Author Topic: Arnold - Damn he had calves!!! Pic!!!  (Read 40822 times)

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Arnold - Damn he had calves!!! Pic!!!
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2013, 05:26:14 PM »
No one noticed Ralf Moeller in this shot!
He must hang out with him alot. They were at the Arnold Classic together.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2013, 10:46:58 AM »
when does this strarted . i dont knowe for sure maybe platz sucess . thighs became the main leg muscle then .
.     It all started with Dorian, with Haney retired the so called Iron Age era ended and guys like Benfatto,Gaspary,Paris,Labrada thought they had a chance ....but things  took a wild turn for the worse.  

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2013, 01:00:56 PM »
Agree hipolito.  I totally admire Dorian for his work ethic and workman, hard, non-flamboyant training style but BBing in general was at its best in Lee Haney's time, the direction of mass over shape started with Dorian and got worse afterward.  Back in the iron age, they didn't accept distended guts and organ growth.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2013, 10:52:56 AM »
germans/austrians are known to have great calve genes

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2013, 10:54:37 AM »
yet arnold calves in 1968 were weak . in 1972 they were great . quite a change .

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2013, 10:57:52 AM »
yet arnold calves in 1968 were weak . in 1972 they were great . quite a change .

1000lb calve raises with reg park for months, he says.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2013, 11:02:13 AM »
arnold was the best
R

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2013, 11:04:04 AM »

they were lagging, but the shape was there, and when he built them they were the same shape only bigger

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2013, 11:06:19 AM »
few had made such improvments on their calves . some hidden secret . maybe or swaet patience belief courage character . like joe said in his book .

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2013, 11:14:56 AM »
few had made such improvments on their calves . some hidden secret . maybe or swaet patience belief courage character . like joe said in his book .

hard work.   most people decide that calves can't change - that they are completely genetic, so they don't train them at all.

Robbi Robinson had horrible calves throughout his career, but when he focused on them in1979 he still added an inch to them. so a black guy with bad calf genetics can add an inch in a year. what can a guy with good insertions and genetic predisposition do if he focuses on calves harder than any other group??

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2013, 08:08:55 AM »
i trained them hard but theey didnt grow much . that said . arnold never had great forearms nor great thighs .  he was  great but no god .

closeline

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2013, 10:30:59 AM »
Never seen this one before.

perfect proportions for a male

more is not better

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #112 on: November 14, 2013, 01:57:10 PM »
arnold had a sucess with his calves like few others robby, calves were never great . but the oak didnt have the same sucess with his thighs hams and forearms ... . so arnie had weak spots too .. so evident in 1980 . . . but yes his lower legs were great vince basile wonder how this was possible .

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #113 on: November 14, 2013, 03:34:55 PM »
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #114 on: November 14, 2013, 03:36:02 PM »
:)
funny how in this mag they have an exercise program for swimmers ::) ::) ::) ::)
F

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #115 on: November 14, 2013, 04:27:02 PM »
I was at Golds Gym in October 1968 when Arnold arrived. I got to measure his arms one day and they were 21 1/2 inches. That day he wouldn't let me measure his calves and told me to come back in two weeks. I always wondered what was supposed to happen in just two weeks.

He is the only bodybuilder from those days who had huge calves from the side. Except he had an unusual lump on the inside. You can see it from the back as well. What the heck is that? If you compare his calves at their biggest with the guys today who have huge calves his seem odd. So we know what huge calves look like and Arnold's look weird.

There were accusations that Arnold cheated and got help from doctors. Joe Gold claimed he knew the truth but wasn't telling.

Calves don't disappear. Mine are still over 17 " cold with absolutely no calf training. Arnold's calves have atrophied quite a lot. A mystery!

What you, Arnold?

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: November 14, 2013, 05:25:45 PM »
I was at Golds Gym in October 1968 when Arnold arrived. I got to measure his arms one day and they were 21 1/2 inches. That day he wouldn't let me measure his calves and told me to come back in two weeks. I always wondered what was supposed to happen in just two weeks.

He is the only bodybuilder from those days who had huge calves from the side. Except he had an unusual lump on the inside. You can see it from the back as well. What the heck is that? If you compare his calves at their biggest with the guys today who have huge calves his seem odd. So we know what huge calves look like and Arnold's look weird.

There were accusations that Arnold cheated and got help from doctors. Joe Gold claimed he knew the truth but wasn't telling.

Calves don't disappear. Mine are still over 17 " cold with absolutely no calf training. Arnold's calves have atrophied quite a lot. A mystery!

What you, Arnold?

In addition to Schwarzenegger, Eric Fankhouser and other bbs with extreme calf development have similar natural muscle formation "lumps" which appear more prominently on the inner head of the gastrocnemius in that particular calf pose.  

Fankhouser below:

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: November 14, 2013, 05:45:37 PM »
calf from the 70's and nowadays, not even scaled correctly you can see the calf is practically the same.
And Patrick has the exact same shape calves as arnold just smaller.

TheShape

• Getbig III
« Reply #118 on: November 14, 2013, 06:42:50 PM »
calf from the 70's and nowadays, not even scaled correctly you can see the calf is practically the same.
And Patrick has the exact same shape calves as arnold just smaller.

That kid needs to get his ass going in the gym. 1 in a billion genetics.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #119 on: November 14, 2013, 07:11:32 PM »
In addition to Schwarzenegger, Eric Fankhouser and other bbs with extreme calf development have similar natural muscle formation "lumps" which appear more prominently on the inner head of the gastrocnemius in that particular calf pose.  

Fankhouser below:

Thanks for that photo. Who knows what Arnold did? He sure changed his physique and condition after living in LA for a couple of years. Must be the west coast climate!

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2013, 07:34:21 PM »
 I don't think Arnold's legs were as nearly as underdeveloped as some people said they were. It was just that his upper body overwhelmed everything else--especially his chest.
SPOT ON!

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2013, 07:59:19 PM »

What you, Arnold?

that 'bump' is often genetic.  even your buddy and namesake goodrum has it, and he sure as hell didn't shoot anything in them.

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2013, 08:00:36 PM »
that 'bump' is often genetic.  even your buddy and namesake goodrum has it, and he sure as hell didn't shoot anything in them.

hazbin destroying a "never been" like taking no prisoners is simply a way of life.
®

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2013, 08:05:26 PM »
hazbin destroying a "never been" like taking no prisoners is simply a way of life.

I just take offence to people accusing Arnold of having fake calves.  watch 'Twins'.  his calves danced and split like fooken crazy. 

how could Arnold get implants in Tijuana in the 60's or 70's that good when guys today look like idiots when they fake their calves????

I would bet Arnold never did a single calf raise in his life prior to moving to US

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2013, 08:07:38 PM »
Well, Arnold's calves sure look better than those on Ronnie Coleman!