Author Topic: Comedians with political agendas  (Read 3998 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Comedians with political agendas
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2011, 08:53:41 PM »
On one show Maher can be talking about how awesome Ron Paul is and then on the next he will be talking like he never said any of that and Paul is the worst in the world lol...  Hannity is consistent in his absolute hate of Ron Paul.  I have no idea what that means and I'm sure it doesn't help lol...

maybe there are some things he loves about RP

and also some things he hates about RP

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2011, 09:23:34 PM »
maybe there are some things he loves about RP

and also some things he hates about RP
uh, yea... that would be totally fine but that's not Maher...  One show he will call Paul his new hero and then on another he can't stand the guy lol...  When you jump from "Hero" to "Zero" with the same guy, it's a bit more than someone like me who doesn't like some things about Paul but supports Paul on other things.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2011, 10:17:32 PM »
On one show Maher can be talking about how awesome Ron Paul is and then on the next he will be talking like he never said any of that and Paul is the worst in the world lol...  Hannity is consistent in his absolute hate of Ron Paul.  I have no idea what that means and I'm sure it doesn't help lol...

Your right... lol It's Hannity.

Maher getting down on Steve Irwin when he died really, really pisses me off though.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2011, 10:45:04 PM »
Your right... lol It's Hannity.

Maher getting down on Steve Irwin when he died really, really pisses me off though.
That really pissed me off too.  The shit he spewed about Irwin made me want kick his head in.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2011, 10:54:06 PM »
That really pissed me off too.  The shit he spewed about Irwin made me want kick his head in.

Good to know I'm not the only one. 

Come to think about it, I think we've talked about this before. lol

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2011, 11:03:29 PM »
Good to know I'm not the only one. 

Come to think about it, I think we've talked about this before. lol
Yea, i did get pretty pissed when that happened so I probably had a meltdown thread over it lol

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2011, 08:01:49 AM »
you idiot. They talk about current affairs in a joking manner. They are in America where they have free speech.

like i said before you're confusing "a comedian discussing politics" with "a comedian with a political agenda". 

and yes we have free speech, which is why i'm not trying to stop them, i'm simply highlighting the fact that it's an attempt at comedy in its weakest form.

so nothing about your post makes any fucking sense.  read.  think. post.  again Option D.  read. think. post.  it's really not that fucking hard.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2011, 08:07:18 AM »
uh, yea... that would be totally fine but that's not Maher...  One show he will call Paul his new hero and then on another he can't stand the guy lol...  When you jump from "Hero" to "Zero" with the same guy, it's a bit more than someone like me who doesn't like some things about Paul but supports Paul on other things.

and i can respect that.  i've always liked Bill Maher.  I've disagreed with most of his banter but I've always thought he's an intelligent guy.  But over the last 4-5 years I think he's getting lazy.  More and more I think he's just pandering to his kneepadders and not willing to go against his hard left audience on much of anything.  At least he is on Ron Paul.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2011, 08:10:45 AM »
Some comedian that just goes up on stage and starts sneeking in a political agenda, that's kinda lame.  But if there's nothing hidden and that's the purpose of the act or show then I have no problem with that.

Colbert is funny as hell.  Dennis Miller is a failure at everything he does.  Stewart is not that funny but does a good job at highlighting political shit that is so absurd it's funny on it's own...  Bill maher is the most uninformed commedian who tries to comment seriously on politics.  Sometimes he's right but often you can tell he hasn't really put in any research on a topic.  And it's annoying how upset he gets if you don't laugh at his jokes.

As long as it's up front, I don't have a problem with comedians getting political in their act or show.

Colbert is funny.  But lately i think he's been drifting too far to one team.  Again i think these guys become complacent and know who gets them ratings and pander to them in order to keep things going the way they are.  I appreciate these guys more when both sides are in their sights and no side is immune from ridicule.