Author Topic: Sarah Palin criticizes Obama holiday card -- and the dog  (Read 1131 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Sarah Palin criticizes Obama holiday card -- and the dog
« on: December 22, 2011, 08:50:17 AM »
So much for the holiday spirit. Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is once again targeting the Obama administration, leveling a critical glare at the official White House holiday greeting card for not emphasizing Christmas.

The card, seen above, was created for the Obama family by L.A. artist and designer Mark Matuszak. It features an image of Bo, the Obama family dog, in front of a fireplace in the White House library with a poinsettia and other decorations. The card, which makes no direct mention of Christmas and doesn't feature a Christmas tree, states: "From our family to yours, may your holidays shine with the light of the season."

Palin told Fox News that she found it "odd" that the card emphasizes the dog instead of traditions like "family, faith and freedom." She also said that Americans are able to appreciate "American foundational values illustrated and displayed on Christmas cards and on a Christmas tree."

In the past, White House cards have varied in terms of a secular versus a Christian approach. The George W. Bush administration tended toward the religious. In 2008, the White House card made no direct reference to Christmas but featured a quote from the Gospel of Matthew. In 2005, the Bush family's card featured a quote from the book of Psalms.

The Bill Clinton administration took a more secular tack. The family's 1995 card used the word "holiday" but featured an image of a Christmas tree.

The Obama family has also preferred a more secular approach. Last year's holiday card featured an image of a White House covered with snow, with the following greeting: "May your holiday be filled with all the simple gifts of the season, and may your new year be blessed with health and happiness."

Matuszak said in a phone interview last week that he was contacted a few months ago by the White House social secretary, who asked him to create this year's holiday card.

"They wanted to do an inside shot, something home related," said Matuszak. One idea was to focus on Bo, the Obama family dog. "So we thought, let's put Bo in front of a fireplace."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Sarah Palin criticizes Obama holiday card -- and the dog
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 08:59:05 AM »
Damn - she beat me to it.   I should be attacking the dog too.   

But right now "Fat Ass" is gorging down pizzas, muy thais, wines, kobe beef, desserts, caviar, etc.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 10:04:21 AM »
Looks like the dog is pissing away money now too

Did Bo Return From Hawaii for Obama’s Photo Op?
by Keith Koffler on December 22, 2011, 11:53 am

Bo Obama was supposed to be in Hawaii. Instead, he showed up at President Obama’s side Wednesday shopping for treats at Pet Smart

According to Michelle Obama’s press office, the first dog was planning to go to Hawaii with the first lady and the Obama daughters. The Associated Press reported that he in fact had made it there. The Honolulu Star-Advertiser quoted an eyewitness who said he had seen the Portuguese Water Dog having his walk.

So what is Bo doing back in Washington shopping at PetSmart?

Either all these reports are mistaken, or Bo was told his vacation was over and that he had to return to the White House to keep a lonely president company – and participate in a silly photo op presenting Obama as an average guy who likes to head out to the PetSmart.

If Bo returned from Hawaii, who paid for his flight?

It’s possible he hitched a ride on a return flight of the Air Force plane that brought Michelle from Hawaii, which wouldn’t have really added much to Michelle’s more than $100,000 price tag for her solo trip.

Or maybe he commandeered his own Air Force jet.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2011/12/22/bo-shipped-hawaii-obamas-photo-op

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 10:19:52 AM »

Obama Campaign Misuses Official White House Holiday Photo For Political Purposes
Zeke Miller | Dec. 22, 2011, 12:52 PM | 357 | 5
A A A   
inShare.7

The Obama campaign just emailed supporters asking them to sign a card wishing the First Family well in the new year. But the campaign may have run afoul of White House rules prohibiting the use of official images in political advertisements.

The email features the Obama family's official holiday portrait taken by White House photographer Pete Souza, and released last week on the administration's official Flickr account.

The image has this disclosure on Flickr:

This official White House photograph is being made available only for publication by news organizations and/or for personal use printing by the subject(s) of the photograph. The photograph may not be manipulated in any way and may not be used in commercial or political materials, advertisements, emails, products, promotions that in any way suggests approval or endorsement of the President, the First Family, or the White House.

The image also appears slightly alters on the campaign's website — without any disclosure as to its source.

The campaign and the White House did not immediately reply to emailed requests for comment.

Here is the email from the campaign:

I've known the President and the First Lady for a long time.

I've seen them face some big years before. But the year ahead will be the biggest.

And as we head into 2012, I think we should show Barack and Michelle how many folks are standing with them.

A couple of us on the campaign are putting together a card for everyone to sign with our names and notes, wishing the President and the First Lady well for the year ahead. It may feel like a small gesture, but it's one that becomes very large, very quickly, when hundreds of thousands of people add their names. I just know it's going to mean the world to them.

This is Barack Obama's last campaign. Let's show him and Michelle that we'll be behind them every step of the way next year:

http://my.barackobama.com/Wish-Them-Well

Thank you, and best wishes for a happy new year.

-Julianna

Julianna Smoot
Deputy Campaign Manager
Obama for America

Please follow Politics on Twitter and Facebook.
Follow Zeke Miller on Twitter.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-campaign-misuses-white-house-picture-for-political-purposes-2011-12#ixzz1hHyBTwN3

________________________ _______________________

I'm hoping BO gets stuck in DC over XMas with nothing but a few 40s and espn to watch.   

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 10:42:23 AM »
Why couldn't they get all an all American dog instead of some boutique dog. Did they rescue that animal? Yes libs I have a problem with Obama's dog as well. I have a problem with everything the man does.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 10:51:38 AM »
Why couldn't they get all an all American dog instead of some boutique dog. Did they rescue that animal? Yes libs I have a problem with Obama's dog as well. I have a problem with everything the man does.

I thought muslims were not allowed to have dogs? 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 10:53:52 AM »
They do if they have other animals to tend to....I guess mobacca and the obamlets need herding to the food trough.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 10:55:42 AM »
They do if they have other animals to tend to....I guess mobacca and the obamlets need herding to the food trough.

I don't know if that can be herded IMHO 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 11:36:35 AM »
i dont care what some quitter ex-governor pundit thinks about the white house christmas cards.

i care about what solutions the 2012 GOP contenders have for our financial crisis.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 11:52:36 AM »
Why doesn't the first family ever have a cat?

I would have suspected that Obama was a cat person...  ::)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 01:30:20 PM »
LOL at the douchebags and their petty hatred on this thread.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 01:33:12 PM »
He's destroying my country...u assholes did the same for Bush, before he even took office.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 01:34:31 PM »
LOL at the douchebags and their petty hatred on this thread.

And going after Palins' kids was any better you jilted stalking douche? 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011, 01:40:02 PM »
Where did Obama do that?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2011, 03:45:06 PM »

no fucking shit..

the shit is fucking immature and disgusting for a grown man to act like that. Fucking amazing. He tied his shoe.. are you upset with that too?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 03:48:17 PM »
He's destroying my country...u assholes did the same for Bush, before he even took office.

That fucker did destroy my country. Fucking dumb ass war. 
How the fuck was the economy left when he exited office.. Yeah, real fucking bang up Job.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 04:26:08 PM »
That fucker did destroy my country. Fucking dumb ass war. 
How the fuck was the economy left when he exited office.. Yeah, real fucking bang up Job.

The ecÓnomy tanked after pelosi took over in 2006. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2011, 04:28:25 PM »

The ecÓnomy tanked after pelosi took over in 2006. 

Shut up bitch.. this dont involve your stupid ass. im talkin to HH6

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2011, 04:41:41 PM »
Shut up bitch.. this dont involve your stupid ass. im talkin to HH6

Sorry to pee on your little bush bash.  Look it up.   Once reid and pelosi took over the congress - she went down hill.   Bush mailed it in and ever since pelosi and reid rammed through the most marxist shit in decades. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 06:35:59 PM »
Must be the parent in me, but this is a nice family pic.

...now vote him out.  :D

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2011, 07:28:57 PM »
Some people don't have a dog. Because their shitty little apartment building won't allow them.

So they just have to stick with imaginary girlfriends.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2011, 07:32:14 PM »
Some people don't have a dog. Because their shitty little apartment building won't allow them.

So they just have to stick with imaginary girlfriends.

Lol.   My GF is 10 fool. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2011, 07:34:33 PM »
Lol.   My GF is 10 fool. 

a little young, IMO

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2011, 07:35:08 PM »
in 2010, it was a bunch of peoplr crying about white house choice of decorations.

this year, it's the postcard, right?

this is trivial bullshit for little people to whine about anything cause they hate their lives and know the 4 people in that pic are millionaires and never have to work again, and they do, it's that simple.

now that palin isn't going to wreck the 2012 repub ticket, i could care less what she does.  make a great living, have a wildly successful career, i'm sure her FOX show will be on any day now... just don't run for POTUS and hand 4 more years to obama, mmkay?  thanks.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2011, 07:36:08 PM »
a little young, IMO

LOL.  She is a ten on most people's scale.   I will pm you a pic if you want.