Author Topic: IMDb's Top 10 User-Rated Movies of 2011  (Read 1640 times)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
IMDb's Top 10 User-Rated Movies of 2011
« on: December 20, 2011, 03:16:02 PM »
http://www.imdb.com/oscars/year-in-review/top-user-rated-movies-of-2011

#10: X-Men: First Class
Our users say: "A prequel that does not, in any way, suck. Amazing, isn't it? Offering up plenty of surprises, some kickass action sequences, mighty fine special effects, sly humor and a killer cameo, it is without doubt the best comic book movie of the year – nay, decade – thus far. And considering how overcrowded that list is, this is really saying Something."

#9: Moneyball
Our users say: "Moneyball is possibly the best baseball movie I have I ever seen...It is possible that if you have absolutely no interest in baseball, you would still like this movie for its message about resisting the urge to do what is safe and easy in favor of what is odd and maybe even crazy...and works."

#8: The Help
Our users say: "This is an incredible film that not only pays justice to the bestseller on which it's based (according to those who have read the book AND seen the film), but is phenomenally cast, with exceptional performances by Viola Davis, Emma Stone, Octavia Spencer, Bryce Dallas Howard and Allison Janney..."

#7: The Muppets
Our users say: "For all of you who are wondering if this will even come close to capturing the magic of the original Muppet movie, I just have one thing to say to you: go see this movie!!!!! I was a little worried myself that this movie would not be great, but I gave it a chance. And I left with a smile on my face. :)"

#6: 50/50
Our users say: "Honest and at times tough to watch but never purposefully harsh or depressing. In fact, it is generally positive but in a way that isn't all sunshine and unicorns. It is smart, hilarious, and even touching while all the time remaining respectful of the audience's ability to relate to difficult circumstances without artificial emotional fishing.

#5: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2
Our users say: "What an amazing achievement to faithfully bring Rowling's epic saga to the big screen with the same cast and largely the same crew, maintaining the brilliant quality right to the end... Oh my god, its only just sinking in, this was the end....but what a great great end."

#4: Drive
Our users say: "A truly beautiful and hypnotic film... this is really Gosling's film, and he inhabits the character completely, turning what could be a straightforward Hollyood tough-guy role into a complex and contradictory character, self-confident and physical, yet clearly lonely and possessed with a certain peculiarity and stillness."

#3: Warrior
Our users say: "Every so often you'll come across a combat sport movie that manages to find just the right balance of drama and action – that is, more drama than action. When fights are justified with backstories full of crushing emotion, they become all the more intense and gratifying."

#2: Hugo
Our users say: "Absolutely brilliant. From the very first scene, you get a sense of how Scorsese is able to tap into the charm of 3-D... It's such a fantastical but genuine story that you can't help but fall in love with it, I think. Scorsese has brought a boy's dream to life but also written a love letter to film-making."

#1: A Separation
Our users say: "What makes this film the best I've ever seen in Iran? Is this the story or is this the directing? Maybe it's the acting, or perhaps the editing. I believe this movie has them all... Asghar Farhady has proved that one can be a successful filmmaker and yet show a more realistic picture of this land and average or working class Iranian families."

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
Re: IMDb's Top 10 User-Rated Movies of 2011
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 08:20:13 AM »
people have shitty taste

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 09:32:05 AM »
people have shitty taste

You are cracking me up lately  ;D

That said :D I don't think I've seen any of those movies...and haven't heard of some of them.
R

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 11:04:53 AM »
i do what i can!

some of the movies are good. 
10. Xmen - good movie, entertaining, but needed a little something IMHO
9.Moneyball was good, but way too long and honestly got tiresome.
8.THe help - not going to see it.  seriously that crap is over now.  let it go
7. the muppets - are you f*cking kidding me.  Is this what we've come to?  Kill me
6. 50/50 didn't see it and probably wont. Dont care for the stoner dude.  I also hate these wannbe dramadies (drama-comedies)
5. Harry pooper - -f*ck me i hate all of them
4. drive - haven't seen on the list though.  I heard it's overhyped though
3. warrior - just bought it, heard great things
2. Hugo - i don't see kids movies,
1. seperation - the only thing i want to see out of Iran is a mushroom cloud