Author Topic: 49ers vs Steelers  (Read 5584 times)

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
49ers vs Steelers
« on: December 19, 2011, 09:29:58 PM »
Take that Steeler Nation! It's time to take a back seat for the Harbaugh regime!

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
Re: 49ers vs Steelers
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 10:15:39 PM »

Aldon Smith...WOW.

That was a good game for the Niners. Not sure if Big Ben should've played on that ankle, however, he threw us some good interceptions.

Place I was in was going NUTS.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 10:33:49 PM »
Niners looked exceptional!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 07:24:44 AM »
They did it without Willis too. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 07:27:07 AM »

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 07:58:03 AM »
Thank you 49ers for the help!

While I'm still worried about the Ravens heading into the playoffs, we control our destiny yet again. Win the last two games and secure another 12 win season. I just want that #2 seed and 1st round bye. Could care less about New England getting the #1 seed. They will be exposed when it matters the most.

By the way, Aldon Smith is definitely the real deal.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 08:17:04 AM »
niners still have not allowed a rushing td. Very impressive.

They are a real contender for sure, even though they can be offensively anemic at times.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 11:57:12 AM »
Great game!

Props to Ben for hanging in there although some have criticized him saying it really hurt their team. 

Its fun to watch a defense like that.  They are  totally "lights out".

On the offensive side, its nice to see that they finally ran a screen.  Since the Ravens game i think this is the firs time they ran one.  Also the quick outs help stem the pass rush a bit. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 02:47:08 PM »
best win for 49ers in 9 years

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 02:55:34 PM »
^^^
LOL what a sore loser

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 03:07:12 PM »
name a better win they have had in the last 9 years

E
E

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 03:44:27 PM »
By the way, Aldon Smith is definitely the real deal.

13 sacks   :o

Broke Haley's team rookie record of 12...and he still has two more games to go. :)

niners still have not allowed a rushing td. Very impressive.

They are a real contender for sure, even though they can be offensively anemic at times.

The offense has really REALLY sucked in the red zone this year but we did capitalize on it finally last night.

Not only is the no rushing TD this year impressive, we also haven't allowed a 100yd rusher in 30+ games. Might even be closer to 40gm now.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11257/rashard-mendenhall

Mendenhall was below the 73yd average we've allowed this year, even.  

name a better win they have had in the last 9 years

E

It's also about timing, E. Just so happens that when your boys lose, you chime in with sour grapes. Coincidence? Doubt it. Btw, thanks so much for signing off each post with your initials, if it wasn't for that I would know who was actually writing the post. ::)

We beat your boys. We beat them fair and square. Ben was injured? So what, if he was injured he shouldn't have played, simple right?
Give credit where it is due. The Niners beat your Steelers. Suck it up and take it like Ben did from Aldon Smith all night long. Your O-line man Starks couldn't stop the guy all night.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 03:56:10 PM »
Im no niner historian but im guessing they can find a better win over the past 9 years...LMFAO

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2011, 03:57:54 PM »
ben shouldnt havent been in there I understand he wants to play but he hurt them alot last night

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 04:08:59 PM »

It's also about timing, E. Just so happens that when your boys lose, you chime in with sour grapes. Coincidence? Doubt it. Btw, thanks so much for signing off each post with your initials, if it wasn't for that I would know who was actually writing the post. ::)

We beat your boys. We beat them fair and square. Ben was injured? So what, if he was injured he shouldn't have played, simple right?
Give credit where it is due. The Niners beat your Steelers. Suck it up and take it like Ben did from Aldon Smith all night long. Your O-line man Starks couldn't stop the guy all night.

i said it was their best win in 9 years, i think their last big win was the comeback against the giants in the playoffs

since then they have won nothing memorable, am i wrong?  if i'm wrong why don't i ever see any other threads started about a 49ers win against other teams?  hmmm... ;)

don't be so sensitive

and if you want to talk "fair and square", i wonder if you would think that if all those flags went against your team

not that i'm saying the refs played a part in the loss, just saying you would blame the refs if they benefited the steelers

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 04:17:45 PM »
^^^
This isnt memorable either other than the way the steeler butt boys such as yourself are reacting :)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2011, 04:23:03 PM »
^^^
This isnt memorable either other than the way the steeler butt boys such as yourself are reacting :)

yes it is, if it wasn't there would've been other threads talking about one particular 49ers win

this win has officially put the 49ers back on the map, despite their record nobody was talking about them on tv or the radio

nothing makes a team more relevant than beating the big bad steelers, you of all people should know that but i guess you forgot because your team is heading back to being nonexistant ;D

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 04:24:46 PM »
yes it is, if it wasn't there would've been other threads talking about one particular 49ers win

this win has officially put the 49ers back on the map, despite their record nobody was talking about them on tv or the radio

nothing makes a team more relevant than beating the big bad steelers, you of all people should know that but i guess you forgot because your team is heading back to being nonexistant ;D

E
LOL nobody is going to remember this win as memorable next season or the season after its been one day earl...

I think your delusions of grandeur are getting the best of you bro.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 04:40:03 PM »
LOL nobody is going to remember this win as memorable next season or the season after its been one day earl...

I think your delusions of grandeur are getting the best of you bro.

still waiting for you or a 49ers fan to name a win that was more memorable within the last 9 years

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2011, 04:42:13 PM »
i couldnt even tell you who else they beat this season to be honest...LOL "memorable" youre a trip Earl

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2011, 04:44:34 PM »
i couldnt even tell you who else they beat this season to be honest...LOL "memorable" youre a trip Earl

so you're agreeing with me that the 49ers were irrelevant until last night

E
E

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2011, 04:58:56 PM »
In recent memory, easily the best win in 9 years.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2011, 04:59:31 PM »
so you're agreeing with me that the 49ers were irrelevant until last night

E
Hahaha, they were in the lead in their division where they not?

beating a shitty steelers team doesnt quite make them relevant...perhaps their record does that

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2011, 05:08:31 PM »
In recent memory, easily the best win in 9 years.

that's all i was saying

tony - shitty steelers team?  yeah i guess only winning 10 - 12 games is shitty for the steelers 8)

E
E

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2011, 05:19:59 PM »
i said it was their best win in 9 years, i think their last big win was the comeback against the giants in the playoffs

since then they have won nothing memorable, am i wrong?  if i'm wrong why don't i ever see any other threads started about a 49ers win against other teams?  hmmm... ;)

don't be so sensitive

and if you want to talk "fair and square", i wonder if you would think that if all those flags went against your team

not that i'm saying the refs played a part in the loss, just saying you would blame the refs if they benefited the steelers

E

EVERY win for them in the last 9yrs was important. Only that this year we've put together more of them and you can almost attribute all of them with Harbaugh being at the helm.

In every game there's going to be good calls and bad calls. I personally think the play that Davis made and was called out of bounds was bogus. Gore ran the ball in the next play, however, by what I saw Davis' foot was still in bounds and the ball broke the plane of the goal line. It was called out, Harbaugh challenge and though he lost that challenge it only means there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the original call. Had it been called a touchdown and Pittsburgh challenged to say no, would they have been able to overturn it? ::) I don't think the referee's could have.

Take a look at this thread:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=400093.25

UpInThemGuts and I go at, it declaring victory for each of our teams. We talk shit to one another and both of us confident enough in our teams to do battle and come out on top.

I lost.

I was the first to extend myself and say his boys played a good game and they won. Was there differences that I would have liked overturned? Sure. I said so in that thread too. Ginn's TD was called back due to a BS call on Gore being called for a chop block and again the announcer said it was BS. The interception of Browns was overturned to, where you can see both of them going for the ball and they tangled. Neither one of them was intentionally pushing, it was equal opportunity for the ball but the ref's saw it differently. The Ravens though just slaughtered our O-line with 9 sacks! :( They played a better game and won.

Man up and accept your boys lost. Don't be like Suh and get pissy when you lose and try to stomp someones hand after you beat his head into the ground. And after you're suspended and the entire world sees what you did over and over and over, you claim something stupid like the guy was untying your shoes all game. Oh yeah, that's reason enough to stomp someone. ::)

Man up.