Author Topic: Rocky 4 to 5 question  (Read 5092 times)

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
Rocky 4 to 5 question
« on: December 23, 2011, 10:19:14 AM »
They ve been showing all the Rocky films on UK tv the last few days so watching Rocky 4 last night which was immediately follwed by 5 i noticed something odd.
At the end of 4 when he s telling his kid merry xmas i love you, it shows the kid watching the fight and he s about 7, then at the start of 5 which is set about 2 or 3 days later as Rocky gets off the plane from Moscow the kid runs over and he s about 13!!!!

WTF?!!?!?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Rocky 4 to 5 question
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 10:20:26 AM »
They ve been showing all the Rocky films on UK tv the last few days so watching Rocky 4 last night which was immediately follwed by 5 i noticed something odd.
At the end of 4 when he s telling his kid merry xmas i love you, it shows the kid watching the fight and he s about 7, then at the start of 5 which is set about 2 or 3 days later as Rocky gets off the plane from Moscow the kid runs over and he s about 13!!!!

WTF?!!?!?

Stallone giving his kid some of that top notch HGH

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 10:22:09 AM »
i belive sly said 5 was suppose to be the final rock (at that time) so he wanted his real son to be part of the movie so he casted him in it, and thought nobody would notice or care

ob205

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 10:59:21 AM »
Or they could have had Drago come back and show it's just the finishing touch or 5%

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 11:28:37 AM »
You just NOW noticed that...20 years after the fact??

Wow, nothing gets past you  ::)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 11:33:35 AM »
On a similar note, I believe I have noticed a few "continuity" issue in the fine film Commando.
a

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 01:29:00 PM »
never!
On a similar note, I believe I have noticed a few "continuity" issue in the fine film Commando.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 01:40:17 PM »
Yes Sly paid the price in that garbage movie Rocky 5. That movie borderline wrecked the whole Rocky series. One of the worst story lines ever produced on film. The guy could have done a single commercial and he wouldn't have had to live in a shit hole again. And his wife working for min/wage in the same pet store was even more ridiculous. Let alone the kid aging about 5-7 years. :-\

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 01:41:26 PM »
  kingtropin

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 01:43:44 PM »
Yo Adrain

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 02:01:08 PM »

the one I remember is when he drop Sully off the cliff and then pushed the Porche back on over and the side is all smashed in and then a few minutes later the car is fine

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 02:14:47 PM »
You just NOW noticed that...20 years after the fact??

Wow, nothing gets past you  ::)

I'd say over 25 years actually.

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2011, 02:15:54 PM »
I'd say over 25 years actually.

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 02:29:23 PM »
Watched 'Rocky 5' again recently and it was as bad as I remembered ... felt like a telemovie

'Rocky Balboa' was a great one to end it on though (presumably): : "Let's start building some hurtin' bombs" lol

As cliched as they can seem, Rocky training sequences are good if lacking pre-workout motivation

I'd like to see him bring it back for one more shot at the title that way he can finally shut up all his critics.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2011, 02:42:18 PM »
You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Actually ,you dont know who the fuck are you talking to hijo de las mil putas!

The physique Dolph Lundgren has in first picture is around 1984 time the filming took place, movie was released in 85. If the second picture is recent it means 27 years apart.  now go figure what hijo de la mil putas means, cause thats what you are...

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHH

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2011, 02:45:28 PM »

WTF?!!?!?
lol, i wondered the same thing when i saw the movie in theaters 20 years ago.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2011, 03:27:52 PM »
I wonder why his actual son didn't play his son in the final one...

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2011, 04:04:54 PM »
Actually ,you dont know who the fuck are you talking to hijo de las mil putas!

The physique Dolph Lundgren has in first picture is around 1984 time the filming took place, movie was released in 85. If the second picture is recent it means 27 years apart.  now go figure what hijo de la mil putas means, cause thats what you are...

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHH

He was talking about Rocky 5, dummy.

It makes me feel better about myself to prove people wrong online.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2011, 04:29:09 PM »
the one I remember is when he drop Sully off the cliff and then pushed the Porche back on over and the side is all smashed in and then a few minutes later the car is fine

Yes a lazy mistake by the editing director. Also in the same scene, its easy to spot the cable that is holding Sully upside down. ;)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2011, 06:00:10 PM »
Or they could have had Drago come back and show it's just the finishing touch or 5%

lundgren in masters of the universe horrible movie ,,his size in it tho put drago's to shame.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2011, 06:06:11 PM »
he could easily write on the screen at the beginning of the movie.. (5 YEARS LATER) :-X

i will try to see it again to see this fatal mistake..

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2011, 06:31:57 PM »
he could easily write on the screen at the beginning of the movie.. (5 YEARS LATER) :-X

Sly's ego is so large that he can't possibly come to grips of his age so writing 5 years later is iimpossible for a guy like Sly. Try googling Slyvester Stallone's tweets(twitter). The guy is hanging on by a thread.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2011, 06:45:56 PM »
Sly's ego is so large that he can't possibly come to grips of his age so writing 5 years later is iimpossible for a guy like Sly. Try googling Slyvester Stallone's tweets(twitter). The guy is hanging on by a thread.
stallone has had many chapter in his life laid out over a long movie career,,,the down on his luck,doughy looking mope of a fighter wins title loses comes back in great physical condition and then wins the cold war in the ring,,money,,becomes hero for america as rambo,,,then tries to break from those molds ,,,has comeback with cliffhanger ,,then does movies geared towards how he looks and snarls his way through demolition man,judge dredd, gets fat to play loser cop,,,then comes bach as spokesperson for hgh,,,impossible for him to shake what he is/became.i think he did ok for himself,women,wives,children ,grandpa stallone we'll see,,,,

Purge_WTF

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2011, 06:53:59 PM »
I wonder why his actual son didn't play his son in the final one...

Because the kid couldn't act his way out of a wet brown paper bag.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2011, 07:34:43 PM »

So Rocky decided to "kick around" Russia for 5 years before taking a flight home to see his son??

I swear, there are second graders out there who have better reading comprehension skills than some of you dumbasses on this forum.