Author Topic: 49ers vs Steelers  (Read 5557 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: 49ers vs Steelers
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2011, 05:23:43 PM »
that's all i was saying

tony - shitty steelers team?  yeah i guess only winning 10 - 12 games is shitty for the steelers 8)

E
no 3 interceptions and a defense that had a tough time stopping a bland offense kinda of team

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2011, 05:36:54 PM »
so you're agreeing with me that the 49ers were irrelevant until last night

E

lol

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2011, 07:24:50 PM »
EVERY win for them in the last 9yrs was important. Only that this year we've put together more of them and you can almost attribute all of them with Harbaugh being at the helm.

In every game there's going to be good calls and bad calls. I personally think the play that Davis made and was called out of bounds was bogus. Gore ran the ball in the next play, however, by what I saw Davis' foot was still in bounds and the ball broke the plane of the goal line. It was called out, Harbaugh challenge and though he lost that challenge it only means there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the original call. Had it been called a touchdown and Pittsburgh challenged to say no, would they have been able to overturn it? ::) I don't think the referee's could have.

Take a look at this thread:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=400093.25

UpInThemGuts and I go at, it declaring victory for each of our teams. We talk shit to one another and both of us confident enough in our teams to do battle and come out on top.

I lost.

I was the first to extend myself and say his boys played a good game and they won. Was there differences that I would have liked overturned? Sure. I said so in that thread too. Ginn's TD was called back due to a BS call on Gore being called for a chop block and again the announcer said it was BS. The interception of Browns was overturned to, where you can see both of them going for the ball and they tangled. Neither one of them was intentionally pushing, it was equal opportunity for the ball but the ref's saw it differently. The Ravens though just slaughtered our O-line with 9 sacks! :( They played a better game and won.

Man up and accept your boys lost. Don't be like Suh and get pissy when you lose and try to stomp someones hand after you beat his head into the ground. And after you're suspended and the entire world sees what you did over and over and over, you claim something stupid like the guy was untying your shoes all game. Oh yeah, that's reason enough to stomp someone. ::)

Man up.

uh all i said was it's their best win in 9 years

pissy?  man up?  lol you're the one crying over such a simple comment

as for the flags i'm just saying that there would've been a lot of complaints here and everywhere if they benefited the steelers, but since they went against the steelers the refs did a "good job", not that i'm saying that's why they lost

E

E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2011, 07:26:03 PM »
no 3 interceptions and a defense that had a tough time stopping a bland offense kinda of team

well it could've been worse, they could've lost to carolina

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2011, 07:41:26 PM »
well it could've been worse, they could've lost to carolina

E
or the Texans...OH WAIT THEY ALREADY DID!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2011, 09:07:56 PM »
The 9ers have beaten some legitimate teams this year. Detroit, New York, a strong starting Philly early on, and now the Steelers.
Smith isn't great, but he isn't giving up the games like he used to. Does the offense need work? Definitely, but if we can just score 21-24 points a game, we have a great chance of winning since the D doesn't give up more than 17 points average a game.
The biggest difference I see this year is the special teams and Smith's better decision making. Will the 9ers give up big for Luck next year? I wonder.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2011, 10:46:14 PM »
Russell Wilson might not be a bad gamble either and Maybe can get him in later rounds.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2011, 06:21:21 AM »
The 9ers have beaten some legitimate teams this year. Detroit, New York, a strong starting Philly early on, and now the Steelers.
Smith isn't great, but he isn't giving up the games like he used to. Does the offense need work? Definitely, but if we can just score 21-24 points a game, we have a great chance of winning since the D doesn't give up more than 17 points average a game.
The biggest difference I see this year is the special teams and Smith's better decision making. Will the 9ers give up big for Luck next year? I wonder.
Beat the Steelers with a QB that shouldn't have been in the building on that ankle.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2011, 07:34:02 AM »
As long as Alex Smith doesn't try to do more than he's capable of doing, their offense can put up 17-20 points a game. That's probably good enough to win 80% of the games they play, considering how good the defense is.

Harbaugh, being a former pro QB himself, knows to keep the offense scaled down and suited to Smith's strengths. His a good athlete that can make plays with his feet when the pocket breaks down. The sad part is that the 49ers have a super talented receiver in Crabtree but he's being wasted in that offense. Still have no clue as to why the 49ers drafted him when their Qb situation at the time was in the shitter. It's all about the running game, play action, and throwing to the TE up the seam in their offense.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2011, 07:36:04 AM »
Beat the Steelers with a QB that shouldn't have been in the building on that ankle.

You would've lost worse if the Steelers started Batch. Can't blame the Steelers for starting Ben, considering what was at stake.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2011, 08:55:33 AM »
As long as Alex Smith doesn't try to do more than he's capable of doing, their offense can put up 17-20 points a game. That's probably good enough to win 80% of the games they play, considering how good the defense is.

David Akers is about to break rice's single season scoring record.

Niner's are very inefficient in the red zone.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2011, 09:23:42 AM »

Without their best player on D, who is arguably the best LB in the NFL.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2011, 09:26:28 AM »
Without their best player on D, who is arguably the best LB in the NFL.

Talkin about Harrison right.. the guy who has an award for Defensive player of the year? That guy?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2011, 09:27:14 AM »

Agree.  They haven't allowed 100 yards rushing in more than a year.  They set an NFL record for consecutive games without allowing a rushing TD.  They're giving up 13 points a game.  Very impressive.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2011, 09:27:55 AM »
Talkin about Harrison right.. the guy who has an award for Defensive player of the year? That guy?

Nope.  Talking about Patrick Willis.  The beast who plays LB for the Niners.   :)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2011, 02:55:41 PM »
David Akers is about to break rice's single season scoring record.

Niner's are very inefficient in the red zone.

Niners are quite  horrible in the red zone.
Akers I thought broke Rice's
Record Monday night? I saw a statistic posted  on MNF that said he was tied and that was before he kicked the field goal he was lining up for when the statistic flashed. ??? ???

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2011, 07:26:20 PM »
better hope you guys dont play the Texans in the playoffs or he might get his other eye bone broke ;)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2011, 08:51:32 AM »
better hope you guys dont play the Texans in the playoffs or he might get his other eye bone broke ;)

Sounds great... We get some of out hogs back

(probowl Center)
(probowl Linebacker)

We are going to destroy you

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2011, 09:19:21 PM »
pro bowl wr

along with the defense that broke your boys eye, made polumalu look like a varsity high school safety and put rapelisburger in a boot ;)

hope we play you guys in the play offs and send rapesy back to earl and the rest of you limping and butt hurt

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2011, 07:57:54 AM »
pro bowl wr

along with the defense that broke your boys eye, made polumalu look like a varsity high school safety and put rapelisburger in a boot ;)

hope we play you guys in the play offs and send rapesy back to earl and the rest of you limping and butt hurt

cant wait.. you thought indy got you? Youre gonna get thrashed

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2011, 08:51:58 AM »
cant wait.. you thought indy got you? Youre gonna get thrashed
LOL did you watch that game?

Indy got lucky is what they got and a whole lot of help from the refs.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2011, 09:19:18 AM »
pro bowl wr

still think this after losing last night :D

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2011, 11:13:28 AM »
still think this after losing last night :D

E
after seeing your boys shit a brick last week...YEA!!! ;)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2011, 01:12:40 PM »
i'm hoping the steelers draw the texans in the first round

not only will it be an easy win for the mighty steelers, you will get owned :P

E
E