Author Topic: Gun Appreciation Thread  (Read 24510 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Gun Appreciation Thread
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2011, 01:56:11 PM »
TSHTF - I'm grabbing my mossberg 500 pistol grip cruiser, glock 26 w few mags, and my AK47 w at least 5 30 rounders.   

Good choices.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2011, 02:02:10 PM »
True but in a SHTF situation the rifle is what you should be using. In a home defense situation a rifle is what you should be using.

Why a rifle for home defense? Handguns are more maneuverable, are they not?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2011, 02:03:24 PM »

Shotgun is better.   Less penetration through walls and better spray pattern under duress.     

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2011, 02:04:42 PM »

Depends on the home , a rifle will get the job done more so than a pistol would. Especially a shotgun with 00

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2011, 02:16:19 PM »
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2011, 02:18:24 PM »
 :)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2011, 02:19:03 PM »
Hand guns within a 100 yards? hand guns are good enough until you can get to your rifle , hand guns are back ups , the rifle is what you always wanna use

Forget iron sites like the pistol they are used for back-ups if your optic goes down , for getting sights on a target as fast as possible nothing beats a red dot or halo , you can get a cheap one for $120 bucks like Primary arms T1 micro Aimpoint clone
acog FTW!!!! ;D

seriously, Check out leupold.
A

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2011, 02:21:20 PM »
acog FTW!!!! ;D

seriously, Check out leupold.

I have an Aimpoint , I have a 6.5 Grendel lower sitting around if and when I decide to build it I would go the Leupold or Nightforce route with an 18" or 20" barrel

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2011, 02:24:18 PM »

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2011, 03:14:00 PM »

fucking love duck hunting with an intratec

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2011, 09:32:34 AM »
Shotgun is better.   Less penetration through walls and better spray pattern under duress.     

Good point on the better spray pattern. But then again, I'd rather place an accurate shot if I had to.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2011, 10:58:19 AM »
hollow points. ;)
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2011, 06:18:00 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

D.C. Ordered to Pay $1M in Historic Gun Case
Foxnews ^
Posted on December 29, 2011 9:00:06 PM EST by Red in Blue PA

WASHINGTON – The District of Columbia has been ordered to pay more than $1 million in attorneys' fees as a result of a historic gun case that was ultimately decided by the U.S. Supreme Court.

Dick Heller sued the city in 2003 over its ban on handgun ownership and the U.S. Supreme Court overturned the ban in June 2008, saying it violated the Second Amendment.

A federal judge on Thursday issued an opinion awarding Heller's attorneys $1,137,072.27 in fees and expenses. The attorneys had argued they should be awarded $3.1 million. Attorneys for the city said the figure should be closer to $840,000.

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2011, 06:11:31 AM »
Fort Worth Home Invasion Suspect Shot Dead
myfoxdfw.com ^ | December 29, 2011 | Alice Wolke

FORT WORTH - A woman shot and killed an home intruder in her exclusive Fort Worth neighborhood early Thursday morning, according to police.

Officers first received reports of a prowler in the 6700 block of Fortune Road near the Ridglea Country Club about 3:30 a.m.

According to Fort Worth Police Public Information Officer Sharron Neal, the woman, who was home alone, told police that someone rang her doorbell, then broke into her home.

Before she dialed 911, the woman reportedly called her husband, who was away traveling. He advised her to retrieve a gun kept in the home for protection.

Officer Neal said when officers arrived a few minutes later, they found a man inside the home with a gunshot wound to the torso.

The suspect, identified as 29-year-old James Green of Fort Worth, was rushed to John Peter Smith Hospital, where he later died.

Officer Neal also said the family had recently purchased the home.

Fort Worth police were interviewing the woman at downtown headquarters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2011, 07:29:24 AM »
*bump* for people defending themselves and their families while making the world a safer place in the process.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2011, 08:49:24 AM »
No charges in Royal Palm Beach fatal shooting that took place after attempted motorcycle theft(FL)
wptv.com ^ | 30 December, 2011 | Evan Axelbank

ROYAL PALM BEACH, Fla. - A 19-year-old with a criminal history is dead after police say he was shot while trying to steal a motorcycle.

The man who pulled the trigger won't be charged by sheriff's deputies.

It all started at 4:00 a.m. Thursday morning when police say the owner of the motorcycle heard them, grabbed his rifle and opened fire.

"I knew it was real close from how they sounded," said the man's neighbor, Chris Grear. "It was boom, boom, boom, boom."

He says his next door neighbor fired more than a half-dozen bullets.

Benjy Young, 19, was killed.

Police say Young was one of three men trying to load the man's motorcycle onto a pickup truck they had just stolen.

Police say the homeowner acted in self-defense.

"They turned to him and pointed something at him in a gesture, like a firearm," said Sheriff's Deputy Eric Davis.

Legal analyst Michelle Suskauer says Florida has what's called the "stand your ground" law.

Passed in the mid-90s, it allows people to protect themselves when their property, like a vehicle, is entered, and the threat of bodily harm is made.

If this had happened 20 years ago, the outcome could've been different.

"In the past, you would not be able to use deadly force," said Suskauer. "You would have to retreat, before you would use deadly force, call the authorities, call for help."

Ironically, Suskauer says the people who could be jailed for Young's death are his own accomplices.

Because Young died in what police say was the commission of a separate felony - stealing a motorcycle and a truck - the two accomplices could face murder charges.

(Excerpt) Read more at wptv.com ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In NYC - this homeowner would have been charged.   

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2011, 09:34:06 AM »
This is a great thread. People need to understand you can defend yourself if your personal is violated. Had a guy down here in s.florida a few years back got attacked at a red light by somebody who had the road rage thing going on...as soon as he reached into the guys car the guy was carrying and put him down to rest. No charge.

I have zero sympathy for people who seem to feel they can just violate other peoples personal. They get what they get and here in florida it's a bullet to the chest.

I bought my wife a mossberg for her birthday, taught her how to care for the firearm aswell as how to use it. She asked why, then I showed her home invasion videos of here in florida alone. A dead home intruder is always better than a live one in court, so put em to rest.   

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2011, 09:41:12 AM »
No charges in Royal Palm Beach fatal shooting that took place after attempted motorcycle theft(FL)
wptv.com ^ | 30 December, 2011 | Evan Axelbank

ROYAL PALM BEACH, Fla. - A 19-year-old with a criminal history is dead after police say he was shot while trying to steal a motorcycle.

The man who pulled the trigger won't be charged by sheriff's deputies.

It all started at 4:00 a.m. Thursday morning when police say the owner of the motorcycle heard them, grabbed his rifle and opened fire.

"I knew it was real close from how they sounded," said the man's neighbor, Chris Grear. "It was boom, boom, boom, boom."

He says his next door neighbor fired more than a half-dozen bullets.

Benjy Young, 19, was killed.

Police say Young was one of three men trying to load the man's motorcycle onto a pickup truck they had just stolen.

Police say the homeowner acted in self-defense.

"They turned to him and pointed something at him in a gesture, like a firearm," said Sheriff's Deputy Eric Davis.

Legal analyst Michelle Suskauer says Florida has what's called the "stand your ground" law.

Passed in the mid-90s, it allows people to protect themselves when their property, like a vehicle, is entered, and the threat of bodily harm is made.

If this had happened 20 years ago, the outcome could've been different.

"In the past, you would not be able to use deadly force," said Suskauer. "You would have to retreat, before you would use deadly force, call the authorities, call for help."

Ironically, Suskauer says the people who could be jailed for Young's death are his own accomplices.

Because Young died in what police say was the commission of a separate felony - stealing a motorcycle and a truck - the two accomplices could face murder charges.

(Excerpt) Read more at wptv.com ...

In NYC - this homeowner would have been charged.   

Awesome. back when I was in nyc I got a call about someone almost dead. I get there and this guy is roped up to a pole half beaten to death. He had a note on him that said ''I'm a bad motorcycle thief'' We didnt even bother trying to find out who did it cuz I would do the same.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2011, 06:51:21 PM »
Tennessee tourist arrested for bringing pistol into 9/11 Memorial
nypost.com ^ | 12/29/2011 | JAMIE SCHRAM, C.J. SULLIVAN and DAREH GREGORIAN
Posted on December 29, 2011 2:03:08 PM EST by massmike

A tourist from Tennessee waltzed into one of the most secure sites in the city — and politely asked a cop if she could check her weapon.

Instead, she was dragged out in cuffs.

Now, Meredith Graves, 39, is facing at least three years in prison for thinking New York’s gun laws are anything like those in the Bible Belt.

Graves, a fourth-year medical student, showed up at the memorial on Dec. 22 to pay her respects during a trip north for a job interview.

She didn’t realize that the loaded .32-caliber pistol in her purse would be a problem until she saw a sign at the site that read, “No guns allowed,” sources said.

“She remembered she had the gun on her,” a source said. She walked up to a security guard and said, “I have this gun. Where can I check it?”

The guard told her that she was in luck because of “law enforcement day” — and led her to another area.

When she got to that section, she asked another cop, “We have this gun — can we check it in here? We [my husband and I] are not law-enforcement.”

That’s when she was arrested.

Graves, who has a full legal carry permit in Tennessee, was locked up on a weapons-possession charge and held on $2,000 bond that she posted yesterday. She is due in court on March 19.

She’ll soon find out exactly how serious New York City is about illegal guns. The Manhattan DA’s Office is pursuing a conviction on felony gun possession — carrying a minimum sentence of 3 1/2 years.

Mayor Bloomberg, with the help of the five district attorneys, has crusaded against the flow of illegal guns, especially from the South.

(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...

What a moron this woman is!!!   Jesus Christ - does she not know what is going on in NYc! 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2012, 06:25:19 AM »
Pictured: The teenager shot dead after taking pellet gun to school... posing with 'lethal weapon'
Daily Mail ^ | 01/05/12 | Staff

This is the teenager shot dead by police for brandishing a pellet gun in the hallway of his school - posing with a friend holding the 'weapon'.

Jaime Gonzalez, 15, was gunned down because he would not lower the gun which officers believed was a loaded pistol.

---

He said he heard police run down the hallway and yell 'put the gun down,' before several shots were fired.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2012, 12:20:48 PM »
Boy, 14, kills intruder after gang of FOUR men try to break into house
UK Daily Mail ^ | 7:28 PM GMT on 5th January 2012 | Paul Thompson

Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2012 3:24:24 PM by DCBryan1

Yet another teen has used deadly force to protect his home from intruders.

Police in North Carolina revealed a 14-year-old boy shot dead an intruder attempting to break into his home while he and his sister were alone.

The teen opened fire with a shotgun while his 17-year-old sister hid in a closet as a gang of men attempted to smash their way into their home.

The incident took place two days before 18-year-old Sarah McKinley shot and killed an intruder breaking into her home in Oklahoma

While on the phone with 911, the young mother shot and killed one of the intruders with a 12-gauge shotgun after he forced his way inside her home.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

________________________ ________________________ ______________

Awesome!!!!!

Obama voters are dropping like flies lately!   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2012, 06:29:21 AM »
MSNBC Puts Two and Two Together and Comes Up with Zilch
thetruthaboutguns.com ^ | 6 January, 2012 | Bruce W. Krafft
Posted on January 7, 2012 8:39:04 AM EST by marktwain

A comforting report from msnbc.com highlights what they see as an incongruous silver lining in the country’s persistent economic doldrums: “Americans, take solace: While your chances of landing a job these days might not be great, you’re also less likely to be murdered, or robbed or to have your car stolen. The rate of major crimes in the U.S. continues to drop – even during the recent recession and its aftermath – and crime experts aren’t sure why.” Their “experts” explain that in every recession since WWII, there’s been an increase in crime rates. Criminologist and UC Berkeley law professor Franklin Zimring provides an appetizing visual by pointing out that, “What’s pushing it down is the mystery meat in the recipe of recent years.” But when he says “recent years,” what, precisely, does he mean?

According to recently released FBI crime statistics, the number of violent crimes — murder and non-negligent homicide, forcible rape, robbery and aggravated assault — reported in the first six months of 2011 declined 6.4 percent compared with the first six months of 2010. The number of property crimes (burglary, larceny-theft and motor vehicle theft) decreased 3.7 percent for the same time frame.
The report is based on information from more than 12,500 law enforcement agencies and shows the continuation of a downward trend in crime that began in 2008.

Hmmm, I wonder. Is there anything else that’s happened? Something that started in 2008 that might explain the drop in crime rates? Well, according to an October, 2008 story from the New York Times:

Sales of handguns, rifles and ammunition have surged in the past week, according to gun store owners around the United States who describe a wave of buyers concerned that an Obama administration will curtail their right to bear arms.

But is that just an anecdote or was that part of a bigger trend? According to the FBI, NICS checks (which are indicative of firearm sales) have been steadily rising since 2007. Looking at the 60 months of NICS checks from January 2007 through December 2011, there have only been eight months where sales didn’t rise over the previous year’s sales. In layman’s terms, people have been buying more guns each year than they did the year before. And the media have been all over this story for years.

So how does a non-credentialed, non-professorial, non-criminologist, non-journalist with no experts to call on connect these dots when a senior editor at msnbc.com can’t? It’s almost as if he’s wearing ideological blinkers or something. Perish the thought.

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2012, 06:42:02 AM »

Absolutely not true.

I'd only use a shotgun for home defense if I was living by myself or absolutely knew what was behind my target.

1. Buckshot will go through walls and fuck some shit up. Let's put it this way. From about 5-10 yards in a home defense situation, most of your BBs should go into your guy, but every BB that goes flying and misses is a liability that you are responsible for. If it hits a loved one sleeping in next room, neighbor, ...etc.

Birdshot will not go through walls but it is highly ineffective in stoping an intruder. It will only make a flesh wound about 1-2 inches of penetration. So it's useless unless you go for the fucker's eyes, which still doesn't put the intruder down because he can still fight with his hands.

2. Pistol and rifle are best options because you can control each round that you shoot.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2012, 07:23:35 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2012, 07:25:48 PM »