Author Topic: The price of being too big  (Read 9720 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: The price of being too big
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2011, 07:41:27 PM »
RIP old man ;)

Hopefully, not for awhile yet....maybe another twenty years or so, huh?

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2011, 08:12:36 PM »
b

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2011, 09:41:47 PM »
no such thing as too big.

big = superior, whether it's fat or not. 

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2011, 11:13:29 PM »
  all natural  :D  lmmfao

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2011, 01:07:35 AM »

This seems like the rationale of a fat person.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2011, 01:23:22 AM »

Even this big?

O

lm

• Getbig II
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2011, 01:54:51 AM »
memory foam mattress

That was my solution for years. Then I got married and the wife hated it. Had to get rid of it and the dreaded shoulder pain started. It got so bad I had to stop working out. I tried to restart a couple of times, but the pain was too much. A year later I have shrunk down to nothingness and me needing memory foam to sleep is an old memory. I now get comfortable anywhere, but I look like nothing.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2011, 01:55:42 AM »
So you are 300lbs, but you run out of breath going up a flight of stairs, your joints ache, you are sweating in a ac room, you fart a lot and take 5 dumps a day and you are constantly stuffing yourself with food, now if you are a professional bodybuilder i can understand this is how you earn your living but for the average gymrat why would you want to put your body through this, is it really worth it to be that big
In the early-Late 1990s got up to 127-128kg and consistently hovered around the 120s for years, Big, Powerful, Strong and all that shit you go though as a Younger guy with way to much time on your hands and nothing but being "Big" ringing in your head 24/7, Didnt get sweats much, no joint pains (well who does in their Late teens early 20s) although i did Gas Pretty quickly Fighting working on the Nightclub Doors back then which is why 9 times out of 10 you wanted to End a Fight Fast back then... Grappling, picking someone up Dumping to the ground etc etc all good....Non stop punching or kicking....GAS FAST.....which is why you always try to end it Fast which you usually did back then anyway, These days about 102-104kg all good... alot Older Yip but way more Healthy, more Mobile and active than i ever was way back when, is it worth getting Huge? Opinion's are a Dime to a Million.

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2011, 02:22:55 AM »
Die for mass.

/thread.

greeneyes

• Getbig IV
  • TeaM beautiful éyés FéLLa whén he eatiNg
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2011, 03:17:09 AM »
why be +120kg when you can be like that ?  ::)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2011, 04:34:00 AM »
why be +120kg when you can be like that ?  ::)
is that you in that pic, if so no offence but that is the ugliest midsection I ever seen, or maybe just the angle, but it droops into love handles, solid abs though 8)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2011, 07:03:27 AM »
RIP old man ;)
lol

Yep, there will be a tribute thread about this dude within a couple of years.
!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2011, 07:04:34 AM »
werent you talkng about squatting 600 for a single awhile back? you call that "world class strength" at 294 lbs.?

Relax FAT MAN. You made a few outrageous claims in your day too.
!

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2011, 08:51:02 AM »
werent you talkng about squatting 600 for a single awhile back? you call that "world class strength" at 294 lbs.?

Yes, I was. What does this have to do with my competition lifts? Last week I squatted 612 for three. Again, what does this have to do with anything related to what is done at a meet?

The record for a raw and drug-free squat in the IPF is something like 740. I hope to do seven in late January.

With multi-ply gear, a monolift and drugs I could, within six months, and being conservative, squat 900-1,000.

Hope this helps.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2011, 08:53:15 AM »

And abusing your body with food to be 295 pounds is healthy? You would probably be HEALTHIER on 3  grams of test a week popping abombz left and right and at that weight, then natural at that weight. I mean shit at least the nutrients  would be building some muscle and put to use in the process... instead of going straight to your ass and gut Also what's with you strongman/powerlifter folks saying your "roughly" 336 pounds, like anyone gives a fuck :D

Wrong. Twenty-six years is a long time. Plus, my nads are still perfectly functional.

I only mentioned my bodyweight because ... IT'S THE SUBJECT OF THIS THREAD.

Geez, some of you are pure idiots. 

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2011, 09:27:50 AM »
Ask big down hill!

the trainer

« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2011, 09:38:16 AM »
most of us who life weights like the attention we get from women, now if you are so big that you run out of breath fucking a girl and you do not try to lose some of the bulk and get better cardio, then i think you have a physiological problem and you should get help, i mean come on your are just a useless sack of shit.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2011, 09:43:28 AM »
most of us who life weights like the attention we get from women, now if you are so big that you run out of breath fucking a girl and you do not try to lose some of the bulk and get better cardio, then i think you have a physiological problem and you should get help, i mean come on your are just a useless sack of shit.

I respect your motivations. However, for me, attracting girls through weight training has never been a consideration.

As I say earlier in the thread, I never get winded, doing anything. In fact, I can jog for a few KM, no problem. But I agree, if you DO get winded doing normal tasks, it's time to reassess the mandate.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2011, 10:19:05 AM »
So you are 300lbs, but you run out of breath going up a flight of stairs, your joints ache, you are sweating in a ac room, you fart a lot and take 5 dumps a day and you are constantly stuffing yourself with food, now if you are a professional bodybuilder i can understand this is how you earn your living but for the average gymrat why would you want to put your body through this, is it really worth it to be that big

I agree. Besides its a shitty look and no one will find that attractive. I happen to be very comfortable at my current weight with hardly any fat or water and I'm just under 80lbs less than that. Anyone not trying to compete should be going for the slightly larger fitness model look

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2011, 10:26:15 AM »
Even this big?

some (a lot) posters in this thread look similar to that.  they think if they weigh as much as the pros it means they're one of the "big guys"

fatpanda used to call people twinks, as if he were big and muscley.  we know what he looked like.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2011, 12:10:19 PM »
Yes, I was. What does this have to do with my competition lifts? Last week I squatted 612 for three. Again, what does this have to do with anything related to what is done at a meet?

The record for a raw and drug-free squat in the IPF is something like 740. I hope to do seven in late January.

With multi-ply gear, a monolift and drugs I could, within six months, and being conservative, squat 900-1,000.

Hope this helps.

pics?
T

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2011, 12:21:32 PM »
Even this big?

Even as a doctor I have to watch carefully for a correct anatomical interpretation of some of this guy's fat rolls.....

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2011, 12:23:11 PM »

Hope this helps.

you'd probably out bench kennelly if you did a little winny and got one of those cheater bench shirts too.

anyone over 300 who's not 6'4+ or isn't a watery offseason pro is a grossly fat fuck who needs some cardio. 230 for someone 5'10" and on AAS is probably the limit for really lean size, obv more for abusers

L.L

« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2011, 12:24:48 PM »
I don't know, I've never been 300 lbs before.  265 is my biggest.  I've noticed that if I'm getting winded easily, I just need to throw in cardio a few times a week.  If my joints ache, well, that's a price you pay for doing anything that takes a toll on your body.  When I was playing basketball in college, my joints used to ache just as badly after several hours of practice.  Ok, sure, you fart and shit a lot.  If a few extra bathroom trips each day is enough to steer you away from your goals then I think you need to look at your work ethic.  I like to eat a lot.  I come from an italian family where large quantities of food have always been the thing so I never really view it as "stuffing myself", plus when you are on certain things, you are much more hungry and more often so therefore you want to eat more.

I'd be curious to see how many times I've made the following statement on this board, but here goes again:

Set your goals and act accordingly.  If you want to be a pro bodybuilder, you gotta accept what that takes.  If you just want to be a top notch gym rat, but don't want any of the little annoyances that come with it, then you need to find a balance and act accordingly to that.

Lastly, when you ask why someone would want to be so big?  It could be for many reasons ranging from competitive to mental health.  Why would people want to base jump or sky dive?  Why would people want to enlist in the military full well knowing that they could die at war?  Why does anyone do anything?  It's a matter of choice and doing what makes you happy.  Some people may not agree or feel as you do, but it doesn't mean that what you are doing is wrong.

Food for thought kids.

spot on ,as usual....this kid is going places...remember that.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2011, 01:47:08 PM »
145 lbs