-progressive-media-stars/

Gee, I wonder what they talked about. $50 says it was to receive their marching orders for the next 11 months.  ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Is this blurring the line between MSM and propaganda?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 06:31:22 PM »
LMFAO

how many fox threads did blackass start today?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 06:32:22 PM »
watch and see - the exact liberals that attended will be repeating the talking points, day by day, as the white house instructs them.

it's a shady mixture of power and media, and demonstrates the power of the incumbency as well as the sick connection between those who create the news - and those who cover it.

Helluva evil blueprint:

http://mediamatters.org/research/200609180005

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 06:43:17 PM »
yea, moral equivilency!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 06:46:43 PM »
Dear god, no wonder obama is so fucked in the head.    It's a circle jerk of incompetence. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 07:29:50 PM »
watch and see - the exact liberals that attended will be repeating the talking points, day by day, as the white house instructs them.

it's a shady mixture of power and media, and demonstrates the power of the incumbency as well as the sick connection between those who create the news - and those who cover it.

Helluva evil blueprint:

http://mediamatters.org/research/200609180005

So they're no different from you. Well, they're big shots and you're a small fish trying to make it there one day.

"I think I can, I think I can, I think I can"

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 08:20:20 PM »
yea, moral equivilency!!!

immoral equiv maybe?  lol

watch and see if media matter covers this - now THAT will be interesting to see. 

Bush was a prick for doing this, and now so is obama.  Training the media to say exactly what you want.  My guess is that he's trying to get them to help guide the candidate he wants to face - Newt? - Into the GOP nomination?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 08:23:33 PM »
immoral equiv maybe?  lol

watch and see if media matter covers this - now THAT will be interesting to see. 

Bush was a prick for doing this, and now so is obama.  Training the media to say exactly what you want.  My guess is that he's trying to get them to help guide the candidate he wants to face - Newt? - Into the GOP nomination?

so Obama is bush? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 08:24:43 PM »
so Obama is bush?  

are they the same men?  I don't think so.

Does it appear that Obama is abusing his presidency to guide future events, with the help of complicit media trolls?  Yes.
Did Bush do this?  yes, we know he did.

So if you want to say - because they have this in common - that they are equal, then you can say that.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 08:33:10 PM »
are they the same men?  I don't think so.

Does it appear that Obama is abusing his presidency to guide future events, with the help of complicit media trolls?  Yes.
Did Bush do this?  yes, we know he did.

So if you want to say - because they have this in common - that they are equal, then you can say that.

Confused btpy your post. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 08:35:10 PM »
Confused btpy your post. 

Bush and obama employed the same tactic.  We have to watch to see the libs all have the same message the next month.  That's what happened with bush's minions, as it was very well documented.  Surely fox will now watch these 'journalists' and see if they have that common message.

methinks he is steering a particular repub candidate into office thru a coordinated lib talking attack against mitt or newt.  Or RP.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 08:36:49 PM »
Bush and obama employed the same tactic.  We have to watch to see the libs all have the same message the next month.  That's what happened with bush's minions, as it was very well documented.  Surely fox will now watch these 'journalists' and see if they have that common message.

methinks he is steering a particular repub candidate into office thru a coordinated lib talking attack against mitt or newt.  Or RP.

what? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2011, 08:44:25 PM »
what? 

i think obama wants to use this group of libs to trash a particular candidate, such as mitt, so that he can face the canddiate he fears least.

At the very least, keep mitt from winning for a few months.  Drag it out.  With Iowa 2 weeks away, that seems like the most obvious goal.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 08:49:31 PM »
i think obama wants to use this group of libs to trash a particular candidate, such as mitt, so that he can face the canddiate he fears least.

At the very least, keep mitt from winning for a few months.  Drag it out.  With Iowa 2 weeks away, that seems like the most obvious goal.

So who do think commiebama fears most.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 08:53:09 PM »
So who do think commiebama fears most.

Mitt.   Without a doubt.

newt's an attack dog, but on looks alone he'll lose many swing voters.  Toss in the % chance he'll gaffe it up or just show so much ego that people hate him...

Mitt sucks, but he consistently sucks at an acceptable level.

NOW - there is always the CHANCE that the reason they met is RON PAUL  :)

Maye internal polls show Ron paul about to take Iowa and maybe 2nd in NH, and the white house has a new plan for attacking Ron paul, since they know how many obama votes RP will siphon?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 10:16:49 PM »
LMFAO

how many fox threads did blackass start today?
wtf?  How is this a reply to what BF posted?  Since you asked, I looked, none.  Why did you post this here?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2011, 03:51:57 AM »
wtf?  How is this a reply to what BF posted?  Since you asked, I looked, none.  Why did you post this here?
LOL its related b/c of the avalanche of fox threads he starts all the while turning a blind eye to msm.

didnt really think i needed to point that out.

while youre at it, what does bush have to do with this thread?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 07:33:19 AM »
Yes.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 02:47:37 PM »
Yes.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2011, 08:24:59 PM »
Obama’s Media Flying Monkeys Get Their Marching Orders, Gear Up To Do Battle

Posted 06:59 PM ET

Journalism: Now the mainsteam media aren't even trying to conceal it. Witness the leading lights of the Beltway press who went to the White House Monday to get their political talking points. What are these people, anyway?

The relationship between Barack Obama and his media continues to burn with the same ardor as it has from the opening days of the 2008 campaign. The latest example is private sessions the White House has held with certain favorites not for the purpose of imparting news but for advising how to spin it.

"An all-star list of progressive and liberal media folks came to the White House (Monday) to chat with President Obama over coffee in the Roosevelt Room," reported ABC's Jake Tapper — who wasn't invited.

"The group chatted with the president about economic messaging, his agenda for 2012, the various campaign arguments against different GOP candidates, the desire among some Democrats for him to highlight his foreign policy accomplishments, fighting corporate influence, and the 'crappiness' of the Senate filibuster."

A skeptic might think it was just a president sharing his thoughts with reporters. But this wasn't even that. None of these chosen ones at what Mediabistro called the "ego summit" wrote or broadcast anything about this White House pow-wow.

According to Tapper, this session was all about "messaging" — how to smear the president's political opponents, both in the Congress and on the campaign trail, with a single coordinated voice to maximize the impact.

This is the stuff PR flaks do. If these participants aren't about to disclose what the White House has told them to report, why should the public believe anything they say? Such bar-lowering events are why an increasingly savvy public finds big media increasingly irrelevant.

Participants included Washington's most visible elites — Ezra Klein and Greg Sargent of the Washington Post, Frank Bruni of the New York Times, Ed Schultz and Rachel Maddow of MSNBC, Katrina vanden Heuvel and Chris Hayes of the Nation, Josh Marshall of Talking Points Memo and Faiz Shakir of ThinkProgress. All filed out of the White House and then — like the flying monkeys from "The Wizard of Oz" — flew off to spread the messaging Obama wanted.

This wasn't the first time Klein, for one, has done this sort of thing. Earlier this month he was caught giving briefings to congressional Democratic staff heads. And last year, he was exposed as the mastermind behind the incestuous "JournoList" listserv.

http://news.investors.com/Article.aspx?id=595569&p=1

That no one appears to be outraged over this says a lot. Here we have a president actively directing the major MSM news organizations in an effort to get reelected and everyone is ho-hum about it.

Pravda 2.0.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2011, 08:34:52 PM »
Matrix of lies to prop up dear leader. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2011, 08:35:53 PM »
That no one appears to be outraged over this says a lot. Here we have a president actively directing the major MSM news organizations in an effort to get reelected and everyone is ho-hum about it.

I agree it's shady as fck, and I agree obama should be criticized for it.  However, FOX pundits had a different perspective.

Former white house spokesman and repub hottie Dana perino said bush did this ONCE A YEAR

Then the fat repub guy with a nice suit next to her said it's part of normal media outreach, everybody does it from the president to city hall.

So while I think NO reporter should be allowed to ANY admin for little sit down planning sessions for strategy, I respect these republicans' beliefs on it.  Perino was the bush white house mouthpiece and she said nothing's wrong with it.

Still, I stand by my belief that he told them to prop up ron paul and newt, to get Mitt's road to the nomination as long and painful as possible.